Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Loved my orcs, but orc mage was always one that struck me being odd, even moreso than tauren paladins and priests.

I will only accept Gnome Warriors as a legitimate race/class combo if they give them a -50% strength penalty.

gnome/goblin/undead tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/An%27she

Hence why we have Tauren Priests and Paladins.
    Afterthought additions to explain mismatched class combos. They still don't make much sense considering how Tauren culture is structured. Their faith the sun should be directed by their spiritual leaders, the shamans and druids. The sun is already a theme within the Druid class, which the lore of the Seers and Sunwalkers explicitly draw from. They literally tacked these classes on and fudged the lore to make room for them.

Night Elf Mage is the other that I think was a mistake. Of all class combos, why choose ones that have direct lore conflict? Bringing back the Highborne wasn't even interesting, considering they've contributed nothing to lore since their induction in Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-10-04 at 08:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You don't know what tails are for?
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way for the tauren race.

Yes, gnomes are smaller than Taurens. They are supposed to be stronger than their frames show though. But really... this is not reality and your point only holds if they both just stood in front of each other and swinged without moving. Therefore this will lead us nowhere.
    No. Even moving, the gnome would have a lot of trouble fighting the tauren. Most of the time it'll end with a stalemate. If the gnome hit the tauren, at best, his blade would cut the tauren's flesh, leaving him exposed to a counter-attack, while at worst his blade ends up stuck in the armor, leaving the gnome unarmed. Whereas a hit from the tauren would likely cleave off any limb the blade hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I will only accept Gnome Warriors as a legitimate race/class combo if they give them a -50% strength penalty.
    Sure, if Taurens move and swing at 50% the speed. If we go realistic we should go both ways eh? :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way for the tauren race.

No. Even moving, the gnome would have a lot of trouble fighting the tauren. Most of the time it'll end with a stalemate. If the gnome hit the tauren, at best, his blade would cut the tauren's flesh, leaving him exposed to a counter-attack, while at worst his blade ends up stuck in the armor, leaving the gnome unarmed. Whereas a hit from the tauren would likely cleave off any limb the blade hit.
    Yes, for that to happen, the tauren would have to hit him. And with that big sword its difficult to make precise cuts. The gnome can cut the tail and have him bleed to death or go in for the throat after that. So, yes IF it hit, it would obviously do more damage than the gnome, but the gnomes could more easily exploit the lack of nimbleness of the tauren to get several slashes in key places.

This whole debate is pointless. It's like the sword vs the shield. It's not the clear cut result you want it to be. There is nothing wrong with gnome warriors because the game does not reflect reality. If it did advantages and disavantages would be introduced to the several races on how they move, react and how much damage they do. That game is simply not WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-10-04 at 11:22 PM.

Yes, for that to happen, the tauren would have to hit him. And with that big sword its difficult to make precise cuts.
    We're not talking "precision cuts", here. Even if the tauren's sword hit the side of the gnome's plated torso, the metal would bend in and crush a few ribs.

The gnome can cut the tail and have him bleed to death or go in for the throat after that. So, yes IF it hit, it would obviously do more damage than the gnome, but the gnomes could more easily exploit the lack of nimbleness of the tauren to get several slashes in key places.
    Assuming the gnome can hit the tail to begin with. Because the tauren is not going to let the gnome go behind his back. You're acting as if the tauren moves as if he was trudging through molasses in comparison to the gnome, and that's not true. The tauren may indeed be slower than the gnome, but they're not that much slower that the gnome can 'dance around him'.

There is nothing wrong with gnome warriors because the game does not reflect reality.
    Game-wise, there's nothing wrong. Lore-wise, the problem is everything I've mentioned before. You keep denying the idea that gnomes are severely handicapped against tauren (and taller races in general) due to their diminutive size and lack of strength and resilience, in a warrior-vs-warrior fight, since the gnome has almost everything stacked against them, and what little advantage they have is dampened by the weight of their armor.

Tauren Paladins are a joke !

Quote Originally Posted by Ravlon View Post
    I take we only mention the existing ones?
    Goblin Shaman for sure.
    Definitely, being the tech race of the Horde, doesn't make much sense.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Yeah you don't know what the fuck you're talking about...

Worgen Death Knights, definitely.
    OMG a Aggra Dwarf Shammy for sure....

Deleted
    We're not talking "precision cuts", here. Even if the tauren's sword hit the side of the gnome's plated torso, the metal would bend in and crush a few ribs.

Assuming the gnome can hit the tail to begin with. Because the tauren is not going to let the gnome go behind his back. You're acting as if the tauren moves as if he was trudging through molasses in comparison to the gnome, and that's not true. The tauren may indeed be slower than the gnome, but they're not that much slower that the gnome can 'dance around him'.

Game-wise, there's nothing wrong. Lore-wise, the problem is everything I've mentioned before. You keep denying the idea that gnomes are severely handicapped against tauren (and taller races in general) due to their diminutive size and lack of strength and resilience, in a warrior-vs-warrior fight, since the gnome has almost everything stacked against them, and what little advantage they have is dampened by the weight of their armor.
    You overestimate tauren abilities and assume their tails aren't related to balance, which they all are. Can't get more biased than that.
    As I said, if both targets stood still, the tauren could put more weight in the slash. Would it be strong enough to crush a gnome? Again something you are assuming but don't really know.

The end result is that your basis for saying the tauren would win the fight is flawed and therefore it's not a conclusion you can really make.

If the bigger guy was always guaranteed to win in every contact situation, no sports would be worth watching. It's simply not the way it works, especially with fantasy races.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-10-05 at 08:27 AM.

You overestimate tauren abilities and assume their tails aren't related to balance, which they all are. Can't get more biased than that.
    As I said, if both targets stood still, the tauren could put more weight in the slash. Would it be strong enough to crush a gnome? Again something you are assuming but don't really know.

