Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You aren't easily going from 66 to 75 in less then a month. You would need almost a trillion AP even with AK gains that is out of reach at that much of a gap.
    Actually, in the first week of November, you will have about 3x the AP multiplier you have this week. With putting in not more than the every-day effort of All AP world quests, couple of invasion points, Emissary, Daily Heroic, and maybe 1-2 m+15 a day you can easily farm around 300bn AP in 1 ID. Every ID afterwards you get 30% more, so 390bn in 2nd ID, 507bn in 3rd ID (15-21 Nov).

That's 1,197bn (or 1.2 trillion) AP in 3 weeks before the raid opens.

So: Yes, it is doable within 3 weeks. And that's from 0 to 75, not from 66 to 75. Of course, it will be around 3-4 hours per day played needed for it. But then again: Casuals wouldn't need the 75 anyways and somewhat hardcore Raiders put these hours in anyways. So all is well
    Last edited by mmoc93c1e7e232; 2017-10-05 at 09:13 AM.

I don't know when Antorus launch is, but right now my main weapon is at 70, based on my activity and how much AP i usually earn each day i can safely say that i get a new level every 5-7 days. So i expect to be at 75 by the end of the month, depending on how much AK helps with each level.

Now about the question, do we need it? i don't think so, the power increase is not that big and AK wil be higher when the raid opens. I personally decided to get to 75 ASAP, but that's my personal choice, not because i feel that i need to get it before antorus, simply because right now i'm having fun playing the game and is a personal goal.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Actually, in the first week of November, you will have about 3x the AP multiplier you have this week. With putting in not more than the every-day effort of All AP world quests, couple of invasion points, Emissary, Daily Heroic, and maybe 1-2 m+15 a day you can easily farm around 300bn AP in 1 ID. Every ID afterwards you get 30% more, so 390bn in 2nd ID, 507bn in 3rd ID (15-21 Nov).

That's 1,197bn (or 1.2 trillion) AP in 3 weeks before the raid opens.

So: Yes, it is doable within 3 weeks. And that's from 0 to 75, not from 66 to 75. Of course, it will be around 3-4 hours per day played needed for it. But then again: Casuals wouldn't need the 75 anyways and somewhat hardcore Raiders put these hours in anyways. So all is well
    They said by November, so the first few weeks of November don't matter. AK is at 46 now the gain wont have been that big by months end.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2017-10-05 at 02:22 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

My main is 67 and alts are 66. I stopped caring much after 66 since a majority of my characters have weak talent picks for the 3rd tier. So until I get new relics in the raid that replace these mediocre ones, it's not as important to be 69-75. And if I wait, it will be that much easier to gain with the higher AK.

im level 64 which is going well

Deleted
    They said by November, so the first few weeks of November don't matter. AK is at 46 now the gain wont have been that big by months end.
    Even that's possible (and I'm actually doing it), although it's quite a bit more work-intensive I calculated it through with the average AP I do every week normally and would be 75 in the last week of October (if I didn't have a conference I have to attend for a couple of days inbetween).

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm lvl 71 on the weapon and OS is done to concordance. I need to stop the farm, its pointless xD
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Even that's possible (and I'm actually doing it), although it's quite a bit more work-intensive I calculated it through with the average AP I do every week normally and would be 75 in the last week of October (if I didn't have a conference I have to attend for a couple of days inbetween).
    Just through casual WQing? Highly unlikely, that was what the original comment was, that people would just causually make it to 75. It will be possible for some to make it for sure somebody is at 74 right now. For somebody not going out of their way to grind it isn't though.

Deleted
    Just through casual WQing? Highly unlikely, that was what the original comment was, that people would just causually make it to 75. It will be possible for some to make it for sure somebody is at 74 right now. For somebody not going out of their way to grind it isn't though.
    Not through casual WQing. Noone said that. Doing all WQs every day plus the occasional m+, yes. Then again, if you're casual, why would you even want the 75 before the raid comes out? If you're not in the top 50 world guilds, noone should expect you to have 75 traits in your weapon anyway, if you don't want to.

I just do it, because I like it. WQs are a good way to switch off after work. And m+, especially the higher ones, are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    The 14th of November, you have decided is too close? Lmao..

WoTLK release - November 13, 2008
    Cata release - December 7, 2010 <--- <--- <---
    Patch 4.3.0 - November 29th, 2011
    Patch 5.1.0 - November 27th, 2012
    Warlords release - November 13, 2014
    Highmaul opened - December 2nd, 2014 <--- <--- <---

But no mate, please tell us more about how November 14th is too early.
    Fucking rekt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I'm lvl 71 on the weapon and OS is done to concordance. I need to stop the farm, its pointless xD
    i'm at 69 for my unholy weapon. I've pretty much stopped until we get higher AK. what took you a week to farm can take me a day to farm when you have enough AK.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Not through casual WQing. Noone said that. Doing all WQs every day plus the occasional m+, yes. Then again, if you're casual, why would you even want the 75 before the raid comes out? If you're not in the top 50 world guilds, noone should expect you to have 75 traits in your weapon anyway, if you don't want to.

I just do it, because I like it. WQs are a good way to switch off after work. And m+, especially the higher ones, are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    First off you're claiming to know the date of when Antorus is coming out when nobody is sure. So you shouldn't do that.

