Poll: Will you?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachulius View Post
    A simple legendary token drop, where you go to the vendor and choose what you want, would fix sooo many problems and satisfy most of us. Min-maxers would be sorted and nothing would change for people that like current system.
    Probably the worst solution I've heard yet.
    It would remove all incentive for people to farm dungeons/raids (yes, farming is still core for RPG's and MMO's) and everyone would just sim/google what their best legendary is and pick that one.
    And it would make it impossible for blizzard to balance legendaries because after people have picked the legendary everyone would demand it stays as the top, otherwise everyone would have to start farming right as the patch hit (so it wouldn't even solve your problem. It would just bottleneck it to patch days).
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by madmonarch View Post
    It certainly matters much for minmaxers and anyone who realize their utility for the raid team. +1% dps can easily be that threshold to kill the boss. That's why competitive or completist players tries to sqeeze out every possible bis even if they play in more casual raid team. That's their fun.
    Yes, I perfectly realize that present TF and legendaries system with no caps on dungeon runs and dailies is great for laid back playstyle: "don't worry, be happy, you always get some reward for playing", but it's dreadfully devastating for those who compete.
    I don't want that constant rewards to go, I see how that returned fun and desire to play for majority of playerbase.
    But I really hope Blizzard will make some tweaks that would prevent the burnout. You know, like rested exp was introduced to prevent burnout (or even real death) from constant frenetic leveling - players who tried to push to the limits saw that while they can grind exp 24/7 they wouldn't miss out a lot if they log out. It wasn't a cap, it was an incentive to rest. Something like that can be implemented for AP/TF/legendaries and so on (yeah we have AK, but it's growth of 30% is too vague to say "oh fuck it, i'd rather farm those needed artifact levels two weeks later when i would need five times less WQs").

I want to not miss out if I don't log on today every day. I want to not miss out if I don't farm hundreds of m+. I want to be able to work toward desired gear by more skill-demanding activities rather than time-consuming, from the start of expansion, not near the end. It's not normal that someone can reach high ilvl just by playing for 10 hrs/day every day, it's dropping the significance of skill and raising the significance of time and luck. Imo that's why mythic raiding had been damaged another time (first impact was due to removal of 10ppl and roster issues du to jump from 10 minimum people for flex modes to 20 minimum for mythic) - there's plenty of skill but now the time and luck requirements came into play too.
    I feel ya, and even agree to some point. i think Warforged and Titanforged is kinda retarded. Receiving a Normal mode item that is better than your Heroic/Mythic feels incredibly unbalanced. Not to say unbalanced trinkets, like the Arcanosomething that is basically as good as almost every other 900~~910 at 860 ilvl.
    Even at Warforged and TItanforged, i could argue that even if those are removed, the RNG from having you BiS trinket being dropped from the boss is already a part of the game, and if removed it would be less fun. Which is basically the same thing, but you removed a chance of having a drop that is actually better than it's supposed to be.

However, that's it. if you are a competitive/completist player, then you should work hard for having everything, meaning you will do alot of M+ and end up having all legendaries, thats not bad RNG at all. If they remove the RNG from legendaries no one will ever buy and use the bad legendary, if they do that, then wouldn't it be better to just give the legendary bonus to our characters instead of making an Item that you absolutely need to have to be good and you can get it by easily doing a bunch of quests and aiming for it?

TL;DR: the only problem i see is how titanforged works right now, making your Mythic Gear worse than your Heroic gear shouldn't happen because you worked hard to kill the Mythic Boss and should receive a better reward.

If titanforged is meant to be, then it should at the very least have a system where if you already have the item that you just dropped from heroic titanforged, then the mythic one would always be titanforged as well, being at very least 5lvls more than what you have from HC.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

15+ Year Old Account
    I think all they really need to do is let you Obliterate Titanforged gear to get an item (Titanic Essence or whatever) that you can use to upgrade another piece of gear with a random Titanforge roll. So if you get a Titanforged Heroic, you can destroy it to roll the dice on your Mythic.