The end result is that your basis for saying the tauren would win the fight is flawed and therefore it's not a conclusion you can really make.

If the bigger guy was always guaranteed to win in every contact situation, no sports would be worth watching. It's simply not the way it works, especially with fantasy races.
    This discussion really is ridiculous.

The small tail of the Tauren will probably not affect their balance. Why would a light, tiny part of their bodies affect them this much?
    The tauren wields weapons probably twice as heavy as a gnome. A single swing would "realistically" destroy the gnome. It doesn't matter if the gnome is in full plate or even has a shield. A gnome might have quick strikes, but they have no reach, so where would they be striking? Unless the tauren forgot to put on his boots that morning, he could probably just stand there and take a barrage of gnome attacks, and not be affected. Also, hide is not paper, it's tough on its own. The only way for a gnome "warrior" to win a fight is if he's equipped with a long spear, doing hard precision strikes against a a tauren that doesn't wear armor, and is too exhausted or injured from other fights to fight back.

If I was a gnome and this was "realistic" warcraft, I would focus on learning magic, since my tiny body isn't exactly made for physical conflict.

Also, there is a reason we have weight classes in combat sports. The bigger guy has the advantage. And that's just within the same race. Think about having an MMA fight with a bear. You're gonna lose.
    Last edited by tankbug; 2017-10-05 at 09:01 AM.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Fantasy or not but its have its own rules based on lore. Indeed its Top kek when game stop following it for sake of gameplay and fanservice.
    Please explain in deep detail why they can't exist.

You will soon find yourself falling over something like "just because".

Almost all classes are trained from birth. You may have a natural affinity to something like nature but there is absolutely no reason a gnome couldn't be a Paladin if they can be a priest.

A human shaman is definitely possibly in wow under the right circumstances. All the lore is written around classes existing, not the other way around. Human surrounds and spends all his time with Shamanistic tribe - they could be trained in shamanism.

You can literally apply this to anything in game in some form.

edit:

Its the same dumbass comments saying that the game is running out of lore and will end soon. You're own limited narrative to fantasy laws and rules are naive.

- - - Updated - - -

Also quoting physical attributes versus size.

Every seen how fast a bee can fly? or a how relatively strong a spider is for its size?

Stop being retarded.
    Last edited by Chemii; 2017-10-05 at 09:21 AM.

Almost all classes are trained from birth. You may have a natural affinity to something like nature but there is absolutely no reason a gnome couldn't be a Paladin if they can be a priest.
    Gnomes are science race while paladin/priest are mans of faith. Gnome being able to be priest is go against their science life style. IIRC Gnomes couldn't be priests in Vanilla but i may be wrong.

A human shaman is definitely possibly in wow under the right circumstances. All the lore is written around classes existing, not the other way around. Human surrounds and spends all his time with Shamanistic tribe - they could be trained in shamanism.
    First giving human Horde specific class is would be very biased move from Blizzard (did you saw Orcs paladins?). Second humans yes were tribes and Arathi Highlands (homeland of first Human kingdom) do have four different Stonehenge for each type of elements. But there zero info what they worshiped elements. While they had faith in Tyr (Light - Priests).

Also quoting physical attributes versus size.

Every seen how fast a bee can fly? or a how relatively strong a spider is for its size?
    For its size exactly. Tell it gnomes warriors who crush big Taurens and Orcs...

Stop being retarded.
    Its question who exactly retarded - you or me? And learn some lore. Your all reasoning is You can literally apply this to anything in game in some form. Zero facts and tons of headcanon.

This rich. First you call me out for "assuming"... then in the very same line you go and do the exact same thing you accused me of doing.

The blade likely weights just as much, if not more so, than the gnome. You do the math. It's not rocket science.

I don't think I ever said that the tauren winning that fight against a gnome would be a fact (as in, happen 100% of the time). I only said it would be the most likely scenario, thanks to all the advantages the race has.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    OMG a Aggra Dwarf Shammy for sure....
    Wildhammer Dwarves would like to have a talk with you, using their storm hammers.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    It's not racism. A gnome's two-handed sword is a tauren's skinning knife. A tauren's War Stomp, in a realistic scenario, wouldn't stun a gnome warrior: it would turn him into canned paste. People joke about 'punting gnomes', but that would actually be how a non-dwarf character would deal with those lawn ornaments.

To rub salt in that wound, when BEs were introduced, they couldn't be warriors "because they had 'frail builds'." Like gnomes were any better.
    I thought it was because warriors didn’t use magic? Considering an angry magister picked up a dwarf by the throat they are magically strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Any race and class combination that came after what we had in Vanilla is a mistake.
    I completely agree.

That was the only time they took racial lore heavily into consideration when deciding which class will be available to which race.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Yes, relatively speaking the armor makes no difference. Wich is why the Tauren is still heavier and slower than the gnome.
    So, it's an hypothetical battle of a slow powerful hitter versus a fast less powerful hitter. Who wins? It's a toss up. Either way, that kind of combat doesn't exist in WoW. Could be cool if it did, but it doesn't. So, parity it is.
    A common misconception people seem to repeat is that just because you are smaller you would be more agile than someone who is bigger than you. Tauren even when ancient can keep up with an orc, who in turn can keep up with humans. An actual race with an advantage in agility are night elves and blood elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I thought it was because warriors didn’t use magic? Considering an angry magister picked up a dwarf by the throat they are magically strong.
    On that same token, that would also rule out rogues and technically hunters for blood elves, yet those have always been a class option for BEs. I can't find any sources to confirm this, but the reason given (as far as I can recall) was that blood elves have 'frail constitution'. It stuck in my mind since then because, from the get-go, I found that to be an asinine reason because we had gnome warriors.