Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Depends how short the fight is. The Rogue auto-crit stealth legendary can easily give you way more than a 10% increase on a short enough fight.
    That's the thing with parses, a lot of it depends on how high your raid dps is as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I mean, yeah, you can be "viable," but it still isn't fun to have your performance hindered by leggos you don't have. Moreover, the more people who have BiS leggos in your raid, the higher damage is going to be. More damage, boss dies faster, fight is cleaner, mechanics mean less = easy money.

It's not all about brute forcing bosses with gear anymore with middling guilds, they now have to have the gear and strong leggos to truly notice a difference in boss kills, which, imo, is a flaw in the leggo system.
    Performance hindered?
    If the boss dies, what's the issue? Because you aren't geared enough to participate in the wcl metagame? Logs past progression have always been about lucky crit rolls/trinket procs.

I am pretty sure this is only so you can change loot spec before getting legendary and not anything about RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    That's the thing with parses, a lot of it depends on how high your raid dps is as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Performance hindered?
    If the boss dies, what's the issue? Because you aren't geared enough to participate in the wcl metagame? Logs past progression have always been about lucky crit rolls/trinket procs.
    Logs are a big motivator for people raiding, even if it's just all about the "ego" for some players. Players like to compete, and logs give them a way to do that. A player who tries really hard will not have the results he or she desires because of leggos, thus causing frustration. Plus, logs mean more for people who pug, and stronger logs is better for the team as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    If you play the game like a loser yes.

Some of us have lives.

Mindlessly grinding 12+ month old content on 4 different difficulties sounds REALLY fun. Fuck doing the current content and being rewarded hey?
    As I said, for those who 'have lives' you can just show up to raid [referencing the current raid tier, not over and above additional legendary BLP content] and pick up 1 every 2 weeks, there's just options to speed up the process if someones wanting one even faster.
    This topic has been beaten to death and some, the state of acquiring legendaries let alone the balance of some is beyond vastly different to the state it was during EN/TOV.

I suppose theyll go full ass catch up in the raid patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    I am pretty sure this is only so you can change loot spec before getting legendary and not anything about RNG.
    Dont .... don't do this... I need dreams to live by

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Logs are a big motivator for people raiding, even if it's just all about the "ego" for some players. Players like to compete, and logs give them a way to do that. A player who tries really hard will not have the results he or she desires because of leggos, thus causing frustration. Plus, logs mean more for people who pug, and stronger logs is better for the team as a whole.
    Yeah but... the same people who have been parsing since the parsing meta started are the people parsing now. I.e, people who (generally) play one spec and have a high time invested in 1 toon. If by now, you don't have all your legendaries for your main spec, you def aren't someone that's ever going to be in the parse meta.

So you have people being frustrated for nothing. Pointless.

More crazy to me is that we're entering item level 1000 this expansion, at least on whatever that stuff is, and not next expansion.

Crazy. We're hitting item level 1000!

Wonder if they'll ever do an item level squish (That'd be stupid)

If you play the game like a loser yes.

Some of us have lives.

Mindlessly grinding 12+ month old content on 4 different difficulties sounds REALLY fun. Fuck doing the current content and being rewarded hey?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't reply to kary. Just put him on ignore. He'll defend anything Blizz throws out.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't targetted at all. It's still completely RNG which one you get.
    Well its good for you, that you know that. But there seriously people out there that think this is going to allow them to get what they when they want it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    More crazy to me is that we're entering item level 1000 this expansion, at least on whatever that stuff is, and not next expansion.

Crazy. We're hitting item level 1000!

Wonder if they'll ever do an item level squish (That'd be stupid)
    Or find a completely new system to negate the whole item level. almost on par with vanilla tier'ing system which was still technically an item level thing, but what was more gauged on tier you were raiding which made sense. kinda, "oh i have a t2/tf rogue" "report! he bought that!".
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Cleared Normal then Heroic ToS every week until we killed H KJ, then we all quit.

