Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    It sure is. Tbh... I would have thought that all DE factions spread chaos.
    Considering how they are all about sacrifice, murder and whatnot.
    They do not, as a whole, worship Chaos, so there's no reason they should be spreading it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

It sure is. Tbh... I would have thought that all DE factions spread chaos.
    Considering how they are all about sacrifice, murder and whatnot.
    There was actually a storyline in the Warhammer background about a shadow war between Morathi and other Death Hags because she worships Chaos while they worship Khaine (the Elf god of blood/murder/war)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    AoS is a good game.
    Anytime I have to dump 3/4 of my army and retool it after spending a bunch of money on a past version. Then having to buy new things so I can play is not what I call a "good game". Its a money grab by GW.

Finished my first campaign as Tyrion. Will continue to actually conquer everything (not that much left) because why not, let's be superior elves. Plus maximum achievements in a single run. Game is good and obvious improvement over the first one, though there are things they can and probably will work on.

Black Arks are awesome but man, they require A LOT of patience, maintenance, and dedication to make them worth it. They almost manage to fall into the "Awesome but Impractical" category because of all the limitations they come saddled with.

That being said, even though it takes something like 40+ turns to fully upgrade one, once you do have a fully upgraded and manned Black Ark, that thing will utterly decimate enemy forces, and can make almost any settlement battle near the coast a complete joke.

I must also add that Malekith has some truly insane spells at his disposal. Granted, they're not exclusive to him for the most part, but damn..... Bladewind in particular is utterly devastating against the skaven. A well positioned Bladewind can completely shatter 3 units of skavenslaves in just a few seconds. (yes yes, I know Skavenslaves are the weakest unit in the game, and are meant to die in droves, but still man, we're talking about 3 units all at once, that's 540 soldiers dead in 3 seconds. Sheesh.)

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    They do not, as a whole, worship Chaos, so there's no reason they should be spreading it.
    But Chaos doesn't depend on what or whom you whorship. If you are suffering from a disease, that's Nurgle right there. It's not like you have to summon the powers, they spread on their own.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-10-03 at 08:55 AM.

But Chaos doesn't depend on what or whom you whorship. If you are suffering from a disease, that's Nurgle right there. It's not like you have to summon the powers, they spread on their own.
    Yes, but that's lore. If CA wanted to stay true to the lore, they'd need to have different kinds of corruption based on the action performed. Performing a huge magic spell or backstabbing an ally? You strengthen Tzeentch. Slaughtering prisoners after battle? You strengthen Khorne. Instead, they went (as they IMO should) with factions spreading the corruption type that is deeply entwined with their lore. It wouldn't make sense if the Empire, Helves or Lizardmen spread Chaos corruption just because they slaughtered prisoners or a disease erupted in one of their settlements.

Morathi spreading corruption doesn't bother me. She taking attrition damage from her own corruption does. Granted, this only happens if you play as Malekith and Confederate with her, as if you play as her from the start not only is she immune (and passes on that immunity to Malekith when you confederate him) she also has tech tree developments that help spread the corruption, and even the Death Hags have a unique effect where they also spread it if your primary faction is the Cult of Pleasure.

But if you play as Malekith and confederate Morathi, you just shot yourself in the foot, because now, all your lords spread corruption, as do your settlements, which will actually hurt you and your forces, morathi included.

IMO, when playing as Malekith and you confederate Morathi, either her corruption spreading gimmick should be disabled, or Malekith should inherit her immunity to it, as it happens when you confederate him as her. Getting one without the other feels like a punishment for something that should be a prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Anytime I have to dump 3/4 of my army and retool it after spending a bunch of money on a past version. Then having to buy new things so I can play is not what I call a "good game". Its a money grab by GW.
    While I understand your position, you also have to understand that WH Fantasy was dying. Hell, I would suggest it was borderline dead. Sales in stores didn't match up to even 25% of the WH40K sales. Those stores have seen an increase of 30% in sales since the release of AoS and I have recently put aside my WH40K to start with some AoS myself. You need about 75% less models to field, you can get a working army for ~60-70euro's. Previously you needed to spend hundreds, depending on the faction and playstyle. In fact, I have spent a total of 250 euro's last Sunday (including the start set), to get the entire paintscheme for my Tzeentch army. I can't even imagine how much money would have gone into it if we were still playing by the old rules.
    Game rules have been simplified, but not to its detriment, rather to its enjoyment. It's easy to set up a game and end it only one or two hours later. There is less discussion over the rules. There are less loopholes in the rules.

And on top of all of that, these new models are incredibly detailed with rich, varied, colourschemes and a distinct, more expressive, style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Yes, but that's lore. If CA wanted to stay true to the lore, they'd need to have different kinds of corruption based on the action performed. Performing a huge magic spell or backstabbing an ally? You strengthen Tzeentch. Slaughtering prisoners after battle? You strengthen Khorne. Instead, they went (as they IMO should) with factions spreading the corruption type that is deeply entwined with their lore. It wouldn't make sense if the Empire, Helves or Lizardmen spread Chaos corruption just because they slaughtered prisoners or a disease erupted in one of their settlements.

Now that would be cool, it'd make Sigma Priests and Witch Hunters and temples useful at least.

