Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    in California they have been having "hate speech" discussion and measures to fix this "problem" for the last week.

also

That doesn't answer the question. "hate speech discussion/problem" and your graph is ambiguously useless to the original question

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    BLM stands up against injustice and for equality.
    You really haven't been paying attention...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Not really. Free speech is clearly defined as the government not being allowed to silence you. A citizen can shut you down all they want, and it does not impede on your free speech.

If you are talking, and I cut your microphone (as I am not a member of the government) it is perfectly in line with the constitution.

- - - Updated - - -

It amuses me that people think Free Speech means that no one at all is allowed to silence you. Free Speech does not exempt you from society shutting you down. Only the government is prohibited from doing so.
    That seems pretty bad. In Sweden you're not allowed to protest in such a manner that the other can't be heard due to noise etc., you will be taken away by the police and likely charged with both "Ohörsamhet mot ordningsmakten" and "Störande av allmän sammankomst" if it's a public speech or event you're trying to interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Black people can be racist. Just nobody can be racist against white people. Because no group has the political or social or economic power to oppress us, which means that individual incidents of prejudice against whites are irrelevant.

You can of course clutch your dictionary and cry racism when someone calls you mayonnaise, but sensible people will just roll their eyes and call you a whiny baby.
    Holy shit, do you actually believe what you wrote?

It doesn't have to be a race as a whole affected to be racism. I can't even say your line of thought (using the term thought very loosely), has a pattern, other than contradicting yourself every other sentence. Racism isn't just oppression, you thoughtless sack of water, it varies in so many degrees, and isn't just political, social, or economical. It can go through physical means (ever heard of hate crimes?), and others and to varying amounts of people, from one person, to all people.

If somebody was called mayonnaise, nope they probably wouldn't care. They have every right to care when somebody is murdered due to their race, which happens plenty. But hey, statistics only show 81% of white people are murdered by a black person (at 13.3% of the population), and that being shy of 100% means it just can't ever impact any white person. Nope. None of those may be linked to racism. Nope. Not even after they get on social media and brag about killing a white person. That's what your nonsense would decree based on three forms of power you feel are one sided and account for any and all actions.

I know you won't take anything from this, because your brain doesn't allow for you to be wrong on this topic apparently, so I'll just let you know, I'm so happy the majority of the world isn't in line with your stupidity.
    and then he cupped my balls...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    That seems pretty bad. In Sweden you're not allowed to protest in such a manner that the other can't be heard due to noise etc., you will be taken away by the police and likely charged with both "Ohörsamhet mot ordningsmakten" and "Störande av allmän sammankomst" if it's a public speech or event you're trying to interrupt.
    I mean, it is absolutely incredibly rude and childish. But sadly in many cases the authorities are not permitted to do anything about it.

I do believe there are limits to obstructing certain things with protest though.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Watching liberals bash themselves is so glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    The sweet irony of this is that if there was a Constitutional convention the Republicans would come out like bandits, and that there are already Republicans calling for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This forum has a quote system. Put up or shut up.

The second amendment does need to be repealed though.
    The Republicans calling for changes are wanting to limit government power - mostly balanced budget type amendments. Democrats want to limit individual rights - mostly repeal their right to keep and bear arms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    The Republicans calling for changes are wanting to limit government power - mostly balanced budget type amendments. Democrats want to limit individual rights - mostly repeal their right to keep and bear arms.
    Not quite. Republicans want to limit the government's power, sometimes even help private interests with government resources, in environmental law, taxation, voter suppression, and incarceration of drug offenders. Most republicans ascribe to a neo-confederate ideal where states can run roughshod over their citizens, with the federal government being effectively neutered to assist them in defending their rights. They want balanced budget amendments to give cover to their desire to not assist citizens who are not their constituency, even subjecting their urban centers to restrictive laws on public transport, infrastructure upgrades, and better funding for public schooling as giveaways to private interests and multi-national corporations.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Not quite. Republicans want to limit the government's power, sometimes even help private interests with government resources, in environmental law, taxation, voter suppression, and incarceration of drug offenders. Most republicans ascribe to a neo-confederate ideal where states can run roughshod over their citizens, with the federal government being effectively neutered to assist them in defending their rights. They want balanced budget amendments to give cover to their desire to not assist citizens who are not their constituency, even subjecting their urban centers to restrictive laws on public transport, infrastructure upgrades, and better funding for public schooling as giveaways to private interests and multi-national corporations.
    I requoted myself so you can reread. I specifically said Republicans calling for change - changes to Constitution via a Convention of States. Now if you can source me Republicans calling for a Convention of States for all of those purposes you listed, we can discuss this but unfortunately you won't be able to. Republicans may or may not be angelic in their actions but when it comes to the Constitution they understand it's importance and that it was intended to put limits on government not restrict the Rights of individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    So I should believe you that they have nothing to protest about, or the actual people and movement that are redressing their grievances? Yeah, no. Don't get your lily-white gloves too dirty today while walking in the bad part of town.

