Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Who is your daddy and what does he do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    What?
    Where do you see a missing warlord in this picture? It's just Durotan's Belt and his axe.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...storylines_in/

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    What?
    Where do you see a missing warlord in this picture? It's just Durotan's Belt and his axe.
    It's a reddit meme. A poster made a post on reddit asking who that midget warlord with the axe was despite it being Durotan's belt.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Will we ever find out the identity of the "missing warlord" from Warlords of Draenor? Could it be a plot device for the future and see a return to AU Draenor?

That's a belt, and the axe is just a floating weapon cuz this game has floating sheathed weapons.

Will there be a more expansive talent tree in the future or are we stuck with this talent shrub?

Gonna put on my fake blizzard employee costume and answer the best I can cuz I know you guys can't wait to get answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Creating a megathread to compile your questions for the Dev Q&A this Thursday.

I'll start with a few pretty controversial questions that people have been asking lately, please feel free to add your questions, and i will update the post as more questions come in. Also, don't ask stupid ass trolly questions, please be legitimate with what you ask, or I won't add it to the list.

1) Why is the daze mechanic still in the game, why not just remove it? Whats the point of having a LW item to remove it?
    You dealth with it for 13 years, keep at it champ!
    2) How will flying work in the next expansion? F/U -> If pathfinder is the way, when can we expect to be able to complete it and start flying?
    Whatever we do, a group of people will cry about it.
    3) Will there be new races in the next expansion?
    Nope.
    4) Will there be a better focus on PvP? Ie more battle grounds, arenas, pvp centric activities?
    We're up to our necks in balancing attempts that never work, no time to work on actual pvp content.
    5) What's the point of LFR when we have the group finder tool now?
    LFR is to force people to play with naked people instead of denying them cuz of ilvl like in group finder.
    6) Why have we only seen Sylvanis at the beginning of the expansion, and in one quest line in Stormheim and shes no where to be found now?
    Who's Silvanis again?
    7) Why was the decision made not to allow flying in Argus?
    More time spent dazed = more time playing the game = more monies.
    8) Will WoW ever have any other types of travel options? (boats, scooters, plainstriding, teleport hubs like argus, etc)
    The right time to announce our brand new space shuttle feature!
    9) Will the Lich King ever return?
    There's always a Lich King.
    10) Will we go back to having the raid in the main patch rather than the .5 patch? (submitted by @Eleccybubb)
    That would be the right thing to do. So we won't do that.
    11) Will we keep Titanforging going into the next expansion? (submitted by @Eleccybubb)
    Not only is it still there, but we now have Primal Titanforging, which is the exact same shit with more stats and we didn't take the idea from the D3 team.
    12) If we are not going to be keeping our artifact weapons, what will happen to them?
    You lose them in order to survive an attack from a new enemy in the intro to the next xpa--- OH SHI- I MEANT TO SAY SPOILER ALERT! SORRY GUYS.
    13) Do you envision doing something similar with weapons in the next expansion? Can we please go back to finding weapons on bosses and from quest rewards?
    Oh you'll love the new Artifukt weapons, dildos for everyone.
    14) When is the necromancer coming? (submitted by @skannerz22)
    That's a bit necrophiliac, isn't it?
    15) When are we going to get a clear answer on Legacy, yes or no? (submitted by @Gehco)
    I think I left the stove on, brb!
    16 Are you guys planning on increasing the amount of Veiled Argunite that Argus rares/invasion points drop as the expansion goes on, or do you think it's in a good place right now? (submitted by @digichi)
    Depends on how many people cry about it, we don't really know how to design we just go with the tears.
    17) Would you say that the Legendary system has been successful this expansion from your point of view? (submitted by @Rassman)
    It kept a lot of people in the game hunting for the legendaries they never got in a respectable amount of time, therefore generating a lot of money, it was a great success.
    18) Do you think there will be a stat squish again in the future? If so could we go back to Wrath levels? (submitted by @Rassman)
    It's just numbers, anyways our entire progression system is fucked at this point we'll be forced to stats squish every 3 xpacks, new characters are gonna hit for negative dmg.
    19) Are sub-races still something the team would like to do in the future? (submitted by @Rassman)
    That's a lot of work for something that brings absolutely nothing to the game.
    20) Will we ever find out the identity of the "missing warlord" from Warlords of Draenor? Could it be a plot device for the future and see a return to AU Draenor? (submitted by @SHUMEGGAH)
    That's just a belt.
    21) When will Danath start rebulding Stormgarde? (submitted by @Jorah)
    Who's Danath and what's a Stormgarde?
    22) Will there ever be a ranged class added? (submitted by @Zulazibah)
    Nah but we plan on removing more instant cast and pause dots while the caster is moving to make sure everyone hates playing range.
    23) Will Ethereal ever be playable as a race? (submitted by @Zulazibah)
    Nope, too much work with the gearing system.
    24) Will CC ever come back to 5 man dungeons at the least? (submitted by @Zulazibah)
    Nope and we're giving tanks even more AoE to break all remaining possibilities of CC.
    25) What is your stand on Stat/Talent customization? (submitted by @Shadowpunkz)
    Go play a real RPG if that's what you want. WoW is about turning your brain off and binge watching series on Netflix while doing WQs. At least that's what we do here at Blizzard, did you watch the Amy Schumer special? Omg it's hilarious right!
    26) Will PvP mounts and other character-only vanity items be made account-wide, just like their PvE counterparts are? (submitted by @TheWorkingTitle)
    I dunno man why you lookin at me like that?
    27) When will blink finally be fixed? (submitted by @TheWorkingTitle)
    Never, instead we made a program that turns on your webcam and takes a picture of your face every time it fails. Then we print it and put it on a giant wall in your office.
    28) Will any pruned abilities or RPG aspects be making a comeback? (submitted by @TheWorkingTitle)
    Yes we are bringing back the ability to miss attacks, but we're not bringing back hit rating. RPG enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    when is the necromancer coming
    Introduced in 3.0.3 disguised as DK.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Are there plans for the lore and quest team to elaborate more on future major plot points? A lot of the events of Argus just felt rushed and brushed over with no reactions from the NPC's (The ship turning gold) or explanation for us, the players (like Vareesa.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Would you say that the Legendary system has been successful this expansion from your point of view?

