Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    They do it already on the state level, and all of those issues I listed they have already restricted here in Tennessee. Your ideology is the progeny of Deep Southern Authoritarianism; it's the reason why we have the electoral college, the senate, and the 3/5th compromise. We conceded critical democratic principles with slave lords who had no interest in pursuing democratic ideals, just further subjugation and greed for their own interests. This ended up killing hundreds of thousands of Americans and putting millions of minority populations and immigrants into a civil rights stasis for over 100 years in the South and the West. Modern conservatism wants to ingrain even more authoritarian laws and amendments into the constitution to make it even harder for democratic ideals like proportionate representation, one man one vote, and the promotion of civic engagement as the forefront of citizenship. Authoritarianism has always been a curse on this country.
    Nice rant but you failed to show any sources that show Republicans wanting a Convention of States for any of the ideas you accused them of.

As a side note, you call it my ideology. I'm not a Republican other than by registration so that I can vote in a primary.

My belief is that we are country where the rule of law prevails. The Constitution is the highest law and it has the means to be amended. If you don't like a part of it, then put your money/time towards changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Again, hate speech is not free speech, its hate speech.
    Hate speech laws that include more than making threats are an abomination that should be done away with.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    Again, hate speech is not free speech, its hate speech.
    There is no such thing as HATE speech in the U.S.. Supreme Court has decided that already. The "hate speech" is a something created by universities, but has precendence in the laws of this nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Reason is a reputable magazine not a blog.
    Reason.com/blog

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    No, it doesn't.
    You're entitled to that opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    I do and especially i care a lot about personal freedoms, owning guns is one of them ( free speech is too)
    Shouldn't you oppose the Second Amendment on the basis of state's rights anyway?

But I appreciate you conceding defeat on the first point. It's your first step into a larger world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    The Republicans calling for changes are wanting to limit government power - mostly balanced budget type amendments. Democrats want to limit individual rights - mostly repeal their right to keep and bear arms.
    Well thats correct, my point being not that Republicans would limit power but that as it stands politically, the Democrats are likely never going to have the ability politically to amend the constitution the way that State Legislatures sit, where the Republicans are actually decently close to pulling it off (could effectively remove Presidents and evict states with that power)

wheres the mace, tear gas and tasers when you need them to use on these protesters when you need it?

BLM has become even more of a joke than it already was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    1) Op-ed on a partisan blog. Not being reported anywhere reputable.
    2) Not an example of infringing on free speech.

- - - Updated - - -

The US Constitution is in dire need of amendment, for the record.
    lol there's video evidence of it. Keep your head in the dirt and use fallacies and other bad arguments to ignore the truth. You're as bad as the family guy episode joked about:

HUR DUR there's video and pictures, but I don't like the source so it didn't happen. CNN isn't going to report on this because they are in bed with BLM just like they don't report on the massively more frequent white deaths by cop because it wouldn't further the BLM agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    LOL Yeah I can never tell when some people are being serious around here.

Fun fact - All white supremacist and "Nazi" group numbers have actually been going down continually for decades. This big increase in Nazis "empowered by Trump" just isn't actually happening when you look at the stats.

When papers say "the number of hate groups has been growing" it's mostly because of a massive rise in black separatist hate groups. They're now the largest subsection of group (outnumbering the KKK) and the number of different groups have gone up 60-70% in the past 10 years.
    1. Source.
    2. Empowered by trump doesn't mean their numbers are growing. It means they feel more comfortable talking about it in public now. Which is fact, they have said so themselves.
    3. Source.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    lol there's video evidence of it. Keep your head in the dirt and use fallacies and other bad arguments to ignore the truth. You're as bad as the family guy episode joked about:
    Ew you like Family Guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    wheres the mace, tear gas and tasers when you need them to use on these protesters when you need it?

BLM has become even more of a joke than it already was.
    I hope aimed at you.......since clearly your the violent person.

Deleted
    LOVE the fact that all the Liberals have now been labeled.

That's right, all you Liberals on this forum are now lumped in with all the Trump supporters - you are WHITE SUPREMACISTS!

Doesn't matter if you are black, white, brown, yellow...if you support Liberalism, you are a WHITE SUPREMACIST!

BLM has labeled you - and since most of you Liberals support that pathetic and racist movement - you must now atone for your transgressions. Just send a check or money order to Jesse or Al, that should take care of it. Consider it a down payment on your reparations debt.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-10-06 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Nah, some racism (against people of color) actually has effects. Some "racism" (against whites) does not. Besides twisted panties.

That's dumb. Language evolves. Has always been changing and evolving.
    Language evolves. Evolution, though, does not happen by one group arbitrarily declaring some words change their meaning overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    The first one is racism. The other is not.

Also, hurt fee fees aren't racism (if not part of larger oppressive system).

