Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If that abomination is still around by the time ES6 is out, I'm not bothering with it.

Art by draken4o

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    If that abomination is still around by the time ES6 is out, I'm not bothering with it.
    its unlikely they will have it at launch for any new game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Mostly played F4 with mods. My only non-modded playthrough went fine but that was because I played it as safe as possible.

That said Fallout 4 is probably the game which reacts most poorly towards PC's with anything above 60 FPS
    Between clipboards dropping like stones, dialogue overlapping between lines, out of sync radios, suicidal cows, dead body parts stretching into unnatural positions, shivering trees that look like they're experiencing the apocalypse all over again and vertibird pilots flying through the air in a seating position without a vertibird (all of which I experienced after upgrading my computer until I capped the FPS to 60) I'd say Fallout 4 is probably one of the most fragile games they've got. Behind Skyrim that is.

Seriously, fuck Bethesda's engines.
    Interesting... on my PS4 i never experienced any of that which you described. Most I ever had was the occasional shaky car or blipping settler. Guess that's the perils of PC gaming and multiple component combinations!

- - - Updated - - -

Why would this effect your enjoyment of ES6? It's not required to buy anything, and it would be months before anything came out by definition as nobody would have the mod kit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Why would this effect your enjoyment of ES6? It's not required to buy anything, and it would be months before anything came out by definition as nobody would have the mod kit yet.
    I refuse to support companies that engage in such business practices, even if I don't partake in the transactions. It's not what I want for the future of gaming.

Art by draken4o

7+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to support companies that engage in such business practices, even if I don't partake in the transactions. It's not what I want for the future of gaming.
    It's really not that bad is a business practice. Give the modding community a way to make a living off of something they put a lot of time into and provide extra content to there games. The problem is there needs to be more things like the survival mode and less things like power armour repainted and prices need to go down across the borde. The practice in of it self isn't a bad one they the way there puting it into action is.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    It's really not that bad is a business practice. Give the modding community a way to make a living off of something they put a lot of time into and provide extra content to there games. The problem is there needs to be more things like the survival mode and less things like power armour repainted and prices need to go down across the borde. The practice in of it self isn't a bad one they the way there puting it into action is.
    Still trying to play a lawyer for some nonexisting "suffering underapreciated modders"? Those people didnt make those mods with intent to get paid for it, they did it as a hobby, they didnt quit their fucking jobs for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Since these paid mods are so easy to pirate I decided to give the spell tomes mod a go. It costs 100 bethbucks and... well it's not too bad I guess? You get several tomes and two reskinned vanilla outfits with a red and blue version of the same pattern on them. They also went to the effort of giving the spellbooks a unique model.

Obviously it's utter shite and not worth the price compared to free spell and robe mods, but it's better value than most of the paid mod trash they've put out so far.
    The spells themselves are really generic and underwhelming, though they could prove imbalanced at low levels, didn't bother to test them. The robes are added to your inventory the second you start up the mod, the spellbooks are in a generic vanilla cave in a chest.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Interesting... on my PS4 i never experienced any of that which you described. Most I ever had was the occasional shaky car or blipping settler. Guess that's the perils of PC gaming and multiple component combinations!
    It's a 60+ FPS issue. One Bethesda have had since... Oblivion? I didn't have any Morrowind related FPS issues when I played that back in may. It's just the issue is worse in F4 and Skyrim.

- - - Updated - - -

there needs to be more things like the survival mode.
    Yes, the survival mode that cause many save games to corrupt and is broken as fuck (Can't always disable it after enabling it, sometimes food doesn't reduce hunger) without any way to toggle select features on and off.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-10-04 at 04:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Not only that but they're making certain items cost an odd amount of "points" so that you have to buy multiple packs of their store currency to get one item. For example, making two items themed together (Doom items) cost, together, slightly more than the lowest tier package so you're forced to buy the more expensive one and end up with more points. It's shady and complete bullshit.
    You know Bethesda is not a charity right? They are a business and profit is pretty high up on their priorities the same as any business. There are business's out there that do far worse things than greedy games developers. At least Bethesda aren't profiting from products that kill you slowly like tobacco companies or products designed to kill others like gun companies. Nothing they are doing is shady, shady by definition means questionably legal and everything they are doing is completely legal.

