Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I used to be casual roleplayer. But the increasing number of people roleplaying as gays / transgender even ruined my experience. Can people keep that LGBTQ whatever stuff out of fantasy game?
    This so much

I used to too...after years AD community has became only of teenage boys "roleplaying" female chars that are lesbians.

Try some of that and I dare you if don't gag.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

That is also my issue, that people try to incorporate stuff from real world, and our modern values upon fictional races, which are often described as being violent and intolerant.
    I saw lots of crack cross-racial couples that made no bloody sense (like troll guy and belf fem) where it feels that players don't really get the race they're playing.
    Or that they rp a gay when they don't know if that stuff is even tolerated in society they're part of let's say orcs. Lantresor of the Blade was getting crap treatement for just being a half-breed, do you honestly believe orcs would be cool with gay stuff? Or trolls which are based mostly on african tribes which most likely don't even know what the ook is that to begin with.

But transgender is where it imo went too far. How would that be even achieveable in World like WoW?

I honestly don't care what people do IRL with their lives, it's their business. But don't transition stuff that either doesn't exist or isn't a thing in WoW. If certain race is written in certain way then stick to the description. It's written there together with their lore for a reason, you can't just hand wave it and bend it for your liking there are always limits how individuals of certain races could act- so yeah there are no tribal blood elves aswell.

But yeah I saw too much and I'm really repulsed to the RP so I stick to casual stuff that I do with my friends. I honestly preffer lollers now as at least they're funny and they don't even pretend they're serious.

But that is just my opinion.
    People always think if LGBTQPWRFJACAHGTFLA+ was added into wow they would think it would be allowed... LuL

Goldshire's a good laugh. Pick up the addon My Roleplay for the full experience.

RP is still going on strong on my realm. Granted it's the notorious Moon Guard. That said, there's a lot of quality RP if you can tolerate the ERP community, which really isn't hard to ignore unless you're irrationally OCD about your level of immersion.

I used to be casual roleplayer. But the increasing number of people roleplaying as gays / transgender even ruined my experience. Can people keep that LGBTQ whatever stuff out of fantasy game?
    I have to agree. I tried to RP again recently, and this just ruined for me. Not to mention all the other stupid and weird things I came across. Shame, really. :-/ RP used to be way more intelligent, creative and “down to earth” with regards to making sense and fitting well with the fantasy of WoW. Now it’s just weird. But to each their own.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

It's gotten a little to strange for me these days. RP still goes on sure, but good RP seems to have almost vanished outside of guilds and small groups.

That is also my issue, that people try to incorporate stuff from real world, and our modern values upon fictional races, which are often described as being violent and intolerant.
    I saw lots of crack cross-racial couples that made no bloody sense (like troll guy and belf fem) where it feels that players don't really get the race they're playing.
    Or that they rp a gay when they don't know if that stuff is even tolerated in society they're part of let's say orcs. Lantresor of the Blade was getting crap treatement for just being a half-breed, do you honestly believe orcs would be cool with gay stuff? Or trolls which are based mostly on african tribes which most likely don't even know what the ook is that to begin with.

But transgender is where it imo went too far. How would that be even achieveable in World like WoW?

I honestly don't care what people do IRL with their lives, it's their business. But don't transition stuff that either doesn't exist or isn't a thing in WoW. If certain race is written in certain way then stick to the description. It's written there together with their lore for a reason, you can't just hand wave it and bend it for your liking there are always limits how individuals of certain races could act- so yeah there are no tribal blood elves aswell.

But yeah I saw too much and I'm really repulsed to the RP so I stick to casual stuff that I do with my friends. I honestly preffer lollers now as at least they're funny and they don't even pretend they're serious.

I remember this one time someone tried to describe to my character that they were transgender. Not in WoW, in Black Desert, which is a game set during the late middle ages ( they have poor quality cannons and guns )

Obviously my character was confused as fuck since someone living in such a world would get a huge bluescreen at the idea.

