Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I think... a word isn't being used accurately in this statement... maybe 2.

edit:

I forget that this is the current year and subjects concerning sex and gender and the whole mess around it gets blurrier and blurrier with each new group of teachers and people chasing headlines.
    you can lay blame on social progress all you want but the fact of the matter that for HUNDREDS OF YEARS that my statement is true.

in victorian times it was 'masculine" to wear pink, high heels, and wear wigs" . what is masculine and what is feminine is arbitrary and decided from generation to generation, its a society construct.

But also in this very topic we discuss men who dont act masculine...because...they arent. There is no reason to believe a man naturally acts 'masculine". That is learned behavior. Men like pink. men screem, men like to cook. men like to take care of babies. men like to gesture with their hands.

If what you mean by masculine is "acting like someone who grows fascial hair, doesnt grow breasts and has a penis and testicles" well thats a pretty arbitrary definition and has nothing to do with the topic at hand.... one cannot 'act" that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I wasn't talking for or about gay men. I was talking about the liberal media and what stereotypes and roles of genders/races/sexualities it is or isn't ok with.
    No you accused some gay men of intentionally acting feminine, and that most gay men attempt to to do so in order to appease some sort of conspiracy of acceptability via Said liberal media.

People act the way they do. No one thinks "i better not flip my wrist because then my liberal friends will think i'm TO gay"
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Because people find stereotypical gays annoying?

I really could care less if you pitch or catch but for the love of god stop talking with a fucking lisp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found minority groups to be some of the most sexist and racist people I've ever personally met so there's that (I'm hispanic so I've lived alongside of minorities most of my life).
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    yea sorry but dont speak for gay ppl. you just sound like a bigot. No gay person except the homophobic ones cares about people fulfilling stereotypes.
    You've made a couple of posts yourself where you want people to fulfill a "gay stereotype".

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Not to mention that a lot of gay men have forgotten the “T” part and have disappeared from activism since getting the right to marry.

The transgender community has been on the frontline in our fight for equality since Stonewall, and in a lot of ways the gay community has abandoned them.
    very true the best examples of the misogyny involved is the gay men (and women)s interaction with the trans community. As other (trans no doubt) people said about the bathroom bill situation . "I knew it would be a matter of 'passing' or not".

As in masculine looking women with short hair where getting harrassed despite being cisgendered , while trans women who had been on hert for a long time and 'looked" like women recieved less harrassment or none at all.

People didnt care if you where a trans or not, they focued on these arbitrary guidelines of what was masculine and feminine to try to guess who was trans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Because people find stereotypical gays annoying?

I really could care less if you pitch or catch but for the love of god stop talking with a fucking lisp.
    some people have a lisp, no need to be homophobic about it.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

but yes we live in a white supremacist society so 'white' men are the ideal as are white women you'll see the same everywhere
    and we hate femininity which is why only masculine (but not TO masculine) women are respected and feminine women and gay men are not or Feminine men in general
    Hahaha, no. Most people around here are not particularly interested in white people nor is femininity hated.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I've found minority groups to be some of the most sexist and racist people I've ever personally met so there's that (I'm hispanic so I've lived alongside of minorities most of my life).
    well that may be YOUR experience but from MY experience majority groups are infinitely worse. Its just Everyone in the room assumes you are gay so no one ever talks about it. and of course all the friends and family are either white or "white-passing' hispanics. You almost think your family isnt a bunch of bigoted rednecks till you are waiting to see if your dad is going to die or not and your uncle in law tries to change the subject by talking about how Trump was unfairly attacked by mediators calling out his blatant lies.

Pretty much every group that's attracted to men finds lean, masculine white men attractive. This question is about on par with asking why men are attracted to slender women with large breasts. You really don't need to dig that deep into culture to see that some people are just more attractive than others.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You've made a couple of posts yourself where you want people to fulfill a "gay stereotype".
    not sure what you are talking about.

some people act a certain way. just because straight people hate gays and try to identify them based on how SOME gay people act doesnt mean gay people should act unnaturally to avoid being stereotyped.

but lesbians exist, fem gay men exist. there are fem straight men, and butch straight women. its almost like...

gays are normal people

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I find this highly hypocritical and slightly ironic that the LGBT community appears to worship the ground that straight-acting and predominately white gay males walk on. Being “straight-acting,” for a gay man at least, is directly related to how convincingly he is able to present traditionally masculine mannerisms. The term is so markedly offensive because its very existence insists that there is a particular, instantly identifiable manner of being gay (defined by effeminacy). And what’s more, those qualities are seen as patently unattractive, undesirable and wildly dangerous. Conversely, it then follows that there simultaneously exists a particular, instantly recognizable manner of being straight (defined by masculinity). And what’s more, those qualities are seen as incredibly attractive, desirable and wholly advantageous, enough so that gay people would try to “act” in that way.

