Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd really rather they did something that's actually fitting for Blizzcon and have a full orchestra performing pieces from Blizzard's soundtracks.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Why make a new thread when there's already another one?

But it was as expected, we all knew it would be some edgy rock band that would be there as with every year.
    Would've been way more satisfied with just an orchestra playing Blizzard's amazing music instead of this.
    Or... You know.. Someone who's actually affiliated with the gaming industry such as Zedd or Deadmau5?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    It would be cool to have Apacolyptica play and doing a few covers of in game music.
    That would be fucking amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Siffredi View Post
    They could invite a Band with at least one dedicated World of Warcraft player in it. For example George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher (Cannibal Corpse) told years ago about his WoW addiction ... but on the other side, the music won't fit. And when the concert starts with "F**K THE ALLIANCE" and announcing Songs will be "This next song is for all Alliance Players out there. F*****K WITH A KNIIIIIFFFEEE." - not a good idea. Are there other bands around with known WoW players?
    Ozzy Osbourne! With his Crazy Train for new expansion Hype Train. ROFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    Yeah. Even going off of that, we could've had the orchestra that plays video game music.
    Sorta what I thought could've been cool, well, an electronic orchestra but it has to fit all, after all. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brutallord View Post
    better than Radiohead
    True, true. Can't argue on that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    system is not worth seeing unless you have a time machine, i saw them at download 3? months ago they didn't interact with the crowd at all played their songs one after another real fast then just fucked off.

it was like their goal was maximum earnings/time spent.
    Unfortunately, Muse has some of the least crowd interaction at gigs I've seen in my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly when I saw the news I was like "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee." Good pick, for sure.

Though let's be honest the worst band they got was Blink 182.
    Well, one song I seem to like from Muse, so they are about the same level as 182 for me. Hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Muse so I'm pretty excited. I do think though that an orchestra of Blizzard music would be great.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post

But it was as expected, we all knew it would be some edgy rock band that would be there as with every year.
    Would've been way more satisfied with just an orchestra playing Blizzard's amazing music instead of this.
    Or... You know.. Someone who's actually affiliated with the gaming industry such as Zedd or Deadmau5?
    Is Muse really an edgy rock band anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Blizzcon audience isn't really good for rock/pop bands...

I think they should try live orchestra next time
    The fan group is really mixed, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    It would be cool to have Apacolyptica play and doing a few covers of in game music.
    Oh, I will have to agree but I think that would just be in my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    So, they finally revealed the band to be Muse..

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Whether you’re joining us for BlizzCon in person or online, get ready for an epic finale—Muse is coming to BlizzCon 2017!

The Grammy Award–winning band will be closing out BlizzCon Saturday, November 4, giving everyone at the show and watching online an stage-shattering send-off for this year’s convention. If you didn’t grab tickets to the event, Blizzard gamers and Muse fans around the world can still get a front row seat at home with the BlizzCon 2017 Virtual Ticket.

This year’s improved Virtual Ticket includes expanded stage coverage, with all four content stages at the show being streamed, along with an All Access channel that acts as your tour guide through the show. The Virtual Ticket also unlocks full access to several series of preshow videos, including cosplay demos, a journey inside the Blizzard Vault, and other exciting behind-the-scenes content. Check out the complete show schedule and catch a treasure trove of preshow content now on www.blizzcon.com/watch.

Virtual Ticket holders will also be able to watch the concert—and everything else covered at BlizzCon—in on-demand videos that will be available for a month after the show.

Check out the press release for more information on this year’s closing concert featuring Muse. We’ll see you at the show!

(source)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/muse

Not 100% sure about it myself, I have to admit. What about you guys?

Though, having listened to some, guess it could've been worse.
    Well, at least it's not Nickleback.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Is Muse really an edgy rock band anymore?
    Were they ever an "edgy" rock group?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I love Muse so I'm pretty excited. I do think though that an orchestra of Blizzard music would be great.
    Seems more and more that I wasn't the only one.. Always felt embarrassed when people asked what I would like. Heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Never heard of them to be honest.
    Been trying to listen to a few Muse playlists, found at least one I like. heh.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, there wasn't actually one about this. There was one about lacking of and then the news one. Basically the same process when people take news and convert them in to discussion, you could use your question for them all.

Not sure I know a Zedd, though Deadmau5 has a few good ones. Not sure muse is edgy, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Never heard of them to be honest.
    That's like saying you've never heard of System of a Down, Metallica or Red Hot Chili Peppers. Not all the same genre but they're all super well known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Well, at least it's not Nickleback.
    Thank the lords, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    That's like saying you've never heard of System of a Down, Metallica or Red Hot Chili Peppers. Not all the same genre but they're all super well known.
    I think your examples are a bit more known than Muse, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should had asked System of a Down Reunion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The quality of Muse's output has plummeted in the last 8 or so years, but they're still a truly extraordinary live band, so I'm happy for everyone going who gets to experience it!

Not my cup of tea, but then again I got Weird Al last year so...
    Imagine the backlash if they went with a live Orchestra performing the tunes we've already heard in-game though... They'd go something like:

"Omg Blizz don't care they save money now on reusing their old music and paying some crappy orchestra for it!!!"...

My Stepsister who passed away 3 years ago wouldve sold her soul to go to that Muse concert!! She was such a massive fan of Muse and World of Warcraft so it pains me to see 2 of her favourite things coming together and she is not around to be there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Not my cup of tea, but then again I got Weird Al last year so...
    Imagine the backlash if they went with a live Orchestra performing the tunes we've already heard in-game though... They'd go something like:

"Omg Blizz don't care they save money now on reusing their old music and paying some crappy orchestra for it!!!"...
    You know, it is sad, but you might be right...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madeupname666 View Post
    My Stepsister who passed away 3 years ago wouldve sold her soul to go to that Muse concert!! She was such a massive fan of Muse and World of Warcraft so it pains me to see 2 of her favourite things coming together and she is not around to be there
    Sorry for your loss
    Everyone on the internet is a dishonest actor.