The person in cause got so mad over an IC interaction they blocked me.

It was hilarious.

I hate it when people can't tell OOC from IC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I tried it back in 2007, still have my old RP character on my account, but hasn't been touched for years. I did make him so I could play as a wanderer, just traveling the roads and RP'ing with people IO met, never leveling, all the while I managed to get to level 14 lol.

Then I got bored and left... Bless those that continue to do it, you have stronger souls than I :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I would venture a guess that rp participation rates have actually gone up recently cause of discord. Easier to find non guilded or even off server grps to rp with. Probably helps people be less nervous about trying it as well, cause you know social stigmas about it being ultra nerdy or what not.

15+ Year Old Account
    RP is totally still a thing, I even ran into some rp'ers the other night that ruined a battleground i was in. There were 4 people from moonguard on my team and the 4 of them just kept defending lava no matter what happened, they wouldnt answer anyone on the team either. The 4 of them just kept walking the cart to lava even tho we were getting beat up at the other 2 carts and no1 was attacking lava. We asked them to come help with water but none of them answered and wouldnt come help. They must have been playing some kind of role where they were assigned to defend lava at all costs....needless to say we lost that bg but we never lost lava cart...................................................................................... ...........

Definitely recommend rolling a dwarf on Moon Guard-US and joining the Dwarven Vanguard. I haven't played with them in a few months due to just being on other projects and burning out on the RP, but I'm sure they're still around and remember their events were a lot of fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't care what people do IRL with their lives, it's their business. But don't transition stuff that either doesn't exist or isn't a thing in WoW.
    This is a world with interdimensional spaceships, where Goblins canonically invented FAST FOOD, you can turn people into chickens and frogs with the flick of a wrist or teleport through time and space in an instant, and finding a way to transition is difficult for you to grok? If this was Game of Thrones, I might be with you on it not making a lot of sense (barring someone being trans but not transitioning, which happens), but this is World of Warcraft. WoW lore is the silliest sci-fi/fantasy shit in existence. You have a right to RP in ways you like or with people you like and avoiding others, but saying it's not possible in the context of WoW is a little too much for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrash Umbra View Post
    This is a world with interdimensional spaceships, where Goblins canonically invented FAST FOOD, you can turn people into chickens and frogs with the flick of a wrist or teleport through time and space in an instant, and finding a way to transition is difficult for you to grok? If this was Game of Thrones, I might be with you on it not making a lot of sense (barring someone being trans but not transitioning, which happens), but this is World of Warcraft. WoW lore is the silliest sci-fi/fantasy shit in existence. You have a right to RP in ways you like or with people you like and avoiding others, but saying it's not possible in the context of WoW is a little too much for my taste.
    If there is no record of that in WoW then it's not a thing. Why would they even think about it in the first place when people struggle with food, with constant warfare and such? Technology is used for war and advancement of a faction even from political PoV it would be waste of resources to change people's appearance that would actually weaken them. I'm just saying for people to not transition this kind of stuff if it was never a thing in this universe, you're making stuff up that has no base either in lore or even basic racial description, and forgetting that each race has specific mindset and priorities aswell. There are always limits, even in fantasy universe. And I can't fathom how people can be serious in pushing this stuff up, it feels absolutely out of blue, and it's incredibly repulsive.

It's the same as making headcanon, really. And I'd be as much annoyed if I'd meet nelf shaman or elune worshipping orc. So if you play a race and you want to be treated seriously as roleplayer you will do a research and stick to racial portrayal. Otherwise we will be swarmed with futas and other freak creations (if we already aren't by now).

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    bait alert
    No it's honest opinion. If you can't distinguish opinion that offended you for some odd reason from bait that then gratz.

