Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Gun control is important, so please use two hands when firing your magnum!
    Well said sir!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    They are so damn good looking. Went out with my wife for a drive today and she ended up buying a P250 of carry. I kept looking at the P220 line wishing I could justify it.
    i have no clue what im gonna go for next as far as a gun theres alot of choices but i may end up trying to track down another romak 3 PSL
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Anyone remember the Armatix IP1 smart gun?

Yea well apparently you can defeat its "safety features" with a $15 dollars in magnets; https://www.wired.com/story/smart-gun-fire-magnets/

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Anyone remember the Armatix IP1 smart gun?

Yea well apparently you can defeat its "safety features" with a $15 dollars in magnets; https://www.wired.com/story/smart-gun-fire-magnets/
    I was in the shop when a guy was picking one of those things up, horrid looking thing. Was a huge 22lr with a huge watch. Expensive too, but I forget how much.

The SilencerCo Maxim was neat, not Smart lock or whatever, but an interesting variation that'd make a nice toy if it wasn't so expensive.
    https://silencerco.com/maxim/
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Federal Court Strikes Down D.C. Gun Control Measure

Under a 2014 D.C. law, people have to show they have “good reason” to fear for their safety to get a concealed-carry license. But by a 2-1 vote, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia said that prevents most citizens from exercising their Second Amendment rights.

“The individual right to carry common firearms beyond the home for self-defense even in densely populated areas, even for those lacking special self-defense needs, falls within the core of the Second Amendment’s protections,” the judges wrote in the majority opinion.

The fight over the District’s efforts to restrict firearms date back to 2008, when a landmark Supreme Court ruling knocked down a 32-year-old ban on handguns in D.C., holding that the Second Amendment protects individual gun ownership. D.C. lawmakers responded later that year with a narrower law, banning people from carrying handguns outside the home. That law was struck down in 2014, and replaced by the current, narrower legislation, requiring that people prove a special need for self-defense in order to qualify to carry a handgun.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly agree with this ruling. States and local governments, do and should have the right to regulate gun ownership, but not to the point of denying a lawful citizen the right to exercise their 2nd amendment. However, will be interesting to see what would happen if this ruling is appealed and makes it to the Supreme Court, as earlier this year, they refused to hear a similar case from California which ruled in favor of the State.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I strongly agree with this ruling. States and local governments, do and should have the right to regulate gun ownership, but not to the point of denying a lawful citizen the right to exercise their 2nd amendment. However, will be interesting to see what would happen if this ruling is appealed and makes it to the Supreme Court, as earlier this year, they refused to hear a similar case from California which ruled in favor of the State.
    I think the general consensus is that the likelihood of this being taken up by SCOTUS just skyrocketed, which is fine by me.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    I researched the strictly tightened gun laws in Britain and Australia and concluded that they didn’t prove much about what America’s policy should be. Neither nation experienced drops in mass shootings or other gun related-crime that could be attributed to their buybacks and bans. Mass shootings were too rare in Australia for their absence after the buyback program to be clear evidence of progress. And in both Australia and Britain, the gun restrictions had an ambiguous effect on other gun-related crimes or deaths.
    Oh come on that's just rubbish. I mean, it's cool that you don't want gun laws in the USA, that's up to you guys, but trying to claim they don't work, or more comically that they don't work in countries where they have been proven to work and have made a observable difference to gun crime is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by sinelogixtech View Post
    Yes I support this move.
    But don't forget to support glorified gunplay by using your hard earned dollars to encourage Hollywood to churn out movies like John Wick. I mean cheering on a vigilante with a shit ton of guns murdering countless people isn't hypocritical or anything.

Right?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Oh come on that's just rubbish. I mean, it's cool that you don't want gun laws in the USA, that's up to you guys, but trying to claim they don't work, or more comically that they don't work in countries where they have been proven to work and have made a observable difference to gun crime is just stupid.
    No, he's actually right. The sample size is too small to gain meaningful data on the efficacy of the gun ban.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    No, he's actually right.
    No he isn't, he wasn't voicing an opinion he was flat out stating that in the UK gun control laws have had no measurable effect on gun crime or gun killings, both of which are completely false statements.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

But don't forget to support glorified gunplay by using your hard earned dollars to encourage Hollywood to churn out movies like John Wick. I mean cheering on a vigilante with a shit ton of guns murdering countless people isn't hypocritical or anything.

