Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Deleted

Teacher Alice McBrearty jailed for sex with pupil

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41528271

A teacher who had a "full-blown sexual relationship" with a 15-year-old boy has been jailed for 16 months.

Alice McBrearty, 23, admitted the four-month fling with a pupil she taught at an east London school.

Snaresbrook Crown Court heard McBrearty kissed the youngster in a classroom, and had sex with him at her parents' home in Wanstead Park, east London.

She pleaded guilty to seven counts of sexual activity with a child while in a position of trust.

'Besotted'

Prosecutors said the relationship began when the teacher sent the boy a friend request on Facebook.

Barrister Lisa Matthews said the teenager, who cannot be named, "felt special" and "appeared to be besotted" with McBrearty.

The court heard the pair met in several locations, including a hotel room McBrearty had booked, and had sexual contact.

Their relationship ended when the boy's father contacted police.

McBrearty put her head in her hands and sobbed when she was sentenced by Judge Sheelagh Canavan.

The judge described her as a "bright, intelligent and gifted young woman, who knew right from wrong," but who had committed the "grossest breach of trust".

'Fall from grace'

"You engaged in a full-blown sexual relationship with a 15-year-old child," she said.

"I accept he was consenting - what 15-year-old schoolboy would turn down such an attractive offer?

"I accept you truly believed this was a great romance, you were in love with him and vice versa, and that age didn't matter. But it did.

"You were supposed to keep him safe, to help him make the right decisions. Instead, you helped him make all the wrong ones."

Emma Shafton, defending, said her client, who is no longer a teacher, has had "a spectacular fall from grace".

"She has been utterly disgraced by this," she added.
    The inevitable double standard is inevitable but it's good she was jailed

I'd hit it. Good job, 15 y/o kid.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    She's cute. Lucky boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    can we spam the images of the south park "nice" meme?

She looks like she might be a little thick which is okay in my book.

in b4 women show up and tell us how wrong this is.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously he was consenting but I'm glad she's being jailed for it. I do like that the judge remarked on that fact as well, but made it clear that she had grossly breached her duty as a teacher and his consent didn't suddenly make it okay. 'Position of trust' is the nail in the coffin here.

That being said, at least she wasn't a hag.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Obviously he was consenting but I'm glad she's being jailed for it. I do like that the judge remarked on that fact as well, but made it clear that she had grossly breached her duty as a teacher and his consent didn't suddenly make it okay.
    I don't know how I feel about that... Yes it's true almost any teenage boy would be up for it but at the same time teenage girls are just as horny and a male teacher would definitely not have received such words from the judge

meh she's practically a kid herself.. what business does she have being a teacher?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Obviously he was consenting but I'm glad she's being jailed for it. I do like that the judge remarked on that fact as well, but made it clear that she had grossly breached her duty as a teacher and his consent didn't suddenly make it okay. 'Position of trust' is the nail in the coffin here.

That being said, at least she wasn't a hag.
    I'm not glad, because no harm was done. A boy was made lucky. Two people had sex. There was no rape.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I'm not glad, because no harm was done. A boy was made lucky. Two people had sex. There was no rape.
    You're aware what age of consent is? Legally if you're under 16 you can not consent

As someone who once was 15 years old boy, well... no damage done to him. To her, thats a different story.
    Why cant people just shut up and keep things hidden...

What kind of fucked up adult wants to have sex with a teenage boy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're aware what age of consent is? Legally if you're under 16 you can not consent
    Yeah the law says that even though you consented, you legally can not consent, so now a woman that made a young boy very happy goes to jail even though no harm was done. A woman will now spend 16 months in jail and the world will not have been made a better place.

Are.. you all fucking serious?
    Am I seeing people saying "Good job" for a child who is by all, been by law. Was raped by an adult?

*Statutory rape is sexual activity in which one of the individuals is below the age required to legally consent to the behavior in some common law jurisdictions. Although it usually refers to adults engaging in sexual contact with minors under the age of consent.*

Whether or not the boy was consenting, it doesn't matter. I find it rather disgusting when people will take the piss on male teachers having sexual relationships with underaged women, but then congratulate a fifteen year old boy for it. I'm glad to hear she's imprisoned, her teaching job should be revoked with no second chances.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

10+ Year Old Account
    She looks like my coworker.

Deleted
    we need feminism to stop the double standars , no kid should be bragging about fucking his teacher

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Am I seeing people saying "Good job" for a child who is by all, been by law. Was raped by an adult?

*Statutory rape is sexual activity in which one of the individuals is below the age required to legally consent to the behavior in some common law jurisdictions. Although it usually refers to adults engaging in sexual contact with minors under the age of consent.*

Whether or not the boy was consenting, it doesn't matter. I find it rather disgusting when people will take the piss on male teachers having sexual relationships with underaged women, but then congratulate a fifteen year old boy for it. I'm glad to hear she's imprisoned, her teaching job should be revoked with no second chances.
    You're throwing the book of law at a kid who's probably still smiling.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should she lose her Teaching license? Most definitely. Though Prison seems a bit much. surprised it was his Dad that reported him. Thought it would've been his Mother since his dad would've been too busy high-fiving his Son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Legality and reality often do not overlap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    Did some dude fuck him in the ass against his will? If not, then no, he wasn't raped. He was being given the privilege of nailing this gorgeous girl.