Do you think there will be a stat squish again in the future? If so could we go back to Wrath levels?

Are sub-races still something the team would like to do in the future?
    Just letting you know now since I'm sure they won't address a question about it yet: We ARE getting a stat squish again next expansion. They mentioned it in some of the gamescom stuff. Namely, they learned a lot last time and it'll be a lot smoother this time, as well as ilvl will be normalized and squished alongside it this time.

Namely, how ilvl goes from .0654 stats per ilvl to 57.89 or whatever it's at now. They want ilvl itself to mean a flat amount and be easily understood. ilvl 1-10 should be 1 stat per ilvl, and ilvl 800-810 should be 1 stat per ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they considered adding unreleased past-expansion content via Timewalking? Like the Azjol Nerub or the Gundrak raid or the Water raid from Cata!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Just letting you know now since I'm sure they won't address a question about it yet: We ARE getting a stat squish again next expansion. They mentioned it in some of the gamescom stuff. Namely, they learned a lot last time and it'll be a lot smoother this time, as well as ilvl will be normalized and squished alongside it this time.

Namely, how ilvl goes from .0654 stats per ilvl to 57.89 or whatever it's at now. They want ilvl itself to mean a flat amount and be easily understood. ilvl 1-10 should be 1 stat per ilvl, and ilvl 800-810 should be 1 stat per ilvl.
    Yeah its almost a certainty that we will be getting a stat squish in the next expansion. Quite frankly, im tired of seeing millions of numbers on the screen, i think dps in the range of TBC numbers was best. 10k shadowbolt felt amazing because most classes were only critting for 3-6k on average. Warlocks very rarely hit the 10k shadowbolt mark when the stars aligned with trinkets and cds.

Will there be any server merges? [Game Systems / Quality of Life Questions]

7+ Year Old Account
    Can we expect to see revamped worgen player models during the next expansion?
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post

I figured we would be and I completely agree with your comment about ilvl. Its insanely out of hand right now and I hope our numbers don't get insanely inflated again.

When Antorus,The Burning Throne will be released ?

Deleted
    • Why didn't all our friends from Draenor come to help us fight against the Legion? The two Garonas together could have done a lot of damage. (Lore)
    • Now that she wields void powers along with her bow is there any significant difference between Alleria and Dark Rangers beside her not being dead? (lore)
    • Will Pandaren ever get a proper district racial leader or capital? In fact they don't even seem to have major cities on Pandaria (class/race)
    • Will class trainers ever get something to do? Quests for gear, iconic abilities or class related lore? (Game System/QoL)
    • Is it really going to be an expansion? (New Expansion)
    • Is there any feature or function one of the other big MMOs (FFXIV, GW2, TESO, SWTOR) has that wow doesn't or does differently that you enjoy and/or want to implement in wow? (Game system/QoL)
    • We know N'Zoth is very much alive and Y'Shaarj is so dead only chunks of him exist. But how dead are the other two Old Gods? (Lore)
    • Did Sylvannas do anything interesting in her capacity as Warchief beside her involvment at Stormheim? (Lore)
    • There are lots of discussions within the fandom regarding the strength of lore characters relative to each other. It's usually Arthas VS somebody. If we assume 1 on 1 duels can we get a ranking for Illidan, Arthas as Lich King, Alternate Gul'dan, Jaina, Khadgar, Azshara, Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden, Sargeras, One of the Old Gods, A Void Lord? Just to end these kinds of debates. (lore)
    • Was the Queen Azshara we encountered in Darkshore during Cataclysm the real Queen Azshara a vision or a random sea witch the true Azshara was controlling(my personal head canon)? (lore)
    • What does Marcellus Walace look like? (General)

(Expansion) Are we getting playable ogres in the upcoming expansion?
    (Expansion) Are we going to Kul Tiras in the upcoming expansion?
    (Game) Why are we getting StarCraft and Diablo elements in a medieval, fantasy game that's based upon Germanic/Tolkien lore?
    (Game) Any plans to carry over/revamp the legendary and/or artifact system?
    (Class) When are we getting playable Tinkers?
    (Class Combination) Any plans to revamp the available classes, i.e. remove some of the craptastic additions to the game - such as Draenei death knights, undead monks, etc?

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Will we ever find out the identity of the "missing warlord" from Warlords of Draenor? Could it be a plot device for the future and see a return to AU Draenor?

But, it's clearly tied to his belt.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question: Shall professions ever make a comeback?

[General] How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?