Over the course of those 6ish weeks I acquired 1 legendary. Because I have better things to do than clear The Emerald Nightmare on 4 different difficulties.
    Why would u need to do Emerald Nightmare on 4 difficulties? Nothing in Yunaqt post says that they did anything but show up for the current raid. And to be honest you dont have to do anything but the current raid to get a legendary every 2 weeks. Thats more than what i do on my priest alt and on average get one in that time frame by just doing emissaries and 1 mythic plus each week and maybe if i really feel like pugging ToS i might do a few bosses on it.

Hell i even re-rolled at the end of Nighthold and ended up with all my legendaries for my spec on that toon and never did i once make sure i full cleared every possible raid on every difficulty to achieve that fact. In fact most of the legendaries i have gotten across my toons have mostly been from emissaries only a few have been from actual raids(I dont have the exact numbers anymore for how many from each source but i used to keep track and it was around a ratio of 4: 1 legendaries from emissaries compared to raids, even mythic + were higher at around 2:1 ratio.

I'm just happy that blizzard doesn't design itemizations on "feelcraft". This fire mage thing is perfect example of this. Btw if you go with feelcraft the belt feels alot more bigger dps upgrade comparing to the bracers since you will be shooting insta pyros all the time. The bracer have still rng involved in them and you can go from first combustion to second without getting a proc. High movements fights, you dont have time to stand to cast that pyro. The bracers are rng on top of rng. This is also the reason the bracers actually sim so high, players run simcraft on patchwerk type of fights were you dont have to move at all and you can use every proc of the bracers.

That's YOUR experience. It's all RNG.

As I have said. MY experience doesn't match yours does it?

I raided N + H ToS for 6 weeks. In that time I did the odd emissary and Myth+. Not many because they're hella boring now.

I received 1 legendary over that timeframe, dropped in ToS. It was Prydaz. My 6th legendary of the whole expansion. Not the ring, which is mandatory.
    I fail to comprehend how you only have 6 legendaries throughout the course of the expansion to date without playing very casually, in which case a legendary would 100% not be mandatory. What would it be mandatory for? there's no significant dps checks in heroic that warrant min maxing to attain a minor increase through 1 legendary, you're going to find more dps in just general character progression.

It wouldn't be to parse, as there would be far too much room in ilvl gearing, play(potentially, assuming there's room to improve) and kill speeds/padding of these bosses which each one of those points is significantly more effective.

My Druid has 17, my alt pally has 7 I only clear ToS each week, less so on the pally and doing my +10 for the week.

I raided N + H ToS for 6 weeks. In that time I did the odd emissary and Myth+. Not many because they're hella boring now.

I received 1 legendary over that timeframe, dropped in ToS. It was Prydaz. My 6th legendary of the whole expansion. Not the ring, which is mandatory.
    I mean compare to a lot of people i probably have a larger sample size (60 account wide) and most of my toons never have steped into a raid. And the NUMBER 1 source was emissaries. SO by looking at what you just said you did you were not doing the content that gives you the highest chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    I fail to comprehend how you only have 6 legendaries throughout the course of the expansion to date without playing very casually, in which case a legendary would 100% not be mandatory. What would it be mandatory for? there's no significant dps checks in heroic that warrant min maxing to attain a minor increase through 1 legendary, you're going to find more dps in just general character progression.

It wouldn't be to parse, as there would be far too much room in ilvl gearing, play(potentially, assuming there's room to improve) and kill speeds/padding of these bosses which each one of those points is significantly more effective.

My Druid has 17, my alt pally has 7 I only clear ToS each week, less so on the pally and doing my +10 for the week.
    Its probably because he chooses to not do anything besides raiding when legendaries tend to not come from just raiding by itself

That's because the other content is garbage repetitive WQs that are the same ones that have been around for 12+ months.

I was also doing legionfall turn-ins etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if you have friends. But I do.

