Thread: Frost vs Unholy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    You're talking to someone who plays Assa on his Rogue, Fire on his Mage and Frost on his DK. I see where you're coming from. But as you said some people do prefer it.
    I would love it if assassination would get called Assx2 :P

i feel many specs become better when played by a person who is passionate about them, or at least really enjoys them. I've seen folk on shite tier specs at the time, doing fucking amazing shit on occasion. One could make the argument that mebs RNGesus was kind to them in that moment, but it was just great to see an SV hunter keeping up (not topping obvs) with fotm specs in NH for example.

Play what you love and the quality of your play will improve imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofn View Post
    I would love it if assassination would get called Assx2 :P

i feel many specs become better when played by a person who is passionate about them, or at least really enjoys them. I've seen folk on shite tier specs at the time, doing fucking amazing shit on occasion. One could make the argument that mebs RNGesus was kind to them in that moment, but it was just great to see an SV hunter keeping up (not topping obvs) with fotm specs in NH for example.

Play what you love and the quality of your play will improve imho.
    Those scenarios clearly depends on how goo the FotM spec players are playing, as I mentioned earlier - I've been UH whole Legion (going frost every now and then), even when we where so far down the gutter it almost made me switch.. But I still managed to stay top 5, simply because the guild I am in is very casual and a lot of the members don't know how to play properly, while I have had a lot of previous Mythic raiding experience and even officer leading, so I got the knowledge to use simc and other tools to help me perform 100% of my capabilities, which in turn helped me do 90%+ parses as UH vs 70%+ parses from my guild mates (with some of them being at my level of course).
    Also I LOVE UH (Thank God for the buffs), so that makes it so much easier for me to actually sit down and practice those rotations etc, to get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Bumping a somewhat old thread. Unholy rotation/priority...

Festering Strike + Pet attacks to GAIN festering wounds
    Scourge strike to USE festering wounds
    death coil to use RP

Is this generally it? and ofcourse outbreak to keep virulent plague up. Is there a way to spread VP a little llike the old days with the 2 dots + blood boil to spread? I'm trying to get myself back into my DK as I'm grinding for aggramars to become a super casual speed freak, but obvious rotation perfection is a must. Apocalypse on as many wounds as possible. Gargoyle/Maiden with CD's, Dark Trans with CD's preferably... anything I've missed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Bumping a somewhat old thread. Unholy rotation/priority...

Festering Strike + Pet attacks to GAIN festering wounds
    Scourge strike to USE festering wounds
    death coil to use RP

Is this generally it? and ofcourse outbreak to keep virulent plague up. Is there a way to spread VP a little llike the old days with the 2 dots + blood boil to spread? I'm trying to get myself back into my DK as I'm grinding for aggramars to become a super casual speed freak, but obvious rotation perfection is a must. Apocalypse on as many wounds as possible. Gargoyle/Maiden with CD's, Dark Trans with CD's preferably... anything I've missed?
    That's pretty much it. Army ~7 seconds before pull. Potion, Outbreak on pull. Festering strike until at least 6 wounds, Apoc, DT (Timing this is weird if you have shoulders, save until after DA if you do) Dark Arbiter, dump all the Death Coils you can, keep up Virulent Plague, keep wounds on the target and pop them with Scourge Strike. I don't like to pop DT on the pull because your pet can pop wounds and mess up your opening Apoc. If you run Soul Reaper, use it on CD so every other one lines up with Apoc. It's worth holding DA for Lust if you're gonna do it soon, as well as Apoc and Army with 4p.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    That's pretty much it. Army ~7 seconds before pull. Potion, Outbreak on pull. Festering strike until at least 6 wounds, Apoc, DT (Timing this is weird if you have shoulders, save until after DA if you do) Dark Arbiter, dump all the Death Coils you can, keep up Virulent Plague, keep wounds on the target and pop them with Scourge Strike. I don't like to pop DT on the pull because your pet can pop wounds and mess up your opening Apoc. If you run Soul Reaper, use it on CD so every other one lines up with Apoc. It's worth holding DA for Lust if you're gonna do it soon, as well as Apoc and Army with 4p.
    Legend thanks! I imagine with DA it's a matter off obviously spamming DC so fester to 6+ and SS to use them? or after Apoc would you then resolt to a... 3 Wounds -> SS until theyre used up -> FS to re-gain them? not sure how exactly you go about that. Do you SS to use up ALL the wounds or say.. you have 3 wounds.. you SS twice then FS to gain more etc.. Obviously with pet popping them also if I SS twice and my pet manages to pop twice, ive effectively used an SS without a wound on the target... perhaps Im overthinking this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Legend thanks! I imagine with DA it's a matter off obviously spamming DC so fester to 6+ and SS to use them? or after Apoc would you then resolt to a... 3 Wounds -> SS until theyre used up -> FS to re-gain them? not sure how exactly you go about that. Do you SS to use up ALL the wounds or say.. you have 3 wounds.. you SS twice then FS to gain more etc.. Obviously with pet popping them also if I SS twice and my pet manages to pop twice, ive effectively used an SS without a wound on the target... perhaps Im overthinking this
    You're right, you don't want to drop below 1 wound because your pet might pop it and you'll SS without a wound. You really want to prioritize popping wounds during DA to make sure that Unholy Frenzy stays up for increased chance at Sudden Doom procs for more DCs. FS can only grant 4 wounds max per swing, so as long as you're below 4 you should go ahead and reapply. Your ghoul will also apply them occasionally with artifact traits, so I wouldn't FS on 4 on the chance that you miss a potential wound.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    You're right, you don't want to drop below 1 wound because your pet might pop it and you'll SS without a wound. You really want to prioritize popping wounds during DA to make sure that Unholy Frenzy stays up for increased chance at Sudden Doom procs for more DCs. FS can only grant 4 wounds max per swing, so as long as you're below 4 you should go ahead and reapply. Your ghoul will also apply them occasionally with artifact traits, so I wouldn't FS on 4 on the chance that you miss a potential wound.
    Theres more to it than i thought haha! I like it cheers for the tips

You're both being nitpicky here... And at the same time, I am aswell. I made another thread concerning this whole priority list just because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need people with PTR experience (or know people who did PTR) to share their thoughts on frost vs unholy during the new raid tier. From what I understand the gap is pretty small especially with the frost 2 piece and it all comes down to utility. Need more info though.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Need people with PTR experience (or know people who did PTR) to share their thoughts on frost vs unholy during the new raid tier. From what I understand the gap is pretty small especially with the frost 2 piece and it all comes down to utility. Need more info though.
    +1 on this someone has to be testing! I got my aggramars last night so im full dk pov ������