Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    If you removed mythic the game would become a joke and no semi-serious gamer would even touch it.
    or even casual gamer. While normal player would never be a dedicated mythic raider, he still 'follow' news, most LoL players for example aren't in LCS yet it is LCS that bring the most buzz/feed news about LoL
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    What planet are you on that you think reducing the number of raid difficulties will somehow change that?
    I didn't say that. See, the problem is you are unnecessarily confrontational, and you don't like to read. And you like to shove it down people's throats that "Blizzard already said..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    You're basically having a discussion with the thread headline and not even participating in what was being discussed.
    Because what is being discussed is bulshitter than bullshit.

Somehow you think if there was only 1 raiding difficulties server populations would increase? Because reasons?

7+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=cparle87;47491224]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Simply higher accesability. The more difficulties allow more players to experience the content./QUOTE]

This. Blizz said, what? Like 0.5% of people saw Kel'thuzad version one and like 3% Kil'jaeden version one? Doesn't sound to me going by those numbers that Blizz recouped the investment they spent making them.
    As you put out, there was a clear problem with raiding back in Vanilla and TBC, that it took alot of time to get into and very few people became good enough to reach the end raiding.

I would say, that i don't agree with how Blizz are doing it today and that 4 difficulties are too many.... But they did solve their initial problem, so you can give them that
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    What the actual fuck does that have to do with raiding difficulties?
    You're like a guy arguing in defense of an arsonist that has set your house on fire, while you're sitting in the house.

Deleted
    You're like a guy arguing in defense of an arsonist that has set your house on fire, while you're sitting in the house.
    Okay dude. Drugs are bad, m'kay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    If you removed mythic the game would become a joke and no semi-serious gamer would even touch it.
    It's a shame we can't really add meme faces here, but the "are you serious" meme would be perfect haha

I can see that clearly a lot of you people in here are (relatively) new players. When I was first playing this game, there was 1 raiding difficulty. And do you know what that meant? It did not mean that the raiding scene was super exclusive and we kept everyone out, it meant that we had to play with a lot of bad players and help them get better.

Now? We don't have to do that at all, because there are all these different raid difficulties, and associated with that is less player interaction.

If you can't understand how that has been very bad for the community, no wonder you not only still give Blizzard cash money, but probably even more than I ever did.

Y'all probably think it's awesome how you can just buy unlimited amounts of loot boxes and card packs and such in blizzard's other games, too. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say that. See, the problem is you are unnecessarily confrontational, and you don't like to read. And you like to shove it down people's throats that "Blizzard already said..."
    That doesn't describe anything I've said Are you mixed up with some other poster?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    it's only for blizzard to save time and money, they think
    I think there should be only one difficulty
    raid "soloing" is a big thing, and by having one difficulty lfr style players will want to purchase a new expansion even more (or whatever it's called) to discover all the raids they weren't able to complete

exactly like before
    So your idea is that someone who say stopped playng in WoD will buy Legion and whatever the next expansion is and level to cap, just so they can solo WoD and maybe Legion raids?

Deleted
    I can see that clearly a lot of you people in here are (relatively) new players. When I was first playing this game, there was 1 raiding difficulty. And do you know what that meant? It did not mean that the raiding scene was super exclusive and we kept everyone out, it meant that we had to play with a lot of bad players and help them get better.
    Sure, that's why 1% of the playerbase got to see those bosses when they were current.

Maybe WoW has less players now, because it's 13 years old and many who played Vanilla are now 30-40 and have other things to do?

Now? We don't have to do that at all, because there are all these different raid difficulties, and associated with that is less player interaction.

If you can't understand how that has been very bad for the community, no wonder you not only still give Blizzard cash money, but probably even more than I ever did.

Y'all probably think it's awesome how you can just buy unlimited amounts of loot boxes and card packs and such in blizzard's other games, too. lol
    Ok. Let's see if I can translate your passive-aggressive statement into what you're really saying.

You're all nubs. I've been playing a long time. I helped carry baddies in old raids. New raids don't give me a chance to show off to the nubs how good I am. If you can't understand how this new way is bad you're stupid and give the big evil corporation more money because you're stupid, way more than I ever did cause I'm smart and don't play anymore. Now I'm gonna bring up something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand to try to attack you all because you're stupid for disagreeing with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So your idea is that someone who say stopped playng in WoD will buy Legion and whatever the next expansion is and level to cap, just so they can solo WoD and maybe Legion raids?
    it's not my idea, it's how it worked before having that many difficulties
    wow is not only raids, it's like saying cinema is just star wars, before lfr guess why people bought expansions. to play wow, and it worked better judging by the player influx

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    It's a shame we can't really add meme faces here, but the "are you serious" meme would be perfect haha
    I don't know if you're arguing in favor of him or not, but as someone who lives in Las Vegas and attends EVO every year with actual real life friends of mine who compete in the biggest and most important fighting game tournament in the world (which is what really started e sports btw) and who have ranked among the top players in the world at some point, I can tell you that not very many serious gamers play MMOs at all. MMOs are made easy enough for socker moms. Trust me I got one that heals me in M+ and she's among the top 20 for her class (in M+) in the world.

