Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gnomes that are not mages/warlocks.

Tauren priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Gnomes are not frail and tauren are not strong.
    I don't even know how to react to this.

Male orc rogue is just ridicoulous
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Male orc rogue is just ridicoulous
    Male orc rogues are very common in WoW lore. It's just the model being too big for it.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    that one was the only logical one imo, because they were taking the night elves back to their ancestral routes, and if you knew night elf history, you'd know that their level of magical mastery was beyond any modern group back before the sundering where they developed the greatest civilization - as you can see in Suramar.

Once you had introduced that highborne (and now nightborne) are still around (night elven arcane practitioners who never stopped) you've opened the door for night elf mages no one can dispute because we've known from day one, that night elves a deeply magical and it's an arcane affinity too. One they did not employ for 10k years to prevent the legion from returning, not because they couldn't. And we get told they displayed their magical affinity by developing nature - so having empire night elves in the form of highborne and later nightborne return makes night elf mages quite possibility.

And remember they don't necessarily have to get on fabulously with everyone in the night elf area either, they can be a lot of conflict, or uneasiness, but as long as they exist, being a night elf mage is not unthinkable.

Orcs picking up magic by reading books or Tauren suddenly getting a priesthood or druidsm for that matter in the time they did, well that was very hastily done, and clearly done to make druids available on both sides at wow's introduction, and at cataclysm, to make Tauren have more playable classes as they had so few.

Gnome priests was another big ??? - as they are not a religious people at all, but credit to blizzard they did at least put effort into the lore to make those combos happen even though I think some should have taken longer and others should not happen.

Gnome warriors doesn't make sense - gnomes should get tinkers as a class.
    I'm not saying it doesn't make sense, I'm saying that I personally do not like them, their appearance, or how they feel at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    I would say Spirit Walkers are more like Tauren Shamans in current lore, considering how Blizzard adapted most of their abilities for that class.
    We can see some inspirations in the Priest class as well from the Spirit Walker unit, with abilities like Fade and old removed abilities like Spectral Guise (and arguably Shadowform) coming from those concepts of Ethereal Forms and ill omens of a coming age. They carry a small brazier with a white flame or incense -- kind of different from the fire we see from Shaman, which has always been red. That ill omen part is particularly interesting considering recent events citing the War of Light and Shadow. And it's interesting to consider how they may play a role in it in the future. We see Spirit Walkers belief systems reflected in Tauren society in-game. Most notably, with the passing of Cairne and even more recently with Highmountain NPCs directly citing (and even being) such units. Spirits are honored as a part of their belief system, their religion, which would probably explain why those direct WC3 entrees described them as Priests instead of Shaman. It could be that Shaman were taken to have the Spirit of Life because Tauren having Priests would have imbalanced some aspect of class distribution in Vanilla, and that Spirit of Life was an element more intended for Priests -- as we can see, Shadow Hunters, who utilize voodoo (a form of shadow magic) as well as the Spirit of Life, but no other aspects of Shamanism, is curious. Also tangentially interesting, is that Shadow Hunters wield glaives and bows -- weapon set otherwise only really utilized by Night Elf Priestesses of Elune. Which, in turn, is interesting considering their heritage and what this means for Taruen belief systems perhaps being derived from Troll's and thus Night Elves, and a potential connection to Elune in the upcoming War of Light and Shadow...

not sure why so many got issues with smaller races being warriors.. there's more to warriors than just wielding giant weapons and wearing plate armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Gnomes are not frail and tauren are not strong.
    In game terms that is correct. In reality, though, the gnomes' bones, for example, are much thinner, and therefore frailer, than the Tauren's. And again, in reality, Tauren (bigger races in general) indeed are stronger than gnomes.

Cut off their tails and they fall over.
    ... Really?

This idea that a tauren would easily win against a gnome is very misguided. A bias born of your own psyche.
    It's not a bias. It's what the evidence tells us. Gnomes' muscles are much thinner and smaller than a Tauren's. Their bones are also thinner and smaller than a Tauren's. It also stands to reason that their skins are also thinner and more fragile than a Tauren's. What advantage of speed and agility Gnomes have is practically negated by the heavy set of full plate armor warriors wear.

