Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Really the biggest disconnect in my mind is how players during testing say " X is going to be a problem ", they disagree, X becomes a problem and then we sit and watch as they spend the entire expansion slapping bandaids on something rather than actually fixing the problem. This isn't new to Ion and this batch of Devs, it's been going on with Developers since this type of gaming started.

Legendaries are a good example. When they introduced them in Beta people told them it was going to cause problems. In fact, some people were even praying they cut them altogether. What did Blizzard do? Absolutely freaking nothing. Eventually they started slapping bandaids on the system rather than fixing them. What should have been the solution? Change all of the DPS ones to Utility. They are stats, they adjust them on things all the time, so they could have actually solved the problem easily. But they didn't. Why? Because it is someones pet project, and when Blizzard gets one of those not even an act of God will get them to change it most of the time.

Don't get me wrong, players can fuss about some pretty petty things, some of them things that they are basically forcing themselves to do. However, there has been more than one occasion where Blizzard just goes full bore on an idea even if the players give them some very sound reasoning. That's where the disconnect and frustration comes in.

Players may not know how to code, but you don't need to know how to do that to know you aren't enjoying something.
    Worse is when they admit it was a problem next expansion, and go the exact opposite in the worst way possible. They always do it, too. They always go ALL in on something stupid, then go crazily all out on it next expansion. They're like, allergic to being in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    And then he gets that question. That one stupid motherfucker who says he can't PvP on his alt cuz all his prestige is on his main.
    So I understand your main came with lvl 50 prestige right off the bat? And this is what enables you to queue for BGs?
    No you stupid fucking cunt, nothing prevents you from doing PvP on your alt with no prestige, why would you even say that?
    The problem is when you attempt to make a well thought out post, but then immediately insult others because they have a different view point than your's especially when you don't understand the original question. You can't get mad at others for the same thing. No, being a game developer doesn't make you understand things better. There were some questions Ion answered that weren't even close to what the original question was. Such as can we have all the irrelevant world bosses up at once now? He took it as "Can you update the loot on all the world bosses?" That wasn't the question at all.

Now for the part I quoted. Your entire statement wasn't even close to the person's comment. The person's comment was this:

Can Prestige or cumulative honor be account wide? Sucks I can't pvp on an alt as it hinders my mains growth appearance wise
    Source = Timestamped at 59:44 for easy clicking

Now let's look at this. No where did they say their main started at Level 50 prestige. No one said prestige is required for PvP BG Queueing. No one said having no prestige on an alt prevents them from PvP'ing. What the person is saying that every bit of honor they are earning on an alt could be spent earning it on their main to progress prestige unlocks. By pvp'ing on an alt it hinders their ability to progress on their main so what is the point of grinding out your main just to swap to an alt and have it all halted?

If your main is at Prestige Level 5 and you get to Prestige Level 3 on your alt that means you could've spent the same time on your main and been Prestige Level 8. Meaning you would have a new artifact tint opened, pet and toy and been closer to your 3rd tint. Instead you wasted the time to work an alt so it's punishing those who want to play more than one class in PvP. In a game that encourages multiple classes, yet wants to hinder you from progressing on your others if you want to play an alt.

No, not everything should be account wide, but some things. For PvP that should be your titles, rewards, etc. Ion uses the statement of "You can look at someone and know they spent time on that toon". In a battleground or Arena you aren't always going to hover your opponent and check out their Prestige level and go "This guy knows what he is doing!". You can't look at visuals and get this information either.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    You don't need BiS leggos on your alt to make them 'viable' you're not magically going to find 800k dps from 2 bits of gear, I think if you're doing less dps than a healer is able to there's likely other avenues you can use to greatly increase your dps.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/123560/13#difficulty=5&class=Druid&spec=Restoration&metric=dps&boss=2032 - Said healer DPS
    Sorry but haven't seen a healer doing 800k dps unless we are talking about method here. And I can play my warlock with legendary percentiles, I am pretty sure I know how to press my keys. Sure, I don't even have 2p on pala, my secondary stats are all over the place, and I have aoe trinkets, as well as missing two good legendaries. I am 925, and I feel as strong as my warlock was with freaking 900 ilvl, 4p, ok stats, and her BiS leggos back in Nighthold. And fuck the viable, I am talking about playable. It freaking sucks to go from really high burst/ST to super rainbow noodle attack.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klanker5 View Post
    I'm not a game developer, but if my players kept playing my game because they were frustrated, i would ask myself some questions.
    I do have a question though, what kept this game alive in vanilla ? BC ? Wrath ? MoP ? WoD ?
    Was it farming 2000 dungeons in 6 months to get the right legendary ?
    Was it clearing Molten Core to get items that were higher item level than Naxxramas ?
    Or was it because the game was fun and rewarding without it becoming a series of coinflips à la Hearthstone ?
    ^^^this this this this this.
    Ion said it yesterday, loot was a whole more scarce back in the earlier expansions (ala the raid lockouts... ala the only way to get higher lvl loot was by doing hard content). I think they tried to make legendaries relatively 'scarce' to keep them 'cool', but its PURE rng. PURE. there is no 'direct' path towards a legendary WHATSOEVER. rng is fundamental to the game, i agree. BUT very rewarding, high ilvl, sought after gear just POPPING OUT OF THE AIR??? not fun.