But she don't know shit about other classes really.

Deleted
    You're all nubs. I've been playing a long time. I helped carry baddies in old raids. New raids don't give me a chance to show off to the nubs how good I am. If you can't understand how this new way is bad you're stupid and give the big evil corporation more money because you're stupid, way more than I ever did cause I'm smart and don't play anymore. Now I'm gonna bring up something that has nothing to do with the topic at hand to try to attack you all because you're stupid for disagreeing with me.
    Welp, that proves it:

...but as someone who lives in Las Vegas and attends EVO every year with actual real life friends of mine who compete in the biggest and most important fighting game tournament in the world (which is what really started e sports btw) and who have ranked among the top players in the world at some point, I can tell you that not very many serious gamers play MMOs at all.
    .MMOs are made easy enough for socker moms. Trust me I got one that heals me in M+ and she's among the top 20 for her class (in M+) in the world.
    And I bet you fuck her as well, because you're just that cool.

Ok. Let's see if I can translate your passive-aggressive statement into what you're really saying.

There's nothing passive-aggressive about my statement, to say so means you don't know what the term even means, it means you avoid direct confrontation. Clearly I do not have an issue with direct confrontation.

A lot of people in here clearly were not playing this game until Cata or MOP at the very earliest and it's obvious. I'm clearly not having a discussion with old school players that have a clue what the game was actually like before. It's pretty clear that a lot of you people think the game was improved by every change that has been made to raiding, and have no complaints. But you're also incapable of convincing me and other much older players and mostly just regurgitate what Blizzard employees have stated.

Here's the truth, the raiding scene in the past wasn't super exclusive (except on a guild by guild basis and there were plenty of guilds that weren't cream of the crop bleeding edge to join, just as most mythic guild's today are not bleeding edge anything but are exclusive af), there were not significantly fewer players raiding, there was significantly more players playing. So all that the game has now is higher % of players being raiders, because significantly fewer people play the game.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-10-04 at 09:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

And you nailed it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    LFR/norm/heroic/mythic... 4 difficulties DOES seem like too much.

PAST DIFFICULTIES:
    -Vanilla Normal 40/Normal 25 (2 difficulties)
    -TBC Normal 10-25 (2 difficulties)
    -Wrath Normal/heroic 10-25 (4 difficulties mid way thru)
    -Cata normal/heroic 10-25 (+LFR at the end) (4-5 difficulties)
    -Mists normal/heroic/mythic/lfr (mists/wod/legion) (4 difficulties)
    ..... each expac has had 1, 2 , or 4 difficulties.
    Why not try 3 difficulties next expac?

------ extra rant shit
    People are saying that each difficulty is for 4 different types of players in the playerbase.
    LFR is for people who can only play 20-40 mins at a time... normal is for the casual who wants to experience the raid and leave it at that... heroic is for people who want to push the challenge, or view heroic as the 'full raid' experience... and mythic is for the real CHALLENGE.

Hm. But who EXCLUSIVELY -only- raids LFR, and what would stop them from dipping their toes into normal mode? i do agree that 4 difficulties is watering the system down. Can't we give new players the experience of going straight into normal mode, to show them that ALL raids require some kind of brain power? If most of the community reguards normal as the norm experience, and LFR as a half arsed mutation of the raiding experience... then ????
    I don't see the point of having a version of a raid in which it doesn't feel like a REAL raiding experience whatsoever. LFR can VERY easily be hamm assed... Normal is SO incredibly easy these days, isn't it fun to atleast have a MINOR feeling that you can screw up mechanics and wipe? Shouldn't raids have a certain inherent EXPECTATION that they WILL be a challenge? Werent raids created with that in mind in the FIRST PLACE???

If you just wanted to 'look' at the raid, then why not just look up youtube videos? why not go onto the PTR when its up and run around before its released onto live? I just dont understand how LFR is satisfying the urge to 'look' at the raid... If i were new to the game, id be overwhelmed with all the different difficulties. Why should i chase 4 versions of the same gear, 10-15 ilvls appart... the incentive is being watered down with more difficulties too. 3-4 different versions of the same raid cheapens the experience to some extent. Thats just the feeling.
    Last edited by digichi; 2017-10-04 at 10:04 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    seems like there is literally no reason to even discuss with the OP since *other opinion than me? so fuck off* why are guys like him even trying to start a discussion if u just reply with rude arrogant shit anyway regardless of what the person says makes sense or not..

Cos its minimal work for them to just add another difficulty, they can artificially create more content by recycling it with changed numbers. I dont see why its bad to have more options for content. Not sure why youre having a go at 4 difficulties when mythic+ makes it have 20 different diffculties