Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, that's a shame that there were sop many terrible people willing to support such a monstrous cause.

- - - Updated - - -

You said you are going to sit it out now, you clearly got triggered by all of this, what a shame.
    Again, you don't understand what that word means. I'm not yelling at people to boycott the game or for the Twitter guy get fired. I'm just saying yeah, nah and walking away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Are all Muslims bad? Are all Christians bad? Are all Communists bad? There are plenty of shit ideas in the world. Plenty of the people that follow these ideas are shitty people, because they geniuenely believe the shit they teach and advocate for.

But, as with everything, there is a group (some times large, some times small) that has been brainwashed into believing this shit - by parents, friends, loved ones, authority figures. Because of this and this alone, we as westerns understood that thought crime is wrong.

And the only reason you guys are allowed to advocate for thought crime is because we as westerns decided we could. Think about that!
    You've got to be fucking kidding me, comparing Nazism to a religious belief.

At its very CORE it stands for the destruction of a large part of human civilization. If you cannot see how being a nazi is completely different to someone who upholds a twisted view of any religion (and possibly even commits heinous acts in the name of said religion), you need to get yourself some serious help.

No religion is at its core about hate. Nazism is.

That is the difference.

This guy probably thinks thought crime is bad, but here he is.

Its always funny to watch people spout off bullshit like "yes hurr freedom of speech and thought!" up until it offends them.

You can hear the buckling of their moral backbone
    You are the one who is clearly offended, do you not see the irony in your comment?

I love freedom. If you can cite an example of me not supporting freedom, let me know. You have 13,000 quotes to pick from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Again, you don't understand what that word means. I'm not yelling at people to boycott the game or for the Twitter guy get fired. I'm just saying yeah, nah and walking away.
    Like I said, it clearly triggered you.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I'm a little confused. Where you might find good Christians, Muslims, or Communists that preach peace and acceptance for all others you literally cannot find a Nazi who does that because it flies in the face of every basic tenet of Nazism.
    I expected you to say that about the first two because they're more brainwashy of children, but communism?

Dude, communism is arguably worse than Nazism, and yet you just said theres good communists.

Think about that

Apparently, someone cannot be considered a terrible person, if they only think about doing terrible things, and support them when others do them. Sorry folks, anyone who supports the idea that Jews and minorities should be persecuted and/or murdered, is a terrible fucking person.

- - - Updated - - -

I expected you to say that about the first two because they're more brainwashy of children, but communism?

Dude, communism is arguably worse than Nazism, and yet you just said theres good communists.

Think about that
    Now, compare it to Stalinism, then you would have a better analogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, it's 2 not ii....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    For the record, it's 2 not ii....
    Its II, but I took the title as is, which was all caps so it made those lower case

10+ Year Old Account

Think about that
    Communism doesn't prescribe violence and oppression as one of its core tenets. Not all Communism is Stalinism and Maoism. Are are you implying that I'm a brainwashed child for believing that not all Christians and Muslims are bad people?

Communist hippies who live off-grid in tiny self-sustaining communes aren't bad people. They might be grubby and crunchy, but they don't believe in oppression and eugenics as being the main tenets of their political system of choice.

We've had good Christian people in history. We've had good Muslim people. We've had good Communist people. We've never had good Nazi people. To be an actual Nazi one has to harbour thoughts which make one a morally bad person. You could certainly make the argument you're making in regards to governments - Christian governments have tended towards being oppressive, as have Muslim and Communist ones. But we're not talking about governments, we're talking about individual people.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-10-06 at 08:00 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

No sensible person has a problem with killing nazis. This silly strawman enemy has really gotten out of hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

As a nazi im very offended

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It isn't. Using Nazi's as a boogeyman for everything is though.
    It's fucking Wolfenstein. Gleefully blasting Nazis to smithereens is the entire point of the franchise. New Order already had us killing Nazis in Britain, Germany, the Balkans and the fucking moon, but now that it's done in America it becomes political?

Trump created a meme, it's being re-used. You'd think his most ardent followers would understand it's how memes work.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are the one who is clearly offended, do you not see the irony in your comment?

I love freedom. If you can cite an example of me not supporting freedom, let me know. You have 13,000 quotes to pick from.
    Fine, lets play a game - answer the questions please.

1. Is it okay to punch someone that you know is a Nazi, lets just say Richard Spencer?
    2. Is it okay to punch someone that you think is a Nazi?
    3. Are all people that subscribe to an ideology that includes bigotry and advocates violence bad people?
    4. Are people in 2017 responsible for things that happened decades or centuries ago?

I'll answer them too.

1. No, of course not. Violence is a last resort, and only to stop violence.
    2. No, of course not. Worse than thought crime, this is accusing someone of a thought crime, when you don't even know that they're thinking that thought.
    3. No, of course not. Every child being brainwashed by Nazis, Islamists, KKK, Black Supremacists are an example of this.
    4. No, of course not. The sins of the father is one of the most morally reprehensible ideas in existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    As a nazi im very offended
    you know that the protagonist of the series (the playable character) is a polish jew called B.J. Blazkowicz?

Not all Communism is Stalinism and Maoism.
    Took longer than expected, but we finally got the "that wasn't REAL communism" comment

Love triggered nazis <3
    Might buy the same now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying you will fight nazis doesn't sound that great when your account is plastered in broney memorabilia
    Judging posters by their avatar says a hell of a lot more about you than them, bub.

I'm a little confused. Where you might find good Christians, Muslims, or Communists that preach peace and acceptance for all others you literally cannot find a true Nazi who does that because it flies in the face of every basic tenet of Nazism.

I'm far from saying all people who lived in Germany during WWII were horrible, terrible people - not even all those people ascribed to Nazism. Not even the entire German military ascribed to Nazism. There's a lot of grey areas, and the Nazi propaganda machine was powerful, widespread, and extremely effective. Couple that with the terror wrought by the SS on the German citizenry and it's easy to see how normal people were too afraid to stand up against the direction the country was heading.

Talking about this in a cut and dry sort of way on either side shows a lack of understanding of the social engineering of wartime propaganda.
    Wehner Von Braun was a Nazi.
    Wilhelm Angele
    Fritz Mueller
    Earnst Baars
    The list of scientists and engineers goes on and on.

10+ Year Old Account
    3. Are all people that subscribe to an ideology that includes bigotry and advocates violence bad people?

3. Yes, of course they are. Every child being raised by Nazis, KKK, Black Supremacists and don't renounce these believes when they are old enough to understand what they mean are an example of this.
    Fixed that for you. You also mistakenly included a religion in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zecora View Post
    Judging posters by their avatar says a hell of a lot more about you than them, bub.
    Don't pretend you don't see how ridiculous that actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't pretend you don't see how ridiculous that actually is.
    You may want to stay on topic and not insult someone over an avatar.