Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    I would hypothesize that "normal" acting homosexuals are more conducive towards the LBTQ community being embraced by the populace at large.

Your average Joe who also happens to be gay is is an easier sell than an over the top ultra flamboyant queen.
    That and... Gay people can be... 'normal' and 'normal' people can act like an over the top flamboyant queen.

The generalizations in this thread, ffs people do you even read books?
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because straight-acting gays are more palatable to moderates/conservatives than flamboyant naked-in-San-Francisco gays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    2016 was the deadliest year on record for transgender people
    https://www.glaad.org/blog/2016-was-...sgender-people

Victims of being killed for being different.
    How confident are you that the bulk of that group is "killed for being different" rather than being engaged in all sorts of risky behavior and getting killed as a result of drugs, prostitution, or other sketchy situations gone wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Because straight-acting gays are more palatable to moderates/conservatives than flamboyant naked-in-San-Francisco gays.
    This might be the only thing this thread has going for it. It allows conservatives to pretend their friends don't make them irrationally uncomfortable for no reason save for pre-conceived biases and notions instilled by negative stereotypes portrayed constantly in media and white culture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    How confident are you that the bulk of that group is "killed for being different" rather than being engaged in all sorts of risky behavior and getting killed as a result of drugs, prostitution, or other sketchy situations gone wrong?
    Yes, getting shot up in a nightclub is a result of me taking too much drugs, whoring myself out and getting tied up in a latex cat suit.

The strawman, please try harder.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    BREAKING NEWS! Personality and sexuality aren't inherently tied together! Back to you, Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Perhaps you should ask them.
    Good joke; interacting with humans in real life, haha!

Thanks, but no thanks! *goes back into his basement*

Ok:
    LGBT Murders Rose in 2016
    Report coincides with the first anniversary of the massacre at Orlando's Pulse nightclub, the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...in-2016-report
    "Excluding Pulse victims, 28 Americans who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender were killed in 2016, which was up 17 percent from 24 killed the previous year, according to the annual report. The number of killings last year was the highest since 2012, when 25 LGBT people were killed."

That's not really a lot. Even small fluctuations at that low amount will cause massive increase in percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    How does one "act" straight? It seems to me behaving like the image of a stereotypical gay person is acting and the alternative is just the natural way of being a man.
    Ask the gays bro. Their term, not the straights. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Yes, getting shot up in a nightclub is a result of me taking too much drugs, whoring myself out and getting tied up in a latex cat suit.

The strawman, please try harder.
    Are you really going to act like Mateen's Islam-fueled slaughter is the norm?

You should go read up on what "strawman" means as well. The way you're using it above makes you look ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    "28 Americans who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender were killed in 2016 which was up 17 percent from 24 killed the previous year, according to the annual report."

That's not really a lot.
    *Shrugs* 50 dead isn't really a high number either. It's not the amount that matters, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    "Excluding Pulse victims, 28 Americans who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender were killed in 2016, which was up 17 percent from 24 killed the previous year, according to the annual report. The number of killings last year was the highest since 2012, when 25 LGBT people were killed."

That's not really a lot. Even small fluctuations at that low amount will cause massive increase in percentage.
    It's also plausibly a product of the overall increase in murders during 2015 and 2016:
    This year’s rise appears slightly smaller than last year’s dramatic increase. The big cities experienced roughly a 11.3 percent increase in murder in 2016, which is down from the same group’s 14.8 percent increase from 2014 to 2015.

*Shrugs* 50 dead isn't really a high number either. It's not the amount that matters, people.
    The amount definitely matters if you're going to claim you have a problem related to societal norms with people being killed because of their sexuality. If it's such a low number then that means the issue doesn't stem from society but rather a few select deranged individuals.

That and... Gay people can be... 'normal' and 'normal' people can act like an over the top flamboyant queen.

The generalizations in this thread, ffs people do you even read books?
    Let's take put the scary buzzwords so you don't choke on your own outrage.

Why would Group A praise it's own members for adopting the mannerisms from from Group B? So that group A can be accepted and appreciated by Group B.

It's just a theiory. Calm down.

I only stipulate because I've seen black friends admonished for acting too white and it seems to be the opposite in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Are you really going to act like Mateen's Islam-fueled slaughter is the norm?

You should go read up on what "strawman" means as well. The way you're using it above makes you look ignorant.
    Considering it's either Christian or Islam fueled slaughter every other day for all walks of people save for white, straight men?

It makes me look ignorant? For pointing out the fact you're trying to whataboutism LGBTQ death as the communities problem rather than an overarching systemic problem with homophobia? That there makes -you- look ignorant. But hey, looking ignorant and being ignorant are two different things, as you proved with your first post being the latter now that you've doubled down.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-10-07 at 02:20 PM.

not sure why straight acting is a thing. Maybe ask yourself why people in a community become or people like you pressure them to be a stereotype of it. Granted I haven't spent much time with LGBT people but my partner was friends with one. Found out his email address was supergay something so may not be a representative sample. Gay doesn't mean act, dress or behave a certain way - or shouldnt.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Let's take put the scary buzzwords so you don't choke on your own outrage.

Why would Group A praise it's own members for adopting the mannerisms from from Group B? So that group A can be accepted and appreciated by Group B.

It's just a theiory. Calm down.

I only stipulate because I've seen black friends admonished for acting too white and it seems to be the opposite in this case.
    Why does group B not accept group A? What did group A do? Where does group C fit in? What about the X people?

These analogies and theories are about as useful as scientific psychology.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I find this highly hypocritical and slightly ironic that the LGBT community appears to worship the ground that straight-acting and predominately white gay males walk on. Being “straight-acting,” for a gay man at least, is directly related to how convincingly he is able to present traditionally masculine mannerisms. The term is so markedly offensive because its very existence insists that there is a particular, instantly identifiable manner of being gay (defined by effeminacy). And what’s more, those qualities are seen as patently unattractive, undesirable and wildly dangerous. Conversely, it then follows that there simultaneously exists a particular, instantly recognizable manner of being straight (defined by masculinity). And what’s more, those qualities are seen as incredibly attractive, desirable and wholly advantageous, enough so that gay people would try to “act” in that way.

So it's not surprise that the ideal body image in gay circles is that of a gay white man who doesn't act gay... Just google "DNA magazine sexiest man alive" and behold the hypocrisy of the LGBT community.

My question is why is a community that is fighting for equality and inclusion so elitist, and blatantly racist and homophobic?
    "Act gay"? What does that mean?

Considering it's either Christian or Islam fueled slaughter every other day for all walks of people save for white, straight men.
    What a spectacularly dishonest distortion! The notion that straight white Christians are a group that's particularly responsible for LGBT murders is absolutely laughable. Go check out the data - you'll find it's rather unimpressive for the whites-as-villains narrative.
    It makes me look ignorant? For pointing out the fact you're trying to whataboutism LGBTQ death as the communities problem rather than an overarching systemic problem with homophobia? That there makes -you- look ignorant. But hey, looking ignorant and being ignorant are two different things, as you proved with your first post being the latter now that you've doubled down.
    No, the part where you don't really seem to know what "strawman" means is what made you look ignorant. You shouldn't throw around logical fallacies when you flatly don't know what they are. You're doing it again in this post - just because you heard the word "whataboutism" and thought it sounded like a clever refutation doesn't make it so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because white guys are smexy. Next

Is that a possibility also? Sure... but that does not change the current reality that Transgender people, and gay people in general are still a target... thankfully a smaller ones.. so it is getting better, at least in the US/west.
    I thought a large portion just shot themselves. We really should try to treat the underlying mental illness itself.