Thread: Black Desert

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Hey there BDO player, it’s me the amazing enhancing system, let’s try and upgrade your accessories. HAHA JK LET ME WASTE 100s OF HOURS BY DESTROYING IT FOR YOU.
    As someone who played vindictus I recognized that shit before I even played through the trial and was like *nope, never again*.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really wish I had done way more research before I got it. A friend of mine convinced me to get it many months ago when it was on sale and, okay, it was cheap, let's give it a shot.

Yes, I do think that the leveling is a lot of fun with the Dark Knight, it feels fresh to other games. I kinda like the idea that you can run businesses and have NPCs work for you, even though that takes a REALLY long time. I had a lot of fun with it! But then the more I played the more I realized it did a lot of bad stuff...

Can you trade with players? Nope. A huge red flag for me since that already takes away a lot of the MMO-aspect. Is there any PvE content outside of leveling (and 'professions' if you want to count it in with it's grinding for materials)? Nope. Not a single dungeon. Want to play with no PvP at all at higher levels? Yyyes and nnnno. In Korea, there are 'PvE' servers from what I read, but everywhere else to my knowledge? Nope. Once you reach 49, you get to do a quest that allows you to gain higher levels - but then you're toggled for PvP for everyone. Fishing? Basically you start up your fishing, let it "Auto fish" for you and you can just leave it over the night or go to work and it'll do it for you.

There are a looot of other things (such as the upgrade attempt that Jinxz mentioned - your gear can get destroyed if you're unlucky). So... just another typical Korean MMO. x_x Oh well, was fun leveling a Dark Knight at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    As someone that achieved a 515 Gearscore in BDO, I can tell you’re on the honeymoon phase. Just wait until you actually get to experience the enhancing system in all its glory and get to the “true” endgame content of BDO.

Hey there BDO player, it’s me the amazing enhancing system, let’s try and upgrade your accessories. HAHA JK LET ME WASTE 100s OF HOURS BY DESTROYING IT FOR YOU.
    That sounds like the expert tradeskill quests in Aion.

I can't remember how much but I remember it costing me an asbolute fortune to just make one item. It would fail and destroy itself repeatedly. Each and every time. When I finally passed that test I just sat there like wtf was the point of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    Im 53 lvl only, but im having sooo much fun. Character customization + dye customization is the best i have ever seen in all MMORPGs.
    Made sooo beautiful character.

How do you guys can't enjoy it like me!?!
    Because the game is a blatant cash grab.

1. Almost all good looking armors are behind a paywall. The pleb gear is purposefully made to look like crap to make you buy gear.

2. Items have a weight and backpack space is limited. It's to make you buy more weight/inventory slots.

3. You need pets to grind properly.

4. The game makes Ranking for High Warlord in Vanilla WoW look like casual business. You need to grind like a nolifer to catch up to the people at the top.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I really wish I had done way more research before I got it. A friend of mine convinced me to get it many months ago when it was on sale and, okay, it was cheap, let's give it a shot.

Yes, I do think that the leveling is a lot of fun with the Dark Knight, it feels fresh to other games. I kinda like the idea that you can run businesses and have NPCs work for you, even though that takes a REALLY long time. I had a lot of fun with it! But then the more I played the more I realized it did a lot of bad stuff...

Can you trade with players? Nope. A huge red flag for me since that already takes away a lot of the MMO-aspect. Is there any PvE content outside of leveling (and 'professions' if you want to count it in with it's grinding for materials)? Nope. Not a single dungeon. Want to play with no PvP at all at higher levels? Yyyes and nnnno. In Korea, there are 'PvE' servers from what I read, but everywhere else to my knowledge? Nope. Once you reach 49, you get to do a quest that allows you to gain higher levels - but then you're toggled for PvP for everyone. Fishing? Basically you start up your fishing, let it "Auto fish" for you and you can just leave it over the night or go to work and it'll do it for you.

There are a looot of other things (such as the upgrade attempt that Jinxz mentioned - your gear can get destroyed if you're unlucky). So... just another typical Korean MMO. x_x Oh well, was fun leveling a Dark Knight at least.
    They need to implement a type of PvP where your gear doesn't matter. Like you get equal gear to who you're duelling. PvPing is a lot of fun in this game but it's 95% gear and 5% skill.

The game has the best combat out there, in my opinion. But it's so Korean, in design, that I just can't hang on to it any longer.

After playing it since launch - and watching of the worst content update schedules in a long time, especially coming from a game that already has said content in a different region - I just had to put it aside for now.

Like the previous thread I made about BDO releasing in SEA. I'm really intrigue on how will it go for South East Asia region, generally speaking, people there are accustomed in f2p MMO model. If Black Desert still uses its pay to play structure, will it appeal to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The game has the best combat out there, in my opinion. But it's so Korean, in design, that I just can't hang on to it any longer.

After playing it since launch - and watching of the worst content update schedules in a long time, especially coming from a game that already has said content in a different region - I just had to put it aside for now.
    I'll agree with the combat controls and abilities. But combat as a whole? It's pretty terrible because the enemy AI is absolutely braindead which makes the deep ability and control system a complete waste of time. There's really no need for any of the PvE content to ever do anything that hold forward, back, or side to side and mash the attack button and watch things die.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'll agree with the combat controls and abilities. But combat as a whole? It's pretty terrible because the enemy AI is absolutely braindead which makes the deep ability and control system a complete waste of time. There's really no need for any of the PvE content to ever do anything that hold forward, back, or side to side and mash the attack button and watch things die.
    Aye, that's the bit I meant.

