Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreaknRhinos View Post
    Swalload this is a joke, right?

Seriously. A 12 page joke. As a person that makes consumable products, if our products are even SLIGHTLY affected, we make sure our consumers are happy. We get a couple of reports about products and it's figure out WTF happened and correct it. No excuse, no debate, it's our fault and we will make it right. We get continued business because our product is good and we respect our consumers. Yeah, I say consumers not customers, because I cook for a living. They literally consume my product. Not only do I cook, but I make the menu and prep it. From top to bottom my products, no my entire restaurants products, are about pride and hospitality.

Not only is our products about 10000% more expensive per weight than WoW, but we use only the most fresh ingredients. Which means our product is top notch.

If the consumer doesn't think it's cooked enough or too cooked, I don't go to the table and tell them they are wrong because X, Y, Z. That I'm a 6 years trained, in French cusinise, with 20 years in the business, and a degree in molecular gastronomy. That a steaks Maillard reaction cause proteins/aminos to expand and coagulate, causing toughness in steak when cooked above recommended, which is medium for the average consumer. (Which FAR more explanation, than ANYTHING Q&A has given.)

No, I don't do that, which is EXACTLY what you and the Q&As do/did. No, I fix the problem, by eating costs and getting returning consumers.

The fact you back this shit up is shameful at best, and worst it's just flame baiting. You/Devs are so completely out of touch with the end product that it borders on conspiracy. A conspiracy that Blizzard knew EXACTLY what would happen with the RNG system and went anyways.

The amount of QUALITY feedback during beta/alpha, gives my speculation weight. The fact Blizzard doubled down on the RNG is even more apparent.

Which makes your whole post an ego-stroking, appeal to authority argument so ridiculous, contrite and pointless.
    well said, also did u join just to post that ?
    Way back I used to work as programmer, imagine if costumer asks me to do program that do for example just count bottle numbers seen on camera, i do program that doesn't count bottles, just count let's say the bottle cap only, and refuse to change my program and say that I understand 'better', and still insist i get payed by u costumer because i 'understand' better
    Yes I understand better programming but I'm pretty sure costumer didn't get what he wants
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Are you serious? Druids specifically have a fucking talent to be able to play somewhat effectively as one of the other speccs. I checked your logs, most of your dmg is in kitty form. I imagine you are using the talent, hell I bet you are using the leggo that increases the effectiveness of the talent to 75% instead of 50%. So yeah, not sure how hard you think it would be to do 840k dps as kitty talent form resto druid, with 937 ilvl, on a boss with nearly zero mechanics that you have most likely on farm. But nice try. Also, when we talk about healers doing 800k dps, we are talking about a fight where healers can't just go ham on boss, but instead have to heal the group most of the time. But as I said, good try. Now go play your tricks on someone dump.
    What? Ekoraith increases the movement speed component of the talent not the dps, i'm using Sephuz (unproccable on this fight) and Prydaz as you can see in the log, there are druids capable of doing over 1m. Looking at logs all healers are capable of pulling over 800k besides shaman only doing 796k, so the druid argument is redundant.
    Farm or not healers are in fact capable of doing over 800k so my point still stands, if at 925 you're only able to do 800k dps there is other areas that are going to contribute to increasing that damage far more significantly, not a matter off swapping legendary x for y netting a minor increase.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Seriously. A 12 page joke. As a person that makes consumable products, if our products are even SLIGHTLY affected, we make sure our consumers are happy. We get a couple of reports about products and it's figure out WTF happened and correct it. No excuse, no debate, it's our fault and we will make it right. We get continued business because our product is good and we respect our consumers. Yeah, I say consumers not customers, because I cook for a living. They literally consume my product. Not only do I cook, but I make the menu and prep it. From top to bottom my products, no my entire restaurants products, are about pride and hospitality.

Not only is our products about 10000% more expensive per weight than WoW, but we use only the most fresh ingredients. Which means our product is top notch.

