Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    LOL. You seriously think wow is more complicated now than it ever was?! You're a funny person.
    I never even said that, I literally said "WoW has never been complicated"

I did not know that you are the one who defines and assigns usefulness to things. Maybe no one has told you, but WoW is a multi faceted game. Thanks to stupid thoughts like yours, raiding has become nearly the only things that Blizzard pays any attention to.
    You're the only person who I've ever seen mention that, ever, holidays are not that important to people and I never said anything about raiding, I was talking it would take time out of actual permanent (not season based) story content.

IF (and that is IF) they were to lose their name, they would more than likely still play. They have "merged" realms a few times (Ex: Quel'dorei and Sen'Jin) and everyone kept their names. Eitherway, CRZ needs to die in a fire.
    You seem to think people don't care about their characters, I know quite a few people who would quit if they lost their names, and those realms are connected, not merged, for all intents and purpose they are still two separate realms acting as one. It's why we get the annoying Name-Realm thing when people type now.

Playing a video game is hard work? So what if you don't get your welfare legendary every week.
    And how is that any harder than showing up for raid, hoping the legendary that raid is for your class/spec/role, hoping for an extremely low drop chance, and hoping that'd you've sucked your RL dick enough to get it over his WoW GF? We all remember the Sunwell bow going to a Rogue over 2 hunters right? Hell, trying to pull a legendary a week now takes a lot more effort than that, raids weren't hard back then, we just sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I never even said that, I literally said "WoW has never been complicated"
    My bad, I'm doing too many things at once and not giving proper attention to any of them.

You're the only person who I've ever seen mention that, ever, holidays are not that important to people and I never said anything about raiding, I was talking it would take time out of actual permanent (not season based) story content.
    Do you understand that specific people are hired for specific jobs? You can not prove that it will take time out of other content.

You seem to think people don't care about their characters, I know quite a few people who would quit if they lost their names, and those realms are connected, not merged, for all intents and purpose they are still two separate realms acting as one. It's why we get the annoying Name-Realm thing when people type now.
    Sure people care about their characters. Sure maybe a few will quit but it would only be a few. Most of those people are too addicted to this game to just stop.

And how is that any harder than showing up for raid, hoping the legendary that raid is for your class/spec/role, hoping for an extremely low drop chance, and hoping that'd you've sucked your RL dick enough to get it over his WoW GF? We all remember the Sunwell bow going to a Rogue over 2 hunters right?
    Your superiority complex doesn't constitute everyone getting their welfare legendary. Loot has become far more class specific than it was in the past. If your RL is a problem then learn to be a leader and create your own guild. Stop being a timid sheep and reap your own rewards.

Do you understand that specific people are hired for specific jobs? You can not prove that it will take time out of other content.
    Ofc, but quest people are hired to do quests, too many class specific quests in 7.2 kill the generic questline and gave us "collect 100 bear asses" this week.

Sure people care about their characters. Sure maybe a few will quit but it would only be a few. Most of those people are too addicted to this game to just stop.
    A lot of people don't give up on the game because of character investment, remove that by forcing change and they have no reason to stick around.

Your superiority complex doesn't constitute everyone getting their welfare legendary. Loot has become far more class specific than it was in the past. If your RL is a problem then learn to be a leader and create your own guild. Stop being a timid sheep and reap your own rewards.
    I wasn't a GM then, but am now and frankly, as a GM, I wouldn't want to deal with it. Honestly, I don't even know where you're getting superiority complex from, its facts, when legendaries were limited most guilds didn't handle them with anything resembling finesse, and it pissed a lot of people off which is probably why it changed. To the even more welfare than it is now quest system back in mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back Aspects of the Pack and add daze effect to 90%. Hell, make it a permanent active spell for Hunters.

An action RPG set in a new fantasy universe, not so much based on endless farming and RNG but more skill oriented and equally rewarding in both solo and group play.

I wasn't a GM then, but am now and frankly, as a GM, I wouldn't want to deal with it.
    Deal with what? Giving loot to appropriate classes?

Honestly, I don't even know where you're getting superiority complex from, its facts, when legendaries were limited most guilds didn't handle them with anything resembling finesse, and it pissed a lot of people off which is probably why it changed.
    You posted about having to suck your "RL's dick" to have a chance at a legendary. You don't think that is a superiority issue? Feeling like you have to do more to get equal treatment isn't a superiority issue?

Deal with what? Giving loot to appropriate classes?
    Lol, as if it were that simple, do you give it to the person who has been here the longest but may not be the best, do you give it to the best dps but they haven't been here that long, what happens when you give it to someone and the gquit the next day (happened with a lot of mages in DS who had the FL staff). It's just too messy and leads to drama.

You posted about having to suck your "RL's dick" to have a chance at a legendary. You don't think that is a superiority issue? Feeling like you have to do more to get equal treatment isn't a superiority issue?
    Because in a lot of guilds it literally had nothing to do with performance or equal treatment but how much the GM/RL liked you or how long you were in the guild, even if you pulled 2x the dps of the next guy who could get it, if they had seniority they were getting it.

