Urgh. Had to be Savathun's Song for this weeks Nightfall. And a meh modifier as well where you only regen while moving.

Savathun's Song and Exodus Black are the only 2 I dislike. Wish Lake of Shadows would come up in Nightfall.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-03 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its just the default spawn in for both. No set up or anything. Just zone in and hit the screenshot button in both.
    Yeah, it wasn't about the comparison itself, but rather with the environment the two screens are taken. You should find a similar place with similar colors/exposure and take a screen. Sounds stupid, but it's just how it works.

Agree that the second screen looks generally bland and less refined than the first one.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    As expected, the shader wins the rally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was there ever really any doubt? Since D1 Dead Orbit was the cool kids club.

Shame too, the Pulse Rifle was the best choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Since this is a question on the Destiny Forums, I figured i'd provide the answer before it is asked here.

Since Dead Orbit won, the guns from FWC and New Monarchy are not available at all.

Only the winning Faction will offer their special weapon. If your faction did not win, their special weapon is not available for purchase.

If your not part of the winning faction, you can purchase the special weapon (Dead Orbit this week) for 50,000 Glimmer.

If you were part of the winning faction, you can purchase the special weapon for 1,000 glimmer.

If there are any other questions related to this, let me know.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wish Lake of Shadows would come up in Nightfall.
    That will never happen for at least the first year of D2 because Bungie is a bunch of fucking sellouts and did one year long exclusivity deals with Sony. Exclusive strikes are never the Nightfall because the Xbox (and now PC) community can't run the strike.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    As expected, the shader wins the rally.
    Anyone expecting anything other than a black/white shader/dye to win in a video game setting was either kidding themselves or just straight up delusional. Black/white are generally the most popular gear colors in almost every video game ever that allows you to color your gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Shame too, the Pulse Rifle was the best choice.
    Except that it really wasn't. Pulse rifles in general are pretty "meh" right now in D2 and that particular pulse rifle was nothing amazing (especially in PvE....would have been straight up trash in PvE). There's a reason why you're generally only seeing auto rifles and scout rifles in most aspects of the game right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Since this is a question on the Destiny Forums, I figured i'd provide the answer before it is asked here.

Since Dead Orbit won, the guns from FWC and New Monarchy are not available at all.

Only the winning Faction will offer their special weapon. If your faction did not win, their special weapon is not available for purchase.

If your not part of the winning faction, you can purchase the special weapon (Dead Orbit this week) for 50,000 Glimmer.

If you were part of the winning faction, you can purchase the special weapon for 1,000 glimmer.

If there are any other questions related to this, let me know.
    Not sure why there was any confusion on this. Bungie literally stated exactly how this would work BEFORE the rally ever began. I understood exactly how the winning weapon offering would work the first time they talked about it.

Guess it's just a bunch of dumb people/people who don't pay any fucking attention to what's said. Par for the course for the internet though....
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-10-04 at 06:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    That will never happen for at least the first year of D2 because Bungie is a bunch of fucking sellouts and did one year long exclusivity deals with Sony. Exclusive strikes are never the Nightfall because the Xbox (and now PC) community can't run the strike.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone expecting anything other than a black/white shader/dye to win in a video game setting was either kidding themselves or just straight up delusional. Black/white are generally the most popular gear colors in almost every video game ever that allows you to color your gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Except that it really wasn't. Pulse rifles in general are pretty "meh" right now in D2 and that particular pulse rifle was nothing amazing (especially in PvE....would have been straight up trash in PvE). There's a reason why you're generally only seeing auto rifles and scout rifles in most aspects of the game right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why there was any confusion on this. Bungie literally stated exactly how this would work BEFORE the rally ever began. I understood exactly how the winning weapon offering would work the first time they talked about it.

Guess it's just a bunch of dumb people/people who don't pay any fucking attention to what's said. Par for the course for the internet though....
    To the first part. I used the scout rifle last night, and I wasn't impressed at all. The perks on it are not great, and the weapon itself just felt lack luster. Kind of a poor reward for a weeks worth of community effort.

