Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Gravity is something everyone experiences. Even if they don't understand why it happens, they know it happens because it happens to them.

Disease is not something everyone experiences. Just being told it exists and their bodies need to be injected with whatever you want to inject them with to make sure it won't exist for them can be hard for people to accept as truth if they themselves don't experience it. Scientists, medical workers, etc experience things that the average person doesn't. Going to have to come up with more then "cuz I said so" to convince everyone to allow you to inject their bodies with whatever you want on your demand.
    How about, "I trained my whole life and I'm a medical professional and I know what this does and it's good for you with no side effects, and it will prevent horrible diseases upon you, your family, and the world."? Does that work for you?

The medical profession has plenty of solid reasons for vaxxing the population - none of which the ignorant savages of the anti-vaxxer group ever pay attention to. Anti-vaxx groups are in the same category of intelligence as other, forbidden topic groups.

There is no logical argument that the anti-vaxxers can put forth to back their ridiculous and mildly insane claims. You creating excuses for them - based entirely on ignorance - just makes it worse. You're actually making the problem worse. Thanks?

I think anti-vaccination groups are fact-averse and ridiculous. But they're very rare and not a realistic danger to societal immunities. Exemptions have existed for decades (or longer?). I find this requirement for a vaccination in order to attend school a bit excessive, though in this case it might simply be that she hasn't filed for an appropriate waiver.

Essentially I think that if we can't convince enough of the population to get their kids vaccinated to maintain herd immunity through reasoning with them then our civilisation deserves to get wiped out by disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think anti-vaccination groups are fact-averse and ridiculous. But they're very rare and not a realistic danger to societal immunities. Exemptions have existed for decades (or longer?). I find this requirement for a vaccination in order to attend school a bit excessive, though in this case it might simply be that she hasn't filed for an appropriate waiver.

Essentially I think that if we can't convince enough of the population to get their kids vaccinated to maintain herd immunity through reasoning with them then our civilisation deserves to get wiped out by disease.
    You're OK with an entire population getting eradicated by a completely avoidable disease because a bunch of idiots don't want to get vaccinated?

That's the MMO equivalent of saying it's OK for the entire world server population to die because some fuckwad stood in the fire on a raid boss because it was pretty....

Not vaccinating should be illegal. There is simply no counter argument, even if vaccinations caused these fairy tale issues at the rate anti-vaxxers have been duped into believing, the overall math would still work out in vaccinations favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You're OK with an entire population getting eradicated by a completely avoidable disease because a bunch of idiots don't want to get vaccinated?
    Yep. Failure as a society. Punishable by death.

Obviously this is an absurd scenario. Like I said there's no chance of that happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Not quite sure how "no thanks, I don't want that particular substance injected into me or my kids by you or anyone else" equates to "freaking out".

However, the people who are told "no thanks" tend to "freak out".
    Because because of you telling "no thanks" to vaccines, other people who cannot get those medications (HIV/cancer treatments) are at risk for your irresponsibility. Vaccines are one of the most safe medical procedures on planet earth, and the benefits outweight the costs by many orders of magnitude

- - - Updated - - -

Do I believe them just because they said so? Nope. I just hope for the best if I am unable to verify their words and capitulate to their request to inject me or my kids. What else am I going to do? I don't really have the power to stop anyone or the resources to verify the validity of everything I am told.
    No. just no. and i i'm remember correctly, you were banned for spouting anti vaxxer stupidity on these forums
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

It’s too bad you can’t vaccinate for stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    It should be illegal not to vaccinate your children unless there is a known health concern. No religious exemptions, no philosophical exemptions.
    This. So many deadly diseases have been kicked to the curb because of herd immunity, but these ignoramuses just want to be obstinate because, for some reason, they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    It’s too bad you can’t vaccinate for stupid
    Unfortunately stupid is a preexisting condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Imprisonment is a bit extreme, I think it would've been enough if she had just lost custody of the child. Welp, either way, the kid got away from an anti-vaxxer parent. That's always a win.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    It was a yes or no question... But ok.

Here's the issue, you're combining both invincible ignorance with an unwillingness to try to learn/understand. The research is out there in droves.
    That sums up the attitudes of most people on this issue who are anti choice like crazy religious zealots.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Unfortunately stupid is a preexisting condition.
    This just keeps on going - love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Imprisonment is a bit extreme, I think it would've been enough if she had just lost custody of the child. Welp, either way, the kid got away from an anti-vaxxer parent. That's always a win.
    Agreed - glad the court went this way. Scary times we're living in now - not always certain that the right choice will the one the court chooses.

Someone point me to the religion that actually says "you can't take vaccines". That rule just seems to be there to protect stupid, ignorant people who are hurting their children by letting them hide behind their religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    There needs to be some mechanism in place to make the decision to not vaccinate your child without medical reason extremely unpleasant for the parent. I suppose losing custody of the child is a good start, although that arguably harms the child as well.

Although I seriously question the parenting ability of any parent who decides to not vaccinate their child without medical reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Someone point me to the religion that actually says "you can't take vaccines".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science

It exists. Although the there was a case recently where parents went to jail because they didn't seek health care for their sick child who died. Turns out religious freedom isn't absolute no matter how much the right screams about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, unless your child has an autoimmune disease or some other issue that prevents vaccination (and no, the parent being a drooling idiot who's scared of big words and thinks vaccines cause autism because of one falsified report drummed up by a snake-oil salesman hired to spread anti-science views doesn't qualify) it should be considered neglect to fail to vaccinate your child, or reckless endangerment since you put children who can't be vaccinated at risk of catching potentially-fatal diseases just because you're a brainless fucktard who thinks your fear of big words and scary autism trumps my niece's right to not die of scarlet fever or be crippled for life from polio.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

"But vaccines are ......"
    SCREW YOU, GO GET YOUR SHOTS

I hate anti-vaxxers, but the court in my eyes, shouldn't have the right to force her to vaccinate her child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Do I believe them just because they said so? Nope. I just hope for the best if I am unable to verify their words and capitulate to their request to inject me or my kids. What else am I going to do? I don't really have the power to stop anyone or the resources to verify the validity of everything I am told.
    There's no shortage of literature available about Vaccines...you have the capability to learn everything you need to know...you choose ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I hate anti-vaxxers, but the court in my eyes, shouldn't have the right to force her to vaccinate her child.
    Just as well, the Dad shouldn't have to go to court to get his kid life saving medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    There's no shortage of literature available about Vaccines...you have the capability to learn everything you need to know...you choose ignorance.
    "Here's a bible, it's proof God created you!" Without evidence, words are just words. Not everyone has the resources or ability to work in the evidence fields.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-10-07 at 10:59 AM.