Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This just in: Millennials are their parents' children, study confirms.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    I want to buy a small condo for $200k, will you loan me money? I'll pay you back.
    How about you work for the money and they idk save and then buy a condo for 200k?
    Why does some one have to loan you money or you to put your self in to debt just because reasons?

Also for the guy who said my grammar is bad well mate maybe you should take a fapping session and stop been so tense around normal people who don't give a flying fuck how they write on the web ahyueeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    How do you have no money or time? Surely if you have no time it's because your working surely if your working your making money.
    On a scale of 1 to European how out of the loop on the average American are you?

I work 39-45 hours a week and barely make enough to live in a Studio. If I somehow convinced my boss (Which I have tried to do btw, it doesn't fucking work) to double my hours I would still barely be making enough to own a small house on a mortgage that would last until the day I retire. This is, of course, not including things like good health insurance (which sucks about 150 out of my check) taxes (another chunk), and dental (again, another chunk). Not to mention Utilities, Internet, and AC/Heat....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Never thought I'd be defending millennials....sigh

No generations youth, has been taught how to manage their credit, this isn't exclusive to millennials
    Nothing about credit or wealth management was ever taught to me through school or by my family. I had to learn it all on my own, or I had to seek advice, which I did. This isn't a millennial issue, this is just poor education about adulting, which from what I can tell has always been a problem when no one wants to take responsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    On a scale of 1 to European how out of the loop on the average American are you?

I work 39-45 hours a week and barely make enough to live in a Studio. If I somehow convinced my boss (Which I have tried to do btw, it doesn't fucking work) to double my hours I would still barely be making enough to own a small house on a mortgage that would last until the day I retire. This is, of course, not including things like good health insurance (which sucks about 150 out of my check) taxes (another chunk), and dental (again, another chunk). Not to mention Utilities, Internet, and AC/Heat....
    Come on Paula you know who Pie is, this isn't your first rodeo.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    How about you work for the money and they idk save and then buy a condo for 200k?
    Why does some one have to loan you money or you to put your self in to debt just because reasons?

Also for the guy who said my grammar is bad well mate maybe you should take a fapping session and stop been so tense around normal people who don't give a flying fuck how they write on the web ahyueeeeeeeeee
    When did you save your first $200k of disposable income? And how long did it take?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    When did you save your first $200k of disposable income? And how long did it take?
    My point exactly if you haven't worked for it you don't deserve it.
    Now keep on trying to convince me credit is good i want to hear more when you float in debt's you cannot pay because you get laid off of work or you don't make enough to pay your loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbix View Post
    Instead of being taught how to gain credit scores, people should be taught how to avoid being slaves of banks and to stop using credit cards and stop taking on unnecessarily loans.
    getting things like a wireless carrier, renting houses or apartments, and other normal life functions require credit. only a fool would think avoiding credit cards, loans, credit in general is a good idea. keep that train of thought in the loony bin.

just here to help my fellow 30-somethings.

get a home depot or lowe's credit card. buy a few things for your house...or your mom's house...or your significant other's apartment...

JUST PAY THE SHIT OFF BEFORE INTEREST HITS.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

What is Canadian on a scale of 1 - European? Any way I'd say you need a better job or to manage your money better. I don't make a lot but I pay rent in a area I can afford and spend very little of what I earn other then on necessities, over half my money in a month goes to bills yet I still gain in my saving almost every month by not spending a ton of my net profit.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2017-10-07 at 01:00 AM.

find a better job, move to a cheaper location, get roommates.

These "Millenals" studies are dumb, study says.

10+ Year Old Account

YA! Save it up while you pay the mortgage pymt for the person who owns/is buying the place you are living in. It is a very common thing to save the full sum of the property you are looking at and plopping it down on the realtors desk......

Sort of makes me wonder what % of property in the US or anywhere on the planet are paid in full rather than having any portion of the price financed. Surely it is a very large number and makes total sense. I mean I saw Rick telling Morty the were endless realities so I bet there may be one or two.......
    Last edited by Cantheal; 2017-10-07 at 01:03 AM.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    What is Canadian on a scale of 1 - European? Any way I'd say you need a better job or to manage your money better..
    Jokes on you, I manage fine. I will be retired by 55 if I live like I am now. If I lived like I posted in my comment I would never retire. Who knew living frugally saved you money?

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    find a better job, move to a cheaper location, get roommates.
    No. Yes. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    YA! Save it up while you pay the mortgage pymt for the person who owns/is buying the place you are living in. It is a very common thing to save the full sum of the property you are looking at and plopping it down on the realtors desk......
    you cant talk to someone like him, he doesnt live in the real world. its make believe lala land where no one should own a house until they save for 40 years while also paying rent, instead of just their own mortgage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantheal View Post
    No one said its fair.
    Still don't see the problem tough.

My point exactly if you haven't worked for it you don't deserve it.
    Now keep on trying to convince me credit is good i want to hear more when you float in debt's you cannot pay because you get laid off of work or you don't make enough to pay your loans.
    Okay, I guess you're lazy and don't work, either. It's no wonder you don't understand credit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    This is troubling. Hopefully someone with wisdom that comes with age can step in help this generation be more financially responsible

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ays/715240001/
    lol

Neither did Gen X, or the Baby Boomers. I really do get a chuckle out of the magazines going after ever new generation as always somehow being worse or more stupid or lazy or whatever. It's been going on for many, many decades...and I'm sure it'll continue for many more decades to come unless people stop buying into these stupid articles.

I'm a mellennial. I think. Born in 1987.

In any event, I didn't know how to build credit either until my bank told me. I went three years without taking out any loans and my credit went from 677 to 0 because I wasn't in debt. I had no idea what was going on, so I asked and they educated me. It's not even knowledge I thought I had to know.

Now I take out loans for semi-expensive stuff I'm going to buy anyway (Like my $1800 gaming PC), make a sub-account, put the money from the loan immediately into it, and have it take from there every month for 18 months. All I'm basically doing is giving the bank money, but it works. My credit score is 755 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    you cant talk to someone like him, he doesnt live in the real world. its make believe lala land where no one should own a house until they save for 40 years while also paying rent, instead of just their own mortgage.
    You are a clowning argument is that i live in lala land.
    Tell me Mr know it all why do you deserve this loan to buy the house?
    What merits do you have apart from holding a job?
    Why are you more important then the person who is actually working and saving for his better tomorrow and some one just gives you something on a platter that maybe some day you will pay back maybe you wont who knows i mean after all that is how credit is build right?

Oh right you gonna put your freshly bought home with the money from the bank/loaner up as a collateral right?
    Do you not see a problem with that?

Right i think you are the one living in LALA land my friend not me.
    This is how banks keep living off of people and how loan sharks do it but people are so obsessed with keeping credit score that they will dig them self their own graves.
    I'm done with this topic you clearly are the superior intellect here.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one said its fair.
    Still don't see the problem tough.
    Fair?? your missing the point I feel.
    Just because I don't care does'nt mean I don't understand

I know the voices in my head are not real BUT they have some REALLY good ideas