Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Generally you should have gear of the same level that your characters are. Act 2 max level is 15.
    I could steal level 17 gear at the end of act 2 but my characters were that level at the end of 2.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I could steal level 17 gear at the end of act 2 but my characters were that level at the end of 2.
    Vendor items follow your level. But act 2 mobs are hardly above level 15.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Vendor items follow your level. But act 2 mobs are hardly above level 15.
    Yah I forgot about that. I did almost everything in act 2 (missed a couple of quests). Some of the mobs are higher than 15 but they are outliers like the troll on the bridge (18).

Search every corner. My first Act I playthrough I was 1 level below the final boss. This time I did every quest I could get my hands on and I managed to be the same level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard Pickpocketing was really good. I just don't like the idea of having my character(s) be thieves. But I did go vendor shopping and got my squad some new gear. I didn't go back to the fights that were kicking my ass though, I decided to do a bit of exploring instead. I was a level below on both of the fights, so I figured that couldn't hurt.

How are you guys running your melee builds though? I have Red Prince with 30 Str and 9 Warfare (couple points in 2H) and he is hitting for about 150. Considering most guys have armor in the 500-1200 range right now, is this good?
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

So, I finally had enough time to fetch the game from GOG, now the whole Undead thing sounds interesting, but I'm more of goody-two-shoes. Do I miss much playing as an undead (side)story wise?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Search every corner. My first Act I playthrough I was 1 level below the final boss. This time I did every quest I could get my hands on and I managed to be the same level.
    I always tend to go the murder route, want to kill the dragon in act 1? Kill every thing else till your strong enouth to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So, I finally had enough time to fetch the game from GOG, now the whole Undead thing sounds interesting, but I'm more of goody-two-shoes. Do I miss much playing as an undead (side)story wise?
    If your not fane you don't really miss a lot just some undead dialog options nothing massive. If your fane it changes quite a bit because of his background but I wouldn't suggest starting your first play though as fane I found it better to beat it without him first then be or take him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I always tend to go the murder route, want to kill the dragon in act 1? Kill every thing else till your strong enouth to do so.
    Don't know if it is a bug or intended, but you can give the dragon the purging wand and then attack him anyways.

If you give him the wand, he turns into a lizard dragon knight and is significantly easier to beat, but still gives the same XP and drops the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Don't know if it is a bug or intended, but you can give the dragon the purging wand and then attack him anyways.

If you give him the wand, he turns into a lizard dragon knight and is significantly easier to beat, but still gives the same XP and drops the same stuff.
    Wish I knew that 2 days ago.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

I'd guess it's a bug but that's no fun you can't say you beat down a dragon when you just beat up some lizard.

Deleted
    Finished the game yesterday, maining Fane. Really worth it, but wouldn't recommend if you did not at least play the predecessor in a higher difficulty, just to truly understand mechanics and spells.

Can confirm the game is TRULY worth it. I recommend playing in english though. Many lines greatly differ from the original in localized versions it seems. Also, some puzzles seem really senseless otherwise and a few character reactions will make you wonder why.

Overall though, great game. Changed to english and highest difficulty for next playthrough. Preparing myself for alot of last-second reloading.
    Last edited by mmocd5f6a5c456; 2017-10-04 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still curious about Melee builds. Like I mentioned, I have a 2-Handed Maul-Wielding Lizard with 30 Str, 9 Warfare, and 2 Two-Handed in skills with a weapon 1 level below him. He hits for about 150. My Summoner's Incarnate hits for about 250. What can I do to improve my poor Lizard? It feels like all he's good for is periodically knocking a couple of people down (but my Summoner can do that on her own). Maybe I should make Red Prince a Summoner too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I'm still curious about Melee builds. Like I mentioned, I have a 2-Handed Maul-Wielding Lizard with 30 Str, 9 Warfare, and 2 Two-Handed in skills with a weapon 1 level below him. He hits for about 150. My Summoner's Incarnate hits for about 250. What can I do to improve my poor Lizard? It feels like all he's good for is periodically knocking a couple of people down (but my Summoner can do that on her own). Maybe I should make Red Prince a Summoner too?
    In my opinion, you have too little in 2hander while warfare is good it lacks the crit bonus, at 5 2hander and 4 warfare i'm already above 100 for regular hits with a level 8 axe as a level 9. Also using the red prince as my heavy melee person.