As for the second part. I can only offer a simple answer. People are too dumb, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I think the weapons are a symptom of the same thing that happened by house of wolves. Everyone had this very small pool of 'do this activity for this thing' and everything else was garbage and later infusion fuel. So far in D2 i have been using scathelock, sunspot and tarantula pretty much exclusively because every reward i get is only good for infusions or trashing. Things like rocket launchers i used all the time in D2 are just not as impressive when its competing with snipers and especially linear fusion rifles. Sure at close range the exotic one is okay but are you going to give up an exotic energy weapon for it? no never. There is no situation where a low ammo close range weapon is as desirable as something like sunspot or the arc smg exotic for shredding shields or nuking packs. So the event has to either do two things. Be 'alright' rewards that arent anything special because two groups will always be shafted and if you miss it you have to wait another month to try for it and hope your faction wins again, or make them OP and invalidate everything else right now that all seems to drop the same small weapon pool only good for infusing stats.

I hope RoI being made later in D2 development means theres content down the line that is going to offer more Rise of Iron style legendaries like the Fallen sniper rifle that had a bonus against certain enemy types AND a special effect as well. Things you want to chase. Because right now all 3 of my characters got Scathelock which is an auto rifle that shread even at long range and what do you replace it with? something with lower damage and worse range? because thats all kinetic weapons for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I think the weapons are a symptom of the same thing that happened by house of wolves. Everyone had this very small pool of 'do this activity for this thing' and everything else was garbage and later infusion fuel. So far in D2 i have been using scathelock, sunspot and tarantula pretty much exclusively because every reward i get is only good for infusions or trashing. Things like rocket launchers i used all the time in D2 are just not as impressive when its competing with snipers and especially linear fusion rifles. Sure at close range the exotic one is okay but are you going to give up an exotic energy weapon for it? no never. There is no situation where a low ammo close range weapon is as desirable as something like sunspot or the arc smg exotic for shredding shields or nuking packs. So the event has to either do two things. Be 'alright' rewards that arent anything special because two groups will always be shafted and if you miss it you have to wait another month to try for it and hope your faction wins again, or make them OP and invalidate everything else right now that all seems to drop the same small weapon pool only good for infusing stats.

I hope RoI being made later in D2 development means theres content down the line that is going to offer more Rise of Iron style legendaries like the Fallen sniper rifle that had a bonus against certain enemy types AND a special effect as well. Things you want to chase. Because right now all 3 of my characters got Scathelock which is an auto rifle that shread even at long range and what do you replace it with? something with lower damage and worse range? because thats all kinetic weapons for me right now.
    I guess I need to give this Scathelock a shot since I have been hearing some good things about, I just keep one in my vault because I have really come to enjoy my Origin Story a lot. Typically I run Origin Story/Sunshot or Riskrunner/Hoosegow though the rocket launcher gets changed out based on what I feel I need, be it a sniper or a fusion rifle.

I also really just got turned onto a Nameless Midnight for a Scout Rifle option in the Kinetic Slot, it actually packs a pretty good punch and feels very steady and reliable with the explosive rounds on every shot.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

This Week at Bungie:

So apparently Iron Banner doesn’t factor Power Level in anymore (and IMO, the armor for it looks like complete ass). The prestige raid will NOT be increasing the maximum power level. It will simply drop a different colored version of the gear we already have from normal mode. There’s no more word on anything substantial happening before the first DLC comes out. No word on many of the bugs and glitches that have been plaguing the game since launch. And apparently we all just need to shut up about the lack of any meaningful endgame content because D2 is all about making friends and playing with them. It shouldn’t matter that there isn’t anything fun or worthwhile to do with said friends.

Wow. Just wow. Bungie has lost their fucking minds and this game is going nowhere in a hurry.

Wow. Just wow. Bungie has lost their fucking minds and this game is going nowhere in a hurry.
    Wow, Ya so this is turning out to be my worse fear with the game. Its clear as hell Bungie did not learn shit from Destiny 1.

Kinda happy I haven't played for weeks now. I hope to see some good news but all I keep seeing is shit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

My initial response is 'thank god FFXIV gets 4.1 next week'. I think the burn out stage is hitting for a lot of people and a pvp event and different colours isnt going to keep that many of them playing if they dont pvp and dont like those colours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Wow, Ya so this is turning out to be my worse fear with the game. Its clear as hell Bungie did not learn shit from Destiny 1.