on a side note:

I say: make loot scarce again.
    scarce loot = more value on loot = feels more rewarding to get loot.
    i could farm argenite forever and be semi-satisfied because i get the purps that can titanforge to higher levels. before, unless you where proactively working towards getting better gear, you couldn't get it through 'easier' means. i can get raid tier trinkets by putting on music and farming argenite every day, lol... i just have to go to a vendor and go 'ooo wonder what i get now' (vendor rng lol). ppl go the more efficient route a lot of the time, its just nature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    "If you aren't having fun doing content, you should take a break. You shouldn't feel the need to go back and do something that you don't enjoy."
    But it's not that simple.

I will never ever get into a raid because I cannot keep up with the grind anymore. So, no raiding for me, which has been one of my favorite activities since late Classic.

If you miss out some PvP WQs, you cannot catch up on them. They are just gone. So you yield less honor per week this way, and you cannot do anything because there also is a diminishing return in BGs and such. (And I will never ever set foot into Arena because that's not fun for me.)

If you don't do Pathfinder, you will not be able to fly in the Broken Isles. There is no alternative. So, you better enjoy Loremaster, rep grinds and WQ grinds, if you want to get flying which you enjoy.

If you don't do Argus, you will not get a crucible, which it at least a flat 15 item level decrease for your artifact. And if you don't farm reputation for a faction with a fraction of world quests compared to the other faction, you will not get your whistle upgrade for Argus. Nice move there.

And this are only some examples where you are required to do things you don't enjoy which are only marginally connected to the things you enjoy, if at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    ^^^this this this this this.
    Ion said it yesterday, loot was a whole more scarce back in the earlier expansions (ala the raid lockouts... ala the only way to get higher lvl loot was by doing hard content). I think they tried to make legendaries relatively 'scarce' to keep them 'cool', but its PURE rng. PURE. there is no 'direct' path towards a legendary WHATSOEVER. rng is fundamental to the game, i agree. BUT very rewarding, high ilvl, sought after gear just POPPING OUT OF THE AIR??? not fun.

on a side note:

i could farm argenite forever and be semi-satisfied because i get the purps that can titanforge to higher levels. before, unless you where proactively working towards getting better gear, you couldn't get it through 'easier' means. i can get raid tier trinkets by putting on music and farming argenite every day, lol... i just have to go to a vendor and go 'ooo wonder what i get now' (vendor rng lol). ppl go the more efficient route a lot of the time, its just nature.
    If this loot would be more useful, then I would be all in. We currently have a huge problem with how fast gear is replaced, and also with how many useful items you get between some useful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Worse is when they admit it was a problem next expansion, and go the exact opposite in the worst way possible. They always do it, too. They always go ALL in on something stupid, then go crazily all out on it next expansion. They're like, allergic to being in the middle.
    Oh their swings are legendary at this point. Everyone knows if the needle is one way it will be in the complete opposite direction in the next. One of the few I've seen them get right was the class hall thing. It's useful like Garrisons, but not so much so that you feel like you just need to do it on every single character every day, or at least I don't.

The WoW fanbase is one of the most childish fanbases I've ever seen. Even when things are the absolute worst (WoD) they take it too far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to me the problem is what I notice alot on this board, people thinking their way of playing(often raiding) is the only thing that matters and the entire game should revolve around it. So in their mind when Ion says anything other than "RNG is shit" he's wrong.