To say that a gnome warrior have roughly 50/50 chance (or more) of defeating a tauren warrior on one-on-one is just wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things not looking right or making sense in fantasy story.

Top kek.

Taurent priest was weird as its the only tauren class that could be cloth. Tauren in cloth just look weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we wanna get super lore snobby about it most of the ones in game.

Forsaken shouldn't be able to be Priests. The whole "In lore they are all shadow" thing is meh. Tauren Paladins is a stretch and I still don't quite get that one. I would also argue that only Night Elves should be Druids.

In actuality I don't care though.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    There never should have been restrictions in the first place. You don't tell people in D&D "you can't make a Halfling Druid!" If someone wants to be a Vampire Cleric, or a Half-Orc/Shark Minstrel-Wizard, you *encourage* it.

That said, if I ever thought any combo choices were weird, it was the choice of Human Warlocks over Night Elf Warlocks. All you see in the Night Elf starting experience is demon corruption everywhere. Meanwhile all across Elwynn, Westfall, or Redridge you get like... one dude in a mage tower. So like, all of War of the Ancients, and then Humans, having the "Perception" racial... on top of having a huge Mage Tower. All of them training and teaching "Detect Magic" all day, and yet, Warlocks just going on living all fine and dandy under a bar completely invisible. Like, yeah, okay.
    You clearly never played 1st or 2nd Edition AD&D, which some people still play to this day. Humans could be any class but couldn't multi-class. Dwarves could only be clerics, fighters, thieves, assassins or multi-class versions of them and couldn't advance beyond 9th level in any class but thief. You had to have a Charisma of 15 and Wisdom of 12 to be a druid. Female elves couldn't have a strength above 16...

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely hate Worgen Death Knight. I don't like Worgen to begin with but they look rediculous as Death Knights and also weren't even around to be raised.

Goblin Paladin, Dwarf Mage, Orc Priest, Night Elf Hunter, Pandaren Hunter, Pandaren Rogue, Pandaren Priest, Tauren Dead Knight, Orc Paladin, Orc Monk, Worgen Monk, Worgen Mage, Worgen druid, Dwaf Druid ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Tauren monk. They don't seem agile enough to do the things monks should. Those horns have to limit your range of movement, and the body has to be topheavy. I get there are some fighting styles a tauren could adopt, but I don't think the pandaran would know/teach that style. Also, orc mage. I don't see any reason why they CAN'T be mages, but I just don't like it for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    In game terms that is correct. In reality, though, the gnomes' bones, for example, are much thinner, and therefore frailer, than the Tauren's. And again, in reality, Tauren (bigger races in general) indeed are stronger than gnomes.

... Really?

It's not a bias. It's what the evidence tells us. Gnomes' muscles are much thinner and smaller than a Tauren's. Their bones are also thinner and smaller than a Tauren's. It also stands to reason that their skins are also thinner and more fragile than a Tauren's. What advantage of speed and agility Gnomes have is practically negated by the heavy set of full plate armor warriors wear.

To say that a gnome warrior have roughly 50/50 chance (or more) of defeating a tauren warrior on one-on-one is just wrong.
    You don't know what tails are for?

Yes, gnomes are smaller than Taurens. They are supposed to be stronger than their frames show though. But really... this is not reality and your point only holds if they both just stood in front of each other and swinged without moving. Therefore this will lead us nowhere.

And tbh i actually think a Tauren would be easier to kill than a gnome, just because of how slow, heavy and bigger target they are. Yet this is not properly reflected in-game on their combat abilities either so...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    There was the evil Auchenai in BC for draenei too.
    Bongo! They also fall in the cultist thing. Now I do want pandaren cultists.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Things not looking right or making sense in fantasy story.

Top kek.
    Fantasy or not but its have its own rules based on lore. Indeed its Top kek when game stop following it for sake of gameplay and fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Dark Iron dwarves who summoned Ragnaros were warlocks.
    Only one dwarf summoned Ragnaros. And he was a sorcerer, not a warlock.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-10-05 at 12:18 AM.