On the subject of their own store currency, I cant think of a game that does not bundle stuff in awkward amounts to force you to buy more, Hot's and LoL are exactly the same, this is not new behaviour invented by Bethesda,

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    Why in the fuck would I pay for a mod from Bethesda when there are free (updated and current for Special Edition) on Nexus???
    Exactly, why would you? You don't have too... I think I see a solution here, just don't buy stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    You know Bethesda is not a charity right? They are a business and profit is pretty high up on their priorities the same as any business.
    Thats fine, we can also tell them to fuck off. Thats the beauty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    On the subject of their own store currency, I cant think of a game that does not bundle stuff in awkward amounts to force you to buy more, Hot's and LoL are exactly the same, this is not new behaviour invented by Bethesda,
    Jesus look at this whataboutism. I dont care that others do it, its still shady.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Still trying to play a lawyer for some nonexisting "suffering underapreciated modders"? Those people didnt make those mods with intent to get paid for it, they did it as a hobby, they didnt quit their fucking jobs for this.
    If you don't think people should get paid for putting in work rather they started wanting to get paid or not good for you I'd rather people who put in a ton of effort to make something great get paid for there work but I'm not a cheep skate so mabye it's just me.

If you don't think people should get paid for putting in work rather they started wanting to get paid or not good for you I'd rather people who put in a ton of effort to make something great get paid for there work but I'm not a cheep skate so mabye it's just me.
    I think they just wont bother making mods for a dead game, because thats what Elder Scrolls game will become without moding community.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Since these paid mods are so easy to pirate I decided to give the spell tomes mod a go. It costs 100 bethbucks and... well it's not too bad I guess? You get several tomes and two reskinned vanilla outfits with a red and blue version of the same pattern on them. They also went to the effort of giving the spellbooks a unique model.

Obviously it's utter shite and not worth the price compared to free spell and robe mods, but it's better value than most of the paid mod trash they've put out so far.
    The spells themselves are really generic and underwhelming, though they could prove imbalanced at low levels, didn't bother to test them. The robes are added to your inventory the second you start up the mod, the spellbooks are in a generic vanilla cave in a chest.

It's a 60+ FPS issue. One Bethesda have had since... Oblivion? I didn't have any Morrowind related FPS issues when I played that back in may. It's just the issue is worse in F4 and Skyrim.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the survival mode that cause many save games to corrupt and is broken as fuck (Can't always disable it after enabling it, sometimes food doesn't reduce hunger) without any way to toggle select features on and off.
    I was thinking game changes things that change how you play the game not saying the quality of the survival mode is good but if there going to release more things they need to be high quaility game changing things not just weapons/armors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I don't know, reading books is my hobby and i don't get paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    You can only really "rebel" with your wallet if you don't agree with a business. I haven't purchased a Ubisoft game in years and will refuse to do so in the future...they could release the best game in the world tomorrow and I'll rather pirate than purchase it.
    You lose any moral high ground when you say you'd rather pirate it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they just wont bother making mods for a dead game, because thats what Elder Scrolls game will become without moding community.
    Other then the millions who bought skyrim not on pc with no hope of modding or rebought it when a PS4/Xbox 1 version came out without modding. People have always played the elder scrolls/fallout games without the hope of modding not sure why people think the series would die with out them.

If you don't want to pay for any thing even if it is high qauility go ahead I know I'm not going to because I think fallout 4 is horrible and I have no plans to play skyrim again. But I do support modding being able to make a living off there hard work and people wanting to buy something if they think it's worth the money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Your not making any thing for other people when your reading book.

10+ Year Old Account

Your not making any thing for other people when your reading book.
    I enrich them with educated conversation. Lets face it, people used to do their hobbies for fun and shared them because it made them feel validated. Nowadays....support me on patreon !!!!!!!! Come on guys drop that sweet cash on my patreon i beg of you !

7+ Year Old Account
    I enrich them with educated conversation. Lets face it, people used to do their hobbies for fun and shared them because it made them feel validated. Nowadays....support me on patreon !!!!!!!! Come on guys drop that sweet cash on my patreon i beg of you !
    I don't know about you but I don't know a lot of wood sculpture's or custom made jewellery makers who gave away there work for free. Any thing else is not comparable you reading a book is not the same as some one making something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you but I don't know a lot of wood sculpture's or custom made jewellery makers who gave away there work for free. Any thing else is not comparable you reading a book is not the same as some one making something.
    But thats their job not hobby. Even if its just a side job.

7+ Year Old Account
    But thats their job not hobby. Even if its just a side job.
    Ya that's not how hobbys work I know wood scultures who do it as a hobbie and might sell one if they feel like it that doesn't make it a job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats fine, we can also tell them to fuck off. Thats the beauty of it.
    That is the beauty of it, you are right, you can tell them to fuck off, so whats the problem?

Jesus look at this whataboutism. I dont care that others do it, its still shady.
    I'm not sure you understand what the word shady means...

- - - Updated - - -

But proof readers do.