Thread: Useful trolling

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Useful trolling

I was reading the wikipedia page for internet troll and it got me wondering if there is any way we could harness the power of bored basement dwellers for the common good.

Last week I received a letter from the jehovah witnesses. At first i was disappointed because i never saw one in real life but then they left me this pamphlet about how we will be resurrected and stuff.

Its in french but the really interesting part is you can fill the form to schedule another visit from the jehovah witnesses. So i went back to the mailboxes and took out all the form they left for my neighbors and now i'm able to send jehovah witnesses anywhere across the city by filling these form and mailing them back.

Best part is they cant tell who's filling the form so they have no idea its me and i already tried it on my brother they actually went to see him with bibles and stuff

But i dont want to use my jehovah witness bending powers irresponsibly to just troll random people. I thought about sending them to bother the mayor who installed anti homeless spikes on public benches but I think we can do better

anyways im open to suggestions thanks ins advance guys

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    I was reading the wikipedia page for internet troll and it got me wondering if there is any way we could harness the power of bored basement dwellers for the common good.

Last week I received a letter from the jehovah witnesses. At first i was disappointed because i never saw one in real life but then they left me this pamphlet about how we will be resurrected and stuff.

Its in french but the really interesting part is you can fill the form to schedule another visit from the jehovah witnesses. So i went back to the mailboxes and took out all the form they left for my neighbors and now i'm able to send jehovah witnesses anywhere across the city by filling these form and mailing them back.

Best part is they cant tell who's filling the form so they have no idea its me and i already tried it on my brother they actually went to see him with bibles and stuff

But i dont want to use my jehovah witness bending powers irresponsibly to just troll random people. I thought about sending them to bother the mayor who installed anti homeless spikes on public benches but I think we can do better

anyways im open to suggestions thanks ins advance guys
    Hmm... you're right. Very useful. You've helped them to realize a flaw in their approach. Hopefully they caught on to your generous gesture and now will make telephone follow-ups before showing up at people's homes. Your kind spirit will be rewarded for the love you spread to all those around you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadion View Post
    Hmm... you're right. Very useful. You've helped them to realize a flaw in their approach. Hopefully they caught on to your generous gesture and now will make telephone follow-ups before showing up at people's homes. Your kind spirit will be rewarded for the love you spread to all those around you...
    they have no way to know 1 person is filling all the forms

even if they did theres no point discovering an exploit if you never use it

10+ Year Old Account
    they have no way to know 1 person is filling all the forms

even if they did theres no point discovering an exploit if you never use it
    So, you're okay with discovering a loophole in accepted behaviour and using it to make others suffer?
    They do have a way of knowing that they're being sent around to people that don't wish to be bothered. It doesn't matter whether it's a single person sending them around willy nilly, they can still recognise that they're being toyed with.
    Last edited by Gadion; 2017-10-07 at 12:39 PM.

It's because of trolls that I am rooting for the FCC.

I fucking hope they ruin the internet playground you dumb fucks have turned it into. I'm willing to sacrifice it if it hurts you people.

Deleted
    hate to sound like a teacher here, but I am one so...

'you are only wasting your own time'

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post

I fucking hope they ruin the internet playground you dumb fucks have turned it into. I'm willing to sacrifice it if it hurts you people.
    deal with it or gtfo.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    So, you're okay with discovering a loophole in accepted behaviour and using it to make others suffer?
    They do have a way of knowing that they're being sent around to people that don't wish to be bothered. It doesn't matter whether it's a single person sending them around willy nilly, they can still recognise that they're being toyed with.
    If jeovah witnesses were able to figure things out they wouldn't be jeovah witnesses in the 1st place

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's already been used for good multiple times.

GamerGate and Kekistan come to mind.

Shadilay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post

I'm not familiar with the FCC (Googling it gives something about a Communist Commission), but I assume it has something to do with anonymity, correct?
    If that is the case, I'm not really for removing people's anonymity completely. There are valid reasons for people to remain anonymous, in particular for safety's sake. I know privacy is sort of an illusion since at any moment talented hackers can actually determine one's identity given enough motivation to do so. But removing barriers that would make one susceptible to the lowest of the low may be unwise.

