Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Case is so damn weird. Daily coverage by danish news because of the bizarre circumstances. A rather "famous" person who built his own submarine and even rockets, has murdered (possibly accidental, nobody knows), a swedish journalist, with weird changing stories, body found with limbs and head cut off. It reads like a novel, and is damn weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Am I the only that finds it somewhat scary that he supposedly took such detail into consideration? Do we like need a scan of that area to ensure more bodies aren't tied to the bottom of the sea?
    That was my thought exactly. Seems like he's put a lot of thought (or practice) in to this.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Mad inventors.
    Sunken submarines
    Headless bodies.

This sounds like something out of a novel.
    Hah! That's kinda like how I was reading it as well! :P

Crazy case, cant wait to see it in cinema.

He would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids.

How I believe it happened:

He tried getting into his pants
    She said no
    He became full of rage since "how can someone resist ME??"
    He killed her
    He tried to hide it
    He got caught

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I didn't imply he necessarily is a serial killer. Just that this wasn't his first murder/kill.

A couple of things indicate this. First, the motive for the killing. The most plausible reason is that the killing happened accidentally. If it didn't, it implies some kind of "serial killerish" behaviour. The inventor and the journalist hardly knew each other - there shouldn't be a real motive for a murder unless it's some kind of serial killerish murder thing.

The submarine as a murder scene and the way he tried to hide the murder are strongly against premeditated murder. Because murdering someone on the boat, sinking it and throwing the body in pieces to the sea is a stupid idea as we have noticed.
    You make a few interesting points, but I'd like to counter in saying that "Well, all Serial Killers start somewhere with a first kill!" And as you pointed out, he was pretty damn sloppy about it! That's kinda a sign of a starter kill as well... :P

The sad part is, I could almost (again..ALMOST) see his story being plausible if he had simply said he panicked when she died, thinking they would tie her accidental death to him (weither he was accused of deliberate murder or simply responsibility due to negligence of safety protocols on his sub) - so he sawed the identifiable parts off and abandoned the body out of purely being in a state of irrational panic, even up to "sinking" his prized sub out of personal fear. But, he didn't say that. He keeps changing the story - and the one about the propeller happening to strategically chop off the identifiable parts is really screaming desperation here to cover it up. And, as the song goes - the act of covering up makes it worse than the crime itself...

I guess my point is - if it happened the way I outlined above (which I really don't believe), he would've been FAR better to have said that all upfront than to keep making a shifting lie out of panic, which is only going to make him look far more guilty of premeditated murder than possible involuntary manslaughter (or whatever it would be called).

EDIT:

Ahhh...just read this post up here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Police also reopened a very old case with similarities apart from the submarine part.
    Yeah, this might change my theory of a "first kill" then. >_<
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2017-08-25 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    How I believe it happened:

He tried getting into his pants
    She said no
    He became full of rage since "how can someone resist ME??"
    He killed her
    He tried to hide it
    He got caught
    I know it's a typo - but I just wanted to point out that in simply misprinting "She" into the word "He" paints a WHOLE different kind of hysterical picture in my head of what happened! :P

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Because that fact really doesn't occur to some people.

I'm touching upon how egregiously and, frankly, downright predictable this forum's usual suspects become to grandstand without an iota of what the situation is about.

I just thought I'd beat it to the punch.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not claiming terrorism and I read the entire article.

So... not really much of a comparison.
    You're literally the only one talking about it though. You had the first comment, had to bait, are the only one talking about it, and you come up with this response. Jesus man, you're a walking fucking stereotype of start shit from nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally think the whole thing went down like this:

1) This project is his baby, his lifes work, and he was probably stoked that someone wanted to do an article on it
    2) Something happened while at sea, my guess is a major malfunction which lead to one of the follow scenarios
    -The major malfunction looked really bad, and she told him she was going to ruin him in the piece because she was scared for her life as the vessel was sinking, so he
    decided to kill her to save himself from the embarrassment of his lifes work going up in flames.
    -Major malfunction killed her, he knew he was liable, so he tried to cover it up because he knew he was fucked, and it back fired bad

I think it's possible there actually was some accident onboard, he might have panicked at that point and dumped the body.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Let's see, we have the buzz words:

-Swedish
    -Female
    -Journalist
    -Missing
    -Beheaded

I've seen a lot less lead to people claiming terrorism. And I've really no reason to expect some posters to read past that first line without jumping to some sort of stilted conclusion

Or are you saying that all of the "anti-islam" posters on here always respond with tact and well-thought out responses?
    The fact you instantly had to bring it up means that you yourself think that crimes like this automatically seem to be done by people of the "Islamic" persuasion thus needed to quickly make sure people knew it wasn't them for once. Congratulations, you are a hypocrite.

On-topic: This is a pretty fucked up situation. Sounds like a bad movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I didn't imply he necessarily is a serial killer. Just that this wasn't his first murder/kill.
    The FBI defines serial killing as "a series of two or more murders, committed as separate events, usually, but not always, by one offender acting alone"

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    I think it's possible there actually was some accident onboard, he might have panicked at that point and dumped the body.
    Except for the part where he cut off the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Straight out of a show.

Intriguing and sad. Why did he kill her, I wonder? Did he try to make a move on her while they were down below and she rebuffed his advances?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Intriguing and sad. Why did he kill her, I wonder? Did he try to make a move on her while they were down below and she rebuffed his advances?
    Unknown, really.

The self proclaimed scientist had multiple different stories that kept changing until they found her body -(parts). Then he suddenly stuck with, there was an accident and he had to dump the body.

She was invited out to sail in his own submarine, out at sea, this creation of his came into problems and sank. He was the only one found at that time. Only later on, did they find pieces of her body.

This 'scientist' was meant to have been honoured at a cultural festival in Aarhus (Larger city in the northern part of Jylland, Denmark). Though, after hearing this, the director had to remove his claim of the movie, and the movie from the festival.

My theory was, she was meant to have interviewed him about this movie when, well the unknown, problems happened onboard. Maybe a sexual approach that wasn't mutual, or an accident that would've hurt his name.

Currently, he's still held by the police, and multiple sources are against him.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Journalist Kim Wall's head found in sea near Copenhagen
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41536552

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So...what's to talk about? Someone murdered someone else and tried to cover it up.
    We could discuss his alias (Rocket Madsen/Raket Madsen) or his Rocket Madsens Space Laboratory (Raket Madsens Rum-laboratorium)?

Her being a journalist doesn't have any relevance to her death.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Her being a journalist doesn't have any relevance to her death.
    Yeah except the fact that she wouldn't have met her killer if it wasn't for the story she wrote.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-10-07 at 11:02 AM.