Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Rather would have airships and zepplins, so that you can also use it over the old content where you can fly.

But if ships happen i see them evolve into thoese two at the end of the exp pack.
    Both are pretty mutch ships but with a airplain tech on them.

(ps i just hope we will not see the teleport system of Argus again, without any form of travel you remove like the whole feel and point of an open world game)
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-10-06 at 05:24 PM.

It's bad enough to have 100 variations of jacksparrow combat rogues running around thinking that they are cool. Boats might be fun but I'd rather have something else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Only if I can PvP with them and destroy Alliance Dogs using cannons, and have bot like Pirates in the middle so it's some awesome PvE/PvP fest.
    Awww yeah. Dream expansion right there xD

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm only going to play if it's super tropical like stv. I'd be excited even.
    Watch it be desolace. An entire expansion of desolace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I'd just want a vindicaar style system for moving between zones. Maybe also allowing you to build your own crew and naval combat missions as well. Defend the boat from a Kraken, repel a boarding party etc.
    I mean... that doesn't sound very fun, you just click on a map and click on the place where you want to go and you instantly teleport there?

I'm talking about high seas, where you actually get to control your boat and you see your boat moving through the water.

Boat mounts would be cool. There's a boat vehicle you get in post-Cata Thousand Needles which is kinda neat. It would also be a good use for the several aquatic mounts we have now as well. God I hope we get the South Seas expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    I'd rather not have the South Seas, not really sure why people are so intend on sailing the seas around Pandaria.
    I hope the next Expac is about teh Great Sea instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    I'd rather not have the South Seas, not really sure why people are so intend on sailing the seas around Pandaria.
    I hope the next Expac is about teh Great Sea instead.
    Well technically the south seas on Azeroth are a bunch of tropical islands, troll inspired and kul'tiras inspired naval themed. So if this happens, expect to see tropical zones. I'm sure they would throw some void infested zones in there for good measure, since the ending of legion pretty much hints that the void will have something to do with the next expansion.

I'd just like to see some zones without an extremely high mountain in the middle of one. lol. Panda land, and Legion has 2 "highest mountains in Azeroth" and it just gets old after seeing it every expansion.

Sure, put some mountains in, but be frugal with them in a tropical themed zone. Think of a zone like "Castaway" with Tom Hanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I believe that 7.3 and Vindicaar is big test before South Seas expansion. In this case ship would be replacement for capital city, another iteration of followers game or both.

Of course they can also spread this out. Kul Tiras, Zandalar and Nazjatar could easily fit as expansion continent (Tel Abim and Plunder Isle as patch zones).

They learned how to do more varied continents, Broken Isle and Draenor are much more varied than Pandaria in my opinion. People that whine "there is too much fel in Legion" don't have idea what they are talking about (and funny thing, I remember whines that "Legion don't have enough Legion" before 7.2).

I would like to see something like this in 8.0:

- Kezan - destroyed/vulcanic theme (there was eruption in 4.0) with more industrial Undermine
    - Tel Abim - fully tropical theme
    - Zandalar - something like Zul'Drak, gigantic troll city with shadow/void theme in it
    - Plunder Isle - pirate bay with beaches and hidden caves + pirate stronghold

- Kul Tiras (max level zone) - typical human kingdom with huge city similar to Suramar (but looking more like Stormwind)
    - Nazjatar (patch zone) - underwater cave with Naga capital (let's face it, fully underwater zone won't work, especially as patch)
    - Nyalotha (patch zone) - old gods, full void theme.
    That sounds fine. I just want my colors back.
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Watch it be desolace. An entire expansion of desolace.
    Rip me then.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I really liked the boat you got in the thousand needles zone. Maybe something a little less like a southern Louisiana paddle boat, and something more like a pirate ship, or an alliance / horde themed personal boat.
    ooooo thats a good one.

yea that'd be pretty cool, being able to pass players in the water with their own mini horde boats... and then everyone meets together on a mother ship.

id even love an event where a horde and alliance mothership full of players meet and we have to try to destroy eachother... sounds good on paper lol.

I wouldn't hold your breath for an open water expansion.

Deleted
    I mean... that doesn't sound very fun, you just click on a map and click on the place where you want to go and you instantly teleport there?

I'm talking about high seas, where you actually get to control your boat and you see your boat moving through the water.
    Oh well. i mean i just assumed wow engine couldn't handle that. i just want a my own ship

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    ooooo thats a good one.

yea that'd be pretty cool, being able to pass players in the water with their own mini horde boats... and then everyone meets together on a mother ship.

id even love an event where a horde and alliance mothership full of players meet and we have to try to destroy eachother... sounds good on paper lol.
    can you imagine a battle ground where its simply a battle on the high seas?

Like 2 big gigantic boats, one horde, one alliance, with cannons and high ropes, and extra doo dads that you can use in battle. And you swing to the other ship via rope, and just go balistic fighting eachother, and you win by killing the other teams captain on the bridge, or just by kill count alone.

40 vs 40 would be epic.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-10-06 at 05:36 PM.

Seems like a natural progression to Garrisons and Class Orders, so yes.
    I just hope it's more cosmetic/story than required. Less mission tables, more gathering an interesting crew, customize the boat, get nice captain outfits, find/explore lost islands with treasure, board other boats...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Oh well. i mean i just assumed wow engine couldn't handle that. i just want a my own ship
    I agree that we could have a "home ship" and that would totally be cool, but id also like boat mounts. Think of the different possibilities they could make. Think of the new blizzcon airship mounts, but in the water. With maybe variations by race that you can collect.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the words of Patrick, BOY WOULD I!?

Let me tell you, I've been looking for that exact experience in WoW ever since Cataclysm gave me a taste in Thousand Needles and then ArcheAge stuck cannons on the concept.

Though my gut tells me Blizz will just copy/paste the Vindicar UI for instant warping between islands and stick a mission table UI on it as well for sending crew members to hunt for 2000 gold treasure boxes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    i want some submarines

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Let us fight while travelling on boat and we have a deal.

I'm talking about real fight, not some exotic gameplay bullshit.
    So you want Blizzard to send a thug over to your house every time you use your boat?

On topic, no. I would be okay with boats regardless of what the expansion is.

can you imagine a battle ground where its simply a battle on the high seas?

Like 2 big gigantic boats, one horde, one alliance, with cannons and high ropes, and extra doo dads that you can use in battle. And you swing to the other ship via rope, and just go balistic fighting eachother, and you win by killing the other teams captain on the bridge, or just by kill count alone.

40 vs 40 would be epic.

so the loot ship from ICC but with Players instead of NPCs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    In the words of Patrick, BOY WOULD I!?

Let me tell you, I've been looking for that exact experience in WoW ever since Cataclysm gave me a taste in Thousand Needles and then ArcheAge stuck cannons on the concept.

Though my gut tells me Blizz will just copy/paste the Vindicar UI for instant warping between islands and stick a mission table UI on it as well for sending crew members to hunt for 2000 gold treasure boxes.
    I mean, maybe having a "home base" ship would be cool. More of an interactive iteration of the Garrison / Order Hall, but I would so much love personal (smaller) boats as well to cruise around the zones in.

Also see my 40 v 40 High Seas Battleground idea. 2 HUGE Alliance and Horde Battleships, and players use cannons, swords, doo dads, swing across pirate style to the other ship to try to kill their captain. Battleground ends when a kill count is reached, or when the enemy captain dies.