Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The base game is plenty imo
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted

More will be revealed when they stream gameplay on Thursday.

I feel like I must bump this thread. I just installed it Sunday and already have like 20 hours into it.

Anyone else care to keep a convo going on what they've learned?

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    Traffic management is important. Always provide a way for industrial products to reach commercial without going through residential. Roundabouts are king. Don't be afraid to spread out; the game can't handle every single possible tile being used up for a building; there is a limit to the population.

Yes I've noticed traffic is important Gone through 4 cities now (first 3 eventually failed) and learned a lot of things. I've been watching some videos too and noticed everyone says traffic is probably the #1 thing to think about.

My 3rd city was so bad that I had literally 100+ service vehicles all on one street and not able to go anywheres.

My 4th city which I'm still playing just had a new subdivision made the other day and because of some of the videos I've watched I have 0 traffic problems

- - - Updated - - -

I have decided to commit myself to watch this guys series. I've seen the last of them and his city is amazing.

Just finished episode 1 and will watch a few more tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzVhrFoOA1w

- - - Updated - - -

So bit of a mess up on my part. I downloaded a few mods and terraformed the land near one of my cities to build a garbage site. By doing so I messed with the water level which caused flooding. From there I decided to "Reset to sea level", which then caused my water pipes not to be able to collect water. Then I decided to raise the level of water which ended up flooding half my city.

Going to wait it out and see if it slowly leaves. If not I guess I've lost a few hours of progress and will have to exit without saving.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Thought I'd ask here, as sim fans

Anyone tried Aven Colony?
    Looks simiar to CS, but futuristic styled.

https://mothership.itch.io/aven-colony
    OMG, thank you, thank you. I watched a "let's play" video for this game last year, and was interested, and could never find it again!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    I feel like I must bump this thread. I just installed it Sunday and already have like 20 hours into it.

Experiment, and never be afraid to demolish entire areas to improve it. I'll play one way for months, see one YT video, and rethink my entire approach. Just a couple of weeks ago, I watched a guy named Flabaliki's videos, who made me rething a few things, he's a good builder.
    My advice:
    Build slow.
    Don't load up on mods until you have a good grasp of the base game.
    Don't go for quantity, go for quality. You can race to 100k with a boring grid city, but that's no fun.
    Just because something is available, doesn't mean you have to add it - especially transportation.
    Pay attention to everything - sometimes all you need is to add a policy, or raise taxes.
    Don't cram everything together. The sims will go far to get what they need. Give your cities breathing room, especially around industry and highways.

Once you get the base game settled, go nuts. A couple of must-have mods are Precision Engineering, MoveIt!, and Traffic Manager: Presidential Edition.

Don't be afraid of the map or asset editors. They're a lot of fun. If something annoys you about a standard map - change it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    OMG, thank you, thank you. I watched a "let's play" video for this game last year, and was interested, and could never find it again!

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, you're welcome. It's a great game & has already had free content added since release

Another CitySim game is en route & worth checking out.
    FrostPunk. By the same chaps that made This War of Mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Ha, you're welcome. It's a great game & has already had free content added since release

Another CitySim game is en route & worth checking out.
    FrostPunk. By the same chaps that made This War of Mine.
    I saw the trailer for Frostpunk, I'm definitely interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I saw the trailer for Frostpunk, I'm definitely interested.
    There's a few plays of it on youtube, limited to in game ten days limit. Definitely keeping peepers on it.

If you haven't tried it, the game is free on Steam until Sunday.

https://twitter.com/Cities_PDX/statu...70247858737152

I can't recommend this game enough. While the game isn't perfect, it is still incredible, and the mod support is through the roof. If you feel there's something missing in the base game/DLC, you can almost certainly find a mod for it.

9/10. Go try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I can't recommend this game enough. While the game isn't perfect, it is still incredible, and the mod support is through the roof. If you feel there's something missing in the base game/DLC, you can almost certainly find a mod for it.

9/10. Go try it!
    Yeah, on the one hand it's pretty jarring the amount of DLC that's available for this game (£70 outside of sales) but on the other a lot of the improvements I would want from it can be gained for free from the Steam Workshop.

I've been playing a fair bit as since I figured out how to make the cities look okay, my first ones were too blocky but that's because I had picked up habits in SimCity2013 that didn't translate very well. After watching some of Sips' videos I got much better and I'm currently trying to fill the whole map. I'm cheating my ass off (unlimited cash, all milestones and every square unlocked from the start and the effectiveness of service building massively boosted) because I find the gameplay aspects a bit tedious, but overall I'm still really happy with the results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooooh parks. This is a long-time coming, I can make Six Flags

This DLC is pretty fun. Nice having a use for industry over stacking offices. Plus I had no idea it was even in the works.

They announced it less than two weeks ago, so no blaming you on that!

This and Parklife is on my shortlist for the holiday sales.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    They announced it less than two weeks ago, so no blaming you on that!

This and Parklife is on my shortlist for the holiday sales.
    I think there's some kind of Paradox sale going on right now, I think I got an email from greenmangaming about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.