Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    it's a spammy mod

and having it is like having training wheels on a bike as an adult
    Maybe it feels like that when your in LFR, try doing bosses last few bosses in NH/ToS on Mythic without it and see how well it goes.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

But but...then fights would all be hard again, "like in Vanilla." Kappa.

I personally would be more interested in raiding again. I havn't been for the better part of 3 expansions. I just don't find the excitement in watching timers and spending all that time on raids that hardly feel rewarding. And I don't mean loot.

they should but they know the average player can't raid without it

anything that tells you what is GOING to happen isn't something that should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    ...Or they'll implement critical features of DBM into their game,
    ??? What does that have to do with anything? The topic is about removing DBM to stop the "critical" features dbm brings, not replace them with something else.

Did you read the first post?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

it's an unfair advantage too have addons like this...

That isn't my point though, what makes it worse is that it's MANDATORY.

Go try to raid mythic without DBM tell me how it works out.
    How is it being Dishonest to use DBM/BW? How is it an unfair advantage when EVERYONE has access to those AddOns?

I think it would be bad for the game. They would have to simplify fights drastically or shit would just be way too hard. Oh and things like brambles on Mythic Cenarius were fucking aids, so if all fights mechanics were like that then I would probably just go play a wotlk private server.

But if you want to start designing encounters around NOT having boss mods this will mean you'll need to KILL boss mods in a way that means they will never come back.

Which means killing the combat log. Completely DEAD DEAD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    What? did you silly forgot to turn something on today? you can just rightclick and ignore/report somebody you dont need an addon for that.
    Ignore has number limit. Report somebody will easily crash clients.
    silly not able to distinguish between the game and addons.
    Sorry, it is you are so silly. Blizzard default UI are addons.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    it's a spammy mod

and having it is like having training wheels on a bike as an adult
    So you raid mythic and don't use dbm?

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I think it would be bad for the game. They would have to simplify fights drastically or shit would just be way too hard. Oh and things like brambles on Mythic Cenarius were fucking aids, so if all fights mechanics were like that then I would probably just go play a wotlk private server.
    TBF, I'd like to see more mechanics like brambles. I think it's cool

Top players would just use irl timers. Make a mobile app or something.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Top players would just use irl timers. Make a mobile app or something.
    Star Wars: the Old Republic has that exact thing: http://ixparse.com/features/#timers

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Star Wars: the Old Republic has that exact thing: http://ixparse.com/features/#timers
    And FFXIV has ACT which was used for many more things, but its main focus is FFXIV now, there's other apps like these two.

For some reason, people keep forgetting that it's not 2004 anymore, everything is theorecrafted now, spreadsheets are an inseparable part of gaming. Or people pretend that these things don't exist

Quote Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
    So you are in fact comfortable with eliminating someone's wages because of something you can easily avoid?
    What sort of question is this? Blizzard doesn't PAY his wages, ALL addons are created FOR FREE, not as some sort of business. If they're creating addons to generate income then I'm sorry, it should be cut. Look at how Bethesda tried to make paid mods, didn't work out too well for them did it? Because that's not how it's supposed to be.

It's not like he wouldn't be able to create some sort of new mod to keep his patreons or donators happy or whatever, but you're absolutely stupid if you think blizzard should not cut an addon because a dude makes money off it - it's the other way around - they should be more likely to do so because of that very fact.

Anyway,

I think the game would be better without DBM, however it would require a shift in design from Blizzard to accompany that change. They need to make certain things telegraph better so players know when it's going to happen. For example, if the tank needs to put active mitigation up before taking a specific hit, the boss should be casting a spell (and longer than some, cause some are like half a second or less in legion in this scenario) so it's more apparent that you need to do that. They should look at FFXIV raids because their is very well telegraphed and they don't have a DBM to rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    They should look at FFXIV raids because their is very well telegraphed and they don't have a DBM to rely on.
    If you do any form of hard content in FFXIV when it's current, savages, you defo run ACT and parse the f out of this game, and ACT has timers too Or at least you have people, esp RL and announcers, who run it.

By do I mean clear and not just try.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Iif you think blizzard should not cut an addon because a dude makes money off it - it's the other way around - they should be more likely to do so because of that very fact.
    By your logic Blizz should fuck all streamers up then. People are making money by playing Blizz games which is even worse
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-10-04 at 06:10 AM.

Deleted
    I would love to see DBM gone, right now I don't raid WoW actually, I raid BDM bards and warnings, something must be done.

I'd rather more intelligently designed fights with in-game visual warnings than DBM. Right now the current state of raiding is most mythic encounters come down to completely absurd mechanics overlaps, for forced complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Karthius View Post
    For the next expansion and going forward how would you guys feel if DBM was broken (any addon that helps with a raid fight) and the mechanics were adjusted knowing that players dont have this mod? Nothing overly complicated like mythic raids have been but something legit challenging yet fun.
    No, why would they?
    Addons are large par of what make WoW cool.

If you don't like them, don't use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's just say they did.. And somehow completely stopped DBM-style addons being doable in-game..
    I'd give it 2 days before there was a program with the timings listed for every ability and a timer. So basically nothing would change, except you now have to have it on your second monitor to be able to see, and it wouldn't be as precise due to being user-operated instead of reading the game's data directly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game already has a built in "DBM" for the longest time. The problem is that it's used too sparingly or poorly, and players have little options to change to improve or disable outside addons.

Non-cosmetic addons should be banned for Rated PvP, Mythic Raids, and Keystone content anyway.

Addons are already banned for Arena Tournaments.

If you need any non-cosmetic addon except "Recount" (etc) and you're not physically or mentally handicapped in some form or another, you have no right to brag or criticize other players. RNG is not skill, and since Legion is full of RNG there's little skill to brag about.

People are going to cheese games with thirdparty stuff (including "gaming" peripherals) no matter what. Just dismiss their credibility and move on with your life. Blizzard shouldn't feel bad about banning these spoiled brat 1% players anyway. These players will do anything to be top as long as they can get away with it. They don't care about merit or gameplay.

Blizzard refusing to add a rudimentary sim or damage meter to the game has been infuriating for the longest time because it can expose their faulty design decisions in real time rather than theoretically. This is more to do with class gameplay design being the weakest point of WoW since Cata, and less to do with the content itself.

Blizzard should've broken DBM/Bigwigs/etc a long time ago, and considering they're capable of detecting and banning people for overusing AutoHotkey it's not hard for them do the same for other third-party programs.

Who is anyone kidding though. Entire PTR sessions are dedicated to pampering the assholes that try to break and cheese the game as much as possible instead of punishing them.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.