If the consumer doesn't think it's cooked enough or too cooked, I don't go to the table and tell them they are wrong because X, Y, Z. That I'm a 6 years trained, in French cusinise, with 20 years in the business, and a degree in molecular gastronomy. That a steaks Maillard reaction cause proteins/aminos to expand and coagulate, causing toughness in steak when cooked above recommended, which is medium for the average consumer. (Which FAR more explanation, than ANYTHING Q&A has given.)

No, I don't do that, which is EXACTLY what you and the Q&As do/did. No, I fix the problem, by eating costs and getting returning consumers.

The fact you back this shit up is shameful at best, and worst it's just flame baiting. You/Devs are so completely out of touch with the end product that it borders on conspiracy. A conspiracy that Blizzard knew EXACTLY what would happen with the RNG system and went anyways.

The amount of QUALITY feedback during beta/alpha, gives my speculation weight. The fact Blizzard doubled down on the RNG is even more apparent.

Which makes your whole post an ego-stroking, appeal to authority argument so ridiculous, contrite and pointless.
    Cooking a meal is not comparable to WoW. Cooking a meal you make a mean or meals for one person to several people.

If you had to cook a meal for several million people, all at once... don't you think that there would be complaints? Tastes vary, there would be no way around it.

You have some valid points in your arguments, but the two things you are comparing can not be compared very well.

I think a better comparison would be to take a model for a car, that is sold to the public. You have a lot of design, programming and planning that go into it. Do they try to make it to cater to a large enough segment of the public to make it popular? Yes. But are they able to cater to everyone? No. They also generally don't let you return it after purchase (with the exception of a few lots if returned within a day or so of purchase)

Digital product with large varied Player Base =/= your product that is basically individual. When you fix someones issue with your product you are fixing only THEIR issue, it does not affect anyone else using the product. When Blizzard fixes one persons issue with a product they are directly altering the experience for everyone else.

You can't please everyone and really only those who disagree with something are vocal, so everything ALWAYS looks negative. But there are those of us who love the RNG in Legion, me being one of them (aside from the current purpose of the legendary identify items).

Point being, its not as easy for blizzard to please people as it is for you, don't pretend it is.

Blizzard will take the game back to the kitchen and change in in 10 minutes to the exact specifications that were in the menu when you ordered the game.
    All that on a silver plate.

There's already a bunch of comparison with food and restaurants and more posts that explain exactly what you are crying about in that single post you ever did on this account. So I welcome you to read this 12 page jokes and learn from it before thinking that making a game is as easy as making food. Or to think that I agree with what Blizzard is doing, or to even think this thread is about me not wanting people to comment, critic, complain or give feedback about the game.

Call it a 12 page joke, I'm sure you didn't even read the OP entirely before being offended out of your ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Digital product with large varied Player Base =/= your product that is basically individual. When you fix someones issue with your product you are fixing only THEIR issue, it does not affect anyone else using the product. When Blizzard fixes one persons issue with a product they are directly altering the experience for everyone else.

You can't please everyone and really only those who disagree with something are vocal, so everything ALWAYS looks negative. But there are those of us who love the RNG in Legion, me being one of them (aside from the current purpose of the legendary identify items).

Point being, its not as easy for blizzard to please people as it is for you, don't pretend it is.
    ^ This just adds to what I was saying, very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Cooking a meal is not comparable to WoW. Cooking a meal you make a mean or meals for one person to several people.

If you had to cook a meal for several million people, all at once... don't you think that there would be complaints? Tastes vary, there would be no way around it.

You have some valid points in your arguments, but the two things you are comparing can not be compared very well.

I think a better comparison would be to take a model for a car, that is sold to the public. You have a lot of design, programming and planning that go into it. Do they try to make it to cater to a large enough segment of the public to make it popular? Yes. But are they able to cater to everyone? No. They also generally don't let you return it after purchase (with the exception of a few lots if returned within a day or so of purchase)
    This has stuck with me ever since, my first job as a prep cook. Do you know what the difference is between a 3 star Michelin Chef and a McDonald line cook? Attention to detail and the ability to act on it.

