Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    not sure what you are talking about.

some people act a certain way. just because straight people hate gays and try to identify them based on how SOME gay people act doesnt mean gay people should act unnaturally to avoid being stereotyped.

but lesbians exist, fem gay men exist. there are fem straight men, and butch straight women. its almost like...

gays are normal people
    And masculine gay men also exist. It is you who is insisting they're "acting" to please societal norms instead of just being themselves.

I prefer swishy gays over straight appearing gays. Straight appearing gays are sneaky.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I don't see how that would affect people in the rest of the world. It would just be USA.
    oh hey wouldnt you know, the USA has millions of gay people. which would make them a victim of his policy's hence being victims. and not 'acting ' like em.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

oh hey wouldnt you know, the USA has millions of gay people. which would make them a victim of his policy's hence being victims. and not 'acting ' like em.
    Okay, so? I don't see what that has to do with my statement.

Deleted
    Some day you'll have real problems in your life and you'll look back and be amazed how entitled you used to be

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And masculine gay men also exist. It is you who is insisting they're "acting" to please societal norms instead of just being themselves.
    i think i actually implied both. i was directly referencing two homophobic posts accusing 'fem' gays of Acting despite the writers obivously having no idea. and yes if you know anything about children and what we do to them whats viewed as "male" culture is very put on and artificial, same with women. its like i said, almost like people are just people
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

If people want a motive for the actions of entire groups of people they should start showing up to the AGMs. I'm sure the LGBT community discussed it then and you'd know now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Okay, so? I don't see what that has to do with my statement.
    you said you hate people who play the victim, but there there is no one 'playing' a victim. just victims so your hate is unwarrented and spam in this topic

cause on a deep subconscious level even they realize that acting like a woman is odd and abnormal
    you can be attracted to the same sex and enjoy it but all that flamboyance and show off its just odd coming from a man and off putting even to most gays
    a strong balanced gay man will always be preferred and attractive

you said you hate people who play the victim, but there there is no one 'playing' a victim. just victims so your hate is unwarrented and spam in this topic
    There are plenty of people who are playing a victim out there in the world.

i think i actually implied both. i was directly referencing two homophobic posts accusing 'fem' gays of Acting despite the writers obivously having no idea. and yes if you know anything about children and what we do to them whats viewed as "male" culture is very put on and artificial, same with women. its like i said, almost like people are just people
    I hate to break it to you but stereotypical "gay culture" is also artificial. It didn't just drop from the sky one day, god didn't create it, people did. You don't get to claim one is artificial and the other is not.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If people want a motive for the actions of entire groups of people they should start showing up to the AGMs. I'm sure the LGBT community discussed it then and you'd know now.
    Indeed thats why i'm stoping soon. i've been up since 3 pm yesterday and i think i've covered all the basics pretty well. anyone who still feels that way is probably just enjoying being able to look down upon ppl for stupid reasons. There are literally dozens of sitcoms, movies, hundreds of books and literally 100s of millions of gay people to talk about around the world

by all means anyone here go out and discuss it with your gay friends and family, just make sure to ask more than one.

Oh and little tip. if you know only one or two gay friends or family its probably because you've made it clear you are close minded and possibly bigoted and gay ppl have avoided becoming friends with you, and family doesnt feel safe talking to you about it. I myself have for years considering the pros and cons of posssibly becoming a pariah in a Tea Bagger family, versus the benefit of my coming out letting anyone else in the family feel safer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    cause on a deep subconscious level even they realize that acting like a woman is odd and abnormal
    you can be attracted to the same sex and enjoy it but all that flamboyance and show off its just odd coming from a man and off putting even to most gays
    a strong balanced gay man will always be preferred and attractive
    sorry but no one acting like a woman is abnormal. there is no way to 'act' like a woman that is a society construct and our biology has nothing to do with it. its made up. like the boogie man, and god