As for secondary, polymorph. It has great utility and it gives you an extra ability point per point invested so that ends up being a nice amount of extra strength just leveling it for spells.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest all origin stories are rather great and you get to experience part of them anyway even if they aren't your main character, also in general rather impressed with the effort put into them i was expecting a bit of fluff at the start and not much after much like DAO, nope totally wrong there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    In my opinion, you have too little in 2hander while warfare is good it lacks the crit bonus, at 5 2hander and 4 warfare i'm already above 100 for regular hits with a level 8 axe as a level 9. Also using the red prince as my heavy melee person.

As for secondary, polymorph. It has great utility and it gives you an extra ability point per point invested so that ends up being a nice amount of extra strength just leveling it for spells.
    Until later in the game he isn't going to have much crit. Where warfare is its own multiplier relative to strength and 2H, which share a multiplier.

The formula is something like damage = weapon damage * (1+ strength% + 2H%) * warfare%

So stacking warfare is much stronger early game (for physical damage).

---
    To answer the above guy though, summoner is just really strong early on... You don't catch up until you get better gear. Its strong because gear is irrelevant to it, the Incarnate's stats are based on the summoner skill level and character level, nothing else. So it will always be at peak strength for your level so long as your summoning skill is high... Whereas other build's are only at peak strength with good min/maxed gear, which is a crapshoot early on and entirely based on RNG. Later on other stuff outshines summoner since it stops scaling when level/summoner skill is capped, where everyone else keeps scaling as their gear/primary stats gets better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I'd guess it's a bug but that's no fun you can't say you beat down a dragon when you just beat up some lizard.
    Given how much freedom you have in this game: I doubt it's a bug.

Okay, I was considering Fane, but I guess I'll do a normal run with a living character first. Does the voice acting last throughout the game? It's such a pleasure to have it in the begin and I dread that it might stop soon after the intro :/.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I was considering Fane, but I guess I'll do a normal run with a living character first. Does the voice acting last throughout the game? It's such a pleasure to have it in the begin and I dread that it might stop soon after the intro :/.
    Majority is voiced, including the narrator bits. Even animals when you have pet pal are voiced what is a talent i recommend just for hilarious dialogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    To be honest, 2-handed warriors become much better late in the game. Mine hits for the same damage as my Incarnate and he is a Summoner (15+)/2-H/Polymorph Hybrid so he isn't even fully specced into it. Most important is to keep your weapon up to date. While Summoners are good, a 2H warrior will give a lot more battlefield control. Knockdowns are great once you have destroyed their armor.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2017-10-05 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2H outpaces summoners starting about level 15, then it just snowballs to a much more damage easily.

Summoner is great once you get 10 in summoning especially early on, but later on it just lacks the scaling to keep up. Still it's very good for what it is, if you think about it, you can easily spare 10 summoning of your support characters and once incarnate is out, you can just go ahead heal and tank as usual, sure you spend 10 points in summoning but support types don't really need to stack points in support magic, hydro enchanter with like 5 in hydro will have all the healing and shields you ever need and just one point in pyro instantly gives access to haste and clarity, toss 2-3 points in aero for teleports and Tornado and 2 in Geo for physical shields or 2-3 in necro and you have great support dude with summoning and buffs for all your needs ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrading the weapon was a big help. I was using a Maul a little bit lower level and I think the upgrade made a big difference...not as dramatic as I would have liked, but still pretty good. I'm using Beast as a Ranger and he might be my hardest hitting character (also the #1 targeted character by enemies). I suppose that is the tradeoff. Ranger can do a lot of damage, but a Warrior has more battlefield control?

I remember this being discussed earlier, but do you guys run a mixture of skills or do you focus on one type for the entire party? My group is mostly Physical, with Fane as a Wizard doing the lion's share of the magic damage. My Summoner can get in on that action by bringing in an Elemental Incarnate, but her other skills are Warfare so she is more of a Tank after the Incarnate is out. I'm nearing the end of the 2nd Zone now and am level 16, so I'm noticing more and more that I'm ending up chewing through both armor types on most enemies. That being said, Fane is still a monster and able to handle most non-fire resistant enemies in short order...the Impalement+Fireball combo out of the gate takes out most everyone's magic armor.