The higher the ilvl, the more Essence you get. Sort of split the difference between the current system and the old 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 upgrade systems.

And with Legendaries, the big issue is just that they shouldn't completely dictate your spec and playstyle. That way you don't get pigeonholed by them.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixon View Post
    Honestly I'd be happy enough with a mix system. Keep the current RNG system but -also- have a system that allows you to work towards a specific legendary and know that you can get your specific legendary in a reasonable time frame.

It's not like the current system isn't grindy as fuck anyway. Just that instead of hiding my legendary behind a few weeks of daily quests, it's hidden behind up to many months of farming m+ every day. On my feral druid it took me just over 2 months of daily farming to get the ring that I needed. I'd have been happy if, instead of the several hours I spent each day repeating m+, LFR, normal and HC raids, I just log in and do dailies for 30 minutes.

Hell, they have the emissary system now. You could easily expand it to the daily quest system where you're allowed to stack up up to 3 sets of daily quests for a given faction. To avoid the daily quest burnout of MOP where people felt overwhelmed with having 100+ daily quests to do every day, give players the ability to choose 1-3 factions to focus on and then lock them out of the other factions. Allow players to swap faction focus once every day similar to how you can swap champions in your order hall right now. Reduce the grind but also allow players to work towards their legendaries at a steady pace instead of having it be 100% random.

Either that or have legendaries be bought with a valor point-esque system that you accumulate any time you do content.

All I really want is for legendaries to either be removed or give players some agency in which legendaries they want to focus on obtaining. If I need a specific trinket I can go and do the raid/dungeon where that trinket drops. If a certain legendary is really crucially important to my class, I have to do random content that might not have anything good for me and hope that I get the legendary in a few weeks rather than in 3 months.
    Well I definitely agree that a system allowing you to at least minimally target Legendaries (maybe not a specific one, but like, narrow it down at least) would be an improvement on the current system. I mean, I've been fucked over by the system, don't get me wrong. Like I don't even believe the whole supposed spec-based pity timer is even true, or if it is Blizzard have fucked it up in some way (like maybe it's based on your base spec, not your loot spec, so when I was Veng and had loot set to Havoc, and got a Havoc Legendary, it reset the pity time for Veng - probably have a pity timer going on Havoc if so but I have no interest in playing that on the sort of content that gives Legendaries). So I don't love the system.

But "do dailies for 30 minutes"? I don't think that's realistic. You'd end up doing a whole lot more dailies every day than that - or even if you didn't, most other "serious" players (from semi-casuals to hardcore raiders) would end up doing a lot more.

Re: changing how DQs work, I dunno, that seems like it would frustrate the hell out of a lot of people, and still lead to burnout, and dead content in a way WQs don't. I think Valor-points-style system where accumulated points across a wide variety of sources (probably heroic/mythic dungeons, all raids, emissary chests etc.), with a (fairly high) daily cap to prevent burnout (I'd be targeting capping it at what you might expect to get from 4 hours of gameplay/day and probably make the cap actually work in a softer way - a bit like emissary chests do), and then letting you buy an item which gave a Legendary from a small selection (3-4, and probably make it so if you have a Legendary from that, you don't get it again, meaning at worst, you do it 3-4 times).

what do you mean if "RNG" stays tho.. WoW has always had RNG elements. From random boss loot drops to random number of herbs in a given node even quest mobs randomly either drop the quest item required or not. So ofc there still will be RNG in the next expansion.
    Unless you mean the current legendary system ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Well I definitely agree that a system allowing you to at least minimally target Legendaries (maybe not a specific one, but like, narrow it down at least) would be an improvement on the current system. I mean, I've been fucked over by the system, don't get me wrong. Like I don't even believe the whole supposed spec-based pity timer is even true, or if it is Blizzard have fucked it up in some way (like maybe it's based on your base spec, not your loot spec, so when I was Veng and had loot set to Havoc, and got a Havoc Legendary, it reset the pity time for Veng - probably have a pity timer going on Havoc if so but I have no interest in playing that on the sort of content that gives Legendaries). So I don't love the system.