Because this is an English language board?
    So here we have it. We have the prime example of an idiot who's not here to convince anyone but himself there's huge issues. Racism isn't one-way deal. Unless you're eagerly trying to remove the white populace from the race category, you're quite literally committing racism. But you're too dumb to realize any of it. I'm often debating if you're just a huge troll.

All the same, the same can apply to hurt fee fees does not amount to racism for black people. Being called mean names such as "nigger" shouldn't be considered racist because it hurt their fee fees.

You're a such a hypocritical joke.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

The left created a monster that they can no longer control. Don't worry though the right will round them up soon enough, once again saving you from yourselves. Remember the road to hell was paved with good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    It's not the role of government to protect feelings.

Yet there's plenty of examples where the goverment will. Feeling harassed? Threatened?

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponizedPillows View Post
    Specifically relating to your hate speech argument, look up Jordan Peterson and what he has to say about Canada's own hate speech laws coming in to effect recently. Refusing to be forced to use transgendered people's pronouns is now hate speech. Talking about over-immigration of a hateful religion is now hate speech. We can't talk about real issues anymore, because anything that doesn't pertain to white people is off limits.

We have a serious problem in the west where we are mass immigrating actual bigotry in the form of a fundamentalist religion, and we're not allowed to talk about it because it's "hate speech". I'm not saying brown people are bad, mind you, I'm saying their values are not compatible with ours. Notice how in Europe they are literally having to teach these people that forming rape gangs is not okay? But if you want to reduce immigration, and only bring over those who would improve our country, you're the devil.

In Canada we also have an aboriginal peoples problem, the same way some parts of the US has a black people problem. There was a protest not long ago about how native peoples want better health care on their reserves. If you had your way, I wouldn't be able to point out that they want to stay separate from our society, but have all the benefits, which is ridiculous.

Freedom of speech is the most important right we have. The open marketplace of ideas is how we fight back against insanity like BLM and Nazis. As soon as anyone gets silenced, that power can be used against anyone else. The same way that as soon as violence is used against anyone, it is justifiable in return.
    Not sure where I suggested to copy/paste Canadian laws, it's an entirely different discussion since caopying Canada and Sweden imo is a terrible idea in many ways. We have laws against hate speech aswell, which do not give the same issues you personally seem to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    LOVE the fact that all the Liberals have now been labeled.

That's right, all you Liberals on this forum are now lumped in with all the Trump supporters - you are WHITE SUPREMACISTS!

Doesn't matter if you are black, white, brown, yellow...if you support Liberalism, you are a WHITE SUPREMACIST!

BLM has labeled you - and since most of you Liberals support that pathetic and racist movement - you must now atone for your transgressions. Just send a check or money order to Jesse or Al, that should take care of it. Consider it a down payment on your reparations debt.

[Infracted]
    BLM is rapidly destroying its own ability to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    BLM is rapidly destroying its own ability to be taken seriously.
    it never had that ability, from the instance it was created based on fabricated bullshit to now, they have never had anything worthwhile to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Except whites didn't invent any of the shit you claim belongs to all white people are responsible for. As to the value of what has been invented, well that certainly depends from where you sit making that statement.

Because most of what is claimed to be good or the best has actually managed to use up and come the closest to using up the very planet we have and destroying it.

But by all means keep taking credit for shit YOU specifically had nothing to do with, and trying to lean on an entire race as being responsible for all said accomplishments, and being to blame for all the negatives.

Like slavery, genocide, basically stealing other people's shit and putting another name on it.

Seriously you should probably just stop trying to help whatever team you think you are on in your head. Because the reality is you aren't.
    Whites invented EVERYTHING that makes the world what it is today. Sorry, but this is FACT. Others might have improved upon them, but the shit originated from a white dude / dudess. Let me enumerate some for you:

1) THE TOILET - imagine the world without it
    2) Electricity
    3) All the engines
    4) Trains
    5) Cars
    6) Planes
    7) Rocket / spaceship / landing on the fucking moon
    8) Tall buildings
    9) The fucking internet and all the computers

and so on and so on

Without the "evil white man" the world would suck ass, so for fucks sake, please, a little respect.

And no, I'm not "taking credit" for anything, I'm just stating FACTS. You really don't want a world without the white people, you think you do, but you don't

So next time you fucking cry about white people, because some particular redneck cop killed some black dude, you better stop and think about the other white people, that are not rednecks and trigger happy against black people, those white people that not only did not own slaves but died for the abolishment of slavery, and didn't do that so that the fucking ungrateful black offsprings of the same people they died for would try to shame the whole fucking white people for something that happened hundreds years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    it never had that ability, from the instance it was created based on fabricated bullshit to now, they have never had anything worthwhile to say.
    Oh, I actually took it at face value when it started. "Maybe don't shoot us please" is a message I can get behind.