Rumour has that since Cataclym/The Sundering brought us Archaeology (due to obviously the Earth changing), The Wound and the Inner Earth theme of 8.0 will surely bring us Spelunking.
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Rumour has that since Cataclym/The Sundering brought us Archaeology (due to obviously the Earth changing), The Wound and the Inner Earth theme of 8.0 will surely bring us Spelunking.
    I want the Blizzcon 2015 Discussed Professions.

Bring me Runescape Professions. I want to spend my life cutting down trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post

Slayer would be very apt for WoW...
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lmao. Its been like 4 fucking years. Why are we still talking about Ogres?
    People have been talking about Ogres since Vanilla. Kinda like people were talking about Goblins and Worgen and High Elves since Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Realtalk I'd be entirely okay if Blizz made professions more lucrative on their own without needing to rely on the AH.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    People have been talking about Ogres since Vanilla. Kinda like people were talking about Goblins and Worgen and High Elves since Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Realtalk I'd be entirely okay if Blizz made professions more lucrative on their own without needing to rely on the AH.
    Not even lucrative. I want something that would just be a fine time sink. Woodworking could be stave making instead of Inscription for instance.

A hidden small-sized ogre Empire on Azeroth reproducing what was done in Goria would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Man, this thread keeps reminding me that I am probably the only person in existence that counts Vash'ir to his favorite zones of all time.
    Whilst it isn't my favourite zone, I do quite like Vash'ir. Much better than the seen-it-all-before Hyjal snoozefest, anyway. At least they were trying to do something new and different and it's stunningly beautiful.

Top tip for those confused by the 3D: shake the camera from side to side and you brain can work out where things are.

Guessing right is not the same as having insider information.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Man, this thread keeps reminding me that I am probably the only person in existence that counts Vash'ir to his favorite zones of all time.

A real bummer that it is so badly received, because I think they could do a lot of beautiful stuff in an underwater zone with their current technology.

I'd even be okay with some sort of underwater dome that has no water in it and just gives us the surroundings of the deep places of Azeroth while we are exploring stuff like Nyalotha or anything else Lovecraftian.
    You are not alone don't worry, it's my favorite zone of all time as well!

Blizzcon has 'Voices of Blizzard - The Powerful Women of Warcraft' on the Legendary Stage late Friday Evening.

I think its time I pull my WoD Boost out in preparation.

Deleted
    30 days, still no leaks ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Keep your 7.4 wet dream to yourself. We're getting a small story patch. Come back to me once it's out and we'll see who the idiot is. (spoilers it's you, like always)
    thats ironic coming from you....

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Could've leaked already. No one paid attention to the Legion leak until after it already happened. Unless you count the Chinese riddles, but those were so vague that people were applying them to everything making them an unreliable measure.
    That happened 2 days before the announcement, not 30.

Fake leak threads will start appearing in a week or two, just like they did before Gamescom.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I know this was discussed a loooooong time ago, but I finally found the image:

https://img.fireden.net/tg/image/147...5996340461.jpg

The titan path from Ulduar to the south coast of Dragonblight all the way through Strand of the Ancients. I wonder where to did it originally lead. Some sort of Titan facility north of the Maelstrom in order to watch over it? Or maybe to Nazjatar which was once a titan town, but now controlled by Naga.
    Didn't we go to a Titan place near the Maelstrom to find a mount or something? For the priests iirc?

It doesn't change the fact that we could've gotten it already and overlooked it. Personally, I think the days of reliably knowing what the next expansion will be prior to announcement day are over. I could of course be wrong, but we'll see how it goes.
    Did we ever really know what was coming next? TBC was unexpected, WotLK had unencrypted files already in the game, Cataclysm's F&F leaked, MoP had a public trademark, WoD leaked a week before the announcement and Legion leaked two days before (and the riddle which I don't see as a reliable source of information). We knew what was coming because it leaked one way or another, but the story hasn't been predictable.

"Obviously" we had to deal with Arthas and Deathwing at some point, but "obviously" we've been expecting to deal with Azshara for quite some time and they haven't given us that expansion yet. WoW expansions have always been a surprise in some way.

If the next expansion is indeed Kul Tiras and/or the South Seas, it'll be the most predictable one yet. Which is why people are throwing crazier ideas around, such as another Cataclysm, an underground expansion or a secret ogre continent, they're trying to expect the unexpected.

On the other hand, at some point we have to deal with Azshara, N'zoth and/or the Zandalari. It could be this announcement, the next one or the one afterwards, but eventually the "South Seas expansion" will happen, and even then it could be presented in a way that subverts expectations.

Something minor that's been bothering me: Will a sea expansion be "South Seas" or "High Seas"? Or maybe even "The Great Sea"?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Really comes down to how they want to handle the zones. Knowing Blizzard, it can be anything from making island-zones or turning Zandalar, Kul'Tiras, Tel'Abim, etc into their own continents for the sake of longevity.
    After Cataclysm, we won't get scattered island zones without the ability to see the other areas in the distance, even if it's just something as simple as painting the landscape on the skybox like in Argus.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I think island zones handled like Argus with a boat system functioning similar to the Vindicaar is definitely possible.

I agree that there won't be zones that don't feel connected in some way though.
    It's probably what they're going for if an island expansion is indeed what we get!

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    After Cataclysm, we won't get scattered island zones without the ability to see the other areas in the distance, even if it's just something as simple as painting the landscape on the skybox like in Argus.
    To be fair, every zone older than MoP could use a shiny new skybox. If they use them to create a better illusion of the other continents and islands being there, even better.

I'd love it if Teldrassil could be seen from anywhere in Kalimdor, and somehow the skybox transitioned into the landscape as you got close to it.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-10-05 at 11:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'd love it if Teldrassil could be seen from anywhere in Kalimdor, and somehow the skybox transitioned into the landscape as you got close to it.
    You can see Nordrassil pretty far away. Teldrassil is just off to the side and is hardly even a tree, more like a huge stump.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You can see Nordrassil pretty far away. Teldrassil is just off to the side and is hardly even a tree, more like a huge stump.
    Yes, but it's a stump the height of Hyjal (or maybe even taller).

It's taller than most mountains in Kalimdor, so I think it should be visible from pretty much anywhere.

Obviously I'd love it more if they remade Teldrassil the way it's supposed to look, but unless it plays a major role in the expansion, that's very unlikely.

Using a skybox to create the illusion that it's visible from anywhere without rendering the landscape would be nice. It could even be applied to the skybox in Azuremyst Isles, without having to move them to Kalimdor (which they should do at some point anyway...).

Other large landmarks that could get this treatment would be Skywall, Blackrock mountain, Icecrown Citadel or, as you point out, Nordrassil (a 2D image will always be prettier than an untextured, low-quality render of the actual model).