There is nothing easy about picking the Central. Take pretty much everyone but the Avs and put them in a hat and shake, and none of the results would shock me.

We are going to be depending on alot of pretty young guys and Ellis is out for a long time to boot. Nothing Chicago did in the offseason that makes me feel like they got better either. St. Louis sure doesn't scare me. Minnesota all comes down to what happens with Dubs, and what does Bishop look like in Dallas. Winnipeg could be really good, but who knows what they actually do.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eichel extended 10mx8 years. Matthews next contract is amost certainly going to be over that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Eichel extended 10mx8 years. Matthews next contract is amost certainly going to be over that.
    Sweet Lou will work his magic and have him sign for 15 years at 5 mill a year. Because of some weird loophole he found.

Lupul and Hossa can be tossed on LTIR. Keeps Chicago out of a bad spot and gives Toronto a lot of open cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    End of season hot take. Tavares will not go back to the Islanders. There is something very wrong with how that team is run. Tavares will weigh his options of teams to go to. If LA misses the playoffs again, Drew Doughty will go to free agency when he is able to.
    Don't agree with a few things and liked the majority of the post, but I don't see any way Tavares or Doughty are allowed to go to FA. Would love to see Leafs trade for Doughty if we could re-sign him. Short of a few untradable guys, he's the defenseman who would be the best fit on our roster.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a bit but Eichel really should be more on par with Matthews than McDavid. My guess is it'll be along the lines of Toews/Kane contract, but even then I'm pretty sure Lou is better at handling negotiations than whoever runs the Sabres.

10+ Year Old Account
    The strangest thing to hear was that Hossa developed a severe allergy to the material of hockey equipment. It might be a polyester allergy. Which is strange. I know it isn't uncommon to develop allergies later on in life. But something he was in contact with pretty much every day of his life.

The strangest thing to hear was that Hossa developed a severe allergy to the material of hockey equipment. It might be a polyester allergy. Which is strange. I know it isn't uncommon to develop allergies later on in life. But something he was in contact with pretty much every day of his life.
    It happened to a player with the Preds years ago and he was never able to play again. That said, the reason the Hossa thing comes off as odd is that it just happened to be the exact year he drops down to only making a million a season. I'm not saying it's not a legit thing, I just wonder if it's something he's dealt with but toughed it out because of the money.

Frankly I expect Nashville to try and get Weber back and do the same if he retires before his contract is over to avoid the cap penalty.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it matters how good of a negotiator Lou might be lol. This is a major problem currently, players getting paid a boatload right out of their elc. Its likely to be one of tje main reasons for the next lockout too. Matthews camp is going to come to the table saying Eichel got 10 we want at least 10. If he almost scores 40 again this season i think hes 100% getting 11m. Especially if he outperforms Jack who is the direct comparable right now. It matters alot if he extends next summer or the one after that aswell. Who knows what the payday would be like with 3 extremely strong elc years.

I don't think it matters how good of a negotiator Lou might be lol. This is a major problem currently, players getting paid a boatload right out of their elc. Its likely to be one of tje main reasons for the next lockout too. Matthews camp is going to come to the table saying Eichel got 10 we want at least 10. If he almost scores 40 again this season i think hes 100% getting 11m. Especially if he outperforms Jack who is the direct comparable right now. It matters alot if he extends next summer or the one after that aswell. Who knows what the payday would be like with 3 extremely strong elc years.
    I don't think 10 is even mentioned because I think that is the min they would even think about taking. Probably come to the table asking for 12-13 tbh, especially if he has another year like this last one.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the Eichel deal, he hasn't earned that kind of money yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol at the Jets vs Leafs first period, what a roller coaster.

I like the new rules changes, the players seem to be quite careful with their sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Lol at the Jets vs Leafs first period, what a roller coaster.

I like the new rules changes, the players seem to be quite careful with their sticks.
    That penalty against Komarov is such a dumb rule though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it is what I feared. I want to say I will wait until the end of October to see how goaltending holds up. But this is... oh nooo...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Well that was a mess as it really didn't seem like his visor was tilted when he was actually given that penalty.....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh it is what I feared. I want to say I will wait until the end of October to see how goaltending holds up. But this is... oh nooo...
    Mason was bad, but that wasn't the only issue. First goal wasn't his mistake, second was Wheeler's, but third one was all on him.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well that was a mess as it really didn't seem like his visor was tilted when he was actually given that penalty.....

- - - Updated - - -

Mason was bad, but that wasn't the only issue. First goal wasn't his mistake, second was Wheeler's, but third one was all on him.
    You gotta admit that Andersen has been on fire in the net, if it wasn't for him the game would be completely different.

15+ Year Old Account
    You gotta admit that Andersen has been on fire in the net, if it wasn't for him the game would be completely different.
    Yeah he has been crazy good.

After two periods I'd say the best skaters tonight from each team are Armia and Hyman imo. :O

Both of them have played their roles very well and contributed to both offense and defense. No stupid mistakes either.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    PP and PK stats are gonna be nuts this year....

Edit:. Woohoo 10,000 posts

15+ Year Old Account
    What a sad start from Winnipeg. ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    End of season hot take. Tavares will not go back to the Islanders. There is something very wrong with how that team is run. Tavares will weigh his options of teams to go to.
    Being in NY I hear more of the local news around him. Tavares is hesitant because no one knows whether or not they will actually have a real arena to play in. The Barclay's want them out. The Coliseum has been renovated, but they removed a lot of seats and there aren't many suites. If the owner would just pony up the money and build an arena out near Citi Field, it would be perfect. Their fan base is mostly on Long Island anyway. Tavares really wants to remain an Islander, but it's so dysfunctional right now.

Hellbeyuckyouspellit I still think is a promising prospect, but playing for the Jets before he's ready may be a hit to his confidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Always annoyed with this cliche, could really apply any time a goalie does well. Swear I hear this type of comment somewhere every other night hockey is on. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Especially since it was supposed to be grandfathered in and he should be immune since he doesn't need to wear a visor. I think Zeoni was talking about slashing rules more than the idiotic jersey tuck/visor rules since it'll help Johnny Hockey out tremendously if players stop slashing his hand off.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get the Eichel deal, he hasn't earned that kind of money yet.
    Very few plays have in their first couple contracts besides maybe Toews, Kane, Keith, Crawford, Crosby, and Malkin but teams will do what they need to do to keep their stars from getting a higher RFA offer.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    10 minutes into the first period and Chicago is already up 4-0 on Pittsburgh. Back to back right at the start of the season is a bit bullshit though, to be fair.