Anything other than what they think he should be saying and he's being asinine.

I completely understand what you mean, with people complaining about RNG and then crucible comes out.
    But people think it goes like this:
    1. Players try the game.
    2. They see the amount of RNG and tell blizzard about it.
    3. Blizzard starts working on crucible.
    4. Blizzard release the patch with crucible in it.

While in fact it goes like this:
    1. Blizzard starts working on crucible
    2. The game comes out, they are still working on crucible among many other things.
    3. Players try the game. Crucible is deep in development.
    4. Players complain about RNG. Work on crucible is mostly done.
    5. All the feedback about RNG makes Blizzard see that Crucible wasn't such a good idea but now their only 2 option is to release the patch without this feature and nothing to replace it, or just keep it for better or worse.
    6. The patch comes out with Crucible, bunch of people flip tables.
    7. Blizzard sees the pros and cons and realize that if they released the patch without crucible there wouldn't be much content and different (or the same) people would be flipping tables about lack of content instead of RNG. They'd rather have content and complains instead of no content and complains anyways.

Now as I said, I don't work for Blizzard and don't know the exact time it takes them, but based on my experience it's not a "couple weeks" kinda task. That stuff was in the pipeline a long time ago, no one announces stuff before they work on it (TBH, they don't announce anything before it's basically done).
    But basically what I'm saying is, feedback is a long term thing, and if as you said there was a lot of hate about RNG and legendaries, we can expect the next xpack to have way less of it, because it takes that much time.

Another quick example, people complained about the garrison, but the shipyard was released after, same issue, it was already almost done when people cried about garrison, they have no choice. But look at Legion, way less garrison stuff, they did listen to feedback but it just takes a lot of time to get that kind of change in the pipeline.

- - - Updated - - -

I had completely forgotten he said that until I read your post lol. Probably the most honest and true to himself thing he said.
    Except we know for sure that's not true regarding Crucible, because we saw the previous iteration(random 2nd trait), told them it's shit and then they started working on Crucible as the second iteration that we got to see. They were again told it's shit, but went through with it anyway, rather than taking in feedback and changing it(like making the T3 trait replace the base trait, so it still makes shit relics better, but doesn't at the same time make good relics worse)

- - - Updated - - -

We're basically just playing with words here and maybe I'm not explaining clearly.
    The legendary system is just how we get them, by playing, they drop, like any other item.
    The stats on the legendary are not the system, it's something different, designed by different people.
    The problem we have right now is this: blizzard wants this system to keep players playing, to have this fun of hunting items like we did since 2004, but now with more specific items that feel special among the normal drops. So far there's nothing wrong, and that's the system.
    Where the issue gets serious is when someone gets a shit legendary and they know they won't get another one for a while so they feel stuck with "something that could have been good but is not" while someone next to them got the right now.

Now imagine the exact same system but there's only utility legendary. You get one, you're like "lol coolz yo" and you ask the guy next to you and he says "yo bro check this out" and you both get the same amount of dps out of it, no one has any insane advantage or real BiS. In the end all legendaries would look useful and fun to use in certain situation because of the utilities they bring but your dmg wouldn't change.

The system is okay (other than shitty alt catch up mechanic but if all legendaries are utility, with a bit of drop rate boost it would be a non-issue in no time)
    The items themselves are cancer
    Even utility legendaries wouldn't be balanced, as much as Blizzard would say they are. Utility is part of balance, hence why rogues get multiple raid spots every tier even if their DPS is complete trash. Having that type of high-impact item(regardless of whether it's utility or throughput) be a complete random drop with no way to specifically farm it or even track your progress towards one is not "fine".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Until people start whining that you can get more dps with prydaz because it allows you to stand in more shit every 30sec.
    This is mmo-c only whiners and people WHO think they are not whiners but really are is here.

Me included.
    It's almost as if even utility legendaries wouldn't be balanced and there'd be some that are better than others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    "If you aren't having fun doing content, you should take a break. You shouldn't feel the need to go back and do something that you don't enjoy."

People just don't understand this simple line and I'm glad they have the balls to tell it like it is. Most players are incapable of understanding just because they pay $15 a month doesn't mean Blizz is going to design and cater the game to your liking just because you whine and cry.

