Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

8.0 3rd spec possibilities

I am a new vdh and i was thinking dh could use a 3 rd special spec and what i come up with is a range dps or a hybrid.
    Bare with me please:
    -it will be something different and would resemble a warlock in some extent (locks may get some void themed spec replacing destruction,i don't know maybe another topic for that)
    -it could use a more physical approach to skills as in you wouldn't be casting shadow or fel stuff that much(i think it will be boring and predictable but it will fit) but more of spikes and horns(more earthy looking or not),conjure weapons(go mele for some extent than back to range,for a short time like a dps CD)
    -range animations will be great if we borrow the priest ones that levitate(imagine a demon slowly rising before casting something devastating),we already have demonology so again we can borrow from there(as a starting point at least)
    -a range autoatack will be nice(rising a spike under the target,maybe?)
    -it can be a mix between a conjurer(lets say taking ilidan warglaives for 2 min and going ham) and a summoner(insert any type of demon be that its a full time pet or available for x minutes or seconds)

I was thinking all of this because after this expansion it will lose class identity and it will be nice to offer it a place especially if it will be someting new with a new mechanic(maybe even if its ranged our main stat will still be agility not necessarily intelect)

On other note that could be done even now:
    We can get some glyphs to change our eye color or the particles when we Dash.i think it will be great to have something that you will change constantly because transmogs are such a big deal(so it will help the player with the transmog and the one who is a scribe,and lets face it they need some real 'consumables')

please pitch in with any ideas or what you think would work as a 3rd spec for this class.
    Last edited by mmoc39218c0366; 2017-10-06 at 02:01 PM.

maybe some glyphs that could change eye collors will be nice 2.
    would be cool to have bright blue eyes hidden under my bandana

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but if you want people to take you serious, you need to work on your presentation. Bad grammar and outlines murders an otherwise decent game design (or in this case, specs idea) pitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    would be cool to have bright blue eyes hidden under my bandana
    ahaha good point but still things like that would be nice even for inscription profession and you can add it to spectral sight(as attaching the glyph to smth).i think ppl will use it often to match their transmog

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but if you want people to take you serious, you need to work on your presentation. Bad grammar and outlines murders an otherwise decent game design (or in this case, specs idea) pitch.
    sorry i will edit it as soon as i get home and try to paint a clearer picture.
    Last edited by mmoc39218c0366; 2017-10-06 at 02:02 PM.

Fix what we have first. Also it would still be a melee class with what you suggested. Moving in and out of melee and ranged wastes cast time and loses white hits.

Even red mage in ff14 sits in melee to weave white hits between spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoria View Post
    Fix what we have first. Also it would still be a melee class with what you suggested. Moving in and out of melee and ranged wastes cast time and loses white hits.

Even red mage in ff14 sits in melee to weave white hits between spells.
    maybe it will compensate that loss of white damage during that particular CD.i like the idea of in and out of mele because they are very mobile and people who already play this class like it that way and expect to have something similar than staying in one place and spamming spells

Some sort of ranged spec that works with the scythe-wielding demon hunters would be neat, but honestly they've already got more specs in the game than they can handle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Loramus used to summon felhounds back when he wasn't trapped in a Dreadlord's body. I could see a demonic version of survival as third spec. But that would be melee. I don't really see the relation between fel and throwing spikes at people (maybe summoning those fel pillars that fel lords use that do AoE I guess). Illidan's range mode was him in demon form casting spells and summoning shadow creatures if that helps.
    that sounds interesting.it is my fault because i do not know how to explain exactly(mainly because i do not have a clear definitive picture ) but what i was trying to say is that range spells shouldn't look magical(like shadow bolt) but more physical( really stupid example: ripping a spike from his back and throwing it at a target physical) i'm not a fan of spikes or horns but i want something different than fel and shadow and this seems the only thing that works with the class.

i need to mention that i really do not know that much lore about demonhunter or ilidan for that matter so if you have more examples like that please.

Seems likely that they are going to be adding shared specs, possibly derived from the theme of the expansion. I'm not sure what they would be or how this would work, but I wouldn't expect a dedicated third spec for demon hunters. That seems like an incredibly niche thing to add to the game at this point.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    DH 3rd spec will be a possibility when Warriors get a 4th spec to make them able be a dpser with a shield + weapon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    DH 3rd spec will be a possibility when Warriors get a 4th spec to make them able be a dpser with a shield + weapon
    didn't they tried that in wod... you could dps in prot spec and it was a bust(tho i liked it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but imo was a bust because it was tied into the prot spec, so they were affraid to buff the talent and ended buffing the overall tank spec.

But if they make a spec...
    idk, i would love to play a class that uses weapon + shield as dps, would be unique too., loved glad stance =(

The class really does need a 3rd spec to have parity with everything else. It's obvious that they dropped a 3rd spec due to cost issues, and it hasn't really worked out in regards to player satisfaction, at least from what I've seen. I think getting to skip so much of the leveling is all that is currently propping up the class numbers. Does anyone have a comparison for DHs 1 year in compared to DKs and monks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Occar View Post
    The class really does need a 3rd spec to have parity with everything else. It's obvious that they dropped a 3rd spec due to cost issues, and it hasn't really worked out in regards to player satisfaction, at least from what I've seen. I think getting to skip so much of the leveling is all that is currently propping up the class numbers. Does anyone have a comparison for DHs 1 year in compared to DKs and monks?
    for sure dk's were much more popular and for sure dh are more popular than monks(at least this xpac) that is what i fear.the class will become redudant after this expansion if they do not change smth and give it a place

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Yeah, but imo was a bust because it was tied into the prot spec, so they were affraid to buff the talent and ended buffing the overall tank spec.

But if they make a spec...
    idk, i would love to play a class that uses weapon + shield as dps, would be unique too., loved glad stance =(
    they cant balance current specs. they wont be adding more specs. only reason druids ende dup with 4 was to nerf the hybrid bear/cat playstyle. it wasnt a favor.

thinkin a melee dot spec similar to feral but less emphasis on combo points and bleeds. more chaos/fire damage and perhaps meta turns you into an inquisitor. loads of self heals through dots

With the current theme of light and shadow, I think it would be awesome to have an Archangel build. Think of Retribution Paladin crossed with a Discipline Priest.

Deleted
    Demon hunter should always be somewhat melee.

I doubt they give us a third spec never, but, if they do, it would not feel natural if it were a healer and we already have one tank spec, so it should definitely be a dps spec.

I'd like to say that Havoc will be specialized on steady strong dps which, the longer the fight, the better the DH (don't ask me why, I feel this is the future of havoc) so if we were to put a new spec of dps DH should probably more burst oriented (better AoE, better burst, way worse steady dps, would excel on cleaning trash, on bosses that must be damaged on a certain point, on add summoning..., also probably better for PVP since burst is usually better).
    This spec could reuse Eye Beam, while havoc would still have some aoe, the eye beam of the new spec could be stronger and have less CD, while having other "shadow bomb throwing themed abilities". This new spec should focus on doing strong ranged attacks that would let a debuff mark on the targets, and then they should come to melee and do another skill that would trigger with the debuff and do mass damage.

So it would be a half melee, half ranged.

Of course if the boss in raid environments is not gonna let you go in and out from melee and range, it'll be way worse than havoc, while if the boss is gonna be forcing you to move and leave melee, it's gonna be havoc the losing.

Havoc would end wanting to have crit > mastery > haste and this new spec would want haste > mastery > anything else > crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    thinkin a melee dot spec similar to feral but less emphasis on combo points and bleeds. more chaos/fire damage and perhaps meta turns you into an inquisitor. loads of self heals through dots
    yes please.