Now that would be cool, it'd make Sigma Priests and Witch Hunters and temples useful at least.
    Not saying it would not be cool, but the game would just be different then.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you can run nearly half your Skaven army as artillery because TMB and summon spells let you plug any holes that your Stormvermin wall gets makes me so fucking wet.

TMB on enemy artillery before it can set up, ensuring no counterfire against yours is also glorious to the extreme. Plays exactly like tabletop :3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    People thought they would be safe now?
    But there is a thundering noise in the background.
    Sound of wheels, chrome and horses.
    How could it possibly be... He truly is...

BEYOND OUR COMPREHENSION!
    2/10 too many horsemen, not enough chariots. Our Lord and Master Surtha Ek is displeased.

Also I'm hating these Vampires more and more. Here I am playing a new Warhammer game in the New World, with High Elves and Dark Elves and Skaven oh my, and I'm bogged down fighting stack after stack of the same old Vampire Counts that I trounced as Empire countless times. Would have really preferred to have the Tomb King lands be taken over by Greenskins and Skaven instead, at least these are fun to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    2/10 too many horsemen, not enough chariots. Our Lord and Master Surtha Ek is displeased.

Also I'm hating these Vampires more and more. Here I am playing a new Warhammer game in the New World, with High Elves and Dark Elves and Skaven oh my, and I'm bogged down fighting stack after stack of the same old Vampire Counts that I trounced as Empire countless times. Would have really preferred to have the Tomb King lands be taken over by Greenskins and Skaven instead, at least these are fun to fight.
    I dunno, I prefer fighting against the vampires, because at least then, when you fight an army, ALL of them die. Not one of them gets away, thus I don't have to wait precious time and movement points having to chase the remnants around, lest they replenish their numbers and come after me again. When fighting the undead, I know for a fact that when the fight's over, they're no longer a factor on the table.

This is one of the reasons fighting skaven can be exhausting and why I'm resorting more and more on just Auto-resolving any skirmish against them. They keep fleeing, and if enough of them manage to get away before I can murder them all, I have to fight them again, and again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I dunno, I prefer fighting against the vampires, because at least then, when you fight an army, ALL of them die. Not one of them gets away, thus I don't have to wait precious time and movement points having to chase the remnants around, lest they replenish their numbers and come after me again. When fighting the undead, I know for a fact that when the fight's over, they're no longer a factor on the table.

This is one of the reasons fighting skaven can be exhausting and why I'm resorting more and more on just Auto-resolving any skirmish against them. They keep fleeing, and if enough of them manage to get away before I can murder them all, I have to fight them again, and again and again.
    I just like seeing my Saurus get surrounded then rampage through the squishy rats.

I have started a Teclic campaign to vary things up as I usually do, and my word do the Swordmasters look cool. They have loads of unique animations, and their model is amazing. They also get 150+ kills in almost every battle too. Teclic is also a great caster, he has tons of magic, a very good selection of spells and a few Bound ones as well. Gonna have a lot of fun with him.

Also the Blood Pack can't be unlocked soon enough. Warhammer ain't Warhammer without blood gushing everywhere.

Sorry, but it appears that the chariots were...

repurposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Sorry, but it appears that the chariots were...

repurposed.
    0.o

CA weren't kidding when they said Rogue Armies would have wacky builds. The sheer amount of rockets must tax any PC.

0.o

CA weren't kidding when they said Rogue Armies would have wacky builds. The sheer amount of rockets must tax any PC.
    The bad part is the auto resolve for that kind of army is all jacked up in favor of the rocket spammer so you have to manually fight it. Easy enough just annoying.

To those of you that have completed a campaign, how many turns did it take? I either dicked off way too much in the early/mid game or TWW2 is meant to play out longer. Currently on turn 253 and I'm almost done with the DE campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Omerta26 View Post
    The bad part is the auto resolve for that kind of army is all jacked up in favor of the rocket spammer so you have to manually fight it. Easy enough just annoying.

To those of you that have completed a campaign, how many turns did it take? I either dicked off way too much in the early/mid game or TWW2 is meant to play out longer. Currently on turn 253 and I'm almost done with the DE campaign.
    178 turns for a vortex victory after conquering the Southlands with Kroq'gar on normal
    198 turns for a domination victory with Tyrion on very hard.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Omerta26 View Post

It's definitely meant to last longer. The shortest campaign I've heard about has been around 150-160 turns.

I've kind of abandoned my Kroq-gar campaign because I was just completely sick and tired of the vampires, now I'm turn 99 in a Teclis campaign on Hard with Very Hard battles, going strong as I spent much of it warring on rogue armies and Clan Pestilens, who confederated all the Lustrian Skaven factions as I demolished them. I ignored the rituals after the first, then I'm going to binge several of them once Pestilens is finally taken care of. After which I think my next opponent will either be Mazdamundi (easy enough, he has 9 settlements) or the Dark Elves (Heroic Mode, 56 settlements spread between Malekith and his mom). DEs are definitely the Dwarfs of this game, everyone reports that they literally always end up being a massive blob.

I've enjoy the HEs a lot. An early scout in Ulthuan gave me insane (6.5k now) trading income by buttering up and getting agreements with all the factions I could. Swordmasters are even more of an infantry blender than Saurus are, and Teclis just massacres blobs with maniacal glee. Also I'm about to get dragons which has me just giddy.