We like to compete on damage meters. It's fun. We're fairly casual so Heroic is as far as we go.

I can't compete with my Legendaries.

Besides the fact that I have stated 5 times already in this thread. Its not even about the damage. They unlock certain playstyles. They fix fundamental design flaws that Blizzard refuses to fix at a base level - they'd rather have it baked into a Legendary.
    Some times u have to do something u dont like to get something u want? I mean in the time it took for u to respond to my last post and this post Ive complete 1 emissary. Also since i know u mained a DH why not try a spec that doesnt really care about legendaries at all? or one that all legendaries are similar to each other in output

We like to compete on damage meters. It's fun. We're fairly casual so Heroic is as far as we go.

Besides the fact that I have stated 5 times already in this thread. Its not even about the damage. They unlock certain playstyles. They fix fundamental design flaws that Blizzard refuses to fix at a base level - they'd rather have it baked into a Legendary.
    Surprised you do with the quips you enjoy opening your replies with, could stand to lose them they're unwarrented.

What? So it is about damage, in which my point still stands unless you're an actual fraction behind better play and general ilvl increases are going to net more damage, and even then actually those points still stand.

Clearly this has gone stale as you don't agree in the slightest so will call it a day.

How is that your response?

This is a game, its supposed to be fun. Gone are the days of fun and engaging content? Just suck it up?

Your other solution is to re-roll because Havoc legendaries fix fundamental design flaws. Another great solution! I'll just play a class I don't enjoy, one that isn't reliant on Legendaries? Hilarious.
    How is this different from farming mats in past expansions? Or hell farming lfr/ Bgs just so you could get a legendary in MoP? And the second solution i suggested was exactly what i did at the end of Nighthold. I went from being a unholy dk at the time who needed the bracers to a survival hunter where legendaries dont even matter and to a spec that i happen to enjoy a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    How is this different from farming mats in past expansions? Or hell farming lfr/ Bgs just so you could get a legendary in MoP? And the second solution i suggested was exactly what i did at the end of Nighthold. I went from being a unholy dk at the time who needed the bracers to a survival hunter where legendaries dont even matter and to a spec that i happen to enjoy a lot more.
    doesn't fit his narrative

I received 1 legendary over that timeframe, dropped in ToS. It was Prydaz. My 6th legendary of the whole expansion. Not the ring, which is mandatory

That's because the other content is garbage repetitive WQs that are the same ones that have been around for 12+ months.

I was also doing legionfall turn-ins etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Now all your negative post to the whole expansion make sense.

Sorry bro, WoD is <----------- back that way.

Welp..... My two cents here, but I think Legion would be so much better without SO FUCKING MUCH RNG. Im not saying "dont have it at all" Im saying quell it a little, its insuferable the way it is.

That's all I'm trying to say.

It's just that some people don't seem to get it.

This insane amount of RNG would be fine with - Valor Points, Tier Tokens, Utility Legos, Reforging.

All control was taken away.
    Yes, we agree on this. And most ppl would do to if they get to experience it a little.

- - - Updated - - -

You know something is wrong when there is 3 layers of RNG in a single feature.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, i want to see the control gave back to the players.

That's all I'm trying to say.

It's just that some people don't seem to get it.

This insane amount of RNG would be fine with - Valor Points, Tier Tokens, Utility Legos, Reforging.

All control was taken away.
    I guess my issue is i play a class/spec where the second BiS legendary is just whatever stat stick legendary that sims the best so i dont have to stress out about it to much. I wont disagree on the RNG because of the other big RNG factor this expansion... Titanforging. It sucks to have to go back to old raid content for the hope of getting that titanforged tier set because blizzard keeps making the next tier for survival hunters worse and worse than the previous. Not to mention trinkets such as CoF or BTI which are still BiS if u can get it high enough.
    Which is why i dont mind legendaries to much because I know atleast from personal experience on average i am getting 1 every two weeks on my main and thus have more control over that than LOL 930 tier 19 cloak with a socket