The amount of detail I put into my work is VERY comparable, if not more so.

I may not serve near as many people as Blizzard. Though, that wouldn't mean I would sacrifice my quality if I had too. I would meet every consumers demand, numbers don't mean anything.

The disconnect, is that Blizzard thinks WoW is their product, not the players/paying consumers. Much like an author would feel about their work. While, Blizzard might cater to some demands, it's overall "their" product.

The only, the ONLY way to protest and make meaningful change is with the wallet. Quit buying into the product and you will quit getting shitty service.

And I think that's the difference you are looking for, Blizzard really does have an "Us v Them" mentality and it's affecting their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Blizzard will take the game back to the kitchen and change in in 10 minutes to the exact specifications that were in the menu when you ordered the game.

There's already a bunch of comparison with food and restaurants and more posts that explain exactly what you are crying about in that single post you ever did on this account. So I welcome you to read this 12 page jokes and learn from it before thinking that making a game is as easy as making food. Or to think that I agree with what Blizzard is doing, or to even think this thread is about me not wanting people to comment, critic, complain or give feedback about the game.

Call it a 12 page joke, I'm sure you didn't even read the OP entirely before being offended out of your ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Who knew someones head could be so far up their own ass.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Who knew someones head could be so far up their own ass.
    You knew, you're about to make a full lap and come out your own mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

This has stuck with me ever since, my first job as a prep cook. Do you know what the difference is between a 3 star Michelin Chef and a McDonald line cook? Attention to detail and the ability to act on it.

The amount of detail I put into my work is VERY comparable, if not more so.

I may not serve near as many people as Blizzard. Though, that wouldn't mean I would sacrifice my quality if I had too. I would meet every consumers demand, numbers don't mean anything.

The disconnect, is that Blizzard thinks WoW is their product, not the players/paying consumers. Much like an author would feel about their work. While, Blizzard might cater to some demands, it's overall "their" product.

The only, the ONLY way to protest and make meaningful change is with the wallet. Quit buying into the product and you will quit getting shitty service.

And I think that's the difference you are looking for, Blizzard really does have an "Us v Them" mentality and it's affecting their product.
    They really do have an Us vs Them mentality, mostly because they are constantly being attacked by unhappy players, even when the game was in a much better state. It was never all flowers and rainbow. They are trying to help by answering question, which a lot of other companies just don't do at all, so it's a good step, but they're not exactly answering the way people want. Because let's face it, there's a lot of stupid demands in the middle of the actual good feedback people give. They are walking on eggshells and try to please people at the same time.

According to some people, if you made a mistake and brought them a badly cooked meal they would require you to get fired right here right now. And just do a rotation like that constantly getting everyone fired until someone makes exactly what they want.

I'm in no way saying Blizzard is doing everything right. We all know that already, but people think they are doing everything right when most are just yelling shit without thinking. This isn't a thread about THE ISSUE WITH LEGENDARIES AND NOTHING ELSE, it's about bad whiny feedback that needs to be toned down.

For a minute let's just agree that the whole legendary problem is a complete mess, and someone else show up saying "M+ are boring as fuck". That's all he says, it's boring, he offers no reasons why, nothing constructive, and he's one of the extremely few people who complain about one of the most successful feature of Legion. Of course Blizzard won't listen to that, it's bullshit, but that person can still go on all possible forums and claim that Blizzard doesn't listen to feedback.

That same situation in your restaurant would be that if one guy orders what everyone around him is eating, and he happens to not like it even tho it was prepared very well. You can offer him something else but you wont change the entire meal to please that one guy who is wrong while everyone else thinks it's delicious. That's one guy with bad taste, so what? At least you can offer him something different, all Blizzard can do in that situation is try to point that guy in the direction of something else he might find fun in the game. Just sucks to be him I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Making food is much harder. Programming is algorithms, code, and design. You can't code a steak. You have to KNOW a steak. You have to know the marbling, the cut, the type of cow it comes from, the hot spots, the cold spots, temperature range is guess work and seasoning is a shot in the dark. More fat, means a different mouth feel, which means less seasoning is needed, which means cooking to requested temp is even more important. Shit, you don't even give ANY kind of examples, in the OP. You just spout shit, and expect people to eat and then get passively aggressive butt hurt over it.