Secondly, you'll get 75 very easily by just WQing every day before November if you actually put the time into your artifact.
    It does say every day which isn't exactly casual, even with it being daily WQ being the sole source of your AP would make it very unlikely. I am sure few guilds expect multiple people at 75 even by raid time. I know I am at 69 right now myself and the reward for the grind is almost spirit breakingly low. It doesn't help that the last 4 relics I have put into the crucible ended up being downgrades because they 2nd and 3rd row options were so bad. Grinding to unlock a dps option as a healer or a defensive option as a dps really sucks the wind out of your sails.

You don't NEED to do anything, nobody has a gun to your head.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Saving for later

He obviously isn't aiming the question at people like you.
    Not only that but he also added the condition under which you would have to do it. Basically the guy just wanted to come in here and say that hardcore raiders are ruining the game with self-imposed necessities.

I m about 7.7B AP away from 70 (60 on OS weapon and 35 on spec I never play) on my MS weapon right now. I think it will be possible.

Weekly routine for AP: Weekly chest
    Heroic ToS (Takes 45mins to an hour to clear)
    5/9M ToS (1 raid night to clear, rest of the time is spent on Mistress progression, 2 raid days)
    Heroic NH (Takes like 45mins to full clear)
    I only do Argus WQ and I try to hit every invasion when they are up.
    I also spend some time in M+ mostly doing 10's-15's so extra AP coming from here and also the extra AP in the weekly chest.

Note: I don't do emissary quests nor do I do any quests on the broken shore/isles. The reason I don't do those is because they are just not worth the time, and I have every legendary for my class, so it's not like I need to do them anyways. The only time I do emissary is if it is up for the Argus zones, and that just happens naturally by doing Argus WQ's.

It's not hard, people just don't know how to manage time properly.

I also do think Antorus will come out in November due to the sole reason of tuning. If the harder Mythic bosses are tuned for 75 traits then the release would line up with the more hardcore players obtaining 75 on their weapon. If they wait until say January to release Antorus, almost anyone who raids will have 75+ traits on their weapon by that time and will steam-roll the tier. I don't think Blizzard want's people to steam roll the last tier of the expac. So it makes sense that November (after blizzcon) would be the release date for Antorus.
    Last edited by Veshx; 2017-10-06 at 11:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    I m about 7.7B AP away from 70 (60 on OS weapon and 35 on spec I never play) on my MS weapon right now. I think it will be possible.

Weekly routine for AP: Weekly chest
    Heroic ToS (Takes 45mins to an hour to clear)
    5/9M ToS (1 raid night to clear, rest of the time is spent on Mistress progression, 2 raid days)
    Heroic NH (Takes like 45mins to full clear)
    I only do Argus WQ and I try to hit every invasion when they are up.
    I also spend some time in M+ mostly doing 10's-15's so extra AP coming from here and also the extra AP in the weekly chest.

Note: I don't do emissary quests nor do I do any quests on the broken shore/isles. The reason I don't do those is because they are just not worth the time, and I have every legendary for my class, so it's not like I need to do them anyways. The only time I do emissary is if it is up for the Argus zones, and that just happens naturally by doing Argus WQ's.

It's not hard, people just don't know how to manage time properly.

I also do think Antorus will come out in November due to the sole reason of tuning. If the harder Mythic bosses are tuned for 75 traits then the release would line up with the more hardcore players obtaining 75 on their weapon. If they wait until say January to release Antorus, almost anyone who raids will have 75+ traits on their weapon by that time and will steam-roll the tier. I don't think Blizzard want's people to steam roll the last tier of the expac. So it makes sense that November (after blizzcon) would be the release date for Antorus.
    If you think people will "steam-roll the tier" like you said just because they have 75 traits, you really dont know what you are talking about. The difference between 75 and, say, 69, is huge in terms of AP (its about 5-7 weeks of farm), but minimal when it comes to DPS (about 1.2/1.5% extra dps on average considering that not all upgrades will go from 0 dps traits to bis trait). A 1/1.5% does matter when it comes to world firts guilds that have very tight tuned bosses like avatar, it wont matter AT ALL when it comes to other guilds. You DONT steal roll mythic with just a 1.5% extra dps. Just think to your own guild: you're 5/9 right? Well, you're 5/9 after they nerfed a lot some bosses (mistress where you've been wiping is one good example) and they added crucible. So you're 5/9 after more than 15% buff all combined. Less than 600 guilds killed avatar.

And you think the last 2 traits will make people steamroll the tier? Yeah right.

I stopped caring about AP at 66 and im soon 69 anyway, gonna be easy to farm it up last week before mythic.

I'm going to go with no...

If you currently raid at mid - higher end Mythic level.

You should have enough AP when the new tier comes out.

This has basically been the way this whole expansion has work.

It's going to require a little farming but you won't need to do 10 M+ a day or anything

22nd heroic Antorus
    29th mythic Antorus

4head

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hehe..I would probably tell people I am "casual as hell" - even though I have 10 classes (12 characters) at 110 every one of them with at least one artifact maxed, but several actually in all speccs maxed. "Drawback" is, my main specc is "only" at 62 ^^
    essentially exactly the same as this guy and haven't logged in over 6 weeks to do anything now