Blizz is basically saying to all those that don't agree with their vision for their game "go ahead and leave we don't need you or your money." By the way it's not the first time they have said it so it's not like he misspoke that is clearly their mentality at this point.

And why is that? Simple, they know and have the hard numbers on the level of engagement with the content in legion and they know the vast majority of the player base is fine with the game.

Because of that reason they are just going to do more of the same so if you have a problem with legion prepare yourself to have a problem with the next expansion as well.

Another thing Ion mentioned was the "raid or die" comment. That's what WoW used to be and they clearly did not like it so they have steered away from that game design completely and I doubt they will ever go back.
    Participation in content(or "engagement", as you call it) is a terrible way of measuring how good it is. Just because people are still running EN, ToV and NH to this day doesn't mean they want to or enjoy it, they do it because it's by far the best way of farming legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

And these dumpster specs are dumpsters for many reasons including tier sets, their whole balancing job will go out the window once people are in T21, so like he said, balancing right now is pointless they would rather balance after a few weeks in the raid.

Like he clearly stated the reason and it makes perfect sense I don't know why you're mad about this.
    They have a PTR specifically for getting that data and at least trying to balance stuff before it goes live. This constant whining that they need "live data" is bullshit, when PTR/sim data has consistently shown to be right regarding most of the specs that would be broken, as much as Lore likes to passive-aggressively tweet about how it doesn't. Or are you going to claim that (for example) Arms is balanced on live? Because spoiler, it isn't. It's blatantly OP and they were told that even on PTR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    A lot of people lack even a basic idea about the game development pipeline, and you can usually tell who because they have the oh-so simple solution to every problem that companies actually working within the games industry face.

We can contest decisions and debate ideas, sure - and we can be critical. But if it's all so easy and obvious to fix, it begs the question of why genius keyboard warriors aren't hired as lead designers of games, themselves, if it's so easy. Maybe if they shared this secret knowledge of how to easily do all these things, games everywhere would be better for it.

Also, all these people who say design decisions are being done as a business decision or to please shareholders or something, hang your head in shame for making such an embarrassingly obvious point and trying to pass it off as something that means anything. Blizzard makes games as a business - of course they need to make money. It's a moot point. Making out as if Blizzard is holding back on making the game better as part of some grand business design is laughable, too. I'm pretty sure most game developers know that the best way to make money from a game is to make that game good. Everyone just has different opinions on what 'good' is.

To be honest, I applaud Blizzard's willingness to be open with people as much as they are. There are frequent Q&As, there's often news and involvement and communication that other games developers simply don't provide. With all the toxicity and hostility games developers get these days, though - death threats from impatient children and useless misinformed commentary from know-it-alls and would-be pundits, I can understand why other companies don't, and why Ion is getting blame - because it's him who's having to open his mouth to tell the players what they don't want to hear.
    Ion is getting the blame because he's literally in charge of the game, so in the end everything is his call. Which is unfortunate, because he did a great job with raid design when he was lead dev on that, but then he got promoted into a role that doesn't seem to fit him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I'm not twisting anything you said.

You came into a thread about the response to the Dev Q&A, and brought up passionate gamers.

Do you have an example of a 'passionate' gamer responding to the dev Q&A? Or are you saying the response to the Dev Q&A has instead been by passionate gamers instead of the vile swill that the OP is talking about?

If it is the first, you have yet to provide it, and your response is better off blank than there at all.

If it is the latter, you're incorrect, and I can indeed bring multiple examples. (Cowdog included - He's usually anti-fun and pro-dev-complaints, seeing as he thinks Ion has a hard on for specifically targetting and destroying every bit of the game he enjoys)
    People wouldn't be getting "unreasonably angry" if they weren't passionate about the game.