Kinda happy I haven't played for weeks now. I hope to see some good news but all I keep seeing is shit.
    "I'm not gonna have fun now because I might not have fun in the future"

What a silly and childish way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    "I'm not gonna have fun now because I might not have fun in the future"

What a silly and childish way of thinking.
    What in the fuck are you talking about? I haven't played for weeks because the game became a boring mess and the raid is a fucken Joke. I am happy I didn't waste more time with the game then I have in the hope it improves.

Ill see what the updates offer and decide if its worth my time again.

I enjoyed my time up to max level, But endgame currently is crap.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

To me it just looks like consoles got the shortest stick right now. They're preparing everything for PC launch, another month passes, then DLCs start to come out and other stuff.

Basically to me the whole thing reeks of "we're waiting for pc sales and then see what to do".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    To me it just looks like consoles got the shortest stick right now. They're preparing everything for PC launch, another month passes, then DLCs start to come out and other stuff.

Basically to me the whole thing reeks of "we're waiting for pc sales and then see what to do".
    You know what I never thought about that, But now that you have said it... Ya I think that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

You may well be right, but I wonder if it won't end up biting them in the ass.

The news coming out of Console that people are already getting bored could hurt their PC sales.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You may well be right, but I wonder if it won't end up biting them in the ass.

The news coming out of Console that people are already getting bored could hurt their PC sales.
    If the internet is to be believed, then there are already quite a few people canceling their PC preorders based on the shallow and boring game they've seen so far.

And like with any game that releases on both consoles and PC, the PC community will be much smaller in general.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-10-07 at 10:31 AM.

Dunno, everything I've looked up makes me want to play the game. I pop in here from time to time just to see what people are saying but its just the same people who post in every relatively new game thread and bicker in circles. This is very much an echo chamber.

As soon as I saw people bitching about updates on consoles the immediate thought was *no shit, they have multiple platforms and the PC release is delayed which can only mean they're having to spend that extra time getting it ready.* Also its just common sense to use the console platforms as a test run to then tweak things for the PC release. Being on bnets not exactly insignificant and I'm sure there's plenty of players like myself who don't own a console and wanted to play destiny 1 planning on picking this up when it comes out.

Considering the shitstorm I saw everywhere about destiny 1 and the fact that it still managed to survive till destiny 2 + destiny 2 being on bnet I'm not terribly worried for this game.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Dunno, everything I've looked up makes me want to play the game. I pop in here from time to time just to see what people are saying but its just the same people who post in every relatively new game thread and bicker in circles. This is very much an echo chamber.
    You can go search many forum sites, Youtube and twitch. You will see that the issues we have posted here are not just a echo chamber. If you think you will enjoy the game then good hope ya do.

But myself and others have been down this road before with Destiny 1 and sadly it seems they are repeating it.

As soon as I saw people bitching about updates on consoles the immediate thought was *no shit, they have multiple platforms and the PC release is delayed which can only mean they're having to spend that extra time getting it ready.
    That isn't really true since its likely they have a 2nd team working on the PC port. That still does not explain the lack of content current and the shitty raid we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

As soon as I saw people bitching about updates on consoles the immediate thought was *no shit, they have multiple platforms and the PC release is delayed which can only mean they're having to spend that extra time getting it ready.* Also its just common sense to use the console platforms as a test run to then tweak things for the PC release. Being on bnets not exactly insignificant and I'm sure there's plenty of players like myself who don't own a console and wanted to play destiny 1 planning on picking this up when it comes out.

Considering the shitstorm I saw everywhere about destiny 1 and the fact that it still managed to survive till destiny 2 + destiny 2 being on bnet I'm not terribly worried for this game.
    So valid critique about a game is "bitching"?

Come on man. Don't pull that argument out of the hat. Destiny 2 is a good game but it really does have it's flaws. And trying to act as though we should just ignore any critique is silly.

PC release being delayed is fine. What do you want people to do in this thread? Praise the game consistently like it's the greatest thing to ever walk on the face of gaming? Both blind hate and acting like the game can do no wrong go hand in hand in creating an echo chamber and both attitudes are unhealthy. No game is perfect and no game is without flaws.

I mean I'd recommend people get Destiny 2. But the endgame really does get bland after a while which I'm hoping the first DLC or full expansion fixes.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-07 at 03:17 PM.