Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    After discussing this at length with some guildies last night I think its time Khadgar was no longer the go-to person for expansions.

I am hoping that in the next expansion that Jaina and Lor-themar take the lead roles for the individual factions and that the new joint leader is actually Alleria.

The reason for this is if the old gods are the new focus then her recent conversion and teaching puts in directly in line to be the best person.

Thoughts?
    lorthemar and jaina played a good role as faction leaders in Isle of Thunder.

I think it would be a good choice

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, Faesrol or Isimud should take over. Iznogut-Khadgar is getting more and more stale with every patch. Can we get some new-blood-Mudmug or basic campfire in here?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    I put my money on a Jaina/Tyrande for Alliance and a Sylvanas/Darkspear leader for Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'd prefer to see new figures be cultivated - perhaps a character on each side of the faction lines that were involved with in the leveling experience who goes on to become the marquee character(s) for the expansion.
    I agree. For all the hate she got, I found Yrel growing besides us a very interesting concept and wouldn't mind another go at it. Even cooler if it's a leveling revamp as speculated and then we can have a few newbies assisting us in different quests/areas all leveling alongside us for quite a while.
    Last edited by zlygork; 2017-10-07 at 05:23 AM.

Deleted
    I actually like Khadgar better than previous expansion lead figures. Thrall and Malfurion were pretty awful since Cata. I really enjoyed interacting with lead figures in Wrath, Blizzard balanced it well between many characters. Back then lead characters had specific roles Tirion with Argent Crusade, Darion with Ebon Blade, Varian and Thrall as faction leader, Bronzebeard for Ulduar and titan related stuff.

For 8.0 my guess is Alleria and Turalyon will continue to be the center of story, Blizzard just brought them back after hyping the player base for years. I would like to see Saurfang taking a more prominent role on the Horde side.

If next expac is gonna be Kul'Tiras, on the Horde side I would like if it would be someone of characters who participated in war with admiral Proudmoore - Rexxar, Rokhan, Baine.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas for Horde and Jaina for Alliance. Khadgar will go to Telabim island to eat bananas, smoke pipe, drink a beer and watch Modera dancing.

My vote belongs to Mudmug.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    #NomoreWindrunners

Hope we get Baine
    He will be there, standing in awe. Same as always.

7+ Year Old Account
    WE will be the expansion leader. Every thing has been building up to this.

From general in the military, to alien world outpost leader, to class order hall leader... to FACTION LEADER!

We are the chosen ones!

EDIT: Oh God I just realized that I shouldn't put it past Blizzard to NOT make our player character's the leader of the factions at the game's end...

For me it depends on the context of the expansion's gameplay. Meaning, if we have artifacts, a legendary questline, or some sort of order hall/garrison that is integral to the story. That changed how many characters were important and displayed. Obviously Jaina is going to be important, due to the art we've seen so far for Blizzcon, but that doesn't mean she'll be the most important character, or the hero.

In MoP, Chen was on the box art and he was in the opening cinematic - the entire expansion was developed because he was in WC3, and the continent we went to wasn't even where he came from. However, Wrathion was the expansion's talking piece through his legendary questline. It should be noted that his only buildup before that was in the revamped Badlands and at the end of Cata for rogues, and no one else.

Khadgar fit as the talking piece for WoD, because his lore is often associated with Draenor and Outland. It also fit that he was the one that gave us the legendary. It made less sense, for me, that he was the main adventurer's supervisor in Legion with the order halls and their champions. However, he had a lot of development over the course of WoD, and tapered off in importance in Legion during the Tomb of Sargeras and now Argus. Now we're seeing Turalyon, Alleria, Arator, and Vereesa built up, along with other characters on Argus, which could mean we'll see a lot more of them now.

Depending on what the content of the next expansion is, it could be anything. However, if the naga are involved, we could see a huge cast of different elves be important (Thalyssra, Lorthemar, Tyrande, Shandris, Maiev, Kor'vas, etc). If we're going to face N'Zoth, we'll most likely see the Army of the Light and Alleria again, since the Old Gods are heavily related to the Void. Or, we could see more of what we've seen in Legion with a ton of characters developed at once. In the end, Magni could be a major character, if the world-soul is involved a lot.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I'd prefer to see new figures be cultivated - perhaps a character on each side of the faction lines that were involved with in the leveling experience who goes on to become the marquee character(s) for the expansion.
    I'm shuddering when I even think about it, but I'm really scared that they may do this with Aethas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    I'm shuddering when I even think about it, but I'm really scared that they may do this with Aethas.
    we need to see more rommath is great

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    we need to see more rommath is great
    I agree. Although looking at 7.3, even though he does jack shit, they rather put Aethas than Rommath onto that ship..

10+ Year Old Account
    Gilneas becomes neutral, we use it as a central hub to go fight whatever is going on in Kul Tiras (Boat expansion!). There is no central leader but Sylvanas/Genn are the go to guys for the Horde/Alliance, Khadgar exists as an advisory role/go between for each faction.

Velen/Anduin/Turalyon go do some soul searching to figure out the nature of the light and the void. Alleria starts training void archers for the expansion after next!

You heard it here first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    After discussing this at length with some guildies last night I think its time Khadgar was no longer the go-to person for expansions.

I am hoping that in the next expansion that Jaina and Lor-themar take the lead roles for the individual factions and that the new joint leader is actually Alleria.

The reason for this is if the old gods are the new focus then her recent conversion and teaching puts in directly in line to be the best person.

Thoughts?
    I think the player character will become the faction leader in the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    We will lead our factions. That is what "everyone" wants. We become, class, race, faction leaders

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Aethas isn't really what I'd call a new figure or character. I guess the main drawback would be the chance the character isn't well received - but I guess there's no hope the character would get a 100% approval rating in any case. Mainly the goal would be for it to be new and dynamic - without the baggage of a Khadgar, Aethas, species of Windrunner, or what have you.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Aethas isn't really what I'd call a new figure or character. I guess the main drawback would be the chance the character isn't well received - but I guess there's no hope the character would get a 100% approval rating in any case. Mainly the goal would be for it to be new and dynamic - without the baggage of a Khadgar, Aethas, species of Windrunner, or what have you.
    Well, my concern arises from the fact that he is next to Liadrin the only "Horde" presence on the Vindicaar (even though he isn't really Horde affiliated anyway, but rather Kirin Tor), when there could have been several better characters instead.
    If you're talking about entirely new characters, that would befine with me, but in that case they have to be careful not to give them the Yrel treatment.

Deleted
    I want the Horde feel back in the faction, so no Undead or Blood Elfs to lead our side. (and ofc no Alliance races like Khadgar)
    I am done with the red Alliance faction we currently have.