Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    No, it isn't.

A lobster is almost literally a cockroach from the water, and cockroaches should be nuked on sight. Prawns/shrimp/crawfish are closer. Crabs? Those are decent folks, so at least put them in the freezer for 15 minutes before launching them into boiling water death.

- - - Updated - - -

Many foods should give you the same reaction. Like, how many people died figuring out which mushrooms we can eat?
    Frankly, a lot of things we eat give me pause. Who thought to eat eggs? Who decided to eat milk from other animals?

OT: I have never purchased live seafood for home use. The only thing I've purchased before was crab, which the store "took care of" for me.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account

Lobsters? We agree, fuck 'em.
    Well food is food, i don't really care unless the method of killing spoils the meat or makes a mess. You can also kill a lobster with a hydraulic press, he won't feel anything, but will not make a great cooking resource
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well food is food, i don't really care unless the method of killing spoils the meat or makes a mess. You can also kill a lobster with a hydraulic press, he won't feel anything, but will not make a great cooking resource
    Hammer, if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Frankly, a lot of things we eat give me pause. Who thought to eat eggs? Who decided to eat milk from other animals?

OT: I have never purchased live seafood for home use. The only thing I've purchased before was crab, which the store "took care of" for me.
    I give no credibility to Veganism for the sake of Veganism, but a Vegan friend once asked me why I don't drink squirrel milk? My only response was something like, I guess it's difficult to harvest?

I handle live seafood frequently... a picture somewhere of a crawfish bigger than my hand. We kept that one, named him Tim; one of the servers took Tim home and he's (she's?) still alive.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give no credibility to Veganism for the sake of Veganism, but a Vegan friend once asked me why I don't drink squirrel milk? My only response was something like, I guess it's difficult to harvest?
    Once i've experience the epitome of nature - i've fed a wild squirrel in the forest who happened to be pregnant (or extremely fat i don't know neither care), she was sitting on a small branch, which was bending under her weight, her saggy-squirrel-titties were showing and tilted to one of her sides, she was eating a hazelnut and pooping at the same time. God damn it if only i had a device that could take photos with me
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The reason it keeps moving is because it is still alive.
    Not necessarily. Residual nerve activity, muscle contractions due to temperature, and/or the fact that it's a fucking cockroach may all contribute.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so you like to eat seafood that tastes inferior?
    As I said, never done it myself, so I don't know. But I prefer them grant instead in the oven, so I doubt it would matter much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I don't cook them because I don't eat insects.
    Well it's a good thing lobsters aren't even remotely insects.

A cow is more similar to a human than a lobster is to an insect.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

WTF am I reading?

I am just wondering what other predator stalks the earth and then is supposed to somehow apologize almost constantly for what it is? Or perhaps pray to the spirit of the animal killed in gratitude and shame.

Humans are predators. We are the most frightening and cunning animal on the planet. Prey upon the weak. Eat their flesh. Make tools to make all of this shit even easier.

Apologize for nothing.

To answer the OP directly: you boil them alive and FFS do not overcook them. These things are bottom-feeders and deserve no mercy. Such a creature wouldn't think twice about carving out your dead eyes and popping them into its vertical gob.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You've clearly never had to be outside for any real length of time in the freezing cold without something to cover extremities. The cold hurts.
    Cold in weather conditions hurt, cold in a freeze where you have no wind and can sit down you will wall asleep and die. Nothing saying you will feel nice, but pain is limited if there is anything at all.

You are comparing freezing to death in water or outside to a freezer, it's not the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Cold in weather conditions hurt, cold in a freeze where you have no wind and can sit down you will wall asleep and die. Nothing saying you will feel nice, but pain is limited if there is anything at all.

You are comparing freezing to death in water or outside to a freezer, it's not the same.
    I'd surmise the lobster would suffocate due to the extremely low humidity in the freezer quickly drying out its gills before it ever froze to death.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Down in the boiling water, dead in seconds. Always done it that way because it seems to end it quickly.

I show them the worst movie ever, and they jump into the boiling water.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'd surmise the lobster would suffocate due to the extremely low humidity in the freezer quickly drying out its gills before it ever froze to death.
    I'm not even sure if suffocation is actually painful. In the end I think the fact we can think and know we are dieing is worse than the action itself...though I'd need to look this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Actually human brain evolved to not care about other non-relative (not speaking about blood relations, but friends and family) human beings. And to care even less about other animals.
    Healthy human won't give a fuck about random human killed in a bombing run somewhere in the middle east, and will give even less fucks about a dog can and a rat that were killed by same bomb as well. I mean, the fact of that happening is sad, but it won't affect you as much as death of close ones. It's a defense mechanism, if you would care about everyone as much as you care about your grandmother (the good one) you probably wouldn't even get into adult life
    Not caring as much =/= not caring at all.

Just sayin'. We're not enjoying life in a Western world with human rights thanks to edgy people turning their empathy off.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-06 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Thats lobster, not crawfish, totally different animals.

-edit-

Here ya go :

We were talking about lobster

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Lobster and crayfish aren't the same thing...

- - - Updated - - -

Comsidering how hard it is to kill a lobster it makes sense. The water kills them quickly while stabbing them often just causes pain which releases hormones and chemicals that ruin flavor and tenderness.
    Yes I am aware that's a lobster

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I'm not even sure if suffocation is actually painful. In the end I think the fact we can think and know we are dieing is worse than the action itself...though I'd need to look this up.
    It is a torture technique for a reason...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    It is a torture technique for a reason...
    For mammals

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    We were talking about lobster

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I am aware that's a lobster
    But my post was referenced, where I specifically said Crawfish, no where did I mention lobster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Don’t eat them myself but various people in field says lobsters can’t feel pain, they lack the nerve endings and die rather quickly
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_in_crustaceans Some light reading, so no one knows for sure
    They seem to feel something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    But my post was referenced, where I specifically said Crawfish, no where did I mention lobster.
    Then I publicly apologize