Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    I am not jaylock but on the few logs I have for my paladin https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...=dps&boss=2036 here is a fight where I sustain over 1mil dps without bis legendaries so ya. If I actually cared enough to log myself for every fight it would show that I do over 1mil dps all the time on bosses (cept for maiden because movement murders ret paladins dps)
    That's an aoe fight where about 25% of your damage comes from padding. That's not how people measure dps, you know.
    Like, my moonkin is sustaining a solid 3m dps... let's just not talk about that being on Sasszine and not, like anyone in their right mind would think, on something like at least Sisters.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    I am not jaylock but on the few logs I have for my paladin https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...=dps&boss=2036 here is a fight where I sustain over 1mil dps without bis legendaries so ya. If I actually cared enough to log myself for every fight it would show that I do over 1mil dps all the time on bosses (cept for maiden because movement murders ret paladins dps)
    Harjatan Divine Storm #1 nice log LUL

late to the part but this gives me hope!

Active Mitigation
    The challenge of tanking should have to do with the parts of tanking that aren't timing your active mitigation perfectly.
    The difference between survivability when your active mitigation is up and when it isn't shouldn't be huge.

RNG is OK, except when there is too much of it. And common, did they not really see at the beggining of the Legion that legendaries would make huge differences? That some simply sucked? That the obvious choice for DPS classes and specs would always be the dps increasing ones?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katskratches View Post
    "Does damage have to be the only thing that matters as far as balance goes?"

...uh yeah. Until classes get back their own utility that was pruned away, that's absolutely all that matters. Why want anything that doesn't top meters (or has cloak of shadows and evasion) right now?
    If you actually listen to the QA that's exactly what he's saying. That the teams were too focused on pruning based on keybind space and overall ability numbers and that they should have focused more on moment to moment decision making and utility.

He said he would like it if every class had some unique and valuable utility that they brought to a dungeon or raid, so that rather than homogenized classes by sharing the same utilities, they just always had their own opportunity to shine in every dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    If you actually listen to the QA that's exactly what he's saying. That the teams were too focused on pruning based on keybind space and overall ability numbers and that they should have focused more on moment to moment decision making and utility.

He said he would like it if every class had some unique and valuable utility that they brought to a dungeon or raid, so that rather than homogenized classes by sharing the same utilities, they just always had their own opportunity to shine in every dungeon.
    It only took them what 10 years to figure that out after they started stripping utility? lol

God I hate how out of touch blizzard is. For fucks sake guys.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    God I hate how out of touch blizzard is. For fucks sake guys.
    On what specific matters out of curiosity?

Ion "world bosses loot sucks like running old raids is bad, we dont want players doing that"

Ion "We're happy with how legendary drop rates have been"

kk.....

Regarding the artifact appearances, when they say "only the Mage Tower and Mythic +15 appearances won't be obtainable after Legion", what does that mean regarding the 3 additional colors for the mage appearance ? If you have the appearance unlocked, will you be able to work on the other colors post-Legion ?

I hate PvP right now and won't probably win 10 RBG in Legion, but maybe one day (who knows)

At this point, it's just hilarious how out of touch they are with the legendary system, they're like "we hear your feedback, but we're gonna continue doing our thing anyway!"

The team doesn't want you to go back and do old raids only for the hope of a legendary item.
    What a gem, I think two thirds (or more) of my legendaries are from zerging EN/ToV/NH

Random distribution of legendary items isn't a problem. There is something cool about not having the ability to choose a specific legendary from a list. Each person may have a different legendary, but those should be good in some different situations.
    Sure, let's ask some rogues/demonhunters/warriors/etc. how they feel about their "should be good" legendaries for example.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-10-06 at 05:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I said ALT paladin. That is my main. Plus I main holy. Good try though.
    You have 2 paladins?

"If you feel like you win/lose or are strong/week because of how the RNG falls is very unsatisfying"

Well when I have 6500+ attempts at a world boss mount then I am very inclined to agree that constantly losing feels very unsatisfying.

Also, to further add, their argument for why Krokuun and Mac'aree are not account-wide in world quests is stupid. "Oh the story and lore is going to seem weird". Well I did it once on a character, therefore I understand where and what is going on in the story in regards to world quests.
    Now I've done it on 10+ characters instead. I think I defs know what is going on in the story.
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2017-10-06 at 05:55 AM.

Rogues aren't asking themselves if they should Eviserate or use Shroud of Concealment.
    Eh, what??

Adding a 6th piece to sets gave players room for legendary items, but players can instead use a 4pc bonus, 2pc bonus from another set, and 2 legendary items.
    This maybe would have worked if we did not have the current crazy rng titanforge system.
    Last edited by Menz; 2017-10-06 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by girltoy26 View Post
    Most would disagree with you. Randomness is not fun or rewarding. Grinding the same WQ every day is not fun. Timegated content is not fun. Many enjoy alts but this is the most alt unfriendly xpac ever. Good luck trying to switch mains this expansion because if you don't have bis legendaries on your alt then you're dead weight.
    You're talking to Jaylock here. He picks an unpopular opinion and trolls you with it.
    Don't bother. He's just trying to trigger people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    On what specific matters out of curiosity?
    Legendaries?
    Did you not hear the guy talk as if the system is ok in any way?

Watcher has no clue what so ever. It's ridiculous.

YES! THEY ARE NOT PLANNING ON TAKING AWAY THE RNG!
    I was sure that they would give in to all the "BWAAAH I DIDN'T GET MY BIS LEG" whiners or the elitist raider "nobody should get good loot if they don't raid 4 times a week for 6 hours like me" whiners.

Legion RNG is the best thing this game ever implemented. More of my friends than ever before started playing wow during that exp and every single one of them absolutely loves the RNG elements.

My wish for the next exp is to introduce the Diablo set bonus system. This way set bonuses aren't just limited to one single raid instance and 1 single patch. You'd be able to get pieces from your favorite set no matter what activity you choose to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    After all the heavy criticism of the saturation of RNG in Legion, Ion's response is complete dismissal; adding "It's fun and exciting!" -- go suck a dick you fucking dead-eyed trout!!

Bet this asshole hasn't even played the game at all this expansion.
    I fully agree!
    Fuck me ppl with legit concerns are being wash away.
    I have gotten 1 "exciting" Leggo, and then it was nerfed the weeks after.
    And getting a 955 TF piece, and you cant Equipe it....like really?

Correction

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    "If data externally makes things look imbalanced, but internally the data shows everything is balanced, players will only have access to the external data and think things aren't balance."

Daydreaming vs reality....I love when Ion doing a Q&A and just prove the devs are far away from the real game and reality...

"The community perception of balance matters less than the internal data."

Yeah fuck real life logs....who cares?
    "The community perception of balance ends up mattering more than the internal data." is actually what was said. That it matters more than internal data, not less.

Deleted
    Connected Realms

Most of the work needed to allow new realm connections is now done! The team tested with some BR servers, found some issues, and fixed them. They are now talking about which realms to connect.

yes yes yes yes yes!!! Finally!!! Hopefully they connect Hellfire / Arathor EU to something decent , that way it might actually feel like an MMO again...

There won't be flying on Argus, because of how the environment is built. It is incompatible with flying.
    Incompatible with flying? Are you serious? The damn place is incompatible with running.