Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    I was playing a Demon Hunter since prior to Legion's release date, then swapped to a Mage around March and finished leveling her to max level in April, when I made up my mind to change my main character. I haven't played alternative characters outside my main character, besides artifact questlines for certain specializations. With only playing one character and gearing out one specialization, the drop chance of legendary items hasn't been too bad for me (one every two weeks or so). I only need two for my main specialization, then I'll work on my other specializations, which comes down to needing five for each. However, some are luckier than others, but those with split character progression, I see where it's an issue.

Legion is not alternative character friendly. What is one to expect though? If a player is doing all of these outlets for chances on multiple characters (old raids, PvP, emissaries, etc.), legendary items should drop more frequently for them. If someone only logs in to do emissaries on multiple characters and that's all they do, with doing other stuff every so often, should legendary items drop as frequent as someone who puts more time into this game? I don't think so, and that's just my opinion on the matter, but there needs to be better targeting for sure.

No idea if this system will continue on into the next expansion, and I hope it doesn't. As much as I like it... getting a reward of great power and history, I think it's caused more harm than good for the playerbase. Amazing expansion, but this has hinder a lot of individuals, with the artifact grind overhead.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was playing a Demon Hunter since prior to Legion's release date, then swapped to a Mage around March and finished leveling her to max level in April, when I made up my mind to change my main character. I haven't played alternative characters outside my main character, besides artifact questlines for certain specializations. With only playing one character and gearing out one specialization, the drop chance of legendary items hasn't been too bad for me (one every two weeks or so). I only need two for my main specialization, then I'll work on my other specializations, which comes down to needing five for each. However, some are luckier than others, but those with split character progression, I see where it's an issue.

Legion is not alternative character friendly. What is one to expect though? If a player is doing all of these outlets for chances on multiple characters (old raids, PvP, emissaries, etc.), legendary items should drop more frequently for them. If someone only logs in to do emissaries on multiple characters and that's all they do, with doing other stuff every so often, should legendary items drop as frequent as someone who puts more time into this game? I don't think so, and that's just my opinion on the matter, but there needs to be better targeting for sure.

No idea if this system will continue on into the next expansion, and I hope it doesn't. As much as I like it... getting a reward of great power and history, I think it's caused more harm than good for the playerbase. Amazing expansion, but chasing after legendary items has hindered a lot of individuals playtime, with the artifact grind overhead.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, those tokens they are bringing into this game should have been "Select a Lego of your choice." I do not play anymore but the RNG of Legendaries was such a shit show. You should never feel bad for getting a legendary drop, but when you get a Sephuz or a utility lego that will just be taking up bag space, it was awful.

I do find a disconnect between "we want new or rejoining players to catch up quick" BUT they basically pulled the plug on THE single easiest way to farm legendaries yet via the Legionfall bags from the mission table up around 1x week.

That's where the wheels come off the wagon. Im sure other people have noticed it, but without that the rate of passive legendary accumulation has gone WAY down. There was some debate that perhaps all the bosses on Argus would compensate but that is absolutely not the case. I track the legendary drops I get across 7 characters on a spreadsheet and my data set is saying for the same in game activities done over a set period, my overall rate of legendary drops has plummeted over 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Blizzard doesn't share your opinion.
    This is relevant how? Or is it just an appeal to authority?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    This is relevant how? Or is it just an appeal to authority?
    It means that your opinion is exactly that. an opinion, just because you have that particular opinion does not make it fact, nor does it mean everyone will agree with you. I for one do not share your opinion, and there are plenty of others that do not share your opinion either. So, you are left with an impasse.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    It means that your opinion is exactly that. an opinion, just because you have that particular opinion does not make it fact, nor does it mean everyone will agree with you. I for one do not share your opinion, and there are plenty of others that do not share your opinion either. So, you are left with an impasse.
    I understand what an opinion is but telling me blizzards opinion is completely irrelevant. Think for yourself.