- - - Updated - - -

the problem is that any attempts to understand the point of view of blizz and their limitations/reasoning leads to 'blizz shill' 'ooo blizz can do no wrong'

so

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    you cant catch'em all

(as a side note, id hope everyone already DOES the stuff OP just wrote about. right?? everyone tries to understand eachother?? logical thinking??? anyone??? ok..)
    Hopefully, but understanding why Blizzard does something doesn't mean you have to agree with it or think it's reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If your main is at Prestige Level 5 and you get to Prestige Level 3 on your alt that means you could've spent the same time on your main and been Prestige Level 8. Meaning you would have a new artifact tint opened, pet and toy and been closer to your 3rd tint. Instead you wasted the time to work an alt so it's punishing those who want to play more than one class in PvP. In a game that encourages multiple classes, yet wants to hinder you from progressing on your others if you want to play an alt.
    This has been one of the big issues with all of Legion's "infinite progression" systems. They made a bunch of "unique" content for each class(some of it actually unique, some of it more or less copy/paste), but then make playing other characters directly detrimental to your main's progression. This goes for prestige(which is purely cosmetic, even), AP, legendaries and even gear(through titanforging)

- - - Updated - - -

on a side note:

Pretty much this. Rather have fewer total items drop for each character each week, but have those items actually matter. Getting drowned in garbage items just feels like a waste(even if one of the items ends up decent and you use it for a few days, replacing it so quickly just feels dumb), and it's way too unlikely you actually get the non-garbage item.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Oh their swings are legendary at this point. Everyone knows if the needle is one way it will be in the complete opposite direction in the next. One of the few I've seen them get right was the class hall thing. It's useful like Garrisons, but not so much so that you feel like you just need to do it on every single character every day, or at least I don't.
    The sad part they've even admitted that they tend to work like a pendulum themselves, and yet seemingly have done nothing to fix it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Blizzard say they base most of their decision on "data" but never disclose them, so players are left with empirical data acquired with faulty method ending up questioning blizzard decisions or just accepting them because their faith in the devs.

All in all is blizzard fault to not being transparent with the data that lead to a decision; plus sometime their given reason is blatantly just a pr answer they don't seem to be sincere or at last they fear that saying the truth might inflame the debate even more.

Q&A in the specific feel always like those political debates where the questions and answers are checked before the show by the communication staff ending up looking totally artificial.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2017-10-06 at 10:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Blizzard say they base most of their decision on "data" but never disclose them, so players are left with empirical data acquired with faulty method ending up questioning blizzard decisions or just accepting them because their faith in the devs.

All in all is blizzard fault to not being transparent with the data that lead to a decision; plus sometime their given reason is blatantly just a pr answer they don't seem to be sincere or at last they fear that saying the truth might inflame the debate even more.
    Hahahahahaha you think transparency would help?

Have you met human beings before? Especially nerdy people? I mean for fucks's sake mate, seriously?

You think giving US the gigantic blocks of data they gather, terabytes of data, would help? You say "Oh well I didn't mean that I meant a cut-down sort of report", well, dude, then as soon as we got that, people like you would be saying "THIS ISNT THE REAL DATA IM SO ANGRY WITH BLIZZARD".

Then if they gave us the real data, some schmendrick would analyse 1/100000th of it, ignore virtually all of it, and start claiming he was right and Blizzard was wrong, and a bazillion raging idiots would rally to his cause, and Blizzard would be like "Why the fuck did we give these guys this data?".

So yeah that's completely unrealistic on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    That's what you do.

I specifically said the legendary was shit from the very first second. Everyone in their right mind could've foreseen that in a world where throughput and utility legendaries exist, everyone who didn't get a throughput legendary would be disappointed - doesn't need a game developing degree to see that one coming (and people did foresee that - but they were ignored until about 6 months into the expansion where we got the first fix for utlity legs being abysmaly bad). They've designed a shit system and I'm complaining about that. And since it's not a priority for them to fix it, I'm complaining about this major feature of the whole goddamn expansion not being a high enough priority to fix.
    When there would have been only utility legendaries. Then the discussion would have been the same regardless. Maybe a little softer but it would have been the same none the less. Do you get Prydaz in it´s first rendition or norgannons or portalpants for a lock.

Whenever your have X items there will be a list that qualifies them or their worth to the player. So you would have people whining they got the "worst" instead of the "best" utility legendaries. Blizz can not win this fight. That´s why Ion is stating that the system itself is fine as is. For the masses the don´t min/max like we mmo-champions the ranking of legendaries means sqat so getting any of them is fine and getting the third that might replace one of the first two is good for such a person.

The system only has a weakness for min/maxers. But making legendaries targetable would have made the system unnecessary in itself because everyone would have taken the same path.

Sure I share the weakness of the OP of being a developer myself. So I take a broader look on things. I try to not only see one side to understand "the machine".
    As much as I see flaws in legion and as much as I myself didn´t like haven affli head as my 8th legendary. I don´t think that the system failed. It wasn´t perfect but it was miles better then old drop legendaries.

