Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madeupname666 View Post
    My Stepsister who passed away 3 years ago wouldve sold her soul to go to that Muse concert!! She was such a massive fan of Muse and World of Warcraft so it pains me to see 2 of her favourite things coming together and she is not around to be there
    Sorry to hear. Then you better watch it in her honor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Well, at least it's not Nickleback.

- - - Updated - - -

Were they ever an "edgy" rock group?
    Touché.

Their sets are more Coldplay than rock lately, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sorry to hear. Then you better watch it in her honor.
    I bought the Blizzcon online ticket so i certainly will and thanks for your kind words.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool i guess, id rather have live orchestra doing soundtracks, would be more fitting.
    Something like this
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

It's impossible to get a band that the diverse crowd at blizzcon can all enjoy. I'm a teacher and I can't even get a classroom of 15 kids to agree upon music when we have study time, so really any band that knows how to perform in front of a big crowd is as valid as any other.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Eh, they're good but yeah, I don't think Blizzard has ever really hit the mark on musical performances at Blizzcon. At least it's not Metallica.

It's not that they aren't good bands (though Metallica is prettttttty cheesy these days), but they don't really fit the atmosphere IMHO.
    Tenacious D was IMO the best they've gotten. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grd6AXBK_Bc

wow ow wow wowo wow ow wooww ow ow owwowoww

Quote Originally Posted by Siffredi View Post
    They could invite a Band with at least one dedicated World of Warcraft player in it. For example George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher (Cannibal Corpse) told years ago about his WoW addiction ... but on the other side, the music won't fit. And when the concert starts with "F**K THE ALLIANCE" and announcing Songs will be "This next song is for all Alliance Players out there. F*****K WITH A KNIIIIIFFFEEE." - not a good idea. Are there other bands around with known WoW players?
    I think that Cannibal Corpse guy was there one year and he was banned from BlizzCon after he called the alliance a bunch of ... "insert pejorative against gay people."

Not bad, eh? Could be much and much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Imagine the backlash if they went with a live Orchestra performing the tunes we've already heard in-game though... They'd go something like:

"Omg Blizz don't care they save money now on reusing their old music and paying some crappy orchestra for it!!!"...
    Sad, but true

Never heard of them. And I'm a music guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Touché.

Their sets are more Coldplay than rock lately, though.
    DILEMMA!

I like rock! Also like some of Coldplay's music... so... I should be fine?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Cool i guess, id rather have live orchestra doing soundtracks, would be more fitting.
    Something like this
    Would love so, never thought there was so many in support of an orchestra playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    It's impossible to get a band that the diverse crowd at blizzcon can all enjoy. I'm a teacher and I can't even get a classroom of 15 kids to agree upon music when we have study time, so really any band that knows how to perform in front of a big crowd is as valid as any other.
    Made me chuckle a bit.. I have to agree with you. And I am not a school teacher, I sometimes teach adults and yet still they can't agree on lunch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    DILEMMA!

I like rock! Also like some of Coldplay's music... so... I should be fine?

- - - Updated - - -

Would love so, never thought there was so many in support of an orchestra playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Made me chuckle a bit.. I have to agree with you. And I am not a school teacher, I sometimes teach adults and yet still they can't agree on lunch.
    The "rock" aspect depends on if the band decides to play any of their rock-leaning songs, which has been more and more rare in the US as they lean towards very mainstream pop oriented tracks.

The band puts on a decent show, the stage show is usually flashy, and they still sound pretty good live.
    They have zero interaction with the crowd, which can lead to weird energy at the gigs, and it can feel kind of sterile, technical and corporate... which might be perfect at this gig, I guess.

You will NEVER get a band that 10% of people to agree with. I personally love Muse, but I get that it isn't everyone's cup of tea. I didn't like Liken Park that much, but I didn't bitch and moan and complain like some people are (See the facebook post for Muse announcement lol).

I'm not a fan of muse, at all...

I guess I could tolerate them if they were playing live but I wouldn't stay long

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have preferred classical music. Oh well.

Muse my favorite band, I wouldn't be more hyped... they are really good live, I don't understand people. But I guess you can't make everyone happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Though let's be honest the worst band they got was Blink 182.
    uh, wut? No they weren't the worst. It's just the crowd at Blizzcon that is the worst. I loved it when FF went, but again, the crowd was fucking dying, it's a gaming convention, not necessarily a rock/music show, but the bands are great and Muse is also great.