Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Golden hired by Blizzard, so they decided to ruin their lore.

Erm, I'd usually be the first to speak out against affirmative action... But I really don't see it here.

I also have to laugh at people who declare the lore will be ruined. Ship sailed long ago and not due to any reason such as this.

Look forward to seeing if Golden's hiring does anything interesting. I quite liked how she managed to get Anduin developed.

Personally I'm happy about Christie Golden being hired. I like her previous work.

Her Warcraft and Starcraft novels are pretty solid so I am happy with Blizzard hiring her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Golden hired by Blizzard, so they decided to ruin their lore.
    Blizzard has ruined WOW lore long ago and not because of Christie . Go educate yourself

the lore is terrible, hire whoever you want, it wont help.

that being said the mythic invitational is probably just 5man groups of druids.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Some of these responses towards Christie joining Blizzard are quite sad. Discouraging and toxic. She's already a punching bag a day after joining. Can't expect much from this community anymore, let alone these forums.

For a "talentless hack" though, she sure is working her way up in life. Doubt any of you naysayers could say the same. Hopefully she won't let the swarm of kids (by example of this posts replies) discourge and affect her writing.

Anyway congrats to her, i'm looking forward to see how she presents the story going forward =)
    Well said. And don’t worry you’re not alone. Many of us here, like me, appreciate and respect people like her and don’t bitch about everything.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    I'm confused, people are complaining about Christie Golden's writing, but have no problem with the cringe fest that the ingame narrative, voice acting and storytelling has become? How does that work?
    The crowd wants more Dadghar.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Still no fix for 7/8 lockout sharing in normal Dragon Soul? Jeez...been borked since 7.3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    the lore is terrible, hire whoever you want, it wont help.

that being said the mythic invitational is probably just 5man groups of druids.
    actuality no, alot of groups dont even have druids
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterakos View Post
    Blizzard has ruined WOW lore long ago and not because of Christie . Go educate yourself
    5mil+ playing a game = ruined? I xanr wait to ruin my own game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chris Metzen's rolling in his grave retirement increases, if he retired because he couldn't stand the way the writers were taking Warcraft I wonder what this would've done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Some of these responses towards Christie joining Blizzard are quite sad. Discouraging and toxic. She's already a punching bag a day after joining. Can't expect much from this community anymore, let alone these forums.

For a "talentless hack" though, she sure is working her way up in life. Doubt any of you naysayers could say the same. Hopefully she won't let the swarm of kids (by example of this posts replies) discourge and affect her writing.

Anyway congrats to her, i'm looking forward to see how she presents the story going forward =)
    People have disliked Christie's Warcraft work since Lord of the Clans but at least she was restricted in putting her own spin on things with that book. Since then they've been giving her more and more leeway with her writing with the books leading to some of the worse characterization of Warcraft Characters and plot threads people have encountered until it eventually culminated with War Crimes being a massive load of wishy-washy trash. So of course some people are surprised that she's got a permanent writing position there now and probably means she'll have some official involvement in the Warcraft lore and suggests they don't intend to just scrap the bottom of the barrel but go through it.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    I found War Crimes to be an alright book, the only issue I had was how Sylv's sister thought that by joining the horde she had to movie to undercity and somehow wouldn't get a free pass back to her home city of Silvermoon. Seemed weird. As well as Sylv going from sisterly love to full hatred after the plan was botched; however I blame more of the curse of the forsaken as it seems to amplify darker emotions in a person. The Wraithion's betrayal at the end seemed a little forced that really didn't merit worth as he never teamed up with Garrosh later, he wanted a super army too yet settled for a thunder heart and a legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Please tell me she isn’t on the WoW story team. Her bias and shitty redemption attempts towards Jaina are disgusting.

Turning Jaina neutral/“redeeming” her and forcing the horde to work with her would be a slap to the face for both her fans who like her batshit rabid personality and those who realise she’s crazy and want her dead.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-10-05 at 03:29 PM.

I've said for years, with the money WoW makes, they should hire some real writers for their stories, Metzen did well enough but he's not a trained writer. But Golden? Ugh.

I've tried to read Golden's work, and it's over-polished fan fiction. This is not a good sign for Blizzard that she's going to be directly involved with story and lore. Call me toxic or whatever, I don't care - I've seen her work, I was not impressed, and I don't look forward to the nonsense she'll add to Blizzard games.

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    I'm confused, people are complaining about Christie Golden's writing, but have no problem with the cringe fest that the ingame narrative, voice acting and storytelling has become? How does that work?
    Uhhm?
    Different people? Different opinions?

Nah sorry I forgot that the internet consists of 1 single astronomical hypocrite with millions of accounts and personalities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't get why a lot of people see Christie Golden as a bad writer.. I read the Shattering, Lord of the Clans, Rise of the Horde, and Arthas Rise of the Lich King. All of these books were really pretty good imo...yes War Crimes was not as good but still not as bad as Knaak tbh.