But "do dailies for 30 minutes"? I don't think that's realistic. You'd end up doing a whole lot more dailies every day than that - or even if you didn't, most other "serious" players (from semi-casuals to hardcore raiders) would end up doing a lot more.

Re: changing how DQs work, I dunno, that seems like it would frustrate the hell out of a lot of people, and still lead to burnout, and dead content in a way WQs don't. I think Valor-points-style system where accumulated points across a wide variety of sources (probably heroic/mythic dungeons, all raids, emissary chests etc.), with a (fairly high) daily cap to prevent burnout (I'd be targeting capping it at what you might expect to get from 4 hours of gameplay/day and probably make the cap actually work in a softer way - a bit like emissary chests do), and then letting you buy an item which gave a Legendary from a small selection (3-4, and probably make it so if you have a Legendary from that, you don't get it again, meaning at worst, you do it 3-4 times).
    Either have specific daily zones open up each day (similar to emissaries), allow you to specifically target 1-3 daily hubs at a time, and then those hubs would be the only ones you had access to. So you have to deactivate one hub to activate a new one, and only allow you to deactivate one hub/day. Or just flat out have the emissary system apply.

I don't think people understand that WQs are basically just infinite daily quests. Do you feel burned out because you have to go and do every single WQ that spawns on the map? No? Then why would you feel burned out by having to do every single daily quest? The logic just doesn't follow to me. As if the exact same content gets so much more tiring just because you need to talk to a guy with a blue exclamation mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Absolutely not. Blizzard keeping the ridiculous RNG despite the very clear reaction by fans, would be them exclaiming loud and proud that they do not give a damn what their fans think.
    What fans? Few loud people on forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    RNG has been the crux of WoW's loot system since Vanilla. This question would've answered itself come expansion #2 if there was a large consensus that RNG doesn't work with WoW's formula. This just sounds like a complaint hidden as a question
    Complaints hidden as questions is what most threads here consist of...
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixon View Post
    I don't think people understand that WQs are basically just infinite daily quests. Do you feel burned out because you have to go and do every single WQ that spawns on the map? No? Then why would you feel burned out by having to do every single daily quest? The logic just doesn't follow to me. As if the exact same content gets so much more tiring just because you need to talk to a guy with a blue exclamation mark.
    People understand perfectly well.

They are not "infinite daily quests" (they aren't infinite for starters - unless you play all day long, you probably see less for a single faction than you did for a lot of factions with Daily quests). There are three huge differences and one small one from Daily quests, that I will explain so you can understand:

1) WQs award relatively small/tiny amounts of rep individually. This is a stark difference from Daily quests. This means that unless you are an ultra-OCD rep-grinder, there's little benefit to doing most of them if they don't benefit you in other ways. There are some worth more, but the big rep reward is the Emissary chest, not the WQs.

2) WQs award actual items and resources when you actually do them. DQs, typically, award nothing but rep/tiny amounts of gold (occasionally consumables or mats or the like). That's a very big difference, especially combined with TF/WF. You're actually getting something for your work, not working towards a potential future reward.

3) Due to the way WQs work, rep-gated items are no longer anywhere near as vital. All of them are things you can wait for (or could when that rep was current content). None of them are things you, individually, need to raid or the like. It's nice-to-have stuff, not vital stuff. It's unlikely that anything on them that's gated at Revered or above is actually an upgrade by the time you get it, and this has been true since day 1 of the expansion.

Those are huge differences. If you don't acknowledge them, well, that's on you, because they matter a lot to the actual experience of WQs.