And just to be clear, I always tanked (warrior and then pally) so I never really had a legendary to fight over anyway, since vanilla, so this is all just observations from someone not even involved in the drama.
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-10-03 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old world revamp. EK and Kalimdor world design similar to Broken Isles. More open terrain, remove those gross border hills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock spell effects updated...

I'd love for them to announce official legacy servers, but I feel that is VERY unlikely. So I'd settle for playable Naga in the next expansion.

What I want them to unveil (but know they won't)? Vanilla WoW servers.

What I want them to unveil (but know they will)? Info about next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    far less rng - legendaries either removed or sent back to a previous model... or something new. i dont care, just not rng drops. war/titanforged removed, sockets not random

more alt friendliness again. i miss being able to just log my alts and gear them up via alt raids and have them be viable, even if they were a little undergeared. if i play an alt, i do it for a change of pace. while i did like questing for legendaries, doing it on an/multiple alts was just tedious and boring.

real player housing. garrisons werent player housing, stop saying they were.
    As of 7.3 it's by a large distance the most alt friendly xpack ever. They leveled and geared characters so fast.

Allowing any race to be in either faction and to be any class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legacy Servers, a new IPO, and next Exp

Diablo 4

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I want them to announce a new system we can use to be able to modify gear.
    Not just tmog it into an existing asset, but design it from the ground up.
    Give us a bunch of 'base' models from which we choose, then let us pick what we want.
    Making a 2hand sword picks a base model, then you swap out the hilt and pommel from a bunch of options, you pick how long the blade is on a slider, the style of it (single blade, double edged), the color of each piece, whole nine.
    I want to make a big as eff sword with a pitch black blade, a neon pink pommel, and some flippin green fire engulfing the blade.
    I want to make shoulders that are 28x larger than they have any right to be (instead of the current shoulder design, which is only 14x larger) with red and blue spikes and puke green skulls and purple fur all over the place for no reason.
    Give us freedom to mash together assets and come up with our own gear.
    They can still make tier, that's fine.
    But goddammit if druid tier since forever hasn't been awful and will prolly remain awful.
    Let me pick how I look the way I want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    What content did we skip? Unless you showed up late nothing was skipped (except maybe heroic dungeons, but you still did dungeons in general).

And content is ALWAYS trivialized. BWL trivialized molten core (you still did it, but you stomped it). The only reason people did old raids back in the day was legendaries (MC) or attunements (TBC)
    If you think BWL trivialized Molten Core similar to how new patches and raids trivialize content in recent expacs... woah

So average Joe who just hit level 60 just skipped Molten Core and went straight to BWL aye? Or his friend Johnny hit level 70, skipped T4 Karazhan and started T6 Black Temple because the gear was better.

I went from hardcore to casual and this game really starts to show how much of a waste of time 90% of the content really is. No need to really put effort/skill/time into farming gear or AP when Blizzard does it for you every patch or just straight up skips you over the content, the only thing worthwhile is Mythic Raiding because then character progression actually matters and if your a casual that ain't happening anyway.

I wonder how many people regret spending weeks farming AP so they can beat the content they already did except 2% faster, only for the next AK token to come out and make their 2 months of work take 2 minutes. Or all the people who joined late and never did the first 3 raids, or played then and because they never did them when current now cant. (Going back and 1 shotting doesn't count)
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-10-04 at 03:16 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    If you think BWL trivialized Molten Core similar to how new patches and raids trivialize content in recent expacs... woah

So average Joe who just hit level 60 just skipped Molten Core and went straight to BWL aye? Or his friend Johnny hit level 70, skipped T4 Karazhan and started T6 Black Temple.
    By trivialize we're talking about the gear from one trivializing the other, not skipping, skipping started somewhat in BC with new instances and badge gear, but you couldn't not do early tiers because of Attunements until they removed them later on. It really didn't become a huge thing until Wrath. Once a new raid patch/dungeons came out in wrath the old raid was basically moot. Regardless both things have been around for many many years, longer than they haven't, and attributing either as problems of Legion is a fallacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    By trivialize we're talking about the gear from one trivializing the other, not skipping, skipping started somewhat in BC with new instances and badge gear, but you couldn't not do early tiers because of Attunements until they removed them later on. It really didn't become a huge thing until Wrath. Once a new raid patch/dungeons came out in wrath the old raid was basically moot. Regardless both things have been around for many many years, longer than they haven't, and attributing either as problems of Legion is a fallacy.
    Skipping in TBC only started with Isle of Quel'denas realistically when everyone and their mom farmed the trash in Sunwell and did H MGT daily for their ez OP itemized gear.

It wasn't really skipping either now I think about it, more like obsolete all content at once because casuals couldn't even start Sunwell first boss and every other piece of content basically before it was useless for them. So basically stuck in a rut until WoTLK.

Even if they been around for quite a few years it still not off topic, bcuz the thread is about what you hope they announce at blizzcon lol. Not what Legion failed. Even if it's extreme wishful thinking, it's still fun to talk about.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-10-04 at 04:28 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.