Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    i won't miss them, i had TM'ed mine.

I will be so happy to not have a constant grind in the game like the artifact. That plus the RNG are the worst part of this expansion.

I will miss it to a point. My main has always, and I mean always going back to every expansion and raid tier I have played, had the worst luck getting new weapons. The artifact sort of took that RNG issue with weapons out of the equation. Granted you still had relics, but it wasn't as bad since there were more sources to get relics from than just a single weapon. If it wouldn't have been for crafted gear that we could upgrade to almost raid level gear in WoD, I would never have gotten a weapon better than a dungeon heroic since not a single weapon drop came from raids for me the whole expansion. So artifacts and relics were a very welcome system when Legion released for me.

I also think I will miss the lore side of it. It's kind of a bummer to think of the idea of getting these super awesome epic weapons of power in the lore to then throw them to the side for some randomly named green come the new expansion. I'm not a fan of the AP grind, but I wouldn't be completely opposed to them keeping the artifacts and enhancing the system in some way going forward with relics and the talent tree of the weapons. It seems to be a logical step to take because of how important these weapons supposedly are to us and those that originally possessed them.

They could theoretically keep adding more and more transmog appearances for each weapon in place of making new weapon models altogether to keep our weapons from looking stale. Blizzard could add some small starter quest chain at the beginning of the next expansion that empowered our artifacts and it boosted the base ilvl up to the new norm for the expansion, wiping and resetting relics to the beginning as well like we started with in Legion. As I said it wouldn't be something I would be terribly opposed to, though I would want the AP grind to be adjusted or removed or something changed from what it is now. Don't ask me to what, I don't know, it just doesn't have a satisfying game play aspect to it as it stands, at least to me that is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I say this for a few reasons:
    1. Its obviously just cool having an artifact kind of weapon.
    2. I liked the system for upgrading your weapon via both relics and to a lesser extent via ap(yes the grind itself is kind of bad but its also a steady way to increase your power even after you've unlocked all the traits).
    3. I think its going to be big time hassle to redo and rebalence all the classes without the weapons while also making them meaningful to have after this expansion is over. I don't have much confidence in Bliz doing this in a way that will please me as a player. At this point I have no idea how they will even do it.

I may be in the minority but I'd be more than fine with keeping the artifacts more or less forever or for at least another expansion.
    what i think blizz will do, is get 'rid' of the artefacts for lore reasons, and leave you behind with a consolation wep (with the same ilvl/stats as the artefact you got rid off). it might even have some flavour text like 'a remnant of G'hanir, pulsating a fraction of its once great power..' or something like that. Like a memory of the expac. Then you can visit your class order hall for mog appearances of what the weapon 'used to be'. Instead of artefact-status-text it would become greyed out.

Also, for talents, blizz will probs mainstream them into the core specs. So, boomkins would keep the half/full moon, etc. That's my guess. I think artefacts should stay as the legion-thing though.

They’ve become such an integral part of the game that it really will be interesting to see how they replace them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariktu View Post
    I will be so happy to not have a constant grind in the game like the artifact. That plus the RNG are the worst part of this expansion.
    ???? Think about what you just said. Grind AND rng are the worst parts of the expansion? Remind me again how have we ever earned rewards in WoW besides grind or rng? If you take away both, what’s left? In all the history of WoW?

I always figured the goal was to balance them, so if you get bored/frustrated with one you can work on the other for a while. That’s what I’ve done in Legion. I raid and do M+ because it’s fun to get lucky with loot drops. I farmed hard for a particular legendary when the new ones came out in (7.2 I think it was?)… I did everything that drops legendaries for a couple of weeks and was so excited when I finally got the one I wanted. But when I’m frustrated because my luck is bad it’s nice to have the sure gradual power up of AP to fall back on, knowing that my persistence is helping me progress even when my loot luck is otherwise shit.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    AP would have been fine if it was applied to all 3 of your weapons. I think that's where the major flaw was.
    Word
    /10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    TBH I'm not sure how much longer I'm gonna keep playing anyway, not due to any real game complaints but more because this xpac (which, overall, was excellent) has demonstrated that I've played for long enough that nothing Blizz can do, no matter how good, can really retain my interest for more than a few months at the start of an xpac. I'm not sure that's really worth buying an xpac/subbing for anymore.
    Reported for having a reasonable, well versed, honest and decent opinion instead of blaming blizz! This is unacceptable on a forum like this!
    Everyone knows that you should always QQ on the forum how blizzard ruined the game.

PS: I feel exactly the same.

Only question remains that once Legion is over what will be the status of our artifacts ones with tons of lore like Doomhammer and Ashbringer.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post

I may be in the minority but I'd be more than fine with keeping the artifacts more or less forever or for at least another expansion.
    Then we are two.

I had and idea of artifact-ish weapon at Cataclysm start. I made my account when BC was current expansion (with some trial hop in/hop out during Vanilla). I got to 70 shortly before WotLK came. During WotLK I hit 80 on main and leveled few alts (I had like 4 characters then). WotLK was the time I was into raiding, very casual as I found scheduled approach not suiting me. I was lucky to be invited into guild's 2nd raid team (alt progression). As a general non-raider myself, me and other guildies alts managed to kill LK 10-man normal. Greatest personal raiding achievement. During progression I acquired raid tier epics, weapon included and passed 20k HP mark. Usual non raiding character was 15-18k HP range.

Then Cataclysm came 2 or 3 weeks later and I remember the disappointment I felt when I killed exactly 2nd mob in this expansion. Yellow crab in Vashj'ir for water breathing quest. It dropped green stave. ALL stats were significantly better than my raiding epic. Upgrade wise it was awesome. Overall, not so much. Mere green >>> raiding epic.

Then it hit me. LK had his Frostmourne, Tirion had Ashbringer. Literally every notable NPC had it's own weapon. So why can't we? I imagined it in system similar to SWTOR/KOTOR lightsabers (there you had hilt, battery, emitter and crystal; all items provided stats and contribute toward overall weapon power). We could have something similar.

hilt/grip piece
    core
    ornament
    and "essence" (aka "weapon's soul)

Those pieces would have green to purple quality, awarded from random drop and quest rewards (green and blue), rares and dungeons (blue and purple), raids (purple). All pieces would be shared across various weapons - hilt/grip piece would fit equally into sword, mace or stave. Having this would eliminate the need of weapon drops while still maintaining weapon progress.

At lvl one characters would receive a very basic piece of weapon. Simple iron dagger for Rogues, a twig for Druids, crude sword or axe for Paladins and Warriors. While leveling we would unlock slots and discover new "inserts". Remember old Shadowfang Keep weapon quest? Instead of acquiring mats for weapon we could acquire mats to start weapon progress. This way we could build our weapon, legend on its own.

I had to wait till Legion to actually see it. Well, to some degree. Instead of truly mine weapon I acquired noble artifact. Some of them were truly famous (Ashbringer, Scythe of Elune), other I felt were created out of the need since I never heard of them (pretty much the rest). But at least I have a weapon that will grow in power with me.

And yes, I'd be sad if I'd loose them.