And the other, smaller one mechanically but big experientially:

4) Immediacy. WQs are immediate in all ways. You get them immediately on entering the right area, and when you complete them, you immediately receive the rewards. This removes a great deal of back-and-forth tedium and so on. You can dismiss it, but from a design perspective, and a player perspective, it's big, and Blizzard know it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post

- - - Updated - - -

So a player/guild that can't kill the boss in progression in fully gemmed/enchanted gear is screwed as the only way to get better gear is to kill the boss they can't because they lack the gear?
    Okey since I believe you are kind of new to the game. Before WoD we had enchants and gems on ALL items, no one complained back then that stuffed were to hard to complete.
    If a boss has to much they'll reduce the health of the boss..

I can't be the only who liked when you got a item that you had to enchant and pick out the best gem/s for the slot, now you just get an item and equip it, yey fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    ...or if it gets worse.

And by this I mean the increased RNG of Legion. Not the RNG we had from the beginning.
    People like you have ruined the game. All you expect is the silver spoon and gold lined bib for Blizzard to feed you everything you want. Quite your impetuous whinning, if you don't like rng and the chance of gear then quit and play games with console commands.

Deleted
    QUICK RECAP FOR LAST MINUTE BONOBOS

1) RNG EXISTED SINCE VANILLA AND NOBODY BATHED AN EYE WHEN LEGGO/TF/WF WEREN'T THERE.

2) RNG IS FINE, BUT BAD RNG IS NOT, HENCE TF WF AND LEGGO NEED A TWEAK.

Therefore, RNG isn't the problem ATM but the layers of RNG and BAD RNG mechanics : ex = here is an useless leggo, see ya next month for another one or a useful one.

Once again this can be fixed in various ways :

A - Making RELEVAN leggos be GATED behind some absurd skill-cap quest like Artifact Mage Tower or Vanilla Epic Quest or Green Fire quest.

So basically you get leggo if skilled, otherwise GIT GUD

B - Making ALL LEGGOS to be like PRYDAZ with *UTILITY* effect rather than "THIS SPELL NOW DEAL 4 BILLIONS % DMG EXTRA"

ac for justice
    Last edited by mmocbfa8dc246d; 2017-10-08 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Okey since I believe you are kind of new to the game. Before WoD we had enchants and gems on ALL items, no one complained back then that stuffed were to hard to complete.
    If a boss has to much they'll reduce the health of the boss..

I can't be the only who liked when you got a item that you had to enchant and pick out the best gem/s for the slot, now you just get an item and equip it, yey fun..
    You still gem, it's just that gear doesn't come with fixed slots. You still enchant, just less pieces. You never 'picked out', as you knew exactly which gem you needed for a certain colored slot. Same with enchants, purely programmatic. In fact, the gearing game and the decisions have never been more complex than they are in Legion. Goodbye Bis checklists and simple stat stacking. Hello 'Is that an upgrade? Just Sim it'. And as for waiting around for a nerf? at least now if you don't like to wait you can do something about it and farm like crazy.

Things that need to be removed for me to stay:

The extreme RNG
    The Legendary system
    WF/TF system.
    M+ loot system.

I really only like to raid nowadays. With the way the game is, i have to stay logged in 24/7 to try and get that best drop ever. This is not Diablo. Remove all things diablo. If i wanted to play Diablo i would. Keep it out of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    A - Making RELEVAN leggos be GATED behind some absurd skill-cap quest like Artifact Mage Tower or Vanilla Epic Quest or Green Fire quest.
    So basically you get leggo if skilled, otherwise GIT GUD
    Lol. Like tax breaks for the rich. The rest should just hope for a 'free carry'? Trickle down? Riiiiight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I like that I'm not a mythic raider and I am as geared as a mythic raider, I like my big numbers
    And this is why the RnG needs to go

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why? I'm not gonna get cutting edge just because I do as much damage as a mythic raider

But you are saying the RNG is good because it makes you do a lot of damage. If thats really the only good part of the RNG then it in no way makes up for the bad parts

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the RNG hate except as a way to strawman an argument about Legiondaries.

So in a word, yes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The RNG isn't even in the top10 of ways they have already screwed up the game, so sure, I'll keep playing in whatever amount I feel like.

Lets see ill just roll this 20-sided die and let RNG decide if Ill play.