Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Imo they should've limited it to 1x dps legendary and 1x utility legendary equippable at the same time

this , so true

tinfoil hat: Quick, our forum needs more traffic. Make it seem like Ion said legendaries in Legion were a great idea! Its not like anyone listens to him ramble on for hours anyways!
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Not sure which one hate wow more, the mmo admins posting this stuff or the posters who misunderstand every single thing the devs say.

the problem is legendaries are replacing epics because of power creep and people wanting to get excited about gear, they decided to make everything epic so they were forced to put a lot of legendaries in as the new epics essentially.

a legendary should be a single item or set of weapons, your class/spec should get 1 at most per expansion and it should be a very powerful item that is unique and lets people know you're good at the game, they turned it into something everyone gets and helps somewhat but ultimately just becomes a requirement... they're just epics with an effect now, legendaries don't currently exist in wow and they haven't since fangs of the father, and even those were too easy to get in most peoples opinions.

none of this really matters much anymore though, the game is so far from what made it great at this point that you don't play wow if you're a fan of mmo's, you play it if you have nothing else to do and feel like you "should" play it because of how much time you've already invested into it. it's a mount/transmog farming game now with the occasional raid. i was around when cs 1.6 was dying and people wanted to hold onto it and pretend like it wasn't, wow isn't dead, but it's got the exact same feel as 1.6 on it's way out, the game will be essentially dead within a few years without major changes from blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with everything he said.
    Legendaries at the start were a problem, right now the variation is RNG is alright.

Not worse than it was in previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    How on Earth did you get anger from what he wrote? Guess you saw what you wanted to see.
    His very first sentence implied anger or at the very least annoyance by trying to project onto Ion instead.

On topic, the dps difference between legendaries at launch is not nearly as wide as it is now. Sure there are outliers, but that has always been the case with uncontrollable things such as stats where you had hunters for example that multistrike was something like 3x the value of other stats and you honestly couldn't control that either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    this , so true
    Problem is that thing you might call utility is not really utility on all fights. Movement speed on a heavy movement fight is dps, sephuz on a fight where you can actually land a cc is dps(sephuz is actually bis for a lot of specs for M+). Also the "utility" legendaries have been buffed to offer more stats at this point so that would then have to be reverted because the whole reason was to make them more lucrative in terms of dps compared to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    only one legendary gives talent.

Explain to me how to make legendaries not talent?
    They can of course be disabled in instanced content. So they're no longer talents where it matters, but can still be fun items for world stuff.

But really you don't need to make them not talents, just make them targetable. Every person will select what he wants, just like he selects a talent. The difference is that they won't be obtainable immediately.
    Not sure what gameplay purpose it serves to have them be completely random and so impactfull at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    People think there's nothing wrong with having your bis be dependant on a rng fest that could be months long... lol.
    It already is without the legendaries..... where's your full set of titanforged with socket gear?

Deleted
    I don't think you understood what he talked about. He said it wasn't cool to have an utility one vs 8% damage increase at random. He was talking about an environment where you have legendaries that shine in a very specific niche. I do agree it is more fun to see people with different legendaries and different situations where they are good at bringing utility to the whole group (requiring less healing, helping with movement etc) without it affecting their own personal damage directly.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I agree with everything he said.
    Legendaries at the start were a problem, right now the variation is RNG is alright.

Not worse than it was in previous expansions.
    You obviously didn't play them enough, if you still stand by your comment.
    /spit@Blizzard

Deleted
    The current system punishes FOTM-rollers, and gives baddies an excuse to underperform, whats not to love?

uhg legendaries were all just "fun" or balanced that would be ok. but as are no... its horrible.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

RNG is not a bad word.
    Go RNG yourself!

Legendaries were a good idea, i liked it a lot and still do.