I'm not familiar with the FCC (Googling it gives something about a Communist Commission), but I assume it has something to do with anonymity, correct?
    If that is the case, I'm not really for removing people's anonymity completely. There are valid reasons for people to remain anonymous, in particular for safety's sake. I know privacy is sort of an illusion since at any moment talented hackers can actually determine one's identity given enough motivation to do so. But removing barriers that would make one susceptible to the lowest of the low may be unwise.
    FCC is "Federal Communications Commission". It's why there is little to no cursing on US TV, no exposed breasts.

Besides TV they also cover the internet.

Net Neutrality should be renamed "Rich Companies Fighting Over Billions of Dollars" or RCFOBD. Netflix emerged on the scene and they are raking in billions of dollars, the ISPs see all that money and are drooling over it, they want to charge Netflix extra.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-10-07 at 12:52 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

the mayor who installed anti homeless spikes on public benches but I think we can do better
    What's wrong with anti-homeless spikes? If you're homeless in the America and most of Europe (i.e. well-developed countries with plenty of social programs to help you get back on your feet) then you're either lazy, a drug/alcohol addict or both!

Also homeless people ruin cities for tourists which bring in a lot of money into the local business which these homeless people are predominately harassing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    If jeovah witnesses were able to figure things out they wouldn't be jeovah witnesses in the 1st place
    Interesting... motivate your statement:
    Why would Jehovah's Witnesses be less able to figure things out than any other typical member of society? Do you have any valid reasons to believe that they are incapable of drawing logical conclusions or thinking at all rationally?

Remember that they already took the rational step of extending invitations to others to request their counsel. They recognised that they were widely seen as pests and people choose to ignore them, so they took a reasonable step to limit this behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching shia lebouf assault people on webcam was pretty entertaining

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    What's wrong with anti-homeless spikes? If you're homeless in the America and most of Europe (i.e. well-developed countries with plenty of social programs to help you get back on your feet) then you're either lazy, a drug/alcohol addict or both!

Also homeless people ruin cities for tourists which bring in a lot of money into the local business which these homeless people are predominately harassing anyway.
    You religious folks are always so compassionate.

Or mentally/physically unstable. Had a cousin like that. Medications didn't really help. His psychotic episodes made him too dangerous for group homes/staying with family too often, and hospitals wouldn't allow for continued stays/helping. And forget about being able to rent/own his own place, he couldn't keep a job either. Sad stuff, but that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Or mentally/physically unstable. Had a cousin like that. Medications didn't really help. His psychotic episodes made him too dangerous for group homes/staying with family too often, and hospitals wouldn't allow for continued stays/helping. And forget about being able to rent/own his own place, he couldn't keep a job either. Sad stuff, but that happens.
    Funnily enough I have a cousin with mental health issues as well and he is almost 40, I do not consider him homeless though because my aunt (his mum) and my cousins (his siblings) take very good care of him. They try their best to feed him, regularly wash him and cloth him in clean clothes and they also manage his finances which may be limited but they contribute financially to him as well. People like him and your cousin are more the product of failed mental health management by the so- called healthcare professionals within the failing health care system in the UK at least.

Funnily enough I have a cousin with mental health issues as well and he is almost 40, I do not consider him homeless though because my aunt (his mum) and my cousins (his siblings) take very good care of him. They try their best to feed him, regularly wash him and cloth him in clean clothes and they also manage his finances which may be limited but they contribute financially to him as well. People like him and your cousin are more the product of failed mental health management by the so- called healthcare professionals within the failing health care system in the UK at least.
    To be fair, my uncle is also a huge dick. But nonetheless, I don't want him to suffer too much for it. And shame to hear the UK has that problem with the mental health management too, since I only experience the US problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Usefull trolling got trump elected. Remember that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Usefull trolling got trump elected. Remember that.
    No it didn't

A culture of image and stupidity coupled with laissez-faire capitalism did