Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's fostering hatred against a religious group. How is this not clear? Particularly since your own source makes it clear it wasn't for just one idle comment the guy made.
    Do you even know what "hets mot folkgrupp" entails in Sweden?

Enligt 16 kap 8 § brottsbalken, är hets mot folkgrupp att
    uppsåtligen,
    i uttalande eller i annat meddelande som sprids,
    hota eller uttrycka missaktning för folkgrupp eller annan sådan grupp av personer med anspelning på ras, hudfärg, nationellt ursprung, etniskt ursprung, trosbekännelse eller sexuell läggning.

According to 16 chapter 8 § penal code, hets mot folkgrupp is to
    intentionally,
    in speech or in other message that is spread,
    threaten or express disrespect for an ethnic group or any other such group of people with allusion on race, skin color, national origin, ethnic origin, faith or sexual orientation.

What got him was expressing disrespect. Not fostering hatred.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Because that is what hate speech in this particular case is being defined as. The only reason i see people having an issue with this is due to them adding some random element to it, think and believe without any basis that what they have in their head is what the EU means under hate speech in this case, and get upset over it.
    I wouldn't trust EU at all. They have severely limited free speech there. USA is the only country doing free speech right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    I didn't claim it was on EU level.
    So you are arguing the meaning of something that is not relevant to this thread since, we are speaking about the EU complaint and court demand. Not that about from zimbabwe or any other nation or union.

It's fostering hatred against a religious group. How is this not clear? Particularly since your own source makes it clear it wasn't for just one idle comment the guy made.

Turkish rep of some organisation of some reknown called the Germans "race of mongrels".
    Aparently thats legal. So with all due respect, by which I mean none, fuck that particular groups "dignity".

The hate speech thing is a sham, its anti free speech. Germanys newly intorduced NetzDG is a blueprint for what the EU commision would very much like. It is very authoritarian and probably unconstitutional (The Wissenschaftlicher Dienst des deutschen Bundestages itself thinks its also in violation of EU law), both on a national level for Germany as well as on EU level. But the commision doesnt care, becaues the commision is not a democratically elected body of representatives that has to care about the balance of powers. I am sorry, but the sources here are in German.

The UN special Special Rapporteur on the promotion and protection of the right to freedom of opinion and expression thinks Germanys law that is the blueprint for the commisions push is a direct threat to free speech and free enterprise. Fortunately this is available in English.

I think if someone wants to have something that is not by objective standarts criminal in nature deleted they should get a preliminary injunction through a real court and ask a real judge that has the qualifications and the responsibility to make such decisions wether their interest to have something deleted is more valuable than someone elses right to express themselves. They way they plan to do it they plan to work outside the legal framework, designing an alternate system to avoid things ever going to court. Thats fucked up.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-10-04 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    I wouldn't trust EU at all. They have severely limited free speech there. USA is the only country doing free speech right.
    I can go to the middle of the street and yell what the fuck I want without any problem at all, as long I'm not promoting clear hate speech (even that would be just public disorder). You clearly have a wrong view of Europe's freedom of speech.

I mean, fuck, you have a problem with public televised partial nudity or using swear words, we have game shows just for that.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-10-04 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Not being openly allowed to call for the genocide of others, or openly calling for others to be assaulted or shot, something americans are all to familiar with. But being allowed to do anything else, joke about anything else and not face personal law suits since they get throw out here and not have to worry about tv showing some nudity and having an entire nation in shock over a nipple.

I'll prefer european laws. I mean there's plenty of cases to be made for minority protection laws but these are not being debated here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitheach View Post
    Prioritizing fighting Fascism over letting Racists attack marginalized communities is called justice.
    Banning or punishing "offensive" speech is fascism.

