Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Homeless man Aaron Barley jailed for life for brutal knife murders

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-10-04/h...urbridge-home/

A homeless man who knifed to death a mother and her son in an unexplained frenzied attack on a family who had shown him charity has been jailed for life.

Aaron Barley, 23, was sentenced to a minimum of 30 years after admitting the brutal killings of Tracey Wilkinson and 13-year-old Pierce in the house in which he had spent Christmas with the family just three months earlier.

Barley, dressed in black and armed with a kitchen knife, had hidden overnight outside the home in Stourbridge, West Midlands on March 30.

He had waited for Mrs Wilkinson's husband, Peter, to leave with his dogs for their morning walk before creeping in and heading for the couple's bedroom.

He stabbed Mrs Wilkinson in her bed 17 times and knifed Pierce eight times.

Barley then turned on Peter, after he returned from dog walking, stabbing him in the shoulder and abdomen before leaving him for dead.

Mr Wilkinson survived the attack, waking up to learn that his son had died, having already known his wife had been killed.

Mrs Wilkinson had helped drug-user Barley with food, clothes and accommodation after seeing him sleeping rough outside her local supermarket.

Mr Wilkinson helped him get a job at the company he runs and had shared a curry with him just three weeks before the attack.

He told ITV News: "We never anticipated that this would ever happen from such huge acts of kindness, that somebody would come along and take lives. It’s impossible to comprehend."

Barley was sentenced by a High Court judge at Birmingham Crown Court.

Mr Wilkinson and his daughter, Lydia, still do not know why he turned on them.
    A story made more horrendous by the fact that the victims actually helped the murderer get off the streets

Scumbag. Hope he gets it in prison, and I mean *all* of it.

Deleted
    So what? The story itself is your problem? Would you hate me to completely liberate Aaron? I didn't know him, this case is useless and not interesting. But your thread enables me to tell you Aaron did nothing wrong!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    So what? The story itself is your problem? Would you hate me to completely liberate Aaron? I didn't know him, this case is useless and not interesting. But your thread enables me to tell you Aaron did nothing wrong!
    ZZZ

The dark corner is over there > adults are talking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    ZZZ

The dark corner is over there > adults are talking
    "uhh you are gay"

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-10-04 at 07:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's kinda sucks, what's the homeless situation in the area are there a lot? Or for a given reason?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    "uhh you are gay"
    Wauw, the amount of contribution from your side. (Reported)
    Ot: this is disgusting, I really can't grasp he's motives, maybe he was jealous or was not satisfied with the"to little" amount of help he was given in he's opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Wauw, the amount of contribution from your side. (Reported)
    Ot: this is disgusting, I really can't grasp he's motives, maybe he was jealous or was not satisfied with the"to little" amount of help he was given in he's opinion.
    I suspect mental illness or drug related but he apparently showed no remorse so perhaps just a psycopath

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I suspect mental illness or drug related but he apparently showed no remorse so perhaps just a psycopath
    That's what I'm wondering I know years back here they closed all the mental asylums under a "equal living act" or something of the sort and a lot of people who mentill illness and no one to take them in got kicked to the street and ended up homeless.

I'm personally all for forgiving felons, murderers, pedophiles. I feel that people make mistakes, have problems and deserve second chances after adequate rehabilitation. However this story has shaken my belief foundation and instead fills me with anger and the desire for this person to be tortured. Is this how people who hate pedophiles feel? To me this is taking advantage of a persons genuine kindness, one of the truest forms of humanity in this world. It's just not right.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

feel free to help the homeless.. don't let them into your home(they tend to not be the most stable of citizens).

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    I'm personally all for forgiving felons, murderers, pedophiles. I feel that people make mistakes, have problems and deserve second chances after adequate rehabilitation. However this story has shaken my belief foundation and instead fills me with anger and the desire for this person to be tortured. Is this how people who hate pedophiles feel? To me this is taking advantage of a persons genuine kindness, one of the truest forms of humanity in this world. It's just not right.
    I'd have such people permanently removed from the living... but that's just me.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.itv.com/news/2017-10-04/h...urbridge-home/

A story made more horrendous by the fact that the victims actually helped the murderer get off the streets
    Mental illness is a huge problem - and will be the largest "rogue" factor in crimes for a number of decades going forward. It's sad and difficult to prevent, even with good healthcare systems in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I know the rationale you are making, but not all homeless are drug addicts, crazies or people with severe psychological illness. Sadly, some are just people who have had a run of bad luck, and ended up in a shit situation.
    Just a tragic thing all round I think.
    You're right. Most of them are alcoholics that leads to them being all of the bad things as their minds deteriorate from uncontrolled alcohol abuse.

The "saint"-type homeless are few and far between. Assume they're mentally ill, treat them as such, and never give them an inch, because they will take the entire fucking world from you.

I literally live right across the street from a homeless shelter and have for over a decade. I've seen the depths of those people through thousands of interactions. 3 of those interactions were with some legit, down on their luck, having a shitty time, decent people and I rightfully helped them with what I could. The rest, the 99.9%, are homeless shitbag scum and they are that way for very obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I know the rationale you are making, but not all homeless are drug addicts, crazies or people with severe psychological illness. Sadly, some are just people who have had a run of bad luck, and ended up in a shit situation.
    Just a tragic thing all round I think.
    that's why you should take precautions like involving professionals if you want to help em out.. for yours and their sake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    If you''re homeless then getting yourself locked up in prison for a lifetime is a pretty good deal, considering they'll feed and shelter you.
    yea if you ignore that whole lack of freedom or constant threat of violence element.

No good deed goes unpunished I suppose.

Better to just ignore peoples suffering and carry on with your day to day.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Dude sounds like the player character in a Bethesda game. No quick saves this time, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

He is already homeless to him perhaps prison for life was an improvement to his situation. Atleast he gets a bed and 3 square meals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    He is already homeless to him perhaps prison for life was an improvement to his situation. Atleast he gets a bed and 3 square meals.
    Homeless life in the UK isn't that dire.... Especially compared to a 30 year sentence as a child and woman killer