Pretty sure Tauren don't care about sexuality pref,
    Really? Got any source for that? No?
    as there are well-documented precedences for the acceptance of gay and crossdressing individuals within shamanic and Native American cultures.
    Like that "Viking female warrior cheiftain" revelation we had last time? But that is besiedes the point here. The thing is about making stuff up that has no support. If certain stuff isn't apparent in WoW then it doesn't happen.
    Plus they're pretty chill as a species. Doubt gnomes or Dranei care either.
    Orcs would probably be pretty unaccepting. And belfs...well, we all know that what happens in Silvermoon stays in Silvermoon ;-)
    So you think that Silvermoon is one big brothel lorewise. I'm sure hardcore belf roleplayers will be happy to read that.

Honestly, I can also make up a lot of things but as long as it's has no base in lore then it's still inaccurate. But that is subject river. I merely voiced my opinion on what ruined rp experience for me, and how I hate on how people bring RL modern stuff to game that never dealt with this shizz ever.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

I can tolerate gay and lesbian characters, but I never got the appeal of playing a transgender character, especially in a world where one could use magic to transform themselves into anything and even then, why not just make a {gender} character in the first place?

What I can't stand are the shemale/futa characters that want to be taken seriously or even what you said with races. Now I don't mind interracial relationships, but they need to have context and make sense. I've met half-elves, one half-dwarf and even a half-troll in game and it's my issue isn't so much with them existing, but all of them just hanging out in Stormwind expected the be treated like everyone else.

I once encountered a draenei with FIVE half-orc children sitting in front of the Blue Recluse.

EDIT: I think homosexuality can be capable with certain races like tauren, pandaren, night elves and orcs. You can look at some of the homosexual behavior found in ancient warrior cultures like the Spartans and Samurai for night elves and orcs. As for pandaren and tauren, they're likely far more tolerant of unconventional lifestyles due to their egalitarian societies, although this could vary from tribe to tribe for tauren.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2017-10-02 at 05:00 PM.

I'm sorry* RPing what I know and am comfortable with ruins your suspension of disbelief.

*I am not sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    I'm sorry* RPing what I know and am comfortable with ruins your suspension of disbelief.

*I am not sorry
    If this is all you took from my post then I don't feel sorry for you too.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    People that don't RP may be surprised to see how large some events are on Argent Dawn EU.

https://www.argentarchives.org/

It's still very much alive.

The quality of RP varies. I'm an advocate of realism and immersion but plenty of people just want to mess around and not really pay attention to what, in my opinion, makes good RP.

I've never actually seen any ERP but I suppose that's because I know not to go to Goldshire. There's plenty of other places upon Azeroth to role-play in.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2017-10-04 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ojack View Post
    I did a little RP around 2008.
    Is it still a thing to RP ? ore do you need to be on a rp server before its valid ?
    Yes, end thread.

If there is no record of that in WoW then it's not a thing. Why would they even think about it in the first place when people struggle with food, with constant warfare and such? Technology is used for war and advancement of a faction even from political PoV it would be waste of resources to change people's appearance that would actually weaken them. I'm just saying for people to not transition this kind of stuff if it was never a thing in this universe, you're making stuff up that has no base either in lore or even basic racial description, and forgetting that each race has specific mindset and priorities aswell. There are always limits, even in fantasy universe. And I can't fathom how people can be serious in pushing this stuff up, it feels absolutely out of blue, and it's incredibly repulsive.

It's the same as making headcanon, really. And I'd be as much annoyed if I'd meet nelf shaman or elune worshipping orc. So if you play a race and you want to be treated seriously as roleplayer you will do a research and stick to racial portrayal. Otherwise we will be swarmed with futas and other freak creations (if we already aren't by now).
    There's literally a potion to swap genders in game.

Dragons can choose whatever form they want.

Also you can fuck a dragon.

IDK man, you could say that in terms of personal self-actualization, you can be anything you can be in real life in WoW, but only more? Like there's literally more options in the wow universe. Unless the lore explicitly states otherwise, anything goes, anything is possible. It doesn't matter if you personally like it or not.