- - - Updated - - -

There are plenty of people who are playing a victim out there in the world.
    yea in some countries they kill gays. i think that makes one a victim .... in the most powerful country (note i say powerful, not best, because America is bollox but it has the worlds biggest military) they are oppressed with social conventions and laws that inconvenience them unfairly and train parents to hate their gay kids, and n the worst countries they kill us.

almost like its a global problem and anyone who doesnt think gay ppl are victims is talking out their tuchus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I hate to break it to you but stereotypical "gay culture" is also artificial. It didn't just drop from the sky one day, god didn't create it, people did. You don't get to claim one is artificial and the other is not.
    and OP was talking about acting feminine, not culture. and in another post i talked about how children act naturally feminine AND masculine with boys and girls doing BOTH but its our society that treats us that one gender cant do one, and the other gender cant do the other.

yea gay culture is artificial, so is straight culture.

but people acting masc and fem is normal. but what we have been discussing for 2 pages was why Straight culture brainwashes people into thinking acting fem is bad for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Different people prefer different things. It just so happens that right now a majority of gay men prefer other men with more masculine traits. The only reason they would be on a "pedestal" (which I don't believe they are) would be because that's the curent paradigm. That paradigm is fluid.
    Last edited by yoma; 2017-10-07 at 02:03 PM.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

anyways thats my limit. i've covered every base ,if you still disagree you probably never wanted to change your opinion in the first place.

like i said if you actually care and arent here to be contrary talk to at least 3 people about it. I recommend 1 feminine gay man, one lesbian, and one older gay man who used to be all 'no fems".

and like i said. Assuming you can find one who wants to talk to you.

Victims of what? It's not 1952.

because , like i said, its not MY job to educate you get off our lazy butts and do it yourself.

you know, if you ACTUALLY care

thats your problem and you should work on it. if you cared at all you'd learn about lisps and realize how hard it is to get rid of one. If it drives you into a rage see a psyciatrist
    I tolerate it. its like a rock inside of a shoe you can't get out. Its annoying but you simply look to resolve it.

I would hypothesize that "normal" acting homosexuals are more conducive towards the LBTQ community being embraced by the populace at large.

Your average Joe who also happens to be gay is is an easier sell than an over the top ultra flamboyant queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I find this highly hypocritical and slightly ironic that the LGBT community appears to worship the ground that straight-acting and predominately white gay males walk on. Being “straight-acting,” for a gay man at least, is directly related to how convincingly he is able to present traditionally masculine mannerisms. The term is so markedly offensive because its very existence insists that there is a particular, instantly identifiable manner of being gay (defined by effeminacy). And what’s more, those qualities are seen as patently unattractive, undesirable and wildly dangerous. Conversely, it then follows that there simultaneously exists a particular, instantly recognizable manner of being straight (defined by masculinity). And what’s more, those qualities are seen as incredibly attractive, desirable and wholly advantageous, enough so that gay people would try to “act” in that way.

So it's not surprise that the ideal body image in gay circles is that of a gay white man who doesn't act gay... Just google "DNA magazine sexiest man alive" and behold the hypocrisy of the LGBT community.

My question is why is a community that is fighting for equality and inclusion so elitist, and blatantly racist and homophobic?
    Your problem is confusing effeminate and masculine behavior with being gay and being straight. One can be overtly masculine and be the most raging homosexual, or be completely feminine but only like the clam.

Your generalizations are the only thing here that is anything close to hypocrisy. And DNA magazine also isn't the official newletter of the LGBT community, just like how Breitbart clearly doesn't represent the entire right wing of politics. Blaiming the entire community for one magazine white washing their modeling line-up is exactly like saying every Republikkkan that supports Trump is a Nazi.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-10-07 at 02:05 PM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    2016 was the deadliest year on record for transgender people
    https://www.glaad.org/blog/2016-was-...sgender-people

Victims of being killed for being different.
    We were talking about homosexuals.