How ridiculous. The Internet should not be on lockdown from SJWs. Cyber bullying isn't real and words are just words.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Banning or punishing "offensive" speech is fascism.
    You cannot allow Fascism to spread, tolerance of intolerance is accepting Fascism. Can't be neutral on a moving train.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    HATE SPEECH is a crime and keep on changing my posts to not reflect what i have written is the typical action of folks that know they have no legal grounds to stand on when it comes to the ILLEGAL actions they support and wants to remain in place, like HATE SPEECH
    I copied exactly what you wrote, just because you add hate to the front of it doesn't change the premise. Either you like free speech or you don't, you can't choose what parts you want filtered out and made illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I copied exactly what you wrote, just because you add hate to the front of it doesn't change the premise. Either you like free speech or you don't, you can't choose what parts you want filtered out and made illegal.

free speech does NOT allow you to misquote me, really you seem to defend your actions the same way as this example

cyanide infused orange juice is toxic

You will make that claim look like orange juice is toxic really thats the level of nonsense you made with the wrong quotes

7+ Year Old Account
    You cannot allow Fascism to spread, tolerance of intolerance is accepting Fascism. Can't be neutral on a moving train.
    "Intolerance" is a behavior. You cannot regulate behavior in that manner, nor is it the state's place to do so. Making actual threats, etc, is illegal. "Offensive" speech is free speech. You don't have to like it, but that's your opinion and it doesn't actually mean anything. Also, the "tolerance of intolerance is accepting fascism" bit is irrational tagline that doesn't do anything but expose a lack of understanding of how those words actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    free speech does NOT allow you to misquote me
    Actually, technically it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    "Intolerance" is a behavior. You cannot regulate behavior in that manner, nor is it the state's place to do so. Making actual threats, etc, is illegal. "Offensive" speech is free speech. You don't have to like it, but that's your opinion and it doesn't actually mean anything. Also, the "tolerance of intolerance is accepting fascism" bit is irrational tagline that doesn't do anything but expose a lack of understanding of how those words actually work.
    Racism, Sexism and Fascism must be stamped out if we are to progress and move forward.

7+ Year Old Account
    Racism, Sexism and Fascism must be stamped out if we are to progress and move forward.
    Racism, sexism and fascism will never be truly "stamped out" because those types of biases are natural. But hey, you do you, kiddo. I've got better things to do.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    How ridiculous. The Internet should not be on lockdown from SJWs. Cyber bullying isn't real and words are just words.
    Curious mods exist then..? Even here on mmo-C. In some ways words are more powerful than anything you could physically do. Pen being mightier than the sword and all that.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Do you even know what "hets mot folkgrupp" entails in Sweden?

Enligt 16 kap 8 § brottsbalken, är hets mot folkgrupp att
    uppsåtligen,
    i uttalande eller i annat meddelande som sprids,
    hota eller uttrycka missaktning för folkgrupp eller annan sådan grupp av personer med anspelning på ras, hudfärg, nationellt ursprung, etniskt ursprung, trosbekännelse eller sexuell läggning.

According to 16 chapter 8 § penal code, hets mot folkgrupp is to
    intentionally,
    in speech or in other message that is spread,
    threaten or express disrespect for an ethnic group or any other such group of people with allusion on race, skin color, national origin, ethnic origin, faith or sexual orientation.

What got him was expressing disrespect. Not fostering hatred.
    The problem with translating laws is that the nuance is lost, missaktning could be ringaktning, förakt, vanvördnad and then we are closer to contempt than disrespect.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Curious mods exist then..? Even here on mmo-C. In some ways words are more powerful than anything you could physically do. Pen being mightier than the sword and all that.
    duh. you can stab people with swords, but you can stab people AND draw stuff with pens.

Ban pens! We need pen free zones! We need bans on high capacity pens! Have you seen those pens with the multiple inks, nobody needs that much ink, what are those monsters planning!
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Hate speech doesnt exist as defined by our liberal friends especially in Europe and Canada.
    Its a censorship.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The government's not deleting anything, by your own position. They're just fining a company for publishing hateful messages. Facebook would be free to leave the messages up and eat the fines and legal penalties, if they really wanted to.
    As I said your response is of no value.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Even if they are from ISIS?
    Yes, even if it's from Hitler. Wait is Mein Kampf available in EU? Oh lookitty https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mein-Kampf-.../dp/817224164X
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    That moment when Facebook realizes it's probably cheaper/easier to just ban Europe from their site.
    Pretty much; how are these platforms supposed to 100% control everything said on them?