You want coded food? Go to your local grocery store and pick something that's processed. Because that's what you do, and you think it's hard. What a joke. Consumable products means hospitality. No hospitality means you don't care about how your product is taken. Use or leave it is your motto. I'll leave it.

While, yes, I have a more tailored made experiences on a DAILY basis, then WoW has in a single year. So yeah, bit hard to compare, but I'll dumb it down for you to understand.

You can't appease everyone, and I'm in the business of appeasing everyone. There are failures on both ends of the spectrum, but at the end of the day, regardless, I would never, even in a round about way, tell the consumer I have more knowledge than you. So listen to me. Because it's about them, not me.

So, if you're down with that thinking. You don't care about consumer expectations, and experiences as a whole. "This is my product by it or don't." Will leave you cold and damp at the end of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

They really do have an Us vs Them mentality, mostly because they are constantly being attacked by unhappy players.
    Because it might be possible, that feedback was given. Quality feedback, and Blizzard launched it anyways. The refusing to address the issue other than, we know it's not perfect, deal with it, (In over simplified terms) are exactly why players are unhappy.

Making food is much harder. Programming is algorithms, code, and design. You can't code a steak. You have to KNOW a steak. You have to know the marbling, the cut, the type of cow it comes from, the hot spots, the cold spots, temperature range is guess work and seasoning is a shot in the dark. More fat, means a different mouth feel, which means less seasoning is needed, which means cooking to requested temp is even more important. Shit, you don't even give ANY kind of examples, in the OP. You just spout shit, and expect people to eat and then get passively aggressive butt hurt over it.

You want coded food? Go to your local grocery store and pick something that's processed. Because that's what you do, and you think it's hard. What a joke. Consumable products means hospitality. No hospitality means you don't care about how your product is taken. Use or leave it is your motto. I'll leave it.

While, yes, I have a more tailored made experiences on a DAILY basis, then WoW has in a single year. So yeah, bit hard to compare, but I'll dumb it down for you to understand.

You can't appease everyone, and I'm in the business of appeasing everyone. There are failures on both ends of the spectrum, but at the end of the day, regardless, I would never, even in a round about way, tell the consumer I have more knowledge than you. So listen to me. Because it's about them, not me.

So, if you're down with that thinking. You don't care about consumer expectations, and experiences as a whole. "This is my product by it or don't." Will leave you cold and damp at the end of the day.
    Think is, if we were to walk into a restaurant and order a steak with our differing taste and I order Rare and you order Medium Well neither of us is wrong. But when it comes to wow, we're not ordering separate steaks, we're eating the same steak. I can't have Rare all the time because you like Medium Well, and you can't have Medium Well all the time because I like rare.

Blizzard has to deal with that, on a global scale, where everyone yells at them when they don't like something and constantly calls for jobs when things are the they THEY want them.

- - - Updated - - -

Because it might be possible, that feedback was given. Quality feedback, and Blizzard launched it anyways. The refusing to address the issue other than, we know it's not perfect, deal with it, (In over simplified terms) are exactly why players are unhappy.
    With any portion of Mass feedback the majority will be negative, people who LIKE something don't usually come out and say it, that's why businesses have to offer prizes and incentives for feedback.

I didn't go on the Blizzard forums and talk about how good of an idea the NC was, because it was already there like I wanted it. I did however go there and complain when the changed the final class hall research.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You don't have to be a master chef to know when the toast is burnt.
    That analogy would work if even when the Toast wasn't burnt, people didn't scream and shout because it was Wholemeal instead of Multigrain, when they had paid for Wholemeal but expected Multigrain.

That is literally 99% of the complaints about WoW on this Website. Someone doesn't like something that most players do or don't care about. Suddenly to them the entire game is dying and bad.