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny because you actually believe MLK would be on your side of this issue.
    Redressing what grievances? People like Trayboon and Mike Brown got what they deserved. By that I mean the bullets that killed them, not the media circus and utterly false narratives built up around their well deserved demise.

Keep on larpin' and lootin'. We get a laugh at your expense.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Yeah, right. White people can't get hurt if you beat them up because they're white. We're immune to non-white people physically attacking us.
    Of course we can get hurt. I am just saying, on a societal level, it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Watching liberals bash themselves is so glorious.
    "liberalism is white supremacy"

yeah.. that's what they are, clearly, lol.

Nah, some racism (against people of color) actually has effects. Some "racism" (against whites) does not. Besides twisted panties.
    If you are going with this, then advocate for punishing racism based on its effects and not on it being racism. But you aren't doing this because you want to have your cake and eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Oh Elba, aren't you just cute with your little attitude? I could say the same about racism to black people. You think that being racist to white people has no long lasting ramifications? You think it will help your movement or relationships with white people in the future? You think being racist to white people isn't going to return the same feelings?

There's a famous little phrase of: "Treat others how you wish to be treated." If you're going to spit hateful rhetoric, you better shut your mouth when it comes back on you.
    You are actually proving my point by misunderstanding it.

There is no racism against white people because prejudice doesn't hurt or marginalize us as a group. We remain in power regardless.

By saying that treating white people badly will have negative ramification towards others you are admitting that white people are indeed holding power.

White people are the only race that currently can make such threats reality. As such, no racism against us.

Of course we can get hurt. I am just saying, on a societal level, it doesn't matter.
    Yes, it does matter.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no racism against white people because prejudice doesn't hurt or marginalize us as a group. We remain in power regardless.

By saying that treating white people badly will have negative ramification towards others you are admitting that white people are indeed holding power.

White people are the only race that currently can make such threats reality. As such, no racism against us.
    I sure as hell don't hold any power in society.

I'm praying these motherfuckers try crashing a biker rally. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! IM FUCKING BEGGING YOU

7+ Year Old Account
    OT: Idiots being idiots. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The second amendment does need to be repealed though.
    No, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Upholding a law that was written in a completely different time more than 200 years later, is utter stupidity, it's an amendment, I'm sure regulation towards hate speech is possible, just as changes in regards to the 2nd amendment has been done.
    It's not the role of government to protect feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Racism is racism. Oppression is oppression. I've been leaning to the left politically, but where the modern (American?) left always loses me is rewriting dictionaries. I am a literalist and a prescriptivist and I much prefer that words mean the same as when I learned them. I also prefer to be able to decide which ones I can use. How can we use language as a framework of communication if some people arbitrarily remove of rearrange elements?
    You're better off not even engaging his stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If you are going with this, then advocate for punishing racism based on its effects and not on it being racism. But you aren't doing this because you want to have your cake and eat it too.
    A better analogy would be that he's baked an imaginary cake and is trying to force-feed it to people.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-10-05 at 07:07 PM.

Its funny when the left eats its own. Thats karma right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a whole new level of fucking retarded right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    No wonder so many democrats statistically oppose the first amendment and wanna limit "hate speech"

fascism
    I certainly hope this wasn't what got you a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconuter View Post
    Holy shit, do you actually believe what you wrote?
    Yup.

It doesn't have to be a race as a whole affected to be racism. I can't even say your line of thought (using the term thought very loosely), has a pattern, other than contradicting yourself every other sentence. Racism isn't just oppression, you thoughtless sack of water, it varies in so many degrees, and isn't just political, social, or economical. It can go through physical means (ever heard of hate crimes?), and others and to varying amounts of people, from one person, to all people.
    Actually it does. Any so called "racism" (lol) against white people are merely individual instances of prejudice.

Actual racism, against people of color, is part of and perpetuates a system of oppression.

If somebody was called mayonnaise, nope they probably wouldn't care. They have every right to care when somebody is murdered due to their race, which happens plenty. But hey, statistics only show 81% of white people are murdered by a black person (at 13.3% of the population), and that being shy of 100% means it just can't ever impact any white person. Nope. None of those may be linked to racism. Nope. Not even after they get on social media and brag about killing a white person. That's what your nonsense would decree based on three forms of power you feel are one sided and account for any and all actions.
    81%? Citation needed.

I know you won't take anything from this, because your brain doesn't allow for you to be wrong on this topic apparently, so I'll just let you know, I'm so happy the majority of the world isn't in line with your stupidity.
    Or you could accept that I am right.

Friend, fact is, white people, as a group, hold nearly all positions of power in politics, business, education, media etc. We are the only race that has the means to fuck the other races over royally. They simply can't.