I have much more dislike for titanforge to the skies system and 2piece/4piece kombos. That created "headaches" even for minmaxers.

IMHO !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Hahahahahaha you think transparency would help?

Have you met human beings before? Especially nerdy people? I mean for fucks's sake mate, seriously?

You think giving US the gigantic blocks of data they gather, terabytes of data, would help? You say "Oh well I didn't mean that I meant a cut-down sort of report", well, dude, then as soon as we got that, people like you would be saying "THIS ISNT THE REAL DATA IM SO ANGRY WITH BLIZZARD".

Then if they gave us the real data, some schmendrick would analyse 1/100000th of it, ignore virtually all of it, and start claiming he was right and Blizzard was wrong, and a bazillion raging idiots would rally to his cause, and Blizzard would be like "Why the fuck did we give these guys this data?".

So yeah that's completely unrealistic on your part.
    so they don't publish them because peoples would be angry regardless? ok...

also that attitude is exactly the one that made people angry and label you a blizzard zealot, go wanking over Ion photo and don't bother with us.
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so they don't publish them because peoples would be angry regardless? ok...

also that attitude is exactly the one that made people angry and label you a blizzard zealot, go wanking over Ion photo and don't bother with us.
    Er.... I think you have me confused with someone else? Seriously what the fuck mate? Who called me that? I can't find anyone.

Fewer people are angry this way. No crusades are started. If they put out data, they're basically saying "FIGHT ME!" over it. If they don't, they're saying "Our game, our rules". You don't have to like the latter, but it causes less conflict (and is also the way it really is).

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Er.... I think you have me confused with someone else? Seriously what the fuck mate? Who called me that? I can't find anyone.

Fewer people are angry this way. No crusades are started. If they put out data, they're basically saying "FIGHT ME!" over it. If they don't, they're saying "Our game, our rules". You don't have to like the latter, but it causes less conflict (and is also the way it really is).
    No "Fight me" only happen if the data aren't really that one sided or extremely open to interpretation basically they are able to say "data show us" only because they don't publish them to begin with.

Also it's ok to say our game our rules, then don't make it show like you are doing this because data show it's the correct way:

Dev: "rng is good data show us this"
    Player: "show us the data"
    Dev: "no have faith"
    Player flip the table.

Was just reading through the Interview and pretty much everything that was said he been already said, or at least implied before. Nothing really new here honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Sorry but haven't seen a healer doing 800k dps unless we are talking about method here. And I can play my warlock with legendary percentiles, I am pretty sure I know how to press my keys. Sure, I don't even have 2p on pala, my secondary stats are all over the place, and I have aoe trinkets, as well as missing two good legendaries. I am 925, and I feel as strong as my warlock was with freaking 900 ilvl, 4p, ok stats, and her BiS leggos back in Nighthold. And fuck the viable, I am talking about playable. It freaking sucks to go from really high burst/ST to super rainbow noodle attack.
    My post literally has a link to my own logs on Goroth ST doing 854k dps as a resto druid, there still room for improvement there with both my play and general gearing. My comment wasn't about your locks ability, it was that if your pally is 925 and doing 800k there would be significant areas that will make an impact far greater then swapping legendary x for y.

image if you don't want to click on th link

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

10+ Year Old Account
    All in all, just another Q&A showing the Devs out of touch with the players and the game. Super shocking... no, I’m so shocked /s.

Really, so somebody supports everything the dev said. Who cares? I’m sure there are others out there. Personally think all these Q&As are too full of pork, fluffy pork and not enough substance to be worth it. Oh well.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No "Fight me" only happen if the data aren't really that one sided or extremely open to interpretation basically they are able to say "data show us" only because they don't publish them to begin with.

Also it's ok to say our game our rules, then don't make it show like you are doing this because data show it's the correct way:

Player flip the table.
    So who is it you confused me with? I'm fascinated, go on, tell me.

Deleted

Player flip the table.
    Data is a bit like statistics in this case: You can interpret it any way you want. Most players would interpret it to further their own agendas, just like Blizzard uses it to further theirs. The difference is that in the majority of cases, I would assume Blizzard to be more objective (noone is fully objective!) than the average player.