Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Low FPS with new system

Hello!
    I recently upgraded my rig with AMD Ryzen 7 1700 OC to 3700 Mhz and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 and this whole system should be plenty enough for WoW but i get somewhere between 20-30 fps in raids with maxed settings and there is a 5fps difference going from max to minimum settings.
    I know this isnt normal for this type of rig and im wondering if anyone has any idea why i get such bad fps?

15+ Year Old Account
    Your not going to get awesome fps in raids on full ultra.

What settings are you using or did you just slide the slider to 10?

Deleted
    Don't use ultra shadows, dont use MSAA. Try playing without addons and see if you're having performance related issues due to outdated addons

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Don't use ultra shadows, dont use MSAA. Try playing without addons and see if you're having performance related issues due to outdated addons
    Ive lowered the shadows and done testing both with and without any addons. The fps is exactly the same the same scenario. Addons are not the problem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurentony View Post
    Ive lowered the shadows and done testing both with and without any addons. The fps is exactly the same the same scenario. Addons are not the problem
    List your game settings.
    It's hard to tell you what the problem is if it's not ingame. It could be your CPU throttling, temp issues, background apps interfering etc

Hello!
    I recently upgraded my rig with AMD Ryzen 7 1700 OC to 3700 Mhz and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 and this whole system should be plenty enough for WoW but i get somewhere between 20-30 fps in raids with maxed settings and there is a 5fps difference going from max to minimum settings.
    I know this isnt normal for this type of rig and im wondering if anyone has any idea why i get such bad fps?
    What is Max to minimum settings? This means nothing. If "minimum" is setting 1, then something is wrong with your Motherboard or drivers.

10+ Year Old Account
    What raid? In case of the nighthold, set environment detail to 7.

Edit, I clumsily managed to skip over the part of min max difference being 5 fps. That is odd. Chipset drivers installed?

maybe your setup cant handle 3700? try going back to default.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    What is Max to minimum settings? This means nothing. If "minimum" is setting 1, then something is wrong with your Motherboard or drivers.

This is what im using right now to get a somewhat stable raiding fps
    Last edited by Taurentony; 2017-10-07 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Check drivers, chipset. If you're not hitting above 30fps then there's something wrong with your system

Check drivers, chipset. If you're not hitting above 30fps then there's something wrong with your system
    I have 60 fps stable but whenever there is a load on the system, in raids or a lot of people are gathered. For example the Tarren Mill vs Southshore my pc just cannot handle it at all.

Deleted
    I have 60 fps stable but whenever there is a load on the system, in raids or a lot of people are gathered. For example the Tarren Mill vs Southshore my pc just cannot handle it at all.
    Actually looks like to be normal if you're running multi core oriented processors such as Ryzen http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ormance-on-WoW
    Last edited by mmocae1868ef01; 2017-10-07 at 01:38 PM.

Actually looks like to be normal if you're running multi core oriented processors such as Ryzen http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ormance-on-WoW
    That's not good at all

That's not good at all
    Thats the way it is. WoW thrives on higher clock speed vs more cores. Maybe one day blizzard will get around to optimizing it better for that. CPU's being released are leaning more in that direction these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Thats the way it is. WoW thrives on higher clock speed vs more cores. Maybe one day blizzard will get around to optimizing it better for that. CPU's being released are leaning more in that direction these days.
    But even so it cant be this bad?

15+ Year Old Account
    You have a really weird monitor resolution along with a 50Hz refresh rate and V-Sync enabled.

Have you enabled VSR (Virtual Super Resolution) in the nVidia control panel or something and having some weird connector to the monitor as it seems to me it's tied to 30Hz or something.
    Reset all of your graphics settings to default in the nVidia panel to w/e your monitor resolution is as well as refresh rate back to 60Hz (since I doubt it's faster than that) as well as disabling V-Sync in game.

No a Ryzen 7 1700 OCed @ 3,7GHz with those settings should easily crap out more in general with the settings posted.
    With the settings you got ~50 FPS in raids should be possible at heavy moments and higher on more relaxed moments.

I got more with a Intel Core i7-990X on higher settings overall with a worse graphics card and that's considerably behind in comparison in every way.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    You have a really weird monitor resolution along with a 50Hz refresh rate and V-Sync enabled.

Have you enabled VSR (Virtual Super Resolution) in the nVidia control panel or something and having some weird connector to the monitor as it seems to me it's tied to 30Hz or something.
    Reset all of your graphics settings to default in the nVidia panel to w/e your monitor resolution is as well as refresh rate back to 60Hz (since I doubt it's faster than that) as well as disabling V-Sync in game.

No a Ryzen 7 1700 OCed @ 3,7GHz with those settings should easily crap out more in general with the settings posted.
    With the settings you got ~50 FPS in raids should be possible at heavy moments and higher on more relaxed moments.

I got more with a Intel Core i7-990X on higher settings overall with a worse graphics card and that's considerably behind in comparison in every way.

Is the settings i use for my dual monitors and you can see the connector aswell.

15+ Year Old Account
    <pics removed for size>

Is the settings i use for my dual monitors and you can see the connector aswell.
    Find and disable Dynamic Super Resolution in your control panel settings.
    You can see that it is clearly enabled in WoW.

Also do the rest I suggested and see what comes from that.

I honestly don't know the locations for these settings as the only GTX 1080 I have is off premises and I barely use it and I don't have access to it right now.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

Its better to play everything at fullscreen when having dual monitors when it comes to WoW.

Plus your WoW settings clearly state Dynamic Resolution scaling despite what you show in Nvidia settings.

Something is bugging out cause of that.

Whelp, 3 seconds too slow.

Find and disable Dynamic Super Resolution in your control panel settings.
    You can see that it is clearly enabled in WoW.

Also do the rest I suggested and see what comes from that.

I honestly don't know the locations for these settings as the only GTX 1080 I have is off premises and I barely use it and I don't have access to it right now.

It is now disabled in Nvidia Geforce and ingame shows 60Hz at 1920x1080
    I will try these settings for a raid but havent noticed any real performance difference so far in idle mode.