Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    cool thx, hadent noticed them, or if i did they escaped me
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    Well...I'm convinced. Lets do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Only way it's going to happen. The rest of these folks are lost in denial.
    Or just looking at the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post

[img]https://puu.sh/wWCqX/e3f80c8920.png
    Despite that being a possbility, i still think naga if made playable should have an elven sub-race form for several reasons. Firstly gotta watch that we just don't keep adding more monsters/animal without end turning the races into a menagerie, with the bi-pedal form useable in combat and the default for mounts, this solves that problem.

Lets also not leave the blood elves as the only "pretty" option on the horde, and an elvenisedform with some sea feature customizations to it could do the trick.

I also love the idea of the naga mounts being a carriage driven by sea horses and the way they use other mounts is simply to have that mounting pull their carriage. However in addition to that, they shoudl be able to ride the actual mount and thus a bi-pedal form would be good. You can say that if you mount in bi-pedal form you actually ride the mount. If you mount in naga form you rigde the carriage. However while on the carriage in naga form, you can switch back to bi pedal ofrm in the carriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Despite that being a possbility, i still think naga if made playable should have an elven sub-race form for several reasons. Firstly gotta watch that we just don't keep adding more monsters/animal without end turning the races into a menagerie, with the bi-pedal form useable in combat and the default for mounts, this solves that problem.

Lets also not leave the blood elves as the only "pretty" option on the horde, and an elvenisedform with some sea feature customizations to it could do the trick.

I also love the idea of the naga mounts being a carriage driven by sea horses and the way they use other mounts is simply to have that mounting pull their carriage. However in addition to that, they shoudl be able to ride the actual mount and thus a bi-pedal form would be good. You can say that if you mount in bi-pedal form you actually ride the mount. If you mount in naga form you rigde the carriage. However while on the carriage in naga form, you can switch back to bi pedal ofrm in the carriage.
    Why the fuck do you want this bipedal form so badly? What the fuck is your obsession with elves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've seen that shitty sidesaddle picture multiple times and it doesn't get any better each time it's linked by one of you desperate folks. It just gets more and more sad and pathetic.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I don't really understand the amount of hate toward playable naga?

More races aren't going to break the game, like new classes would. Hell, it might even garner more subscribers if people have more race options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, keep them as hated and an enemy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    To call for an Ursula obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Yeah, I've seen that shitty sidesaddle picture multiple times and it doesn't get any better each time it's linked by one of you desperate folks. It just gets more and more sad and pathetic.
    1. I'm not desperate. Being desperate would be proposing to changing the core characteristics of a race just to include them.
    2. It's something that can be done which would work perfectly fine to keep Naga as Naga instead of fish elves.
    3. Can you give a factual argument why the side-saddle picture wouldn't work?

1. I'm not desperate. Being desperate would be proposing to changing the core characteristics of a race just to include them.
    2. It's something that can be done which would work perfectly fine to keep Naga as Naga instead of fish elves.
    3. Can you give a factual argument why the side-saddle picture wouldn't work?
    blizzard won't do it unless they feel it would be a slam dunk. and so far based on those images, it won't be. But who knows if they could come up with something kinda awesome, ..depends on who's going to do the art or push for it in the meetings. Tell you this though, a well done player /fanart piece depicting this very well can have an enormous effect on making something not thought possible , quite possible and quite cool. Seeing is believing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    blizzard won't do it unless they feel it would be a slam dunk. and so far based on those images, it won't be.
    Well yeah, it's something someone doodled in a minute or two. I'm sure if someone wanted to they could put the effort in and make something much better (Like the Naga on the Goblin Trike)

Well yeah, it's something someone doodled in a minute or two. I'm sure if someone wanted to they could put the effort in and make something much better (Like the Naga on the Goblin Trike)
    yeah, i often wish i could do great visual images.. i have them in my mind, but ca't translate them to the screen or paper. It would have gone a long way to show many of the ideas i have had rather than describe them. I find that people often don't get what i'm describing bsed on words a lone, and the visual impact can go a long way to showing someone how that thing can be so cool in ways they hadn't imagined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Why the fuck do you want this bipedal form so badly? What the fuck is your obsession with elves?
    Why the fuck did you get so fucking triggered at someone envisaging a new race with legs? What the fuck is your obsession with elves?

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    People still swore that anyone who believed DH would ever happen were idiots and it was impossible cuz warlocks had their spells and blablabla
    That doesn't make the two equivalent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    WoD is still canon whether you like it or not.
    I refuse. I feel as though it is perfectly acceptable for the community to ban together and whitewash that expac away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon ANX View Post
    DHs would like to have a word with you. I remember when bassically every thread about DH playable would have "Demon Huntes aren't going to happen. Seriously. Ever. Stop trying to make Demon Hunters happen."
    Surprise Legion came .
    No, i dont play DHs as i only play mage(Fire or Arcane, never Frost) and i dont care about Nagas playable as i only like Worgens and Blood Elfs.
    So before you make this kind of statment you should be careful or Blizz can burn your mouth
    The reasons DH wouldn't happen were entirely different than nagas. They are not comparable.

Nagas won't happen because they have no legs and armor would be a nightmare. The solution of "make them sea elves with a naga form" is really just adding more elves in a game already inundated with elves...aka not a solution at all.

Nagas won't happen because of technical limitations with having no legs in a game with 12+ years of armor based on having legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I'd say the no-legs armor thing is not really as big of an issue as it might seem. Here's an image that someone linked in a Reddit thread I made a while back about writing the lore for new races:

While it isn't perfect, the only real major glaring flaw using a current armor set on the current model is the helmet, which we've already seen several other races work around. This also likely would not be the model Blizz would use were playable Naga to come into the game. Every new race that comes into the game gets a new model or model update, there's no reason Naga would be any different.

All you would need to do is make the spikes a hairstyle (so helmets hide them), make sure you have the helmets fit the model, use the sidesaddle mount implementation linked above for mounts...and that should by my count be all of the issues Naga would have being a playable race. No need to go bipedal, the issues are already handled.

My main question after looking through this thread is why people want bipedal Naga so much. We've not to my knowledge seen any lore regarding a set of sea elves, plus the sea elves I've seen described really aren't the Naga we've seen thus far. It can work without the bipedal form and we have plenty of other elves we can add if we want...so why bipedal Naga?

You don't.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

There's no point introducing Nagas if they aren't the snek people we all love to see.

But it's quite doable to get over the tail 'problems'.

Riding mounts is easy

About pants, boots, and everything inbetween: boots will simply become an anklet. Boots on hooves aren't a problem, boots on paws aren't a problem, Blizzard doesn't even shy away from completely disabling boot graphic on some items on Worgen, Draenei, Troll, etc.
    Pants are just going to go around the base of their body, or Blizzard can go a long way and create special model for Nagas, where each pants would be a series of bracelets along the whole tail.

Nothing about it is too hard to do.

Making a square peg fit in a round hole by hacking bits off the square peg, or hacking away at the round hole.
    That is what this amounts to.
    Having to "make it work" makes it obvious that it doesnt fit.
    What you end up with isn't naga any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    If I can play a naga, I couldn't careless about mount and item

just make boots and legs invisible(literally make all item slots invisible for all I care) and say nagas can't mount, I will be perfectly fine with it.

all the better if more customization options are given