So it's not surprise that the ideal body image in gay circles is that of a gay white man who doesn't act gay... Just google "DNA magazine sexiest man alive" and behold the hypocrisy of the LGBT community.

My question is why is a community that is fighting for equality and inclusion so elitist, and blatantly racist and homophobic?
    Because being gay doesn't mean you have to be an oversexualized degenerate dancing half naked in the streets meanwhile having an anus ravaged by hundreds of different sexual partners.
    I don't see why your sexual orientation should change a way you act. You are only perpetuating stereotypes.
    Last edited by AkundaMrdal; 2017-10-07 at 01:34 PM.

not sure what you are talking about.

some people act a certain way. just because straight people hate gays and try to identify them based on how SOME gay people act doesnt mean gay people should act unnaturally to avoid being stereotyped.

but lesbians exist, fem gay men exist. there are fem straight men, and butch straight women. its almost like...

gays are normal people
    I don't hate gays. I hate people acting like victims all the time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Hahaha, no. Most people around here are not particularly interested in white people nor is femininity hated.
    well maybe not where you are but in the west and east its true

very true the best examples of the misogyny involved is the gay men (and women)s interaction with the trans community. As other (trans no doubt) people said about the bathroom bill situation . "I knew it would be a matter of 'passing' or not".

As in masculine looking women with short hair where getting harrassed despite being cisgendered , while trans women who had been on hert for a long time and 'looked" like women recieved less harrassment or none at all.

People didnt care if you where a trans or not, they focued on these arbitrary guidelines of what was masculine and feminine to try to guess who was trans.

- - - Updated - - -

some people have a lisp, no need to be homophobic about it.
    I'm not I just despise listening to people with a lisp.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As a gay man I am fairly masculine, I am only attracted to masculine gay men and almost all my gay friends are also masculine. The fact that you choose to identify as masculinity as straight or straight-acting is to me ridiculous.
    THe importance is what we are attracted to. The majority of gay men are attracted to masculinity so why is it peculiar that we prefer it?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean is it peculiar? Male homosexuality is about attaction to males after all.
    I'm not saying it is peculiar, just correcting the OP conflating the gay community with the LGBT community. They have different goals, philosophies, outlooks and people and are as different from each other as they are to heteronormative culture.

From my LGBT perspective, it would not be "peculiar" to find a biological born male attractive because of their feminine features, because we disassociate gender and sex and speak about sexuality and orientation in different ways than the gay community does.

In my experience, the only place that the LGBT get along with the gay community is because the LGBT shares some goals with the BDSM community who shares some goals with the gay leather community who shares some goals with the gay community. But that barely goes beyond everyone being welcome at (some) gay pride parades.
    Last edited by Firefall; 2017-10-07 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I don't hate gays. I hate people acting like victims all the time though.
    well if you dont see gays as victims then you are either blind or stupid. if Trump dies the man who will be the leader of the most powerful military in the world, wants to electrocute gay children till they stop acting gay.

so its OBJECTIVELY a problem and being derisive wont stop that

well maybe not where you are but in the west and east its true
    What do you mean by east exactly?

No you accused some gay men of intentionally acting feminine, and that most gay men attempt to to do so in order to appease some sort of conspiracy of acceptability via Said liberal media.
    That's nothing like anything I said. Learn to read.

No one thinks "i better not flip my wrist because then my liberal friends will think i'm TO gay"
    I'm guessing there's likely a lot of gay actors that think things like this in auditions though.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

well if you dont see gays as victims then you are either blind or stupid. if Trump dies the man who will be the leader of the most powerful military in the world, wants to electrocute gay children till they stop acting gay.

so its OBJECTIVELY a problem and being derisive wont stop that
    I don't see how that would affect people in the rest of the world. It would just be USA.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I'm not I just despise listening to people with a lisp.
    thats your problem and you should work on it. if you cared at all you'd learn about lisps and realize how hard it is to get rid of one. If it drives you into a rage see a psyciatrist

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    /snip
    My question is why is a community that is fighting for equality and inclusion so elitist, and blatantly racist and homophobic?
    You're assuming that a gay male should act "gay." Rethink and repost without that assumption, and perhaps add a paragraph on the "dangers of acting straight." Or just paragraphs. That would be cool.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.