Most of the time Blizzard has excellent ideas. And most of the time, they go half-throught them and it end up "meh". Fact is, making some legendaries a dps gain and some others fun/utilitary just screwed the whole deal, it's like, we don't know shit or give shit about how our community is working and is going to make us regret to the last bit that simple little mistake. That's cute and naive, like a kid that never learn that fire burn.

Next time, do no dps gain on legendaries, all fun, all life improvement and no fucking dps gain and EVERYONE, might end up happy of what they get (might is the key word, i know that if Blizzard doesn't fucked up theyr own good idea, the community will do it for them).

Deleted
    That sentence almost made me cry. I miss 4 more legendaries, including the 2 bis. I clear 2 raid every week, do every daily quest, world quests, run 2-3 mythic plus, world bosses,loot treasures. At this pace i'll get them by the end of the expansion and i can enjoy and play for a few weeks my class as it's supposed to. Meanwhile others are at the same place as i am, but because they won the jackpot on Ion's fucked up random legendary vending machine they get to play and enjoy it since months and multiple raid tiers...

It is broken when some people have all their class legendaries and some that RNG hates and stlll have 2 after months of playing

Yea he also said classes are balanced, thats why most mythic guilds are running with 7 druids and 5 rogues in 20 men raids (same shit in m+)

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see a problem with his statement. it's all true.
    If you want to target legendaries then what's the point of creating all other legendaries?

His point is valid, what blizzard aims to do is have certain legendaries strong in certain situations. for example you would want to use aoe legendaries for aoe fights or survival legendaries for cenarius style fights where survival is everything.

having an RNG system like this keeps the player interested in playing for the long term.
    Some specs such as the BM hunters can do well with any combo because they are so close in terms of dps that you can basically pick and choose what you would prefer, meanwhile, you have Sub rogues completely dependant on specific legendaries just so they can compete. People may claim that you need to have a good survival legendary just to stay alive like a prydaz on certain bosses but fights are never balanced around such a thing, because that would be retarded.

I agree with the rest of your points though, I wouldn't do half the content I do if legendaries were not a thing because the rewards are garbage.

The best thing they can do next time is not create any dps increasing legendaries and focus on utility, such as the heroic leap shoulders, 2 extra leaps is awesome and thats not going to break the game.

Paraphrasing what he said, basically: If the legendary system was good, it'd be fine.

Sadly it's not good and thus not fine. Gating legendaries behind RNG is stupid in every imaginable way. That's like randomly unlocking talents where 1 talent increases your damage by 100%, another increasing it by 90% and the other 12 give you a shield for 5% of your max hp if you fall below 3% hp - like, oh boi, looking forward to next expansion where this will actually be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkons View Post
    The current system punishes FOTM-rollers,
    Not in the world where guilds rather take rogue with crap legendaries than feral / survival / windwalker / enhancement with his BIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    His point was that if all legendaries were only utility, it would be good for people to have different strengths and weaknesses (Prydaz gives more survivability, while boots give more mobility), without having too much effect on your dps/healing.
    Still would be stupid, I bet the amazing dev team would come up with a raid boss where the extra survivability or mobility is not just a boon, but a necessity, and players with "wrong" legendary or without all of them to swap them around would be benched on the bosses where they don't have the suitable tool for the job. Pre-nerf mythic KJ showed us some of the ridiculousness when priests and death knights were race changing en masse to goblins in top end guilds. If you need a tool for the job, it should be a part of your class toolkit (like a talent for example), not a legendary, or worse, a racial.

It's not really "good" to give everyone incomplete toolbox and then let the raid leaders run around trying to find that one guy who was given that exact tool the current encounter needs. It's not even good for the guy who happens to get that tool in his rng box because now he knows he's not brought for being a good player but for having x item with him, it diminishes player agency and makes you feel like an extension of an item instead of a valuable team member. Kinda similar to a situation when a warlock is brought "only for summons", it's not like that warlock feels amazing about that... But we're talking about the situation when not even every member of a class brings that thing, just a random lucky person who got some legendary.