Dramaqueens mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Think is, if we were to walk into a restaurant and order a steak with our differing taste and I order Rare and you order Medium Well neither of us is wrong. But when it comes to wow, we're not ordering separate steaks, we're eating the same steak. I can't have Rare all the time because you like Medium Well, and you can't have Medium Well all the time because I like rare.

Blizzard has to deal with that, on a global scale, where everyone yells at them when they don't like something and constantly calls for jobs when things are the they THEY want them.

- - - Updated - - -

With any portion of Mass feedback the majority will be negative, people who LIKE something don't usually come out and say it, that's why businesses have to offer prizes and incentives for feedback.

I didn't go on the Blizzard forums and talk about how good of an idea the NC was, because it was already there like I wanted it. I did however go there and complain when the changed the final class hall research.
    Steam reviews, albeit some of them are jokeish or down right trollish, are the complete opposite, in my experience. Hell, lets look at CS:GO 1 million reviews and overall very positive.

So that kinda flies in the face of what you just said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    That analogy would work if even when the Toast wasn't burnt, people didn't scream and shout because it was Wholemeal instead of Multigrain, when they had paid for Wholemeal but expected Multigrain.

That is literally 99% of the complaints about WoW on this Website. Someone doesn't like something that most players do or don't care about. Suddenly to them the entire game is dying and bad.

Dramaqueens mostly.
    The analogy works because of consumable products, opinion based, and skill based profession. You can tilt the complaints as valid or not, but they are comparable.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a blessing to Ion and Blizzard that the players still care about the game at all, let alone post passionately about it.

There's code, level design, level art, character design, ability design, item design, encounter design, work design, world direction, world art, art direction, concept art, texture, lighting, animation, FX, rigging, shaders, shadows, development testing, bug fixing, integration, quest design, balancing, progression, sound design, sound integration, gameplay programming, and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. I'm sure you're an excellent cook and you put a lot of work into what you do. But you'll never need a team as big as game design to make a meal. Just like a game design team is not enough for many other jobs on earth.

Programming is not even what you're talking about, there's more than one way to make something work it's not a bunch of memorized code lines that you just learn and then hop you go! It's different for every needs and tasks just like you can't cook all meat the same way.

You seem to be missing the point here, like many people who got offended really quick before thinking. This whole thing isn't me saying "stop giving feedback". It's "stop doing it in a whiny way and try to understand why some things dont get instantly changed to your liking".
    Like you said, making games and cooking isn't easy to compare. Cooking takes a few minutes, making games takes several months. But both customers are making demands the exact same way, which is completely wrong. Gamers need to understand that they can't get what they want instantly like it's possible at a restaurant, it just doesn't work like that, and to understand how it works they need to inform themselves. No one needs to be informed about food, they get served in a very short amount of time so they're not unhappy for long, they get their new food and they're happy. That's not a luxury game making has. On top of that, anyone prepared food themselves or saw someone make food, sure it's not as high end as what you are doing, but the basics are there, it's common knowledge. Game making is not common knowledge, most gamers never saw how a game is made, just like someone who only eats a steak and never used a grill won't know how to cook it any decently.

You should be happy you are able to solve a problem in a matter of minute, in my line of work we have people constantly throwing shit at us for months before we can finally show improvement, it's just that long. We go to sleep thinking about what can be done to improve this and that, we stay late trying to make it work, come in the weekends to fix shit exploding, all that while constantly having shit thrown at us. Why? Cuz of the same passion that drives you to make amazing food, it's just that our product takes longer to be ready in almost every aspect, that's the nature of it. We both have to deal with our problems.

EDIT: when I say a few minutes I don't mean like 5-10, I'm sure some fancy stuff can take over an hour, but I guess you understand just wanted to make sure, I'm not saying there's no work or no effort into what you do, not at all, the tasks are just shorter, you don't have 200h+ tasks in your backlog, doesn't mean it's more or less effort, it's just different work.
    Last edited by Swalload; 2017-10-06 at 09:06 PM.