Right?
    Real and fiction are two different things, stop letting them confuse you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

DC isn't going to appeal the pro-shall issue ruling they just got hit over the head with precisely so that they don't risk a shall-issue ruling from SCOTUS.

No he isn't, he wasn't voicing an opinion he was flat out stating that in the UK gun control laws have had no measurable effect on gun crime or gun killings, both of which are completely false statements.
    Gun crime went down more in the USA in the same timeframe than it did compared to UK and Aus since their complete bans. The USA had higher before, and it's higher after, but the drop was more (percentage wise). Certainly eliminating all firearms didn't eliminate all firearm violence, let alone the transference of gun violence to other forms of violence.

It's been stated before, but most of the gun violence in the USA is gang/drug related. Proximity to mexican cartels has more effect than number of guns. Ignoring the borders and the crime that the guns accompany ignores the central issues.

I had a feeling this thread would pop up to the front page again.

I finally got me self a .22lr for cheap range shooting. The .303 hits the wallet a bit too hard.

$500 is high for a MP5 .22 but with the EoTech holo included I think it was a good price.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's been stated before, but most of the gun violence in the USA is gang/drug related. Proximity to mexican cartels has more effect than number of guns. Ignoring the borders and the crime that the guns accompany ignores the central issues.
    I wasn't saying you guys should should copy us, it's fine for you guys to do you, it's your country after all. I was just pointing out that what we did/do worked for us and worked well, and that dude trying to claim the opposite in order to back up his argument on US gun laws was just talking out his arse.

I wasn't saying you guys should should copy us, it's fine for you guys to do you, it's your country after all. I was just pointing out that what we did/do worked for us and worked well, and that dude trying to claim the opposite in order to back up his argument on US gun laws was just talking out his arse.
    The point is, the UK had lower numbers before their near complete ban. They've had various gun control for a lot longer than that. They also have that advantage of being an island rather than very long open borders. But, when the UK passed it's ban, over the next 20 years, the crime rate dropped something like 40%, but in the USA in the same time frame, it dropped like 45%. Or Australia, they are rightfully proud of not having had a mass shooting since they banned nearly all firearms, but they only had 2-3 over the previous 10 years. Following the ban, they had a bunch of arson mass murders.

So the idea that it worked for you is possible, certainly, but there were also a lot of other factors in the same timeframe that may have had more of an impact. It also certainly didn't eliminate violent crime, not that anyone thought it would. So a sample size of 1 "it worked here" doesn't really matter, overall.

Australia's the more interesting one, since like Canada/ Alaska, you probably do NEED firearms when the wildlife is active. I assume they all have levers, rather than semi-auto's, but because of a nutjob the semiauto's are completely banned.

Meanwhile, the rest of the EU has various levels of gun ownership rather than the near complete ban of the UK/Aus, but is their gun crime noticeably higher? Did the UK's ban really do anything more?

Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    I had a feeling this thread would pop up to the front page again.

I finally got me self a .22lr for cheap range shooting. The .303 hits the wallet a bit too hard.

$500 is high for a MP5 .22 but with the EoTech holo included I think it was a good price.
    What .303 you have? I went to a local dealer looking for a mauser and he had a rack of some damn nice affordable SMLE Mk 3. So I walked out with that. My only issue is the sights are off and I can't find a tool to adjust them.

I also bought a cz 455 lux .22. Best .22 I've ever shot. Put a Nikon Prostaff on it. I'm more partial to bolt actions. I will say that MP5 .22 looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    What .303 you have? I went to a local dealer looking for a mauser and he had a rack of some damn nice affordable SMLE Mk 3. So I walked out with that. My only issue is the sights are off and I can't find a tool to adjust them.

I also bought a cz 455 lux .22. Best .22 I've ever shot. Put a Nikon Prostaff on it. I'm more partial to bolt actions. I will say that MP5 .22 looks nice.
    I bought a No. 4 Mk. 2 that was made after the war sometime in the 50's. As perfect condition as you could possibly imagine. Probably sat in some dudes attic for decades in California until he died and one of his kids decided to sell it. I don't take it out much anymore because I don't want to put more rounds though it with how good it looks. I'll post a picture of it when I get home later tonight.

Besides that I have an SKS and a M1 Carbine which are "cheap" to shoot but nothing compares to the price of shooting .22.
    Last edited by Guy4123; 2017-10-06 at 12:13 AM.