Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Vengeance Rotation

Hello fellow demonhunters,
    i recently started a new main, came from holypaladin, thought about being a druid but the demonhunter toolkit and mobility got me totally. Now that im 110 i need some advice for tanking rotation as well as builds and situational legendarys. I did icy veins, though i dont know how much to trust their guidance. So put me a few informations please

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Hunter-Guide

Very nice and well written guide imo

as Nihal said. the guide is great. i also changed from holy paladin to VDH. read the guide, see a few youtube vid. and then just practice. get your keybinds sortet. I started with doing hc dungoens, and then mythic. now i farm mostly mythic + above 8 and raiding ofc. but the more you pratice, the better you become, and push to know your keybinds and spells =) good luck m8

my rotation 131313131324513131313132451313131313245. Just saying that is how easy it is to play dh tank. I find DH tank alot of fun tbh

DH tank so easy it practically plays itself -also yeah, that guide is good

From a pvp perspective, is Spirit Bomb really the way to go? It seems like it's much harder to apply and make use of the healing from Frailty rather than simply using Soul Cleave...

Quote Originally Posted by Thedude-Illidan View Post
    From a pvp perspective, is Spirit Bomb really the way to go? It seems like it's much harder to apply and make use of the healing from Frailty rather than simply using Soul Cleave...
    Depends, in arena, SC is mostly better but SB does ignore armor and can be used as a burst on target with hitting SB and fracture at the same time. Its harder to get off tho since SB has a "cast time" and target may not be in area by en or fragments may be too far. In bg tho, SB still rocks, in a teamfight, you do pump out alot of damage which you can do even while enemy teams trys to focus you down.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    my rotation 131313131324513131313132451313131313245. Just saying that is how easy it is to play dh tank. I find DH tank alot of fun tbh
    Shear->Fracture->shear->Fracture ->Again those 2->again->Again?->Immo aura-->Spirit bomb->infernal strike? Seems really easy yes tho your "rotation" is wrong and maybe thats why people dislike bringing DH tank to anywhere.

P.S Any tank is easy to play so coming here to troll the OP is not really worth it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    Depends, in arena, SC is mostly better but SB does ignore armor and can be used as a burst on target with hitting SB and fracture at the same time. Its harder to get off tho since SB has a "cast time" and target may not be in area by en or fragments may be too far. In bg tho, SB still rocks, in a teamfight, you do pump out alot of damage which you can do even while enemy teams trys to focus you down.
    Hrm. Well, my thought was more about the healing aspect--Spirit Bomb doesn't actually heal you right? You don't get the health from the fragments that it consumes?

Quote Originally Posted by Thedude-Illidan View Post
    Hrm. Well, my thought was more about the healing aspect--Spirit Bomb doesn't actually heal you right? You don't get the health from the fragments that it consumes?
    Spirit bomb heals you for 15% of the damage it does (Artifact trait that heals you for 15% of fire damage done), You will get the heal from fragments and you will get the painbringer damage reduction and spamming fracture on fraility targets is decent selfheal + using soul cleave on fraility target is huge healing also. Not really noticeable in pvp since all those tank debuffs.

Edit: Fixed misinfo since noone paid attention to my next post.
    Last edited by Tinary; 2017-10-08 at 06:07 PM.

It also applies frailty and heals for that amount. For a single tarfet the healing is fairly low, but when you have a group it scales up tremendously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit bomb heals you for 15% of the damage it does (Artifact trait that heals you for 15% of fire damage done), You wont get the heal from fragments tho but you will get the painbringer damage reduction and spamming fracture on fraility targets is decent selfheal + using soul cleave on fraility target is huge healing also.
    You sure you don't heal from spirit bomb fragment consumption? I thought that was one of the massive buffs to them changing spirit bomb patches ago, that it now counted as a consumption and as a result healing.

Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    You sure you don't heal from spirit bomb fragment consumption? I thought that was one of the massive buffs to them changing spirit bomb patches ago, that it now counted as a consumption and as a result healing.
    You definitely still heal from the soul consumption. In a ST situation consume soul will be your #1 heal.

Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    Yes they should.

Spirit bomb heals you for 15% of the damage it does (Artifact trait that heals you for 15% of fire damage done), You wont get the heal from fragments tho but you will get the painbringer damage reduction and spamming fracture on fraility targets is decent selfheal + using soul cleave on fraility target is huge healing also.
    You do get the healing from the fragments...

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah what's with all the crazy mis-information about not getting heals from the fragments with Spirit Bomb? Do people not check their facts before advising others?

Consuming a soul fragment heals us, regardless of how we consume it. Spirit Bomb, Soul Cleave, and Soul Barrier consume all soul fragments within 25 yards, so all three provide a significant heal that way. All three provide additional effects that determine which you want to use in a given instance. Do you want a damage absorption shield, an emergency heal, or dps combined with applying a debuff that will result in more overall healing?

If you are not going to die in the next GCD, and you want to maximize self healing, you Spirit Bomb. If you need more healing right away, you can follow Spirit Bomb with Soul Cleave for the 1-2 healing punch. The only time you skip straight to Soul Cleave is when you would die before you could complete 1-2, so skipping to 2 is your last best chance. Those instances are rare. Most of the time you can just roll with Spirit Bombs; occasionally you do the Spirit Bomb/Soul Cleave combo, and very very rarely skip to just a Soul Cleave.

May play out differently in PvP; I bow to those with more experience in that content.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Delimit View Post
    You do get the healing from the fragments...
    Yes and I answered to him that you do get and fixed the post since for some reason I was still thinking bout the previous spirit bomb.

Shear->Fracture->shear->Fracture ->Again those 2->again->Again?->Immo aura-->Spirit bomb->infernal strike? Seems really easy yes tho your "rotation" is wrong and maybe thats why people dislike bringing DH tank to anywhere.

P.S Any tank is easy to play so coming here to troll the OP is not really worth it mate.
    I was being sarcastic btw sorry I didn’t put /sarcasm but honestly the rotation is pretty easy

Quote Originally Posted by radiosilence View Post
    Hello fellow demonhunters,
    i recently started a new main, came from holypaladin, thought about being a druid but the demonhunter toolkit and mobility got me totally. Now that im 110 i need some advice for tanking rotation as well as builds and situational legendarys. I did icy veins, though i dont know how much to trust their guidance. So put me a few informations please
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MdwrMk8oPs

Preach has an amazing guide here that will help immensely, it helped me

Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MdwrMk8oPs

Preach has an amazing guide here that will help immensely, it helped me
    I wonder where his info is based off of

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    I wonder where his info is based off of
    Don't worry, we still love you. Some people are just more receptive to the format and style of Preach's videos.