WoW food anology:

You go to a restaurant the is known for its steaks. However, you can not specify your order, its made however the chef feels.

You go and order a steak and its well done, not exactly bad but not that great of a steak either. Many other people around you are getting very well spiced and cooked steaks and you are a little frustrated but see that some people are also getting subpar. You see some people voicing complaints regarding this but they are being polite about it.

You go again hoping to get a nice steak. You get one thats cooked well this time, but its noticeably a bad cut, far to fatty. Once more people all around you are getting a mix of good and bad. You start wondering why they can't be a little more consistent when its no doubt so far you've gotten two inferior steaks. Once more you see people voicing complaints, more than before and some of them are getting testy.

You go a third time, surely this time it will work out! They serve you an unseasoned chop steak. Not only that, they took all the complaints about the random steaks, and decided to make the drinks random too, so alongside your steak you're served a hot class of water. At this point you're furious! You've been here so many times now, and just want one of those amazing steaks you've heard of!

You voice your displeasure with the Chef, who tells you they get these complaints all the time, but its fine, they think this way is best and nothing will change. You and many many other resturaunt goers are now complaining loudly and the Chef keeps saying its to bad, this is how things are staying, they believe its best.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Steam reviews, albeit some of them are jokeish or down right trollish, are the complete opposite, in my experience. Hell, lets look at CS:GO 1 million reviews and overall very positive.

So that kinda flies in the face of what you just said.
    Steams an outlier, there is very little positive feedback ever on ptr changes and such, it's always negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    What? Ekoraith increases the movement speed component of the talent not the dps, i'm using Sephuz (unproccable on this fight) and Prydaz as you can see in the log, there are druids capable of doing over 1m. Looking at logs all healers are capable of pulling over 800k besides shaman only doing 796k, so the druid argument is redundant.
    Farm or not healers are in fact capable of doing over 800k so my point still stands, if at 925 you're only able to do 800k dps there is other areas that are going to contribute to increasing that damage far more significantly, not a matter off swapping legendary x for y netting a minor increase.
    As I mentioned, I miss 2p, 4p, I have shit secondary stats, no ST trinkets (literally moonglaives and kara fire trink, cant remember its name), on top of missing leggos. I mean, I know that leggos aren't the full problem, but if I had them, I'd be able to push 1 mil, which is acceptable for HC ToS and I could then farm the tier sets properly at a good ilvl. Trinkets also.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    It's a blessing to Ion and Blizzard that the players still care about the game at all, let alone post passionately about it.
    Truth. The day that stops is the day wow will start dying.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    PLAYERS: Give us a proper toast. We don't want to eat the burnt ones!
    BLIZZARD: So why do you keep coming back and ordering food, despite us allegedly still serving you the food you don't like?
    PLAYERS: Because you used to serve proper toast here, you twats! (yes I typed that with an english accent)

On a completely unrelated note, your signature is hypnotic. hahahah!
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-10-06 at 09:28 PM.

EDIT: when I say a few minutes I don't mean like 5-10, I'm sure some fancy stuff can take over an hour, but I guess you understand just wanted to make sure, I'm not saying there's no work or no effort into what you do, not at all, the tasks are just shorter, you don't have 200h+ tasks in your backlog, doesn't mean it's more or less effort, it's just different work.
    Scale might be a problem, but the reality is the same. Skill based profession, consumable products, and hospitality. Blizzard is clearly lacking the last, because of the "Us v Them." mentality. I agree part of the problem is over the top complaining.

Though, when quality feedback is given and it's ignored EARLY in development and it still launches it's a BLATANT disregard. The disregard turns to bitterness, and hope that things will change. When more feedback is given, Blizzard even ASKS for it, and it's ignored.

At what point do just say fuck it, say, BLIZZ SUXX GET BETTER SCRUBS OR I AIN'T PAYING?

Blizzard better be glad gamers are a masochistic bunch, and pay for something they don't agree with in hopes of a better product down the line.