Thread: pacific rim 2

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    was pacific rim the movie that had rihanna in it ?
    i forget, but i remember hearing that the movie was awful

i can't attest for this movie being good or bad, but if there is to be a 2nd one, it must of been kinda cool

I loved the first one, and My life is in love with Charlie Hunnam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    was pacific rim the movie that had rihanna in it ?
    i forget, but i remember hearing that the movie was awful

i can't attest for this movie being good or bad, but if there is to be a 2nd one, it must of been kinda cool
    Rihanna was Battleship. Pacific rim is an amazing popcorn flick with robots fighting monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Hell yeah! Dai-Gaurd Buster Superdimensional Evaexphon 2 is finally coming!

Seriously though, loved the first as I've been a huge fan of mecha anime since 1986!

Yup, I always thought of it as the live-action Eva movie that ADV (defunct and now publishes anime under several different names) was writing/planning since 2002/2003 but never came to be. Got exactly what I paid for and expected.

Saw Robot Jox in 1990 as well, shit movie but goddamn it was amazing as a 10 year old.
    Oh man, Robot Jox. Now there's an awful blast from the past. But was the closet I had to a live-action Battletech movie so I still was okay with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EhiLLOhVis

They released the first trailer. I plan on seeing it, but something feels off in the trailer and I'm not sure what it is yet.

Disliked the first movie. The entire intro backstory should have been the movie. Instead, it was an intro backstory and the actual movie was just CGI transformers action sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EhiLLOhVis

They released the first trailer. I plan on seeing it, but something feels off in the trailer and I'm not sure what it is yet.
    Loved the first movie. The second looks passable. I have to say though, that rappish sound track is HORRIBLE.

There were a couple shots of actors standing in front of greenscreen backgrounds that looked a little funky...but I doubt that's what you're talking about. Looked like a decent trailer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Disliked the first movie. The entire intro backstory should have been the movie. Instead, it was an intro backstory and the actual movie was just CGI transformers action sequences.
    Pretty sure a big dumb action movie with giant robots punching giant monsters was all it was intended to be. And it succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    There were a couple shots of actors standing in front of greenscreen backgrounds that looked a little funky...but I doubt that's what you're talking about. Looked like a decent trailer to me.

Pretty sure a big dumb action movie with giant robots punching giant monsters was all it was intended to be. And it succeeded.
    I don't know what it is. Maybe it is the look. I kind of feel like they don't have the same weight that they did in the first movie. I can't really put my finger on it, but something just feels off. I'm not saying it looks bad or anything like that it just doesn't seem to have something that I can't put into words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Loved the first movie. The second looks passable. I have to say though, that rappish sound track is HORRIBLE.
    Yeah, I didn't particularly care for the choice of music but it is what it is.

Deleted
    Better have more Hannibal Chau, or riot!

and oh yeah, he shoudl be in a mech!

old but funny
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-10-06 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    But but its the Django soundtrack...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Some of us aren't looking for more depth than that. I loved Pacific Rim.

I also don't understand why Waterworld has the worst rating... ever. So I guess you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I kind of feel like they don't have the same weight that they did in the first movie.
    Yeah, I've heard this a lot when people are talking about what little we've seen of the movie so far. If it does end up being the case, it can probably be chalked up to this one not being directed by del Toro. If there's one thing he's got going for him it's a flair for eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Some of us aren't looking for more depth than that. I loved Pacific Rim.

I also don't understand why Waterworld has the worst rating... ever. So I guess you can take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    Kind of like godzilla movies imo. I don't particularly care why godzilla is fighting king ghidorah again...but I'm enjoying it

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for 2

Loved the first one, big monsters fighting big mechas whats not to like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-10-07 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yeah...it was actually the first movie I'd seen in a long time that delivered exactly what it advertized. Big fuckin robots fighting big fucking monsters. I mean seriously what else was there?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The adults couldn't do it so now us kids sure as heck will! It's morphin time!