I feel the other part of your message comes into play due to the "Korean" aspect of the game. It's grindy. And it's meant to be that way. That type of game-play usually involves lots and lots - and some more - mindless killing. Which results in the vast legions of sub-par AI enemies made merely to be slaughtered and, subsequently, an handful of interesting to battle against 'bosses'.

Currently playing this game and i found it rather good, one reason is the character customization, also currently playing at EU server while waiting for the SEA server

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Because the game is a blatant cash grab.

1. Almost all good looking armors are behind a paywall. The pleb gear is purposefully made to look like crap to make you buy gear.

2. Items have a weight and backpack space is limited. It's to make you buy more weight/inventory slots.

3. You need pets to grind properly.

4. The game makes Ranking for High Warlord in Vanilla WoW look like casual business. You need to grind like a nolifer to catch up to the people at the top.

- - - Updated - - -

They need to implement a type of PvP where your gear doesn't matter. Like you get equal gear to who you're duelling. PvPing is a lot of fun in this game but it's 95% gear and 5% skill.
    1. It's a way for the game to make a profit so they can pay for the salaries of the people managing the game. If you're cool with managing the game for nothing (maybe a pat on the back for doing a good job) then you might consider sending in your resume. I'm sure they'd go gaga over you. Besides, buying costumes is optional. If you want to look like a badass prom queen in the battlefield then you should consider shelling out some mullah.

2. Buying slots is optional. You could get some from completing quests and some gears add stats that enable you to carry more weight. Other than that you'll just have to manage. I've never seen a school girl complain about not fitting her entire wardrobe in her purse. I think you get what I'm saying. *wink

3. Seriously? I made it to level 52 without relying on pets. Again, it's optional. You could do without one and still be able to enjoy the game.

4. Those guys invested time, money and effort to get where they are at. What, were you expecting to be at par with them overnight? C'mon, be reasonable.

I agree with your point about the PvP. That's actually a good idea. Everything else you said, though.... meh.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing this game for some time and too me the fun aspect of this game is the amount of diferente stuff i can do.

My main enjoyment comes from: crafthing stuff and put it on sale in the market, makind trade run (especial imperial deliveries), fishing by myself (not auto fishing) and ocasional kill some mobs (yes i have been 56 - 57 for a long time).
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    How do you guys can't enjoy it like me!?!
    $10 for the game. No monthly fee. High budget graphic/sound/etc.
    Must have a catch.

The catch is the end game.
    You grind for the last 10 levels and gear.

Go forbid you take a break from the game and come back and just like... wtf is going on now?
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

New updates are here. So they added a bunch of meh items. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i'm still updating/patching the game(3gig) so any specific stuffs added?

BDO is amazing up to 55-57 when you hit a brickwall and PTW is shoved down your throat so fucking far you either choke or leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderion View Post
    1. It's a way for the game to make a profit so they can pay for the salaries of the people managing the game. If you're cool with managing the game for nothing (maybe a pat on the back for doing a good job) then you might consider sending in your resume. I'm sure they'd go gaga over you. Besides, buying costumes is optional. If you want to look like a badass prom queen in the battlefield then you should consider shelling out some mullah.

2. Buying slots is optional. You could get some from completing quests and some gears add stats that enable you to carry more weight. Other than that you'll just have to manage. I've never seen a school girl complain about not fitting her entire wardrobe in her purse. I think you get what I'm saying. *wink

3. Seriously? I made it to level 52 without relying on pets. Again, it's optional. You could do without one and still be able to enjoy the game.

4. Those guys invested time, money and effort to get where they are at. What, were you expecting to be at par with them overnight? C'mon, be reasonable.

I agree with your point about the PvP. That's actually a good idea. Everything else you said, though.... meh.

1. Lol, just Lol.

The game was already free to play in Korea whereas EU/NA paid, they made gear look like shit to make you buy it. It's a buy to play MMO, you shouldn't need to shell out 30$ to have a decent looking set.

2. No, it's not optional. Someone with 1500 weight will grind much faster than someone with no paid bonus. The system is made to annoy you until you pay up.

3. I can get to lvl 52 in a day, lvl 52 means nothing. It's not optional, you will never be competitive if you manually loot.

4. You need to grind for half a year like a madman to get there and by then they'll have grinded for 1.5 years like madmen and still be ahead of you.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-10-19 at 09:30 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Lol, just Lol.

The game was already free to play in Korea whereas EU/NA paid, they made gear look like shit to make you buy it. It's a buy to play MMO, you shouldn't need to shell out 30$ to have a decent looking set.

2. No, it's not optional. Someone with 1500 weight will grind much faster than someone with no paid bonus. The system is made to annoy you until you pay up.

3. I can get to lvl 52 in a day, lvl 52 means nothing. It's not optional, you will never be competitive if you manually loot.

4. You need to grind for half a year like a madman to get there and by then they'll have grinded for 1.5 years like madmen and still be ahead of you.
    While I'm more on your side than his.

2/3 are optional.... Yes they help immensely if you do get them, they are not required to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    While I'm more on your side than his.

2/3 are optional.... Yes they help immensely if you do get them, they are not required to play the game.
    They are required if you want to, at some point, not be shit.

You'll grind at 20% of the speed of someone with 4 pets without any.

Also you can sell pearl items for silver. It's pay to win all around.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are required if you want to, at some point, not be shit.

You'll grind at 20% of the speed of someone with 4 pets without any.

Also you can sell pearl items for silver. It's pay to win all around.

Yes because taking a longer time to loot = being a shit player.......

Like I said I agree with you. They made the game were getting pets is the optimal thing to to, and the only way to get them being buy them for cash. Which is a shitty thing to do.